PDA

View Full Version : bonding

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 09:22 AM
with all the talk about how well the players are getting on, got me thinking about hibs under MacLeish. he was big on team bonding aswell. i remember when most of the squad all turned up with SKINHEADS. some ugly mugs without hair but they could play some decent football. well, most of them. not sure what sean dennis was trying to do. :rolleyes:

cockneymike
08-01-2010, 11:15 AM
It's true that the skinhead team, were well bonded but I don't think that Shaun Dennis was still at the club then, or if so, he wasn't really part of the team by that stage. As the skinhead team's defence was smith, fenwick with Le God sweeping.

With regards Dennis though, is there not a clip on the Inside Easter Rd video where Yogi talks about him and Shaun Dennis going missing for 3 days after the millenium derby, due to being on their extended celebrations.

Now THAT is bonding!!!

:thumbsup:

Baw187
08-01-2010, 11:26 AM
I had the pleasure of serving the Mcleish team when they all came in to Chiquitos for their christmas lunch one year and they were certainly rowdy enough !

They were all dressed up in costumes and I recall Mixu being steaming and chucking BBQ sauce over Derek Collins' Robin outfit, to which he was not too amused about. Mixu sat there bevied, unapologetic, while I got Derek some soda water to help clean the offending sauce from his costume. He wisnae happy !

Yogi had to step in and calm Collins down and also had a word wi Mixu. I actually remember Yogi being the man who kept the event from turning in to a riot by overseeing things and ensuring folk towed the line.

Certainly seemed like they had a good bond.

I also served the Yam fuds in TGIs one time and they all sat there sour faced and talking gash, nae outfits.