PDA

View Full Version : Petrie Gets It Sorted

SvenNeil
07-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Was in BTG's on Sunday for a few beers when someone tripped and spilt chips beside me. My first thought was how those chips would be tread into the carpet given the number of people milling around. I glanced over to see a club official carefully pick up said chips in a napkin and deposit in the bin.

Yep, you know who that was - although he did have a look of slight panic at the thought of the deep cleaning bill - but I can't imagine many SPL club chairman mopping up after their supporters the way that Rodders did.

Petrie got it sorted - and I was there :wink:

I wonder what other odd jobs he does around the stadium to save a few quid?

hibs is life
07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
and what is ur point coz hes high up he would na pick chips up? its nature 2 pick stuff up:grr::grr::grr::grr:

FRes Hibbie
07-01-2010, 12:25 AM
and what is ur point coz hes high up he would na pick chips up? its nature 2 pick stuff up:grr::grr::grr::grr:

WOW. Now that's missing the joke if ever I've seen it. :wink:

Unless of course, I'm missing it even more! :greengrin

matty_f
07-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Was in BTG's on Sunday for a few beers when someone tripped and spilt chips beside me. My first thought was how those chips would be tread into the carpet given the number of people milling around. I glanced over to see a club official carefully pick up said chips in a napkin and deposit in the bin.

Yep, you know who that was - although he did have a look of slight panic at the thought of the deep cleaning bill - but I can't imagine many SPL club chairman mopping up after their supporters the way that Rodders did.

My street's been ploughed tonight. I think we all know who did it.:agree:

MyJo
07-01-2010, 12:29 AM

The look of slight panic was concern that someone would stand on them before he could pick them up still intact and get them "repackaged" with the rest of the discarded crisps and sold this week. :greengrin

MyJo
07-01-2010, 12:30 AM
My wife's been ploughed tonight. I think we all know who did it.:agree:

:dizzy:

FRes Hibbie
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
One of our pipes froze and burst while I was back home for xmas. I wasn't in the flat when it got fixed but i was told it was plumbers...Rodders must be such a modest guy.

matty_f
07-01-2010, 12:31 AM
:dizzy:

I wore a false moustache especially. So did she.:thumbsup:

MyJo
07-01-2010, 12:33 AM
I wore a false moustache especially. So did she.:thumbsup:

9 months later...................

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BeUIpiqY4gM/SKCHeIH1cII/AAAAAAAAAFI/7km9Mqx1p_g/s400/bonjour+stache+copy.jpg

matty_f
07-01-2010, 12:39 AM
9 months later...................

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BeUIpiqY4gM/SKCHeIH1cII/AAAAAAAAAFI/7km9Mqx1p_g/s400/bonjour+stache+copy.jpg

:faf:

johnrebus
07-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Why didn't the manky ******* not pick them up himself ?

Rod has got better things to do, like sort out world peace n' that.

:grr:

legends of 73
07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I've been ploughed tonight. I think we all know who did it.:agree:

fixed it for you:devil::devil::devil:

1875godsgift
07-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Yes. Squirrels do it all the time.

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM

Tee hee - your post is even funnier than the OP's (which was intended as humour!) Suggest you pop on to E Bay and see if you can purchase a sense of humour !!! :wink:

Anyway, back to the thread......my kids school was closed yesterday but has re-opened today thanks to the efforts of one man - the legendery Rod Petrie, a true colossus of a man. :agree:

Speedway
07-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Apparently a couple of weeks ago, Children all over the world mysteriously received presents that they had wished for. No-one's owning up.

I think we all know who did it.

Peevemor
07-01-2010, 09:37 AM
Apparently a couple of weeks ago, Children all over the world mysteriously received presents that they had wished for. No-one's owning up.

I think we all know who did it.

Santa (sell-on) Clause?

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I remember years ago there was a programme called Jim'll Fix It, must have been Rod in disguise!

RIP
07-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Am I the only one who finds the attempts at humour on Hibs.Net a bit tattie? It's not the first time I've seen Rod hoovering about in Behind The Goals. He does his best to preserve our tidy flair reputation.

Speedway
07-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Santa (sell-on) Clause?

:agree:

Always thought Tam McCourt was an Elf.

Golden Bear
07-01-2010, 10:51 AM

In it's own way - defo the funniest post of 2010 to date.

:greengrin

Baker9
07-01-2010, 11:44 AM

Far too much praise for him. Months have passed and he does nothing about Hibernian TV. Every single week supposedly John Hughes The Dugout. Not once have we seen the dug. :grr:

Mickey Edwards
07-01-2010, 11:46 AM
The look of slight panic was concern that someone would stand on them before he could pick them up still intact and get them "repackaged" with the rest of the discarded crisps and sold this week. :greengrin

..............or if he then gave them to Maka/Stacky/Flynny/Smithy could he have chipped the keeper ? :cool2:

.......or is that rubbish ? :offski:

Kojock
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one who finds the attempts at humour on Hibs.Net a bit tattie? It's not the first time I've seen Rod hoovering about in Behind The Goals. He does his best to preserve our tidy flair reputation.

And all this time I thought it was a Freddie Mercury tribute act that did the hoovering. Must say Rods got a nice pair of pins...............:dizzy:

Littlest Hobo
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
A big :thumbsup: for Rodders, a big :grr: to the person who dropped thum in the first place and a big :not worth to Matty Fairnie and My Jo for the brilliant attempt at humour! You should both think about a career in comedy.:wink::cool2:

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
WOW. Now that's missing the joke if ever I've seen it. :wink:

Unless of course, I'm missing it even more! :greengrin

I will say it, seeing as nobody else will. When the chips are down, Rod's your man.

MyJo
07-01-2010, 01:06 PM
A big :thumbsup: for Rodders, a big :grr: to the person who dropped thum in the first place and a big :not worth to Matty Fairnie and My Jo for the brilliant attempt at humour! You should both think about a career in comedy.:wink::cool2:

i work for the government.....does that count :dunno:

matty_f
07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
i work for the government.....does that count :dunno:

And I'm a complete banker.:agree:

wpj
07-01-2010, 01:30 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/07/jonathan-ross-quits-bbc

I think we all know who is lined up as a replacement :agree:

Dashing Bob S
07-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Caught in doing this in the toilets. Is that snow on your tache, Mr Petrie?

ancient hibee
07-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Any truth in the rumour he's off to save Portsmouth tonight?

HibbyDave
07-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Back to the Op theme....
On match days (as usual) Rod toured BTG. Doubt if many other SPL chairmen/execs would do the same week in/out.:agree:

Just hope he gets the shambles of the bar staff sorted ....how the **** can they run out of beer exactly 31 secs after opening? :grr: I noticed that the staff had pre-filled 8 x 4pint jugs of lager ready for sale but NO BEER.

The bar nearest our seats has three lager pumps and one beer pump but EVERY SINGLE Game the beer runs out and the delay while a barrell gets changed is ridiculous.

Rant over and well done Rod for taking time to listen to the fans.

Jones28
07-01-2010, 05:39 PM

J O K E:dummytit:

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I just got a delivery from the royal Balti in Penicuik and the driver knocked off the delivery charge as i ordered it at 5pm and it came at 18.18pm.

Thank you Rodders.

lyonhibs
07-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I thought my phone was broken this morning, but it's just suddenly come back to life.

Cheers Rodders.

Mixu62
07-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Give him a pair of boots and play him at sweeper....

I'll get me coat.

Mibbes Aye
07-01-2010, 07:51 PM
People moan about the snow and that, but little do they know that Al-Qaeda had arranged a horrific Christmas plot, spreading deadly poison up and down the country by pumping it out of specially-hired Luton vans.

The only way to counter it would be to freeze the toxin by ensuring sub-zero temperatures, thus nullifying its lethal effects.

Course folk just laugh when you tell them Rod can control the weather :rolleyes:

Hakim Sar
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
wish rod did the tannoy at ER

better than that muppet shouting ''moan hibs... get yir scarfs in the air!!!'' and ''this is the chorus... get yer scarf above yer heid''

rod could just come out and talk about the economy and offer money saving tips and 100 ways to make your savings triple

Hiber-nation
07-01-2010, 08:30 PM
wish rod did the tannoy at ER

better than that muppet shouting ''moan hibs... get yir scarfs in the air!!!'' and ''this is the chorus... get yer scarf above yer heid''

rod could just come out and talk about the economy and offer money saving tips and 100 ways to make your savings triple

Good idea....but looks like Rodders is offering advice already...

http://www.gocompare.com/gio-compario/

Seveno
07-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Rodders deserves his own tribute song. How about :

'The tache our Chairman wore '

Let's get it ready for the next visit of the Hun. :greengrin

son of haggart
07-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Rodders deserves his own tribute song. How about :

'The tache our Chairman wore '

Let's get it ready for the next visit of the Hun. :greengrin

Sure it's old and it's not beautiful
and last trimmed in '84
It can sniff out dropped chips* from five yards
It's the tache our chairman wore

alternatively *bigots * smelly huns

@haggart 2010

Disclaimer; I of course have no personal kowledge of either the words or the music to the aforementioned song and have never, ever (ahem) even hummed it let alone belted it out n my errant youth

Mixu62
07-01-2010, 11:08 PM
Mo', Mo' super Mo' surely!

The Green Goblin
07-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I went to bed last night with a bit of a chesty cough coming on, and sure enough, it was a bit of a rough night. However, at some point during the night, I felt a cool breeze on my forehead, a silhouette emerged in slow motion from a pure white light which filled the room, there was a sweet smell of flowers and incense and off in the distance, a heavenly choir of celestial voices hummed and sang. The light was too bright to see properly and even as I tried to rise from the bed, gentle chairmanly hands lowered me back and from beneath the well-known tache came the intonation of magical spells softly uttered.

In the morning, I felt much better. I think I know who to thank for my restored health.

GG

Silversand
08-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Mr Petrie served me a particularly nice pint of real ale in Thomsons bar on Morrison Street tonight.

Well done, sir!

:greengrin

Rasta_Hibs
08-01-2010, 09:18 AM
My street's been ploughed tonight. I think we all know who did it.:agree:

Brilliant! :greengrin

Peevemor
08-01-2010, 09:23 AM
I didn't have to scrape my windscreen this morning.

What a guy!

:notworthy:

matty_f
08-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Sure it's old and it's not beautiful
and last trimmed in '84
It can sniff out dropped chips* from five yards
It's the tache our chairman wore

alternatively *bigots * smelly huns

@haggart 2010

Disclaimer; I of course have no personal kowledge of either the words or the music to the aforementioned song and have never, ever (ahem) even hummed it let alone belted it out n my errant youth

:tee hee: Good effort:greengrin

GordonR
08-01-2010, 11:09 AM
'mon the Petrie threads banter. Always top kwality stuff. :thumbsup:

matty_f
08-01-2010, 11:21 AM
And on the very first day, Petrie said 'Let there be God', and there was.