PDA

View Full Version : Crowd for 'Medda game

ano hibby
08-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Seen the reports that 'Medda will have c.2000..
What about us, anyone heard how ticket sales + cup top ups are looking?

Looking forward to it :agree::thumbsup:

Brooster
08-01-2010, 09:09 AM
I dont see any reason why there shouldn't be at least 10k there, the usual part timers will be looking for excuses not to go (too cold, its only a junior team blah blah) but generally most of our 11k regulars should be there.

CentreLine
08-01-2010, 09:13 AM
It is pay at the gate and i think we may get a real good turn out. Great for Medda if it happens. Then I hope they freeze and ship a barrow load of goals. But, like Yoggi, I will settle for being in the next round with a 1-0 win

GGTTH :notworthy:

Antifa Hibs
08-01-2010, 09:13 AM
There was almost 12500 at Hibs - Caley in Mixu's first season. Anything less than that would be a disappointment seeing as Meadow are bringing around 2k through.

Wouldn't go with ticket sales either, 5 of us ST holders all will be PATG tomorrow.

Just hope its on, don't fancy another midweek game, running out of holidays for work. :D

Hibby Bairn
08-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Me too. 3 ST holders all going for pay at the gate tomorrow with another 2 non-ST holders.

Baw187
08-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I wasn't going as I was meant to be heading down to Darlington for a family party on my wife's side. Thankfully the weather has put paid to that and I have now purchased a ticket.

I opted to buy a ticket rather than go PATG so that I could sit in my ST seat (which was still available today) next to my old boy, who got the cup top up. Had to pay an extra £1.50 for the privilage but that's a different arguement !

When I bought my seat, my section in the West Lower and all other sections with the exception of the end 2 section at both sides, were showing as limited seats.

Folk PATG - ing in larger groups, may find themseves at the far end of the stands if they want seats together.

Cocaine&Caviar
08-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Somewhat answered by the previous post, but what are the chances of finding 5 seats together once we get in there if already have seats in different areas of the West Lower, do people think?

Austinho
08-01-2010, 10:55 AM
A few of us near the border won't be going due to travel conditions. I can imagine that will be the case for a number of fans.

Big Frank
08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
The crowd will be around 9,500-10,500 imo.

Anything over 5,000 is a great payday for the jnr side.

Hibs7
08-01-2010, 11:08 AM
A few of us near the border won't be going due to travel conditions. I can imagine that will be the case for a number of fans.

Just drove up from Melrose this morning roads are not too bad.

CorrieHibs
08-01-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm going and taking my sisters to the game a nice xmas present. Took them to the St Johnstone CIS game so hoping we can do better than last time. If not they will not be getting back.

Dinkydoo
08-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Same.

Bit disappointed as I was going to go to this one (only been to two games this season) but I can't take the risk.

Baw187
08-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Same.

Bit disappointed as I was going to go to this one (only been to two games this season) but I can't take the risk.

My old boy has driven up and down to Moffat (where he lives) numerous times over the last 3 weeks with no issue. He made the Hun game, derby game, and is coming up for this game.

That's not too far from Dumfries, is it?

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 11:52 AM

I will hopefully be going on the train from Carlisle hopefully its running.

KeithTheHibby
08-01-2010, 12:02 PM
I will be there, taking my kids to the game...hopefully to witness a royal humping for the Medda!

ALF TUPPER
08-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I'll be there with my boy. :thumbsup:

We're taking a lad from work and his mate (both from Irvine) ......... they support "Irvine Vics" (Juniors). They hate the Medda and will be cheering on the Hibees. (They wouldnt be going with me otherwise).

As its pay at the gate too - i reckon for 12,000 - 13,000 at the game.

Am expecting a professional job from the Hibbys and a comfortable passage through to the next round.

If you can afford it, weather permitting, and have nothing else planned for the day - get yersel' down to Easter Road. Should be a great day. !

:notworthy:

Glory Glory

Rory89
08-01-2010, 01:17 PM
Clearly the crowd will be crap, Hibs fans complain about OF glorhunters but most Hibees need any excuse not to go to games. If we could bring hee haw fans to the last Scottish Cup game this time of year v Hearts, they won't be streaming in for Irvine Meadow.

Since I moved to Glasgow I've often encouraged new people I've met who like football to come along and watch Hibs, I won't be doing that this weekend.

Riordans Boots
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
We will be there - 3 of us and 2 friends :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
There was almost 12500 at Hibs - Caley in Mixu's first season. Anything less than that would be a disappointment seeing as Meadow are bringing around 2k through.

Wouldn't go with ticket sales either, 5 of us ST holders all will be PATG tomorrow.

Just hope its on, don't fancy another midweek game, running out of holidays for work. :D

Get tickets today then at £15 ... you will pay £20 PATG tomorrow :greengrin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Cocaine&Caviar
08-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Get tickets today then at £15 ... you will pay £20 PATG tomorrow :greengrin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/LatestTicketNews/0,,10290,00.html

Whats the case with Student tickets?

Meddaheroes1973
08-01-2010, 02:22 PM
Crowd gonna be in the region of 11 - 13k, of which 25% will be supporting the Medda. Will no doubt sound a lot more though.

Looking forward to visiting Easter Road again, this time with my local club. Me and most of my fellow supporters never, ever thought we would see a day like this and we know our team will do us proud. Not expecting to win but we'll give it our all and see what happens on the day, you just never know. That is the beauty of cup football and allowing entry for the Juniors has increased the interest in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup substantially.

joe breezy
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Crowd gonna be in the region of 11 - 13k, of which 25% will be supporting the Medda. Will no doubt sound a lot more though.

Looking forward to visiting Easter Road again, this time with my local club. Me and most of my fellow supporters never, ever thought we would see a day like this and we know our team will do us proud. Not expecting to win but we'll give it our all and see what happens on the day, you just never know. That is the beauty of cup football and allowing entry for the Juniors has increased the interest in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup substantially.

More like 8000 with 3000 Medda fans completely outsinging the Hibees

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 02:35 PM

Who were your Medda heros from 1973?

We could swap stories on the teams of 73:greengrin

KeithTheHibby
08-01-2010, 03:59 PM

Hope you all enjoy the day apart from the result obviously!

Meddaheroes1973
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Who were your Medda heros from 1973?

We could swap stories on the teams of 73:greengrin

1973 was the last time we won the Scottish Junior Cup. Have been close a couple of times since then without reaching the final, just not close enough for a club of our size and standing in the Junior game.

Follow the link to see a couple of goals from the final v Cambuslang Rangers at Hampden which went to 3 games.

http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=T1766

Have to make up for lost time this season..... Infact I think we should just do a Gretna and go all the way to the 'big' Scottish final!

Keith_M
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
1973 was the last time we won the Scottish Junior Cup. Have been close a couple of times since then without reaching the final, just not close enough for a club of our size and standing in the Junior game.

Follow the link to see a couple of goals from the final v Cambuslang Rangers at Hampden which went to 3 games.

http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=T1766

Have to make up for lost time this season..... Infact I think we should just do a Gretna and go all the way to the 'big' Scottish final!

You've been watching too many Ally McCoist films

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 06:53 PM
3.00 - 7,200.

3.15 - 9,685.

3.30 - 6,564

4.30 - 2,234

Keith_M
08-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I think we should reach 5 figures, but not much more. That'll still be quite a payday for Irvine Meadow.

Incidentally, how many do you think we'll get at the replay at Rugby Park? :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I think we should reach 5 figures, but not much more. That'll still be quite a payday for Irvine Meadow.

Incidentally, how many do you think we'll get at the replay at Rugby Park? :greengrin

Doubt it'll be in five figures. The tie caught the imagination, but a mild spell of weather would have seen 3,500 instead of 2,000 Meadow fans through. I reckon there could be as few as 7,000 Hibs fans, wheras we might have expected around 12 or 13 had it been less Baltic.

And yes, I will be there, but I'm a hardy sort.