PDA

View Full Version : The Medda View

Baker9
07-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Just spoken with a proper Irvine Meadow fan. He confirmed they will bring around 2000 and there are 13 buses leaving Irvine at 11.30. They are slightly concerned about 'casual problems', though they have in their number some head cases of their own, including Psycho, their left back. I'm told he hates Morrocans.

McGinty and several others are paid £350 per week and he reckons we will be surprised by the quality. They stand to make £50,000 from the game and having lost their main sponsor recently it is a crucial lifeline for them. Rugby Park has been provisionally booked for the replay. :rolleyes:

Match fitness may be an issue as they have not played a competitive game since November, discounting the St. Mirren bounce game. They are training tonight at Murray Park courtesy of RFC. (On being told this, I was immediately informed that the team has 9 Catholics and two Protestants in it and is managed by Catholics. A number of Irvine locals will no longer go to games because of this.) :rolleyes:

My wish for him and The Medda is that they have a great day out, get some financial security for their club, and see a brilliant display of football without the need for a replay.

KerPlunk
07-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Just spoken with a proper Irvine Meadow fan. He confirmed they will bring around 2000 and there are 13 buses leaving Irvine at 11.30. They are slightly concerned about 'casual problems', though they have in their number some head cases of their own, including Psycho, their left back. I'm told he hates Morrocans.

McGinty and several others are paid £350 per week and he reckons we will be surprised by the quality. They stand to make £50,000 from the game and having lost their main sponsor recently it is a crucial lifeline for them. Rugby Park has been provisionally booked for the replay. :rolleyes:

Match fitness may be an issue as they have not played a competitive game since November, discounting the St. Mirren bounce game. They are training tonight at Murray Park courtesy of RFC. (On being told this, I was immediately informed that the team has 9 Catholics and two Protestants in it and is managed by Catholics. A number of Irvine locals will no longer go to games because of this.) :rolleyes:

My wish for him and The Medda is that they have a great day out, get some financial security for their club, and see a brilliant display of football without the need for a replay.

So the dinosaur is not extinct in Errshurr after all ?? :confused:

Cabbage East
07-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Replay :greengrin

bawheid
07-01-2010, 05:26 PM
they have in their number some head cases of their own, including Psycho, their left back. I'm told he hates Morrocans.

Do you think we can convince him Zemmama's a Leither? :greengrin

--------
07-01-2010, 05:47 PM

You missed out a wee bit there - "and Hibs go through comfortably." :devil:

I suspect that the South Stand will be well filled by the away support.

Come on Hibees - gerrintaethum!

Golden Bear
07-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Pathetic that this was even mentioned in the course of conversation

--------
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Well, when the draw was made, quite a number of posters on this forum jumped to the conclusion that we would be playing some sort of cloned Junior version of the Huns...

Maybe the guy was just heading off uninformed criticism before it started?

lapsedhibee
07-01-2010, 06:06 PM
the team has 9 Catholics and two Protestants in it
Here's hoping they wear different socks or suchlike, so that during the match we can properly identify which is which.

Cabbage East
07-01-2010, 06:13 PM

A familiar topic of conversation in Ayrshire.

HIBERNIAN 1875
07-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Have Irvine Meadow been given the whole South Stand or just half?

HibeeMcGinn1
07-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Have Irvine Meadow been given the whole South Stand or just half?

ive been told they have sold the bottom tier?

HIBERNIAN 1875
07-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Not bad if true, hopefully there will be a decent atmosphere at the game. :agree:

H18sry
07-01-2010, 07:13 PM

Why give them the whole bottom tier when all other clubs get given half and half top and bottom tiers. [Except yams and infirm].

Seems strange :cool2:

HibeeMcGinn1
07-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Why give them the whole bottom tier when all other clubs get given half and half top and bottom tiers. [Except yams and infirm].

aye actually good shout. possibly sold half of each then

Capt Mainwaring
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Because it's easier and cheaper to Steward, and Hibs won't require any overflow seating in there.

brog
07-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I think they have whole stand & there will be a cash gate on the day apparently.

mim
07-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Once heavily involved and still a big fan of the Junior game, I'm thinking of paying in to the South Stand on Saturday.

I reckon the away end will be the place to be for banter, atmosphere and general enjoyment.

I will, of course, not wear the colours, if I do decide to do that.

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Once heavily involved and still a big fan of the Junior game, I'm thinking of paying in to the South Stand on Saturday.

I reckon the away end will be the place to be for banter, atmosphere and general enjoyment.

Funny, a couple of us were thinking along the same lines.

mim
07-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Funny, a couple of us were thinking along the same lines.

Ah, great minds and all that. :wink:

Let me know if you decide to go for it and maybe I can arrange to meet up with you. :wink:

CB_NO3
07-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Sounds great :yawn:

sambajustice
07-01-2010, 08:31 PM

I know! :confused:

Its brilliant really, i had cracking time in the south stand the last 2 games. why anyone would want to sit in the home end beside all the rest of their own teams fans is beyond me!

:cool2:

CB_NO3
07-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Its brilliant really, i had cracking time in the south stand the last 2 games. why anyone would want to sit in the home end beside all the rest of their own teams fans is beyond me!

The banter will be that good I can predict the songs already. What a shi**y home support. SPL your having a laugh. Apart from that the sexy west coast Scottish accent does it for me. I think we should all go in the South stand, it sounds fun :wink:

Sir Mixulot
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM

I dont they can rot in hell- discounting the fans that are not affected by the manager 'situation' they deserve **** all if that comment reflects a the majority fanbase opinions (fair enough if it one man and his dog so to speak).
There will be countless other local teams that deserve this tie more than them.

James.
07-01-2010, 08:57 PM
[/B]

I dont they can rot in hell- discounting the fans that are not affected by the manager 'situation' they deserve **** all if that comment reflects a the majority fanbase opinions (fair enough if it one man and his dog so to speak).

Do you seriously think that that this is true? I wonder how on earth there are over 20 bus loads of supporters travelling through to the game then if everyone in Irvine is a small minded bigot?? :rolleyes:

(((Fergus)))
07-01-2010, 09:13 PM

The banter will be that good I can predict the songs already. What a shi**y home support. SPL your having a laugh. Apart from that the sexy west coast Scottish accent does it for me. I think we should all go in the South stand, it sounds fun :wink:

Might be nice to get a break from all the moaning faced bassas.

CB_NO3
07-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Might be nice to get a break from all the moaning faced bassas.
You should have sat in the Hearts end last week then.

mim
07-01-2010, 09:28 PM

I think you guys are badly missing the point, probably because you don't know a hell of a lot about the Juniors.....and why should you?

There is no comparison between thinking of watching the game with the Medda fans and the probably 100s of supporters of other Junior clubs that will be there and sitting with Huns or Jamboids - they are our rivals.

This is a very special, historic occasion and you simply won't 'get it' in the Hibs parts of the ground.

If it turns out to be a goalfest, you might get a bit of atmosphere, but I guarantee that there will be a great atmosphere in the away end, regardless of the score. :agree:

scoopyboy
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Its an SPL rule that you can't have home fans sitting above away fans or vice versa.

SPL do not run the Scottish Cup.

The other three sides of the ground will be enough for the Hibs fans I would imagine.

CB_NO3
07-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I think you guys are badly missing the point, probably because you don't know a hell of a lot about the Juniors.....and why should you?

There is no comparison between thinking of watching the game with the Medda fans and the probably 100s of supporters of other Junior clubs that will be there and sitting with Huns or Jamboids - they are our rivals.

This is a very special, historic occasion and you simply won't 'get it' in the Hibs parts of the ground.

If it turns out to be a goalfest, you might get a bit of atmosphere, but I guarantee that there will be a great atmosphere in the away end, regardless of the score. :agree:
I just dont see the point in going in the other end. The atmosphere will be predictable, the songs I already mentioned will get sung the whole game. Plus why sit beside dafties that probs dont even go to football games in the first place, but they just jump on the bandwagon because the team from their town is playing against an SPL team. Its like Hibs playing Man Utd in a European tie, and a few Man Utd fans saying, ill go in the Hibs end, its a great historic occasion for them playing Man Utd in a European tie.

jackieboy
07-01-2010, 09:42 PM
We have sold out the bottom tier of the stand. The top tier is pay at the gate, we have 15 buses from the supporters club and another 14 buses from all around.

ScottB
07-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Its an SPL rule that you can't have home fans sitting above away fans or vice versa.

The other three sides of the ground will be enough for the Hibs fans I would imagine.

Are you sure? I distinctly remember watching us play Gretna in the league from the upper tier of the South...

Meddaheroes1973
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
[/B]

Don't believe everything you read! I can safely say that I know of no Medda fans who chucked it because of the religion of our manager or players. We really don't go in for all that. We care about our team and have enjoyed the successes that have came our way over the last few seasons.

Who are the countless other local teams that deserve this tie more???
Have we not got to the 4th Round on merit???

I'm_cabbaged
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
We have sold out the bottom tier of the stand. The top tier is pay at the gate, we have 15 buses from the supporters club and another 14 buses from all around.

:thumbsup:

Enjoy your day oot, not too much mind, but enjoy it all the same. :agree:

scoopyboy
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Are you sure? I distinctly remember watching us play Gretna in the league from the upper tier of the South...

Yes, I'm sure.

At that Gretna game the split would have been vertical, ie you wouldn't have been directly above their fans. Similar to say the Aberdeen game this season, many Hibs fans were in the South upper but none above the sheep.

Hibs On Tour
07-01-2010, 10:07 PM

And then they could stick their Protestant fans in one tier and their Catholic fans in the other. Keeps things nice and simple for everyone doesn't it? :greengrin [to go with the different coloured socks mentioned previously...]

O'Brien[11]
07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
seem to remember a few seasons back hibs at home to Dundee utd, think the score was 3-1 to us, killen scored, we had half the bottom tier, and the whole upper tier of the south, directly above utd fans? may have been before the semi, if you kept your tickets you were guaranteed a ticket for the semi against hearts maybe?:confused:

scoopyboy
07-01-2010, 10:29 PM
;2301055"]seem to remember a few seasons back hibs at home to Dundee utd, think the score was 3-1 to us, killen scored, we had half the bottom tier, and the whole upper tier of the south, directly above utd fans? may have been before the semi, if you kept your tickets you were guaranteed a ticket for the semi against hearts maybe?:confused:

That was possibly before the rule came into place.

Think about it, name a ground where any home fans sit above us.

Or name a game at ER where we have sat directly above visitors.

Fantic
07-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Happened a few times in the broomloan stand years ago with the huns in the top tier. Cups of piss etc raining down from above.

I can understand why it wouldnt be allowed nowadays.

ArabHibee
07-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Castle Greyskull.

Jumbo
07-01-2010, 11:13 PM

Airdrie in the Play off game 97 :smug:

BS44
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Hibs v Hearts 0-0 Mixu missed a last minute penalty. :smug:

West Stand was getting rebuilt.

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Hibs v Hearts 0-0 Mixu missed a last minute penalty. :smug:

West Stand was getting rebuilt.

In the last few years mate.

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Happened a few times in the broomloan stand years ago with the huns in the top tier. Cups of piss etc raining down from above.

I can understand why it wouldnt be allowed nowadays.

That was one of the main reasons the rule was brought in.

scoopyboy
08-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Castle Greyskull.

And when exactly was the last time that happened then?

libernian
08-01-2010, 12:38 AM

:agree: i also want to sit in the away end (but probs wont coz i'd like to watch em) and to be honest i wouldnt be bothered if we got beat. would be class if they scored at some point n hibs win after that. really looking forward to this game!

Cool_Hand_Luke
08-01-2010, 12:42 AM
:agree: i also want to sit in the away end (but probs wont coz i'd like to watch em) and to be honest i wouldnt be bothered if we got beat. would be class if they scored at some point n hibs win after that. really looking forward to this game!

:confused:

whiskyhibby
08-01-2010, 08:45 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

jakedance
08-01-2010, 09:02 AM

You wouldn't be bothered if Hibs got beat? In the Scottish Cup? By a Junior Team?

lapsedhibee
08-01-2010, 09:17 AM
:agree: I also want to sit in the away end (but probs wont coz i'd like to watch em) and to be honest i wouldnt be bothered if we got beat. Would be class if they scored at some point n hibs win after that. Really looking forward to this game!

ltimf

Dr Jimmy
08-01-2010, 10:24 AM

:confused:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 10:52 AM
As a keen Junior follower myself, anyone who goes to wathc the Juniors is that Senior club rivalry is instantly forgotten. Sometimes, a club will have a majority of one side and this CAN spill over and they adopt a "hun" or "tim" (see WHitburn fans when they played Johnstone Burgh in the final in 2000). Arniston Rangers, St Rochs and Harthill have a bit of form for this.

However that is only found among the big games sight seeing brigade, indeed most real junior fans have a bit of a disdain for Senior football full stop.

Having said that, I hope Hibs hammer Medda. they are a sugar dadd'ys club and are not really a junior club in spirit - similar to Kilwinning Rangers in the 1990's in that respect. Junior follwoers will know what I mean here.

Part/Time Supporter
08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
As a keen Junior follower myself, anyone who goes to wathc the Juniors is that Senior club rivalry is instantly forgotten. Sometimes, a club will have a majority of one side and this CAN spill over and they adopt a "hun" or "tim" (see WHitburn fans when they played Johnstone Burgh in the final in 2000). Arniston Rangers, St Rochs and Harthill have a bit of form for this.

However that is only found among the big games sight seeing brigade, indeed most real junior fans have a bit of a disdain for Senior football full stop.

Having said that, I hope Hibs hammer Medda. they are a sugar dadd'ys club and are not really a junior club in spirit - similar to Kilwinning Rangers in the 1990's in that respect. Junior follwoers will know what I mean here.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/more-scottish-football/irvine-meadow-s-mark-crilly-prepared-to-risk-wrath-of-former-team-mate-john-hughes-in-scottish-cup-tie-against-hibernian-1.996383

Herald is saying their main backer went bust last year, but they are still having to pay the wages for the players that were brought in when they had that backing.

Baw187
08-01-2010, 11:06 AM
I have never followed Junior football but my mate plays for Haddington and I am often surprised when speaking to him, about the following they get. He was showing me their message board on their website and it's much the same as here, with fewer members of course.

He was spewing about some abuse he was getting !! :greengrin

Meddaheroes1973
08-01-2010, 11:07 AM

Not really a Junior Club in spirit??? What a load of p15h!!!
Having been formed in 1897,we are one of the oldest and most successful Scottish Junior Football Clubs with other 70 trophy wins and the club still play a big part in the local community. Granted we have spent a few quid in the last 4 years or so but we will still be going strong long after the money has gone.

Brooster
08-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Having been formed in 1897,we are one of the oldest and most successful Scottish Junior Football Clubs with other 70 trophy wins and the club still play a big part in the local community. Granted we have spent a few quid in the last 4 years or so but we will still be going strong long after the money has gone.

Dont bite mate, he is our resident Celtic supporting pain in the neck.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 11:14 AM

Irvine Meadow, while always a relatively successful and decent Junior outfit have only found themselves where they are just now, due to having a rich sugar daddy.

Without that, Meadow would be the same as dozens of other clubs in the Juniors. If it was down to committee's, fan support and contributions etc then you'd go the same was as many other Junir clubs - have a good spell, fade away for years, have another good spell, fade away again. Without yer man pumping in cash, there was no sign your current good times would have happened.

just look at Maryhill, Bellshill, Dundee St Joesephs and The Buffs for clubs who had a sugar daddy who's cash/interest ran out. :agree:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 11:18 AM
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/more-scottish-football/irvine-meadow-s-mark-crilly-prepared-to-risk-wrath-of-former-team-mate-john-hughes-in-scottish-cup-tie-against-hibernian-1.996383

Herald is saying their main backer went bust last year, but they are still having to pay the wages for the players that were brought in when they had that backing.

Its not sustainable, even clubs like Pollok, Arthurlie, Glenafton,Auchinleck, Shotts, Linlithgow etc have curtailed there spending.

FFS Johnstone Burgh had a guy who earned £7,500 a year from them when they won the league in 2002. The clubs mentioned in my first paragraph are paying £30 to £70 a week to players, with the odd one on a £100, supplemented with signing on fees of a 2 to 3 grand. That is the future for Meadow - provivided they can maintain a large, hard working committee and teh current level of gates.

Baker9
08-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Here's hoping they wear different socks or suchlike, so that during the match we can properly identify which is which.

Just on the left foot would do it. :wink:

Rory89
08-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Hibs fans in the away end, me :confused:. I might just sit in the South Stand for every game from now on, I wouldn't be able to support my team and wouldn't be representing Hibs in terms of numbers, but "there'd be some pure cracking banter eh".

Mind you maybe I should on Saturday, born and spent the first few years of my life in Irvine. :no way:

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Hibs fans in the away end, me :confused:. I might just sit in the South Stand for every game from now on, I wouldn't be able to support my team and wouldn't be representing Hibs in terms of numbers, but "there'd be some pure cracking banter eh".

Mind you maybe I should on Saturday, born and spent the first few years of my life in Irvine. :no way:

Feel free to sit where you like.

Rory89
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Feel free to sit where you like.

Thank you so much, I feel liberated.

Diclonius
08-01-2010, 02:57 PM

Derek Wingate.

Arrested a few years ago for shouting sectarian abuse at the police after Rangers won the league.

Meddaheroes1973
08-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Derek Wingate.

Arrested a few years ago for shouting sectarian abuse at the police after Rangers won the league.

Derek Riordan.

Arrested many a time and banned from every nightclub in Edinburgh for being an obnoxious, arrogant little pr1ck, who canni handle his drink!

But at least he's not sectarian/ racist in any way, eh! (What did he sing about Skacel again)???

Don't see the point of your post Rawr.rar unless it's just to try imply that we're all bigots. Been through it all before, getting boring now, let it go.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Derek Riordan.

Arrested many a time and banned from every nightclub in Edinburgh for being an obnoxious, arrogant little pr1ck, who canni handle his drink!

But at least he's not sectarian/ racist in any way, eh! (What did he sing about Skacel again)???

Don't see the point of your post Rawr.rar unless it's just to try imply that we're all bigots. Been through it all before, getting boring now, let it go.

How many times has Riordan been arrested and how many convictions does he have?

He’s only been banned from nightclubs to publicise some scheme that the bouncers bosses set up.

Your boy sounds a lot more "obnoxious" to me. Riordan’s just been hard done to :wink: – you’re boy’s a bigot.

Hibs7
08-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Touche :wink:

Diclonius
08-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Derek Riordan.

Um, excuse me? Jumping to conclusions a bit? I am in no way implying that your team are bigots. Indeed, I have done plenty research on your club to disprove this assumption by many of our supporters. The results were positive. In fact if you post on your team's own forum you will find me as Carnoustie Hibs expressing exactly the same thing, and looking forward to the tie.

All I was doing in this case is, as said before, investigating more on the player mentioned which I thought would be of interest to me. I am not labeling your club, and I am in no way saying we are a team of angels - frankly, where that came from I have no idea.

I have actually bought a Hibs-Irvine scarf for the game such is my enthusiasm for the tie, and if that doesn't prove that I think you're all bigots, nothing will. So lay off.

Meddaheroes1973
08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Just didn't see any relevance into draggin up something which happened 5 years ago.

Take back what I said, no need of me to bring Riordan into it as I'm only going with press talk- the same as what you are going with about Dexi.

Anyway, let's all enjoy tomorrow!

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Just didn't see any relevance into draggin up something which happened 5 years ago.

Take back what I said, no need of me to bring Riordan into it as I'm only going with press talk- the same as what you are going with about Dexi.

Zouma will be giving him the runaround tomorrow:cool2:

cwilliamson85
08-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Is it just me seeing the Jrs going 0-1 early doors?

it is the Scottish cup mind.

Dashing Bob S
08-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you so much, I feel liberated.

Delighted to help.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Done. :aok:

I don't know why folk keep making reference to religion and getting on their high horse about it anyway.

I couldn't care less what your players have criminal records for either - unless any of them are of a similar nature to Graham Rix. :wink:

Green_one
08-01-2010, 08:00 PM
There are two possible embarrassing elements tomorrow

Firstly, they might get a result - unlikely

Secondly they might out sing us - almost certain

Still, at the end of the day its Irvine for a :slipper:

And Hibs :partyhibb

It's our year I tell you (insane cackling smilie)

greenlex
08-01-2010, 08:31 PM

Find this hard to believe Jack. Must be a really recent thing if it is true. Just because Rangers is in the name doesn't mean its a hun club mate.

fiolex1
08-01-2010, 09:11 PM

Utter crap, Arniston Rangers have no affiliation to the the Gers, they actually play in Maroon and the fan base was a mixture of Hibs,Hearts, Gers and Celts, the only thing that Arniston hated were that Nitten Mob

(((Fergus)))
08-01-2010, 09:29 PM

Incidentally, how did he get the name "Psycho"?

BS44
08-01-2010, 10:01 PM
In the last few years mate.

Sorry, S. I will read the whole thread next time.

How come you never picked up on Jumbo? :greengrin

Cabbage East
08-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Derek Wingate.

Thanks for the info, singled out the morn then :agree:

jpt11
08-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Not been to Ibrox for a while, but you used to have them above you and at either side, no? or was that before the SPL

Jim Herriot
09-01-2010, 01:39 AM

Stagecoach Super League you're having a laugh... :hahaha:

joe breezy
09-01-2010, 02:31 AM
Irvine Meadow, a poor man's Irvine Victoria

killiedow
09-01-2010, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=JackRegan;2301293]Irvine Meadow, while always a relatively successful and decent Junior outfit have only found themselves where they are just now, due to having a rich sugar daddy.

Without that, Meadow would be the same as dozens of other clubs in the Juniors. If it was down to committee's, fan support and contributions etc then you'd go the same was as many other Junir clubs - have a good spell, fade away for years, have another good spell, fade away again. Without yer man pumping in cash, there was no sign your current good times would have happened.

just look at Maryhill, Bellshill, Dundee St Joesephs and The Buffs for clubs who had a sugar daddy who's cash/interest ran out. :agree: And what are the OF? both sugar daddies clubs just on a bigger scale,also forgot a pair of parasitic leeches that have sucked money and talent from the scottish game for years,waken up jack!!.