PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Pete Thompson.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks like we have missed the boat again with this guy. He's gone back to Ireland on loan, after his successful time at Stockport.:wink:

brog
07-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Looks like we have missed the boat again with this guy. He's gone back to Ireland on loan, after his successful time at Stockport.:wink:

Aye the dynamic Stockport duo of Pistol Pete & Loose Cannon Gannon seem to have come to a ( temporary ) sticky end. Perhaps their reputations were blown up? ( Sorry! )

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Following on from the Bob Malcolm fiasco, serious questions have to be asked. Thankfully I still have Bobby Mann's phone number here: 07984562314, so get with the project Rodders.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Following on from the Bob Malcolm fiasco, serious questions have to be asked. Thankfully I still have Bobby Mann's phone number here: 07984562314, so get with the project Rodders.

Never mind Bobby Mann, where the hell is my bird? I have not heard a peep from her in over a fortnight. I'm going out my mind here with worry.

rainman
07-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Back in the days when it was fashionable to moan at the board :cool2: "Pistol Pete" was one of the many causes that our "tight fisted chairman" wouldn't reach into his pockets for.

In fact, one of the first "causes" went to the tune of "Petrie won't give Andy McLaren the money he's asking for. Blobby is paying his bus fairs to training whilst pleading with RP to loosen the purse strings."

Good old Blobby.

Or good old Petrie?

--------
07-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Pistol Pete - perhaps the greatest Hibs striker who never was.... :devil:

Pete, Bob Malcolm, Bobby Mann, and Andy McLaren. Managed by Canon Gannon. If only we'd signed them, and held on to Zibi and Gary Caldwell, we'd be playing a whole different league of football now.... :rolleyes:

Jonnyboy
07-01-2010, 10:15 PM

He could have been the new Mark Caughey too. Shame :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
07-01-2010, 11:05 PM

Jeez that is a blast from the past...........:wink:

number 27
08-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Back in the days when it was fashionable to moan at the board :cool2: "Pistol Pete" was one of the many causes that our "tight fisted chairman" wouldn't reach into his pockets for.

In fact, one of the first "causes" went to the tune of "Petrie won't give Andy McLaren the money he's asking for. Blobby is paying his bus fairs to training whilst pleading with RP to loosen the purse strings."

Good old Blobby.

Or good old Petrie?

Yes, I'm glad to see that argument is finished and Petrie won. It must be the unceasing flow of trophies and consistent Euro qualification that swung it I suppose.

Jonnyboy
08-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Jeez that is a blast from the past...........:wink:

Well that's where I live most of the time :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Never mind Bobby Mann, where the hell is my bird? I have not heard a peep from her in over a fortnight. I'm going out my mind here with worry.

Sorry, you can get her on Bobby Mann's number.

She said I wasn't Mann enough for her.

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-01-2010, 03:05 PM

IIRC our chairman at the time flew to the 1986 world cup to sign that guy at the N Ireland training camp. Apparently, the surname is pronouned like kahki, which was not far from the truth. Can also remember a cringe making photograph in the papers pre-season, under the spurious title of " Hibs New Famous Five"!!! Sure it had him, Billy Kirkwood, Stewart Beedie and two A.N.Others in it.