PDA

View Full Version : Rangers v Celtic: Teams made up of players signed from Hibs

Mag7
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Just something to pass the time. Can it be done? I'm not including players who happen to have played for Hibs and one of the Old Firm, just players who were signed directly from Hibs. Here's my initial attempt (not 100% sure about Munro and Hamilton in the Rangers team, perhaps someone can confirm or reject?):

Rangers

Andy Goram
Steven Whittaker
Craig Paterson
Ian Murray
Iain Munro (?)
Kevin Thomson
Russell Latapy
????
Johnny Hamilton (?)
Kenny Miller
Colin Stein

Celtic

Ronnie Simpson/Alan Rough
Gary Caldwell
Pat Stanton
????
Pat McGinlay
Scott Brown
John Collins
Derek Riordan
Didier Agathe
Darren Jackson
Chris Killen

hibee_girl
06-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Laursen went to Celtic from us

Mag7
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Laursen went to Celtic from us

Good shout. That fills the Celtic XI.

jgl07
06-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Just something to pass the time. Can it be done? I'm not including players who happen to have played for Hibs and one of the Old Firm, just players who were signed directly from Hibs. Here's my initial attempt (not 100% sure about Munro and Hamilton in the Rangers team, perhaps someone can confirm or reject?):

Rangers

Andy Goram
Steven Whittaker
Craig Paterson
Ian Murray
Iain Munro (?)
Kevin Thomson
Russell Latapy
????
Johnny Hamilton (?)
Kenny Miller
Colin Stein

Celtic

Ronnie Simpson/Alan Rough
Gary Caldwell
Pat Stanton
????
Pat McGinlay
Scott Brown
John Collins
Derek Riordan
Didier Agathe
Darren Jackson
Chris Killen
Managers Jock Stein and Alex McLeish.

Alicky Ranks
06-01-2010, 09:56 PM
I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I'm sure there are a fair few. How about a Hibs team made up of players WE have signed directly from the Old Firm. Here goes:

Goalkeeper (????)
Alan Sneddon
John McNamee
Jackie McNamara
Dougie Bell
Mike Conroy
Pat McGinlay
Derek Riordan
Ally Scott
George McCluskey
Bertie Auld

Alicky Ranks
06-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Just crossed my mind that you could probably make up a whole Celtic team from the players they poached from Hibs way back in 1888!

PC Stamp
06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I can't think of any others off the top of my head but I'm sure there are a fair few. How about a Hibs team made up of players WE have signed directly from the Old Firm. Here goes:

Goalkeeper (????)
Alan Sneddon
John McNamee
Jackie McNamara
Dougie Bell
Mike Conroy
Pat McGinlay
Derek Riordan
Ally Scott
George McCluskey
Bertie Auld

Goalie from the early 60's called Willie Muirhead came from Arniston Rangers. He'll do! :greengrin

Alex B
07-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Goalie from the early 60's called Willie Muirhead came from Arniston Rangers. He'll do! :greengrin

The only goalie I can think of with recent connections to the Old Firm and Hibs is Gordon Marshall but I think he was coaching at Killie or Motherwell before he came to Hibs.

I'm sure there must be somebody from way back when who played in goal for Rangers or Celtic before coming to Easter Road?

Mag7
07-01-2010, 10:44 AM
The only goalie I can think of with recent connections to the Old Firm and Hibs is Gordon Marshall but I think he was coaching at Killie or Motherwell before he came to Hibs.

I'm sure there must be somebody from way back when who played in goal for Rangers or Celtic before coming to Easter Road?

Gordon Marshall senior played a few games in goal for Hibs in the 70s and also played for Celtic, but I can't recall if he went there after Hibs or the other way around.

--------
07-01-2010, 10:47 AM

Goalkeeper (????)
Alan Sneddon
John McNamee
Jackie McNamara
Dougie Bell
Mike Conroy
Pat McGinlay
Derek Riordan
Ally Scott
George McCluskey
Bertie Auld

Gonnae no dae that?

BBJ McNamee and Ally the Aberration of Nature in the same team?

BBJ would have swung for the misbegotten twonk.

You forgot Graham Fyfe - he was just as good a goalkeeper as he was an inside forward.

In fact he and his pal Ally should have been put in gaol and left there.

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-01-2010, 11:21 AM

Goalkeeper (????)
Alan Sneddon
John McNamee
Jackie McNamara
Dougie Bell
Mike Conroy
Pat McGinlay
Derek Riordan
Ally Scott
George McCluskey
Bertie Auld
We signed Beastie McCluskey from Leeds United.

Puddocky
07-01-2010, 11:31 AM
We signed Beastie McCluskey from Leeds United.

Let's have John Hughes instead then - signed direct from Celtc no?

Oscar T Grouch
07-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Just crossed my mind that you could probably make up a whole Celtic team from the players they poached from Hibs way back in 1888!

I think they took 9 of oor 1st team when they formed in 1888.

Isaac_Refvik
07-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Martin Henderson?

johncrobertson@
07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
In addition to John McNamee - Joe McBride Snr was a good signing from Celtic