PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray.

silverhibee
07-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Good to see Yogi saying in EEN that he is close to signing Ian Murray on an extended contract, would be great news for the player and the team, Yogi is desperate to keep a hold of IM at Hibs, so hopefully something will get sorted with the two parties soon.
IMO IM should be up there with the high earners at Hibs, think he deserves it for his performances since he came back to Hibs. C'mon Mr RP get it sorted.:thumbsup:

TrinityHibs
07-01-2010, 12:00 PM
He should be secured to see out his career with Hibs. Consistent and takes no nonsense. Playing at left back he covers a lot of Deek's defensive shortcomings. Currently my player of the year and should be captain.

I am not Ian Murray

Leith Green
07-01-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm still baffled at Yogi making Hogg captain, and not Murray.. Strange desicion!!

Golden Bear
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Good to see Yogi saying in EEN that he is close to signing Ian Murray on an extended contract, would be great news for the player and the team, Yogi is desperate to keep a hold of IM at Hibs, so hopefully something will get sorted with the two parties soon.
IMO IM should be up there with the high earners at Hibs, think he deserves it for his performances since he came back to Hibs. C'mon Mr RP get it sorted.:thumbsup:

:agree:

And so say all of us - I think.

LancsHibs
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Great News:thumbsup:

chorley_fm
07-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I'm still baffled at Yogi making Hogg captain, and not Murray.. Strange desicion!!

Maybe Murray didn't want it ?

Broken Gnome
07-01-2010, 12:22 PM

Maybe he didn't NEED to make Ian Murray captain?

aberhibsfc
07-01-2010, 12:37 PM

As far as I can tell both are model professionals.

I would personally have chosen Murray. But maybe the fact he was suspended at the start of the season Yogi opted for someone who was going to be in the 1st team at that time.

Also Yogi's make-up includes the mental aspects of the game in addtion to playing the right way. He may have went for Hogg as Capt giving him more responsibility get something out in his performance. In addition Hogg will be one of the longer serving Hibs 1st team players. Obviously there are youngsters who have been there as long or longer but don't have the 1st team experience. Riordan and Murray returned to the club after spells away.

Ach well, that's my thought's on it for what it might be worth, which isn't a lot.

MB62
07-01-2010, 12:43 PM

I would be surprised if Ian is not already one of the high earners at ER. The problem might just be how much higher we can go to accommodate what Ian is after.

Would be delighted if he signed a long term contract to keep him at the Hibees.

CorrieHibs
07-01-2010, 01:17 PM
He's the fans captain just doesn't have the armband. Best player this season.

Speedy
07-01-2010, 01:22 PM

Maybe he doesn't rate Hogg and wants him to leave like every other captain for the last x years

IWasThere2016
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM

:top marks

ahibby
07-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't know many left backs in the SPL to be honest so perhaps saying that I wouldn't swap him for any left back in the SPL carries little weight but never the less that is how I feel. I wouldn't take any left back in the SPL over IM. I don't mind that he isn't captain though as sometimes that added responsibility can detract from a players game, it did mine anyway. Get him signed!

davemcbain
07-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I am not Ian Murray

Spartacus?

GreenCastle
07-01-2010, 02:08 PM
If Yogi wants IM he will stay :agree:

The way I see things is that Yogi is great at managing to keep players within the budget and has the best relationship with the board compared to previous managers.

Long may it continue as we are still good developments :agree:

Billychaotic182
07-01-2010, 02:55 PM
If Yogi wants IM he will stay :agree:

The way I see things is that Yogi is great at managing to keep players within the budget and has the best relationship with the board compared to previous managers.

Long may it continue as we are still good developments :agree:

Now that is something no one was expecting

hibsdaft
07-01-2010, 02:58 PM
agree with all the above, but equally IM has to be realistic - he is a left back and one with no sell-on potential at that. i don't know what Stokes is on (or Deek) but if they are on wages markedly higher than the rest of the squad then there's some very good reasons for that: they both have massive sell-on potential; both were lured from big clubs and took massive pay cuts to do so; both play in pivotal positions on the pitch weighing in with stacks of goals; finally, both also have excellent marketability.

IM can only be brilliant for the dressing room i'd imagine, and he is excellent in his position, but that, imo, isn't quite enough to see him match the wages of Stokes and Deek.

Leith Green
07-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe he doesn't rate Hogg and wants him to leave like every other captain for the last x years

Haha, probably trying to raise his potential transfer fee .... Wouldnt surprise me

Dr Jimmy
07-01-2010, 03:15 PM
There are two things that tend to lift you and get you of your seat during a dull game.

1. A spark of brilliance.
2. A no nonsense solid fair tackle.

We are fortunate to have a few players that can provide the first one, but the second invariably comes from Ian Murray.

Top man and fingers crossed he signs!!

aberhibsfc
07-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Spartacus?

I was sorely tempted to throw Spartacus in there but refrained. It's always good to see it appearing.

heidtheba
07-01-2010, 03:25 PM

Actually I agreed with this opinion about Murray being best choice for captain but someone (sorry - can't remember which one!) suggested on here the other day that perhaps Yogi knows he is guaranteed a captains performance by Murray each time he plays and thought that the title might give confidence/extra motivation etc to Hogg, which I can see as being a plan worth putting into action.

Murray should still be paid like a captain and deserves a good deal.

Bob Box Fish
07-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Fantastic if we can keep him.

lyonhibs
07-01-2010, 06:41 PM
There are two things that tend to lift you and get you of your seat during a dull game.

1. A spark of brilliance.
2. A no nonsense break-the-*****er in 2 tackle. (Only applicable against Suso Santana, Mikey Stewart, Aiden McGeady or Lee McC*ntoch)

We are fortunate to have a few players that can provide the first one, but the second invariably comes from Ian Murray.

Top man and fingers crossed he signs!!

A wee modification there, which may reveal some underlying personal issues on my part!!! :greengrin

GGTTH

silverhibee
07-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I would be surprised if Ian is not already one of the high earners at ER. The problem might just be how much higher we can go to accommodate what Ian is after.

Would be delighted if he signed a long term contract to keep him at the Hibees.

I do not think IM is up there with the high earners, he took a massive wage cut to come back to Hibs, but now he thinks he should be earning around the same as the high paid earners at the club.
He more than deserves it imo.:agree:

IWasThere2016
08-01-2010, 06:04 AM
I do not think IM is up there with the high earners, he took a massive wage cut to come back to Hibs, but now he thinks he should be earning around the same as the high paid earners at the club.

That is spot on in all respects :agree:

J-C
08-01-2010, 11:20 AM

I think the way Yogi's been bigging him up in the papers etc he'll be offered the wage that the higher earners are getting.:greengrin

Owain_1987
08-01-2010, 12:08 PM

:yawn:

mjhibby
08-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Im a wee bit worried by yogis latest statement of saying while he desperately wants to keep him we have to be realistic.I think this is a case of brinkmanship by both sides and i hope both parties dont regret it and hibs lose a cracking player and murrays career goes down the tubes as happened before.Please guys let common sense prevail.I agree that yogi shouldnt break the bank but equally murray has proved his worth and some leeway should be given here.Petrie,hughes get it sorted.It reminds me of mcnamanas situation at celtic and i hope its not the same outcome.

el capitano
08-01-2010, 03:36 PM
arguably the best left back in the league, he should be offered the same level of pay as the new signings in the summer imo
if hes not offered it and we bring in a defender on high wages i wouldnt blame im if he rejected the offer

jiggerman
08-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Hibsdaft - I appreciate football is all about opinions, however, I am not sure I agree with you here.

Ian Murray SHOULD be as well paid as Stokes and Riordan. To suggest Ant and Deek play more 'pivotal' positions is wrong.

Murray plays LC and CH - Hibs success this season has been built on a solid backline - not because we have been scoring stacks of goals. Prior to the Rangers thumping we had the best defensive record in the country - and were a long way off the highest scoring.

Both Riordan and Stokes have the ability to score from nothing/one opportunity but are insignificant if the team behind them does not do their job - something Ian Murray can never be accused of.

Hughes knows its a team game - players like Ian Murray are what ensures we are better than the rest, not Stokes and Riordan.

Hibs should show Murray they appreciate his professionalism and dedication by rewarding him equally with our talented forward line.

I am not questioning the ability of our strikers (I think they are immense!) but too many times in the past people have got carried away because we have good strikers - but the team wins a game, every player who does his job should be rewarded equally.

J