PDA

View Full Version : Team for Saturday

matty_f
06-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Any thoughts on preferences for the team on Saturday?

I'd like to see us change things a little :

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

I reckon that side has a good balance to it, with Miller and McBride pulling the strings in the middle, Zouma and Galbraith providing the width to supply two of the most potent threats in the country.

We get a look at Hanlon in the CH role that Yogi's been touting him for, and get Murray and Wotherspoon bombing up and down either flank.

Hibernian Verse
06-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Don't know how realistic this is but I know a midfielder than plays for Hibs 17s but sometimes is on the bench for the 19s and he's assured me that Yogi's told him he's on the bench for the Irvine Meadow game.

I think he's having me on but he's not usually one to lie.

GlesgaeHibby
06-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Don't know how realistic this is but I know a midfielder than plays for Hibs 17s but sometimes is on the bench for the 19s and he's assured me that Yogi's told him he's on the bench for the Irvine Meadow game.

I think he's having me on but he's not usually one to lie.

No harm in having him on the bench. If we field a strong team and they are sitting 4 or 5 up with 20 mins to go it would do no harm to give him a run out, provided there are other strong options on the bench if it's not going our way.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 07:41 PM
No harm in having him on the bench. If we field a strong team and they are sitting 4 or 5 up with 20 mins to go it would do no harm to give him a run out, provided there are other strong options on the bench if it's not going our way.

:agree:

Some talented boys at the club, and if we're cruising at any point in the game then a run out would be a great experience for them.

col02
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Lot of hard games coming up this month so would like to rest one or two key players and give the fringe players a run out.

Gk. Smith
Rb. Wotherspoon
Cb. Hogg
Cb. Thicot
Lb. Hanlon
Rm. Byrne
Cm. Cregg
Cm. McBride
Lm. Galbraith
Cf. Benji
Cf. Nish

Should surely be enough there to see a non league team away.

Mikey
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd go with that team too Matty. They should be perfectly capable of giving us a buffer that allows some youngsters to come on with half an hour to go.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I'd go with that team too Matty. They should be perfectly capable of giving us a buffer that allows some youngsters to come on with half an hour to go.

:agree: I think it's important that we take the game seriously, and like you say there should be enough to give us the opportunity to play a few luxury subs, if all goes to plan.

hfc rd
06-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't know whether we should start a strong starting eleven or give our fringe players a start. I slightly think Yogi might give the fringe players a start because we have an important 'battle for third place' match against Dun Utd in a weeks time and he might not want any of his best players to pick up a knock or an injury. Our fringe players should be capable of getting the win against Irvine.

Hibernian Verse
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM

The guy goes to my school so I play with him every week and he's definately something special - better than anything I've come across in club football, but he's only 15 which is why I'd be reluctant to believe it although I know Yogi is an admirer.

millarco
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
The guy goes to my school so I play with him every week and he's definately something special - better than anything I've come across in club football, but he's only 15 which is why I'd be reluctant to believe it although I know Yogi is an admirer.

Might be different rules for the cup but going by league rules teams aren't allowed to play anyone under 16.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

I reckon that side has a good balance to it, with Miller and McBride pulling the strings in the middle, Zouma and Galbraith providing the width to supply two of the most potent threats in the country.

We get a look at Hanlon in the CH role that Yogi's been touting him for, and get Murray and Wotherspoon bombing up and down either flank.

Yip - that's identical to the team I was thinking. :greengrin

I hope he tries out the 442 soon. It might not tell him much in this game but it gives them a bit of practice before the Dundee United game and gives Hanlon a shot in at CH. Get Riordan up front instead of wasting him out on the left.

If Zemamma's still got a hamstring problem I'd leave him out altogether and play Wotherspoon at RB with maybe Benji or Byrne in RM? I assume McCormack will miss the next 3 matches no matter the competition?

Wotherspiniesta
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Isn't that too young to be fielded? :confused:

Hibernian Verse
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Might be different rules for the cup but going by league rules teams aren't allowed to play anyone under 16.

hmm. I'll say that to him.

jdships
06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
:agree: I think it's important that we take the game seriously, and like you say there should be enough to give us the opportunity to play a few luxury subs, if all goes to plan.

Spot on :top marks
Let's give Irvine Meadow some respect - they have earned the right to be at ER on Saturday

fife hfc
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

I would only make one change to the team and that would be to leave Zemmama out due to his hamstring why risk it, when we have important league games coming up. I would bring in Nish and move Riordan out wide (even though I want him in the middle) and put Galbraith down the right.

NOLA
06-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I think there's a danger in making wholesale changes to the team, players who have not played together as a team for any length of time will not know their strenghs/weaknesses, seeing as i think the game will be physical from the start, i would play as strong a team as possible, it is the Scottish Cup after all:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 09:37 PM
, i would play as strong a team as possible, it is the Scottish Cup after all:wink:

:agree: We should start respecting this competition, for too long we've not been interested in it and treated it as an inconvenience.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I think there's a danger in making wholesale changes to the team, players who have not played together as a team for any length of time will not know their strenghs/weaknesses, seeing as i think the game will be physical from the start, i would play as strong a team as possible, it is the Scottish Cup after all:wink:

Only 2 players different in my line up from the one that started v the Yams on Sunday.:greengrin

Lmc2105
06-01-2010, 10:19 PM
did moyles play for Livi in the cup?

if no .. maybe give the laddie a shot he is just back from livi

Sir David Gray
06-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I read something from Hughes earlier and he's saying that he intends to play the strongest team possible on Saturday.

With that in mind, I would go with;

Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Cregg
Zemmama (If not fit then Rankin)

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Flynn
Thicot
Stevenson
Rankin (If Zemmama isn't fit then Galbraith)
Nish

BEEJ
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
I read something from Hughes earlier and he's saying that he intends to play the strongest team possible on Saturday.
Saw that as well. Have to say there are a few reasons why I think it would be the wrong approach.

Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Flynn
Thicot
Stevenson
Nish
If that Hibs team doesn't win by a cricket score it will be deemed to have been a bad day at the office. Always a no win situation for the SPL team in these cases.

But I wonder what young Byrne, for example, would make of not even being listed in the side for a match at home against junior opposition? Potentially demotivating for him, perhaps?

matty_f
06-01-2010, 11:42 PM

Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Flynn
Thicot
Stevenson
Nish

There's enough there to see off Meadow, but if Zemmama's missing then that's possibly the least creative midfield we've seen since Mixu left.

Hainan Hibs
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd go for

Smith

Murray
Thicot
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Cregg
Zemmama

Stokes
Riordan

I would worry about Zemmama getting injured against a team like Irvine Meadows, but then I remember that he isn't exactly coming up against cultured footballers in the SPL every week either.

I'd respect Irvine Meadow, also respect the fact that it's Hibs and the Scottish Cup, and put out a strong side. However, I would like to see what Thicot is like at CB again after two assured performances against Hearts there.

silverhibee
06-01-2010, 11:59 PM

Smith

Murray
Hanlon
Hogg
Wotherspoon

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Stokes
Riordan

SUBS

Flynn
Thicot
Stevenson
Nish

That team would do for me FH, but i would like to see Wotherspoon in the right midfield as his deliveries in to the box are very good, something Deek and Stokes would thrive on.:thumbsup:

MyJo
07-01-2010, 12:16 AM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

oi you.....get your own opinions :grr: :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2297654&postcount=77

matty_f
07-01-2010, 12:24 AM
oi you.....get your own opinions :grr: :greengrin

http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2297654&postcount=77

Not guilty - I usually just ignore your posts.:greengrin

Good team, though.:thumbsup:

Petrie's Tache
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

That s my team for the rest of the season if possible to be honest Matty. I have wanted it for a while but with Injuries etc it hasn't been possible.

Also would like to see a few of last seasons uner 19's on the bench. Namingly Welch and Currie but I do no know if they are away yet. Also want young curtis to get a good run out bag, bag himself a few goals and a bit of confidence for upcoiming league games should we need him.

blackpoolhibs
07-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Anyone who's not 100% fit, should be rested, and the team should be made up from those who are. Whatever permutation of those players should be good enough.

Judas Iscariot
07-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Smith

Wotherspoon
Thicot
Hanlon
Murray

McBride
Miller
Cregg

Zemamma
Stokes
Riordan

Franck is God
07-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I hope he takes the opportunity to rest a few players that have played every week and bring in a few that have had to wait for a chance.

My team would be

Smith

McCormack---Thicot---Hanlon---Stevenson

Wotherspoon---McBride---Cregg---Galbraith

Nish---Benji

This team should be more than good enough to beat an amateur team and the likes of Hoggy, Murray, Miller, Zemmama, Deek & Stokes could be on the bench if needed and get a weeks rest.

Franck Stanton
07-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

Good team selection, good formation, talking sence, sure you aren't yogi posting his thoughts ?

:top marks

Franck Stanton
07-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Can't argue with that. Don't think this will be a stroll in the park game, we are on a hiding to nothing either way it goes, if we win say 6 or 7 nil - it's only to be expected, if it's a scrappy 1-0 win we will be slated and [ god forbid] we lose I dread to think of the consequenses, but hey, it's the scottish cup and believe me I take NOTHING for granted in this competition. Play a strong team, and IF we are sitting comfortably with 30min to go, then we can bring guys on for experience.

DirtyDeeds
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Whatever side ends up going out, i'd like to see Byrne and Galbraith starting, and Hanlon playing at centre half. Certainly no drastic changes, we're arent good enough to justify that!! Plus id give Deek a wee seat on the bench in case of emergency, Stokes too. Nish/Benji and Byrne up top? If he had another right-back (fairly sure McCormacks ban includes all competitions) id play Wotherspoon further up the park to protect Zemmama's hamstring. Get McBride in to get the match fitness up to speed, give Cregg a run out, he'll perhaps act as a minder for the young lads who the Meadow boys may target for some intimidation :wink:

Makalambay
07-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I hope he takes the opportunity to rest a few players that have played every week and bring in a few that have had to wait for a chance.

My team would be

Smith

McCormack---Thicot---Hanlon---Stevenson

Wotherspoon---McBride---Cregg---Galbraith

Nish---Benji

This team should be more than good enough to beat an amateur team and the likes of Hoggy, Murray, Miller, Zemmama, Deek & Stokes could be on the bench if needed and get a weeks rest.

I like this team, perfect timing for the regular lads to take a week off after tough games against gers and jambos, also gives the fringe players a run out and hopefully a conifence boost for the likes of Benji. Barely seen Stevenson and Thicot all season.

Scooter
07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Smith

Murray (rb)
thicot
hanlon
booth

wortherspoon
cregg
mcbride
Galbraith

Benji
stokes

subs
stack
nish
miller
zouma
deek

hibeeleicester
07-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Flyyn

Cregg
Thicot/Hanlon
Hogg
Murray

Zemmmama
Mcbride
Miller
Galbraith

Stokes
Byrne

Bench :

Smith
Mcready
Booth
Currie
Riordan

MSK
07-01-2010, 05:37 PM

Smith

Wotherspoon (RB)
Hogg (CH)
Hanlon (CH)
Murray (LB)

Zemmama (RM)
McBride(CM)
Miller (CM)
Galbraith (LM)

Stokes (CF)
Riordan (CF)

We get a look at Hanlon in the CH role that Yogi's been touting him for, and get Murray and Wotherspoon bombing up and down either flank.I like the look of that, delighted that Mcbride is back too ..that will gie the midfield much needed balance that has been missing in his absence ..:agree:

ancienthibby
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I like the look of that, delighted that Mcbride is back too ..that will gie the midfield much needed balance that has been missing in his absence ..:agree:

I like it too - but I just do not think that Zouma will be risked given his latest injury!!

And that just shows our weakness on the RHS!!

If you then move DavidW into RM who do you put in at RB??

I suspect that the midfield will be Gregg McBride Miller and Rankin.

Still good enough to get a good job done!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jones28
07-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Hanlon

Zemmama Miller Cregg Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Best team to play the mighty Irvine Meadow :thumbsup:

Baader
07-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Would like to see Galbraith get the whole 90 and push Deek up front. Agree that it may be the right time to move Hanlon in to the middle.

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-01-2010, 05:54 PM
smith

mccormack hogg murray hanlon

zemmama miller mcbride galbraith

riordan stokes

yekimevol
07-01-2010, 05:57 PM
smith
stevenson halon thicot hogg
galbraith, gregg welsh wotherspoon
benji byrne

rest the lads who have been below par as of late and lets have a look at the rest.