PDA

View Full Version : Travel Information Needed.

Leithenhibby
08-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Just wondering if anyone has a wee update for us out of towners..:wink:

Will be looking to come up to Edinburgh on saturday, BUT, it depends what the roads are like and if the Leadburn/Penicuik areas are ok? Can't seem to get any detailed info at the moment......:thumbsup:

Toaods
08-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Will be looking to come up to Edinburgh on saturday, BUT, it depends what the roads are like and if the Leadburn/Penicuik areas are ok? Can't seem to get any detailed info at the moment......:thumbsup:

wise man say "phone Filst buses fol update, they get thlough, load OK'

J-C
08-01-2010, 11:16 AM

Most of the main roads seem to be ok, give yourself an extra hour or so to get in just in case.

Golden Bear
08-01-2010, 11:35 AM

If travelling by bus - I'd check the latest with "First Scottish" tomorrow.

It's still a restricted service they're running today by the looks of it.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/sescot/service_disruptions/?item=8001

Leithenhibby
08-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Travelling by car, :worried::crazy: father-in-law is desperate to get to the game.....by the sounds of it the roads are not too bad-ish.

Will give myself plenty time if I do decide to come up :wink:....I can pick you up Toaods+ if you like?

Toaods
08-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Travelling by car, :worried::crazy: father-in-law is desperate to get to the game.....by the sounds of it the roads are not too bad-ish.

Will give myself plenty time if I do decide to come up :wink:....I can pick you up Toaods+ if you like?

no plans as yet, waiting to see if M wants to go or not.

Just went to collect her from school - roads here are no problem at all and a big Double-decker 62 flew passed.

Leithenhibby
08-01-2010, 10:44 PM
no plans as yet, waiting to see if M wants to go or not.
Just went to collect her from school - roads here are no problem at all and a big Double-decker 62 flew passed.

No problem, I've just come-down with a stinking cold, so the chances are probably slimmer than first thought....Never mind the snow, man flu.:wink:

Woody1985
08-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know if IM travelled down tonight or will be coming tomorrow?

oconnors_strip
09-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know if IM travelled down tonight or will be coming tomorrow?

i presume you are meaning irvine meadow. they are travelling through tomorrow lunch time. they can barely afford the bus never mind staying over night!

Leithenhibby
09-01-2010, 09:05 AM

Bang on cue...:greengrin looks like I'm going to the game after all as my father-in-law has been on the phone and been asking everyone in the town " Is the road to Edinbra ok? " :greengrin

As I say, he is desperate to go. 76 years young yesterday...:top marks

Apparently the roads are OK

Toaods
09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
Bang on cue...:greengrin looks like I'm going to the game after all as my father-in-law has been on the phone and been asking everyone in the town " Is the road to Edinbra ok? " :greengrin

As I say, he is desperate to go. 76 years young yesterday...:top marks

Apparently the roads are OK

I always thought that 1875 he has emblazoned on his top was the year he was born....:cool2:

ArabHibee
09-01-2010, 10:16 AM
:greengrin
i presume you are meaning irvine meadow. they are travelling through tomorrow lunch time. they can barely afford the bus never mind staying over night!

It'll be Sunday by then and they'll miss the game! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
09-01-2010, 10:20 AM
:greengrin

It'll be Sunday by then and they'll miss the game! :greengrin

i knew someone would pick up on that:greengrin didnt actually realise it was 1am when i posted :wink:

Leithenhibby
09-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I always thought that 1875 he has emblazoned on his top was the year he was born....:cool2:

:thumbsup: a few snow flurries over the past few week will NOT keep this man away from ER :wink:

Gala Foxes
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
pissing down with snow in Gala - AGAIN !

James70
09-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Trying to get info from First Bus is impossible, website still shows yesterday's limited service, nothing about today's service, phoned them up and was asked to leave a message! Get it sorted Petrie!! :grr:

Golden Bear
09-01-2010, 10:41 AM
pissing down with snow in Gala - AGAIN !

Just a couple of showers in Peebles but nothing that will prevent us from getting to the game.

:thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Trying to get info from First Bus is impossible, website still shows yesterday's limited service, nothing about today's service, phoned them up and was asked to leave a message! Get it sorted Petrie!! :grr:

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/sescot/service_disruptions/?item=8001

latest update on the borders buses was at 10.45am today

Gala Foxes
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM

Top quality - Its high time Petrie got the gritting situation sorted, A7 is a shambles

Toaods
09-01-2010, 10:57 AM
can't you border lot double up and:

cut the down the number of cars of the road
save money
create more body heat

...think GREEN....:cool2: