PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Event (updated) In Memory Of Stevie Inglis

Leithenhibby
07-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd update with the news that we have Scott Wilson, who will front the show. :cool2:

Also after dinner speaker comedian Eric Davidson :cool2:

We also have Steve Ponton :cool2: (sings songs made famous by Michael Buble)

Former Hibernian players to attend :cool2: (details later)

Auction/ Raffle Items

Hilton Hotel 2 Nights B+B for 2 (gateshead)
4 ball St Andrews Bay
Signed Hibernian Top (all the big boys)
Signed Hearts Top (all the big boys)
2 Hospitality Tickets For Easter Road v Celtic (3rd april)
Signed Craig Gordon Top (Sunderland)
Signed Mixu Paatelainen boots (he could score goals)
12 Bottles Of Top Quality Wine
2 Ball St Andrews Bay
Stobo Castle for 2...
Massage Treatment x 4
Tickets For Tynecastle x 2
Champagne!

Just wanted to tell everyone that Toaods+ & I have organised a charity bash at Easter Road Stadium on the 27th February 2010 in memory of our dear friend, buddy, and pest. Stevie Inglis, toaosi – hibs.net.

Toaods has touched on this event briefly when he posted this quality journo piece.
http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1

The night will kick-off at 7-30 with a two course meal, after dinner speaker comedian (Eric Davidson), an auction, with some tasty stuff for him & her, plus other goodies – raffle and a good old boogie to finish off around one-ish!.

Tickets are £25.00 each and can be purchase by a simple PM, to my good self. Or e-mail gordonsmithdecor@hotmail.com All profits go to Marie Curie Cancer Care.

For those of you who didn’t know Stevie, he lost his fight with stomach cancer after lengthy treatment for around 18 months. Stevie passed away peacefully at the local hospice. He was only 48.

I am well aware that many of you have shown your support already, and for that, we are very grateful. Without people like you these sort of events would just not be possible. So if you can’t make the event and you would still like to lend a helping hand (please) you can give at my link http://www.justgiving.com/gordonsmith50.

Any small amount can go such a long, long way.

One final note – I was flabbergasted to hear the Nurses at Marie Curie Cancer Care were snowed in after a night shift. How did they cope, they did the day shift also, as the day staff were snowed out. This organisation does not come to a stand still because of adverse weather conditions. Everyone digs in. Team work. We can also make a difference, however small.

Gordon Smith

GGTTH.

3pm
07-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Good luck chaps. :agree: Hope you get a great turnout.

Sandy
07-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Bump oh and good luck by the way, can't manage due to location, but donated to a very worthy cause.

Leithenhibby
07-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Bump oh and good luck by the way, can't manage due to location, but donated to a very worthy cause.

Your a star Sandy. much appreciated and best wishes for 2010. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sticky. admin :greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Jesus god!! Just noticed this thread and im truly gutted!!

Met Toaosi quite a few times, notabley we sat together on the bus to Hampden in the replay defeat to Dunfy and sat on the way back also. what an absolute gentleman, a truly remarkable top top bloke.

Im seriously gutted right now,

R.I.P Mate :agree:

Leithenhibby
07-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Jesus god!! Just noticed this thread and im truly gutted!!

Met Toaosi quite a few times, notabley we sat together on the bus to Hampden in the replay defeat to Dunfy and sat on the way back also. what an absolute gentleman, a truly remarkable top top bloke.

Im seriously gutted right now,

R.I.P Mate :agree:

Andy you are spot-on mate, a guy that would do so much for so little in return. Nothing was a problem for this man, and a gentleman at that. Sorry for the bad news.

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Andy you are spot-on mate, a guy that would do so much for so little in return. Nothing was a problem for this man, and a gentleman at that. Sorry for the bad news.

Never a truer word said mate :agree:

The very 1st time i met Stevie i knew right away he was a decent bloke that would do anything for anyone, he took it all in his stride and never got flustered,he was that kinda person.

What hit me hard after reading this thread was i can still vaguely remember his comment on the way back from Hampden after our defeat to Dunfy, 'Andy, its hibs son,we will win that cup one day,and when we do it will be one mega party'.

I remember it, cause when Stevie spoke, you listened.

Leithenhibby
07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Never a truer word said mate :agree:

The very 1st time i met Stevie i knew right away he was a decent bloke that would do anything for anyone, he took it all in his stride and never got flustered,he was that kinda person.

What hit me hard after reading this thread was i can still vaguely remember his comment on the way back from Hampden after our defeat to Dunfy, 'Andy, its hibs son,we will win that cup one day,and when we do it will be one mega party'.

I remember it, cause when Stevie spoke, you listened.

Had the privilege of knowing this wonderful man for so many years and you are SO right in what you are saying.

The north edinburgh news did a wee article for my challenge, a good wee read me thinks. Page 5.

http://www.northedinburghnews.co.uk/assets/2009/dec/dec09.pdf

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Had the privilege of knowing this wonderful man for so many years and you are SO right in what you are saying.

The north edinburgh news did a wee article for my challenge, a good wee read me thinks. Page 5.

http://www.northedinburghnews.co.uk/assets/2009/dec/dec09.pdf

Top read mate :aok:

And a very worthwhile cause :agree: Good luck with that mate:agree:

Leithenhibby
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Top read mate :aok:

And a very worthwhile cause :agree: Good luck with that mate:agree:

cheers Buddy.
Got ma training for 2010 off to a wonderful start, pulled ma calf muscle highland dancing on hogmanay....:greengrin

Any physio tips would be helpful, got the deep heat and tubygrip :faf:

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 10:34 PM
cheers Buddy.
Got ma training for 2010 off to a wonderful start, pulled ma calf muscle highland dancing on hogmanay....:greengrin

Any physio tips would be helpful, got the deep heat and tubygrip :faf:

:bitchy::bitchy::greengrin

:hilarious

Wembley67
10-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Very very sad, personally I never met Stevie but having lost a family member to the same thing I can relate to this to a certain extent.

Best of luck :top marks

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Very very sad, personally I never met Stevie but having lost a family member to the same thing I can relate to this to a certain extent.

Best of luck :top marks

Cheers Wembley67, your donation is very much appreciated...:thumbsup:

Wembley67
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Cheers Wembley67, your donation is very much appreciated...:thumbsup:

I've stuck it up on my FB page as well so hopefully a few other donations may roll in :thumbsup: (I can see one has already)

Leithenhibby
10-01-2010, 02:20 PM
I've stuck it up on my FB page as well so hopefully a few other donations may roll in :thumbsup: (I can see one has already)

Your a star...:cool2:

Leithenhibby
14-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd update with the news that we have Scott Wilson, who will front the show. :cool2:

Also after dinner speaker comedian Eric Davidson :cool2:

We also have Steve Ponton :cool2: (sings songs made famous by Michael Buble)

Former Hibernian players to attend :cool2: (details later)

Auction / Raffle prizes as follows.

Auction Items

Hilton Hotel Weekend for 2 (gateshead)
4 ball St Andrews Bay
Signed Hibernian Top (all the big boys)
Signed Hearts Top (all the big boys)
2 Hospitality Tickets For Easter Road v Celtic (3rd april)
Signed Craig Gordon Top (Sunderland)
Signed Mixu Paatelainen boots (he could score goals)
12 Bottles Of Top Quality Wine

Many others to follow.

Just wanted to tell everyone that Toaods+ & I have organised a charity bash at Easter Road Stadium on the 27th February 2010 in memory of our dear friend, buddy, and pest. Stevie Inglis, toaosi – hibs.net.

Toaods has touched on this event briefly when he posted this quality journo piece.
http://www.hibs.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=810&Itemid=1

The night will kick-off at 7-30 with a two course meal, after dinner speaker comedian (Eric Davidson), an auction, with some tasty stuff for him & her, plus other goodies – raffle and a good old boogie to finish off around one-ish!.

Tickets are £25.00 each and can be purchase by a simple PM, to my good self. Or e-mail gordonsmithdecor@hotmail.com All profits go to Marie Curie Cancer Care.

For those of you who didn’t know Stevie, he lost his fight with stomach cancer after lengthy treatment for around 18 months. Stevie passed away peacefully at the local hospice. He was only 48.

I am well aware that many of you have shown your support already, and for that, we are very grateful. Without people like you these sort of events would just not be possible. So if you can’t make the event and you would still like to lend a helping hand (please) you can give at my link http://www.justgiving.com/gordonsmith50.

Any small amount can go such a long, long way.

One final note – I was flabbergasted to hear the Nurses at Marie Curie Cancer Care were snowed in after a night shift. How did they cope, they did the day shift also, as the day staff were snowed out. This organisation does not come to a stand still because of adverse weather conditions. Everyone digs in. Team work. We can also make a difference, however small.

Gordon Smith

GGTTH. :thumbsup: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
19-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd update with the news that we have some more goodies to announce...:thumbsup:

Also tickets are now availible £25.00 each. :cool2: gordonsmithdecor@hotmail.com or PM

2 Ball St Andrews Bay
Stobo Castle for 2...
Champagne!
More to follow.

Leithenhibby
22-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Guys.

Thought I'd update with the news that we have some more goodies to announce.

We have 4 massage treatments. (this is worth around £100.00)

And we also have 2 tickets for Tynecastle. (and this is priceless)

Leithenhibby
23-01-2010, 10:06 AM
I have now got confirmed details for the hotel prize. :cool2:

Two Nts b+b at
The Hilton Hotel (gateshead)

Leithenhibby
29-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Didn't say at the time, but all tops are framed :cool2: With the HIBERNIAN FC top looking the Mutt's Nut's :thumbsup:

Still Tickets Available :agree: So come on Guys & Girls, a fab night at ER is a waiting....

PM or gordonsmithdecor@hotmail.com

Leithenhibby
02-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm delighted to say that Dalmahoy Golf Club has stepped in with a 4 ball for The Event.

Get your tickets before it's too late..:cool2:

PM or gordonsmithdecor@hotmail.com

jakki
04-02-2010, 09:42 PM
I have a limited edition, (13 of 200) of the World Cup France '98 framed photo of the Scotland team before the opening game against Brazil that you can have for the raffle if you want it. A nice keepsake for a Scotland fan but only gathering dust here. It would have to be picked up here in Livingston.

Leithenhibby
05-02-2010, 09:10 AM
I have a limited edition, (13 of 200) of the World Cup France '98 framed photo of the Scotland team before the opening game against Brazil that you can have for the raffle if you want it. A nice keepsake for a Scotland fan but only gathering dust here. It would have to be picked up here in Livingston.

That is extremely generous of you Marydoll, and as you say it would most certainly be appreciated by a Scotland fan...:cool2:

I'll PM you later to make arrangements...:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
05-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Think ill head along to this charity bash, Its only fair as Stevie was a good man.

Toaods you will be going eh? you made any arrangements for the night?.

Toaods
05-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Think ill head along to this charity bash, Its only fair as Stevie was a good man.

Toaods you will be going eh? you made any arrangements for the night?.

I have a table booked. Want to mingle with the incrowd for the night? :wink:

If so, that will only leave 3 seats at the best table of the night...:greengrin

Speak to you tomorrow post match in the usual berth if you are heading in at F/T.:thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
05-02-2010, 09:17 PM

Speak to you tomorrow post match in the usual berth if you are heading in at F/T.:thumbsup:

Your no at my table though :greengrin

Anyone else fancy a seat?

At a night out which is now growing arms n' legs, so to speak. :cool2:

Promises to be a very successful evening.

SouthamptonHibs
05-02-2010, 10:58 PM

TOADS our table will be bouncing on the night, i think the other tables will be hard pushed to out do us.............."is it fancy dress?"

HibbyAndy r u joining us? Hopefuly we'll be celebrating a nice 3 or 4 goal win v St J aswell. Looking forward to the night it will be a cracker

Hail hail

Toaods
05-02-2010, 11:23 PM
i think the other tables will be hard pushed to out do us.............."is it fancy dress?"

ehhhhh....aye.:aok:

:fibber:

SouthamptonHibs
05-02-2010, 11:34 PM
ehhhhh....aye.:aok:

:fibber:

I dig out my green and white suit then mate for the journey north:thumbsup:

Toaods
05-02-2010, 11:41 PM
I dig out my green and white suit then mate for the journey north:thumbsup:

the green and white jester hat, hairy chest wig, correct score predicition written accross your ass cheeks and a drunken rendition at 10PM of 'Beautiful Sunday' will be more than enough. :cool2:

Leithenhibby
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
the green and white jester hat, hairy chest wig, correct score predicition written accross your ass cheeks and a drunken rendition at 10PM of 'Beautiful Sunday' will be more than enough. :cool2:

Worth the admission money on it's own I'd say..:greengrin

HibbyAndy
06-02-2010, 08:54 PM

:cool2:

Ill mingle mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
16-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Easter Road Event for Marie Curie

As many of you will already know an event in memory of a dear friend (Stevie Inglis) is being held at ER on 27th Feb for Marie Curie...

Ticket sales have been slower than expected and some (not many) are still available...:thumbsup:

If you want to have a good night with lots of auction / raffle prizes to be snapped up then do get in touch...It's for a cause that has touched everyone.

http://www.justgiving.com/gordonsmith50

We will have to wait and see, but just tonight I got a call saying that I may be getting a signed Sol Bamba top (Ivory Coast) for the auction...:pray:

Do get yourself along to a cracking night of entertainment..

Leithenhibby
20-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Just a quick update...

Looking like we also have a 3 ball (to be confirmed)

Also looking like we shall have hospitality at Tynecastle! for ANY game..:greengrin...all day directors box, the works....

Leithenhibby
22-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Just a quick update...

Looking like we also have a 3 ball (to be confirmed)

Also looking like we shall have hospitality at Tynecastle! for ANY game..:greengrin...all day directors box, the works....

I got that wrong, strange..:wink:

3 Ball Kilspindie...:thumbsup:

Tynecastle game v Rangers with the full works...:cool2:

Leithenhibby
27-02-2010, 09:48 AM
We have also got £100 in vouchers from Studio 45 :thumbsup:

ONE Prize.For the Ladies, me thinks :cool2:

http://studio45.org/default.aspx

Riordans Boots
27-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Have a great night and hope all goes well :thumbsup:

H18sry
28-02-2010, 04:00 PM
How was your night, I hope you raised loads for charity :thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
28-02-2010, 08:23 PM
How was your night, I hope you raised loads for charity :thumbsup:

It was a fantastic night :thumbsup: looked like everyone had a blast as the beer, wine and laughter were all in good supply.

Looking like we got FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS :top marks with one or two loose ends to tie up that figure will increase, but not by too much.
I shall post a final figure in the next few days.

So a HUGE thanks to everyone on the :hnet: who helped, Toaods+, admins and to all those who kindly made a donation. :thumbsup:

Back to training the morra..:cool2:

Toaods
28-02-2010, 08:33 PM
(edit) - I've taken a while keying this post due to Dancing On Ice (have to watch the routines for a casualty) so a quick rejig to add to Leithen's post....

65bd sure did have a lucky day....not content at enjoying his Hibs.net corporate hospitality day out he managed to scoop a raffle win with three bottles of red wine for ticket 110. So Billy...I'll be in touch for a handover ...:thumbsup:.

The food was great, the bar prices dandy.

The comedian was absolutely brilliant, reciting a Valdimir Romanov poem in the proverbial Russian accent with the end line being a confession that 'I'm a Hibby in disguise' :faf:.

The singer was very polished and a few of us took up his invitation to dancie as he sang.

The fund raising co-ordinator from Marie Curie read out some comments from patients, relatives and the staff on what the Hospice is all about and the effects of working there.

Very emotional listening to the positive comments given by a child.:boo hoo:

Ian Murray was there and had a wee chat, etc.... good lad.:cool2:

Scott Wilson done a terrific job on the mike and got the night off to a cracking start with a wee elimination game, where everbody put a fiver into an envelope and either put your hands on your bum(tails) or your head and when a coin was spun, if you had made the wrong call you were out. The winner, Billy MacLellan won £250 but brilliantly redonated it back into the fund....:top marks.

Southampton Hibs managed to secure the hospitality v Celtic, which will cost him even more as it wasn't a game he'd originally planned to come back up for.

5 of us ended up rounding the night off in the VIP area in Why Not and spent some time in the company of a Yam player, who shall remain nameless, as he was a good lad and bought the boys a drink...!!!

Riordans Boots
01-03-2010, 09:54 AM
That's great you all managed to raise £4000+ Dave :thumbsup:

Not so sure about the Yam Player bit at Why Not ... Why Bother :greengrin

Leithenhibby
01-03-2010, 06:02 PM
That's great you all managed to raise £4000+ Dave :thumbsup:

Not so sure about the Yam Player bit at Why Not ... Why Bother :greengrin

I told him to steer clear o'any tramps (nice guy by all accounts :cool2:) , but did he listen. Naw. :wink:

I'm typing away with a tear in me eye. (the left one :wink:)

But after some bits and pieces are tied up we will be nearer the FIVE THOUSAND POUND mark...:notworthy:....:top marks

SouthamptonHibs
01-03-2010, 09:23 PM
I told him to steer clear o'any tramps (nice guy by all accounts :cool2:) , but did he listen. Naw. :wink: I'm typing away with a tear in me eye. (the left one :wink:) But after some bits and pieces are tied up we will be nearer the FIVE THOUSAND POUND mark...:notworthy:....:top marks

well done to all for organising the event, great atmospher in the place, the comedian was tremendous, glad a decent amount of cash was raised. Im still hungover from sat? Hail hail toads u even got the 10pm rendition of beauthful sunday you requested.where we the noisest table on sa as toads predicted b4 the event?

Toaods
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
were we the noisest table on sat as toads predicted b4 the event?

no, I predicted you'd be the noisiest punter. I even had to ask the trendy-kilted DJ to turn the volume up as I couldn't hear the music...:faf:

Leithenhibby
01-03-2010, 10:01 PM
no, I predicted you'd be the noisiest punter. I even had to ask the trendy-kilted DJ to turn the volume up as I couldn't hear the music...:faf:

PMSL..:cool2:...Nothing but good feedback, just the way we like it...:thumbsup:

Can't wait till next year!!...:greengrin

Also thought the very fact that a Hibby got the HMFC signed framed jersey says that it was all about the cause. Well Done PA..

Leithenhibby
07-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Just wanted to post the news that the evening at Easter Road made ......

FIVE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED & NINE POUNDS....Yes, £5,109.00

:top marks

Once again, HUGE thanks to everyone who helped to raise this sum..:thumbsup:

MSK
07-03-2010, 02:24 PM
Just wanted to post the news that the evening at Easter Road made ......

FIVE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED & NINE POUNDS....Yes, £5,109.00

:top marks

Once again, HUGE thanks to everyone who helped to raise this sum..:thumbsup:Excellent stuff ..well done ...:top marks