PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Scott Arfield

CorrieHibs
08-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Southampton have made a £300,000 offer to Falkirk for midfielder Scott Arfield. (The Sun)

Surely we can match that offer. Only stumbling block might be wages. C'mon Yogi and Petrie get this boy signed.

PaulSmith
08-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Southampton have made a £300,000 offer to Falkirk for midfielder Scott Arfield. (SUN Newspaper)

Surely we can match that offer. Only stumbling block might be wages. C'mon Yogi and Petrie get this boy signed.

We could match the offer but not a hope in hell of matching wages on offer in the Championship. They'll quite easily offer between £5-6k and we won't pay that and quite rightly too IMO.

brydekirk
08-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Southampton have made a £300,000 offer to Falkirk for midfielder Scott Arfield. (SUN Newspaper)

we offered £400,000 in the summer. eddie doesnt want him to come to hibs. your probably right about the wages.:agree:

Caversham Green
08-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Aren't Saints still in administration? :confused:

If so, they won't be able to offer much in wages (they're League one rather than Championship) and are presumably restricted in offering transfer fees as well.

CB_NO3
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Aren't Saints still in administration? :confused:

If so, they won't be able to offer much in wages (they're League one rather than Championship) and are presumably restricted in offering transfer fees as well.
They signed Ricky Lambert for 1 million in the close season, so they cant be that skint, am sure the found new investors.

LancsHibs
08-01-2010, 09:22 AM
We could match the offer but not a hope in hell of matching wages on offer in the Championship. They'll quite easily offer between £5-6k and we won't pay that and quite rightly too IMO.

Southampton are League 1, not in the championship and wont be getting promoted this season so if he goes there it will be league 1 football at least this season & next!!!
IF Yogi wants him then we must get this sorted!

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 09:30 AM
We won't match Southampton's bid or wages.

Yogi will wait until he gets homesick and get him to ER on our terms in a year or 18 months.

Simple as that, eh.

Caversham Green
08-01-2010, 09:37 AM
They signed Ricky Lambert for 1 million in the close season, so they cant be that skint, am sure the found new investors.

Aye, they did - some Swiss bloke I think. It was the holding co that was in administration IIRC, so they won't have any problems.

All that had slipped my mind completely - I'm getting old.

Haymaker
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Aye, they did - some Swiss bloke I think. It was the holding co that was in administration IIRC, so they won't have any problems.

All that had slipped my mind completely - I'm getting old.

The new owners have alot of cash available for Saints but are very, very cautious as to how and when to spend it, it is extremely difficult to persuade their board to release cash after the over spending of previous owners [Source, a member of the training team]. Lambert was £1m but is paying that back nicely i think, fits the system they play very well and Arfield will be very good in their system I reckon.

keano the hibee
08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
when it comes to paying wages in league 1 and 2 in england i'm sure i heard on tv that there are wage structures down in those leagues where clubs are only allowed to spend up to a max of 60% ( or thereabouts ) of there turnover on players wages think it's a measure to stop teams heading towards administration.
they were talking about notts county at the time where they had rich investors and apparently gifts to the club from these investors count as turnover hence they could afford sol campbell ( for the 1 game he was there )

so we might not be that far away from the wages they could offer

but i'm no 100% sure bout this so dont shoot me down if i'm wrong

jdships
08-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Is he really that much better than what we already have ?

:greengrin

ancient hibee
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Southampton have made a £300,000 offer to Falkirk for midfielder Scott Arfield. (The Sun)

Why would we want to?

kaz62
08-01-2010, 07:39 PM
scott arfield was seen coming oot easter road main stand at 11ish 2day and thats a fact:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 07:40 PM
scott arfield was seen coming oot easter road main stand at 11ish 2day and thats a fact:confused:

Maybe booking BTG for his 21st?

ancient hibee
08-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Buying some fish?

greenlex
08-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Funny that. I am sure he was with me then. I certainly was no where near Edinburgh at that time never mind ER.:confused:

.Sean.
08-01-2010, 07:44 PM

And you heard this were?

kaz62
08-01-2010, 07:51 PM
from a hun lovin mate but he wisnae at the wind up