PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Killen

Billychaotic182
06-01-2010, 07:48 PM
http://footballsfootball.com/WeknowSFA/killen-return-hibs/

Kaiser1962
06-01-2010, 07:52 PM

I liked Killen but he needs somewhere to lie down, i.e. a treatment table, too often to be worthwhile. If he comes will he be transported here in an Ambulance?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
"Injured" in the run up to Kiwis game against Brazil - yet played in that match.

I liked him as a player when he found form and was scoring for fun - lead the league IIRC before his final injury.

But now no thanks. Its not like he's gonna be any more committed or injury-free than he was previously in fact if anything worse (if thats possible).

One for the DJ if he ever plays against us "Not your stepping Stone" - Monkees/The Farm...

NOLA
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
is he not injured?

RickyS
06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
is he not injured?

probably, but I would take him on a pay-as-you-play type deal.
I know it would be hard to leave someone out but he is a 20 a season man, or he was when he was with us. and he would be free!

Dibben
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
I know it would be hard to leave someone out but he is a 20 a season man, or he was when he was with us. and he would be free!

If he was willing to sign on our terms (small basic and appearance money!) then he would be a good squad player. He wouldn't be first choice now, but would certainly suit certain games!!

Can't see it happening though!

BH.

hibbymark
06-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Agree 100%. Would hate to see him arrive over at the p.b.s

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Get him now, his value will soar if he has a good world cup.:wink:

KeithTheHibby
06-01-2010, 08:16 PM
We don't need him if you ask me.

MrSmith
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

Get him and any notion of the injury prone bassa out yer heids now!

No worth the sheets on the treatment table!

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM
No thank you.

hibbymark
06-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Although we have other priorities in other positions at the moment i still think a 20 goal a season striker who holds the ball up and is decent in the air and iirc had scored more goals than stokes at falkirk had before he got injured was available on a free??

Baader
06-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Too injury prone. And so only unsettles the side when is fit as inevitably he'd be out within weeks. Would only be of use as an option on a pay-as-you-play deal - so he'd cost us about £5k a season then!

Billychaotic182
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM
I would take him back. I know he has problems keeping fit but Chris Killen is a Different striker to the rest of them and could give us more attacking options

sadtom
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I'd take him back in a flash.
Arguably the best 'back to goal' forward we've seen at ER in recent times. The fact that he is injury prone means he may be only available 50/60% of the time still allows the option to 'rotate' the squad. The game nowadays is very much about the 'squad' so having Killen in and out would help keep things fresh by default.

Mister P
06-01-2010, 08:41 PM
woulod he be a better option (if fit) than Nish?

Mister P
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I would take him back. I know he has problems keeping fit but Chris Killen is a Different striker to the rest of them and could give us more attacking options

dont think its anything to do with giving us options. He can just finish!!!

but i know what you mean :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Has he ever played centre-half?

matty_f
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I have to say I'd take Killen back at Hibs, his scoring record here was great.:agree:

Toaods
06-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Would hate to see him arrive over at the p.b.s

Get him now, his value will soar if he has a good world cup.:wink:

:hmmm:..............HEARTS TO SIGN 2 WORLD CUP STARS

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
06-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Get him back I say, I was thinking he should come back to ER. We need a stronger target option than what Nish can provide. I would welcome him back for sure.

GloryGlory
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Get him back I say, I was thinking he should come back to ER. We need a stronger target option than what Nish can provide. I would welcome him back for sure.

So would I, but only on a pay-per-play basis!

Littlest Hobo
06-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Eh I think we need to get our priorities in order first naw?:grr:

We need a right back, a centre half and a quality midfield player before we can even think about another striker surely?:wink:

WindyMiller
06-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Agree 100%. Would hate to see him arrive over at the p.b.s

It fits right in with their signing policy though,another wage thief.

Hope he goes there.

MyJo
06-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I would take Killen back in a heartbeat........but only if he agreed to a pay-if-you-play deal

Leithenhibby
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Thanks, but NO thanks. I wouldn't want him back at ER in a million years...:cool2:

crewetollhibee
06-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Surely Nade showed on Sunday what a (good) hold-up player can bring a lot to a team. And yes, I'm with everyone else when it comes to deriding Nade's scoring record, but Killen has more ability than Nade and would score far more goals per game. So it's a definite yes from me if he is available.

SvenNeil
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
No thanks. He dissed us when he left for 'bigger and better things' so he can go find them elsewhere.

We have better and fitter strikers.

Billychaotic182
06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
No thanks. He dissed us when he left for 'bigger and better things' so he can go find them elsewhere.

When did he diss us?

Am not 100% sure but i think the only reason he never signed a new deal with us was that we were only giving him a years deal and he wanted a longer deal

put my hands up if am wrong tho

silverhibee
06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Can anyone tell me how many games Killen has started in the last four seasons in the SPL, bet it aint many.
It would be a no from me.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Can anyone tell me how many games Killen has started in the last four seasons in the SPL, bet it aint many.
It would be a no from me.

How many did Deek start in the season prior to us signing him?:devil::greengrin

IWasThere2016
06-01-2010, 10:54 PM
I'd take him back in a flash.
Arguably the best 'back to goal' forward we've seen at ER in recent times. The fact that he is injury prone means he may be only available 50/60% of the time still allows the option to 'rotate' the squad. The game nowadays is very much about the 'squad' so having Killen in and out would help keep things fresh by default.

:agree: Killen was class for us IMHO and I'd take him back. Better than Nish by a good way too

SvenNeil
06-01-2010, 10:57 PM
When did he diss us?

Am not 100% sure but i think the only reason he never signed a new deal with us was that we were only giving him a years deal and he wanted a longer deal

put my hands up if am wrong tho

IIRC he referred to the bigger and better things in TV interview on signing for Sellick - usual stuff when someone signs for the infirm - but was irritating as he'd just spent six months on the treatment table on hibs wages :grr:

Perhaps he didn't stictly diss us as such but it was his arrogance and pound signs in his eyes that annoyed me the most.

But I am easily annoyed :wink: :grr::grr::grr::wink:

Hainan Hibs
06-01-2010, 11:00 PM
IIRC he referred to the bigger and better things in TV interview on signing for Sellick - usual stuff when someone signs for the infirm - but was irritating as he'd just spent six months on the treatment table on hibs wages :grr:

Perhaps he didn't stictly diss us as such but it was his arrogance and pound signs in his eyes that annoyed me the most.

But I am easily annoyed :wink: :grr::grr::grr::wink:

I remember his billy big time attitude too. Complete prick in my eyes who I wouldn't want back.

I think we should concentrate on getting a RB and CB in, and start playing with a 442 formation so we have 2 strikers up front, not 1 up front with 2 somewhere on the wings.

silverhibee
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
How many did Deek start in the season prior to us signing him?:devil::greengrin

Probaly five starts,:greengrin, but probaly five more than mister injury prone Killen.:thumbsup:
Deek was fit to play but.:greengrin . Killen, well he was just injured all the time.

Barney McGrew
06-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Can anyone tell me how many games Killen has started in the last four seasons in the SPL, bet it aint many

Four league starts, and four in other competitions. 32 subs appearances.

And three goals.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Probaly five starts,:greengrin, but probaly five more than mister injury prone Killen.:thumbsup:
Deek was fit to play but.:greengrin . Killen, well he was just injured all the time.

:thumbsup: Would have Deek in the side any day of the week ahead of Killen.:agree:

Vini1875
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I think we need a seperate to discuss all the ex-players who are coming back or who people like or hate to see back.

FWIW no chance of this happening. Unless the thread should read "Greggs Killing the country with stodgy pies"

Wing Half
07-01-2010, 12:38 AM
pony

Hibs On Tour
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
:agree: Killen was class for us IMHO and I'd take him back. Better than Nish by a good way too

Agree with all that bar taking him back. We did the right thing by him when he got injured and got sod all back from him in return. Maybe I'm old-fashioned but there are right and wrong ways to do things...

cad
07-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Didnt like the way he left ,didnt like the time he spent in the treatment room ,but if Yogi wants him and it gos towards making Hibs a better and more successful team why not .
He could bang the goals in thats for sure , Stokes , Killen , Deek but if he were to come whos for the off

villager
07-01-2010, 02:44 AM
it took a while in his stay with us to convince me about killen, but he won me over with his contribution in a flimsy mowbray side after a while. just what we needed at the time.

i'd accept he is injury prone but if its poss to get him on a free, could a club have a better time to have him in the run up to the world cup finals? would be worth offering him a years deal to just to see the best of him between now and the end of the season.

he used us calculatingly, lets return the favour.......

Last Minute
07-01-2010, 06:04 AM
Didnt like the way he left ,didnt like the time he spent in the treatment room ,but if Yogi wants him and it gos towards making Hibs a better and more successful team why not .
He could bang the goals in thats for sure , Stokes , Killen , Deek but if he were to come whos for the off

Nish:wink:

Landells
07-01-2010, 06:09 AM
I'd take killen back but Ill be honest I cant see this happening.

hibiedude
07-01-2010, 06:23 AM
I was a great fan of Killen when he was at Hibs but he is injury prone and his time at Celtic has been wasted.

There are better players out there for us to chase.

brydekirk
07-01-2010, 08:00 AM
according to the papers strachen wants him at middlesburgh. what a cheek, he never played him at septic.

Andy74
07-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Killen is class. We have a few strikers but not one that can really battle and attack headers.

He's never fit though but if he is given a deal with that in mind I'd take him in a second.

khib70
07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Nish:wink:
Please, God!

Anyone who seriously thinks the Mussie Mule is a better option than Killen really needs to take a look at himself IMO. "Injury prone" - Jeez, a post-amputation Killen would contribute more to Hibs than Rhyming Slang.:soapbox:

The Voice Of Reason
07-01-2010, 08:25 AM

Eh ?!? What about Deek then (the guy in your avatar) :devil:

I would take Killen back on a pay as/if you play basis.

GreenPJ
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM
If this is a serious rumour and Killen does come back then Benji is the one that will go in Jan. Maybe a swap deal?

SquashedFrogg
07-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Did Deeks not do the same?

basehibby
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
I would certainly take Killen as he offers a physical presence up front which we just don't have at the moment - Nish might be just as big a guy but doesn't seem capable of bullying defenders in the same way as we enjoyed with the likes of Killen, Mixu or Brewster. He can finish too as he showed during his last spell at Hibs.

Someone would obviously have to go to make room for him - either Benji or Nish being the obvious candidates.

Loads of posters are saying he's burnt his bridges, but the same people were no doubt making the same sort of comments about Ian Murray - comments that were gladly put to bed on the back of some typically committed performances from Ian. A similar return from Killen along with a few goals would I'm sure be greeted with the same enthusiasm.

The only real worry IMO is whether Killen can be kept off the treatment table and on the pitch - from his two seasons at Hibs he was lucky if he spent one full season free of injury.

Captain Trips
07-01-2010, 09:19 AM
IMO we have problems at the back and some in midfield, we have good options upfront and if we are on a budget then the budget should be used on the defence and midfield.

Killen for me is more interested in money and now is interested in playing more due to WC, if he had any real ambitions he should have left Celtic a long time ago.

Is he better than Nish? Well yes so if he was to join I would like it to be as a replacement for him and on exact same wage. Killen will not be what pushes us on, defending with better midfield will.

Thecat23
07-01-2010, 09:23 AM
IMO we have problems at the back and some in midfield, we have good options upfront and if we are on a budget then the budget should be used on the defence and midfield.

Killen for me is more interested in money and now is interested in playing more due to WC, if he had any real ambitions he should have left Celtic a long time ago.

Is he better than Nish? Well yes so if he was to join I would like it to be as a replacement for him and on exact same wage. Killen will not be what pushes us on, defending with better midfield will.

:top marks Couldn't have put it better myself mate.

Cocaine&Caviar
07-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Isnt Kyle out of contract in the summer?

basehibby
07-01-2010, 10:50 AM

This is bang on the money - which doesn't necessarily rule out shuffling things up front - far from the first priority though :agree:

aberhibsfc
07-01-2010, 11:02 AM
according to the papers strachen wants him at middlesburgh. what a cheek, he never played him at septic.

He's reported to be after Barry Robson and Willo Fudd too. But saying that, who gives a s***!!

I can't imagine Hughes going after him, specially with Nish at the club.

However if there was any truth in us being interested in Kyle and him not coming, Killen would seem like a likely alternative. He is a bit of a ruthless git and injury prone, no denying that when he plays he knows how to put the ball in the net.

The question is would he be fit and committed, if so then he'd be a good addtion, but I am not sure that either would be a yes.

Captain Trips
07-01-2010, 11:16 AM
This is bang on the money - which doesn't necessarily rule out shuffling things up front - far from the first priority though :agree:

Indeed, I mean it would be good to have other options upfront and that would make us stonger up there but as you say its not a priority we are not weak up there.

Im actually concerned that we only get 1 season from Stokes and we are looking again in summer for a striker.

--------
07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Indeed, I mean it would be good to have other options upfront and that would make us stonger up there but as you say its not a priority we are not weak up there.

Im actually concerned that we only get 1 season from Stokes and we are looking again in summer for a striker.

Me too - but if we did bring in Killen we'd be likely to find that he's be looking for a move as soon as he'd started scoring goals for us again.

We're too small a club for Sick-Note. :rolleyes:

jae
07-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Sure I heard Craig Brown say something along the lines of Motherwell being in for a player that could possibly be going to the World cup :hmmm:

blackhibee
07-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Me too - but if we did bring in Killen we'd be likely to find that he's be looking for a move as soon as he'd started scoring goals for us again.

We're too small a club for Sick-Note. :rolleyes:

Yep, my thoughts too. That said, I really would never have had him back after the way he treated Hibs, but I was watching some excerpts on YouTube and it reminded me that he was, WHEN HE WAS FIT, a bloody good striker for us. He did make more of an impact at Hibs than he has ever made at Celtic. Don't really trust the guy, but he is a good striker and he'd definitely be a good asset to have, although how long he'd stay is another valid question.

3pm
07-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I wonder if his Ma could give us some info. Funny how she never appeared again after he left.

DirtyDeeds
07-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Whilst i can fully understand peoples reservations over any kind of talk regarding Killen, we just cannot be seen to turn down the potential acquisition of a proven SPL goalscorer.

I was as hacked off as anyone at the nature of his departure, essentially stealing 6 months of wages off us. But the guy probably didnt owe us all that much. We got him for either nothing or sweeties, banged in a load of goals when fit. He probably took 50k in 'stolen' wages for that last 6 months, bit of a p!sser but hey ho. Lord Deek of Riordan commited a more heinous crime id say, deliberately letting his contract run down, denying us hundreds of thousands of pounds, even millions when you think of offers we apparantly received from Germany and Russia for him. Didnt even make a token gesture to the youth fund from his no doubt sizeable signing on fee.

Dont get me wrong, im bloody delighted the wee mans back at the club, his 85 minutes of invisibility most weeks is counterbalanced by 5 minutes where hes on a different planet from everyone else at the club. My point is, he was welcomed back despite properly shafting us, whilst making sure everyone knew he was a born and bred Hibbie. Killen is no worse as he came for nowt, buggered off for nowt, had no prior attachments to the club.

If its remotely possible, get him back in. He's only got 6 months left at the filth. Get the contract cancelled through there, come to us for 6 months. I guarantee we'll see a dynamite striker, these are the biggest 6 months of his life with a World Cup place to play for. If its the difference between Europe and/or the holy grail, more than worth it. Then he can sod off again, hopefully leaving VERY VERY happy faces behind. No lose situation.

Dunbar Hibee
07-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Pffft **** him.

Gala Foxes
08-01-2010, 06:03 AM
Wouldn't take the injury prone poser back - flash in the pan few goals with us for part of a season doesn't merit it