PDA

View Full Version : Kyle lafferty

Liam89
06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I hate the boy, i can't find a link to his tackle on hinkel but someone add one if you find one. He's such a dirty player.. words cant describe how much i hate him :grr:

hibeemikey21
06-01-2010, 06:54 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8443850.stm

:bitchy:

James70
06-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Now Uncle Walter is saying too much has been made of the challenge and is describing it as a forward's tackle. Unbelievable!

MSK
06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Thats the first time i have seen that tackle ..disgusting !!! :fuming:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 06:56 PM
He's a durty cheating Hun bassa.

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Now Uncle Walter is saying too much has been made of the challenge and is describing it as a forward's tackle. Unbelievable!
That was a shocking tackle and should have been a straight red. What with that and the disallowed goal Celtic were robbed. Wish they had won, we'd have been a bit closer to the infirm.

Sylar
06-01-2010, 07:00 PM
I thought he had just mistimed it when I first saw it.

Having saw that replay, I've changed my tune somewhat. Awful tackle, and the SPL should smash him for it.

Baader
06-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Shocker. Nothing other than a red card. Every time. Be interesting to see if he is given one for that...

steakbake
06-01-2010, 08:00 PM
A totally shocking tackle though I'm more shocked he got a yellow card for it. It should have been a red. If he wasn't in the blue jersey, he'd have been taking an early bath.

west_didsbury_hibee
06-01-2010, 08:01 PM
You could tell it was a shocker by Mogga's reaction in one of the replays.

hibsbollah
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
That was a shocking tackle and should have been a straight red. What with that and the disallowed goal Celtic were robbed. Wish they had won, we'd have been a bit closer to the infirm.

The way the laws are interpreted the goal was rightly disallowed IMO. Fortune impeded McGregor.

As for Lafferty, a truly awful tackle and what with his theatrics against the Sheep as well he must be becoming one of the SPLs most hated players...

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-01-2010, 08:19 PM
A yellow card for that is an absolute farce, cast your mind back to that Fletcher 'broon trout' challenge on Berra last year and it wasn't even in the same league as that tackle, shocking decision!

chorley_fm
06-01-2010, 08:27 PM

this /thread

IWasThere2016
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
He's thicker than keech!

And that shouldve been a straight red - horrible tackle!

hibbymark
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Thats the reason i switch the tele on to watch the old firm. I want to see them knocking 3 colours of sh** out each other! Injurys,suspensions and horrible horrible bassas like lafferty doing that to horrible horrible bassas like hinkel.:devil:

Derek Dougan
06-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself. Not even looking at the ball.

Crab apple
06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Agree, awful tackle. I also think that McCulloch is a really dirty player who seems to get away with persistent fouling.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Thats the reason i switch the tele on to watch the old firm. I want to see them knocking 3 colours of sh** out each other! Injurys,suspensions and horrible horrible bassas like lafferty doing that to horrible horrible bassas like hinkel.:devil:

Me too, although it was an old firm derby and the ref's account for that and referee accordingly. :grr:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Agree, awful tackle. I also think that McCulloch is a really dirty player who seems to get away with persistent fouling.

Another fraud :agree:

Like Lee Miller he doesnt jump for the ball, backs into defenders and makes out he's the innocent one, absolute tool.

MWHIBBIES
06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Shocking tackle sohlud have been straight red and 3 game ban.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Surely the sfa will have a look at this outrageous tackle and ban him accordingly? or is it cause he's a Hun he will get off?.

That tackle was way out of order. expected tho from a total Hun fud.

Brando7
06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Couldn't have put it better myself. Not even looking at the ball.

walked away after it with no offer of apology...disgrage if you ask me.

Would love SFA to hammer him but bet they wont

As for Smith defending the tackle..utter joke, lets see what he says next time someone goes into one of his player like that

I'm sure the tackle will be minded come 27th Feb when they meet up again :agree:

Prof. Shaggy
06-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Straight red, no question.

I doubt the SFA can/will do anything as the ref dealt with the foul at the time.

Woody1985
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Surely the sfa will have a look at this outrageous tackle and ban him accordingly? or is it cause he's a Hun he will get off?.

That tackle was way out of order. expected tho from a total Hun fud.

Call me cynical... If the ref gives him a yellow no further action can be taken because it was dealt with at the time....

Hibs Spain
06-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Thats the first time i have seen that tackle ..disgusting !!! :fuming:Was it worse than the assault on Mcgregor by Fortune? At the disallowed goal? But what the heck..Rangers didn't lose a player or a goal.:rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Call me cynical... If the ref gives him a yellow no further action can be taken because it was dealt with at the time....

Aye so it was. the Hun **** should have had a straight red, never dealt with.

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Was it worse than the assault on Mcgregor by Fortune? At the disallowed goal? But what the heck..Rangers didn't lose a player or a goal.:rolleyes:

Are you seriously for real?

matty_f
06-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Dinnae bite, Andy.:cool2:

Sergey
06-01-2010, 09:48 PM

:troll:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Dinnae bite, Andy.:cool2:

:troll:

:greengrin

Nae dange am a biting :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM

You're not being cynical - that's the fact. If the ref "deals" with it at the time it's done - even if he makes an arse of it.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Nae dange am a biting :cool2:

:thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
06-01-2010, 09:53 PM
:thumbsup:

Wonder if HibsPain will be back to 'back' his theory up :hmmm:
:devil:

Sir David Gray
06-01-2010, 10:33 PM
You're not being cynical - that's the fact. If the ref "deals" with it at the time it's done - even if he makes an arse of it.

:agree: The only time I have ever seen the authorities change a decision after the referee has "dealt" with it at the time was after the challenge by Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes a few years back.

The referee gave Thatcher a yellow card for the challenge but due to its severity, the FA then stepped in and charged him with serious foul play and banned him for 23 matches, 15 of which were suspended for two years.

There is absolutely no question that Kyle Lafferty deserved a straight red card for that challenge at the weekend but I cannot see the SFA getting involved after the referee gave him a booking at the time.

matty_f
06-01-2010, 10:42 PM
:agree: The only time I have ever seen the authorities change a decision after the referee has "dealt" with it at the time was after the challenge by Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes a few years back.

The referee gave Thatcher a yellow card for the challenge but due to its severity, the FA then stepped in and charged him with serious foul play and banned him for 23 matches, 15 of which were suspended for two years.

There is absolutely no question that Kyle Lafferty deserved a straight red card for that challenge at the weekend but I cannot see the SFA getting involved after the referee gave him a booking at the time.

:agree:

No further action will be taken against Lafferty, IMHO. If I were a Hun though, I'd be embarrassed to be associated with a player like Lafferty. Not only is he pish, but he's a cheat and a thug too.

Hibs Spain
06-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Are you seriously for real?What's up with you?The person with the Russian hat's on my case again! My point was simple.Huns get off with a goal against for no reason and the Huns have still got a player on the park that should have been off!!!! Complicated?

hibiedude
07-01-2010, 07:27 AM
I hate the boy, i can't find a link to his tackle on hinkel but someone add one if you find one. He's such a dirty player.. words cant describe how much i hate him :grr:

He's never a footballer in million years infact he makes Nade look good

JackRegan
07-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Not strictly true. McDonald ogt a retrospective red for a challenge on Lee Wilkeilast season, also the SFA's own regulations say that if the matter is brough to their attention from a source other than ther referee (make of that what you will) then action can be taken.

I notice the press, on thsi occasion, have been very silent on the matter.

But hey why should they interfere with giving Smith all the column inches and air time to put pressure on refs........Look at the slagging Conroy took for RIGHTLY sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock and look at how Smith, Dallas and teh rpess are backing him now for "honest" msitakes.

Funny how the "honest" mistakes in Old Firm games 9 times out of 10, favour Rangers.

--------
07-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Not strictly true. McDonald ogt a retrospective red for a challenge on Lee Wilkeilast season, also the SFA's own regulations say that if the matter is brough to their attention from a source other than ther referee (make of that what you will) then action can be taken.

I notice the press, on thsi occasion, have been very silent on the matter.

But hey why should they interfere with giving Smith all the column inches and air time to put pressure on refs........Look at the slagging Conroy took for RIGHTLY sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock and look at how Smith, Dallas and teh rpess are backing him now for "honest" msitakes.

Funny how the "honest" mistakes in Old Firm games 9 times out of 10, favour Rangers.

Not a lot of sympathy for you, Jack, considering how many 'honest mistakes' refs have made over the years in our matches against both sides of the OF - and I'm only talking about the games I've seen in person. Always seemed to be in favour of the OF.

That said, I've watched the disallowed 'goal' a few times now, and I'm struggling to see what Fortune did other than get way above McGregor to head the ball cleanly into the net. Maybe I'm just an old man remembering the days when the rules about challenges on goalkeepers were a wee bit more sensible than they are now, but IMO that's a good goal. Lawrie Reilly scored a few like that, I believe.

The tackle on Loovens is a shocker - you can see the flexion on Loovens' calf. It wouldn't have taken a lot more for the leg to have snapped. Red card the only appropriate action there, IMO. The SFA should be reviewing this.

Barney McGrew
07-01-2010, 12:20 PM

It's good to see that old Sellik paranoia is alive and well :agree:

Captain Trips
07-01-2010, 12:26 PM
IMO he sees not getting ball and in that instant changes his mind to follow through and hit Hinkel, a disgrace of a tackle from a disgrace of a player.

Here we have the cheat in full circle, he pretends hurt v Aberdeen and then dishes out that on Hinkel.

Another player who should get it tight next time we play them.

hibsbollah
07-01-2010, 12:56 PM

They are hardly unique in that respect, unfortunately...

New Corrie
07-01-2010, 01:03 PM
It was nearly as bad as the assault that Scott McDonald performed on one of our players at Parkhead last season. He only got a yellow as did Lafferty. As bad as each other. Both thugs going out to deliberatly injure opposing players.

JackRegan
07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Not a lot of sympathy for you, Jack, considering how many 'honest mistakes' refs have made over the years in our matches against both sides of the OF - and I'm only talking about the games I've seen in person. Always seemed to be in favour of the OF.

That said, I've watched the disallowed 'goal' a few times now, and I'm struggling to see what Fortune did other than get way above McGregor to head the ball cleanly into the net. Maybe I'm just an old man remembering the days when the rules about challenges on goalkeepers were a wee bit more sensible than they are now, but IMO that's a good goal. Lawrie Reilly scored a few like that, I believe.

The tackle on Loovens is a shocker - you can see the flexion on Loovens' calf. It wouldn't have taken a lot more for the leg to have snapped. Red card the only appropriate action there, IMO. The SFA should be reviewing this.

Doddie, In the normal run of things, especially at Celtic Park; Celtic do get decisions. However, when its nip and tuck between us in the league, Rangers get everything and decisions start to go the other way in otehr games.

When its us v Rangers, its a different story - they get everything.

JackRegan
07-01-2010, 04:20 PM
It was nearly as bad as the assault that Scott McDonald performed on one of our players at Parkhead last season. He only got a yellow as did Lafferty. As bad as each other. Both thugs going out to deliberatly injure opposing players.

Cg - I actually think that was the game McDonald got the retrospective Red Card for - Not Dundee united as I stated earlier.

My point is that, Rangers have manipulated the media here as the same Ref was the one HOUNDED for CORRECTLY sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock.

Its also 2 OF games in a row where Celtic have had to contend with shockingly bad decisions. Add this to the lack of booking for McCulloch over the piece and some howlers against other clubs (Rangers at Tynecastle, our no penalty v Dundee united in the 1-1 draw, the pens at Motherwell), then you do suspect that Smith has worked the media to put pressure on the refs.

Remember this is the same media who printed the name of the school where Collum worked after he awarded Celtic a soft free kick in 2008.

When the league was tight last year and the year before - any decision Celtic got it was "we need to look at referees etc etc " from Gordon Smith, George Peat and the Media. When it goes the other way its all "honest mistake" stuff.

The_Todd
07-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Sickening, and that's just looking at Lafferty's face in the paper this morning.

The tackle itself was nothing short of assult, instead of protecting the boy Wallie should be hammering for being so stupid - why go flying in like that in that part of the pitch? It's not even as if he was trying to clear any danger - leading me to believe he went flying in with intent, the ugly wee ned.

JackRegan
07-01-2010, 04:28 PM

Well you give me examples of bad decisions in Old Firm games where Celtic have benefitted???

For every one you cite - I'll list 3 that went in Rangers' favour.

New Corrie
07-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Cg - I actually think that was teh game McDonald got the retrospective Red Card for - Not Dundee united as I stated earlier.

My point is that, Rangers have manipulated the media here as the same Ref was the one HOUNDED for CORRECTLY sending off Mendes at Kilmarnock.

Its also 2 OF games in a row where Celtic have had to contend with shockingly bad decisions. Add thsi to the lack of booking for MCCulloch over the piece and some howlers against other clubs, then you do suspect that Smith has worked teh meidia to put pressure on the refs.

Remember this is the same media who printed the name of the school where Collum worked after he awarded Celtic a soft free kick in 2008.

When teh league was tight lats year and the year before - any decision Celtic got it was "we need to look at referees etc etc " from Gordon Smith, George Peat and the Media. When it goes the other way its all "honest mistake" stuff.

To be fair Jack, I reckon the OF don't get the same level of decisions that they used to, I reckon the tide has turned a bit. As for OF games, I watch all of them, and from my perspective, over a season, for every dubious Rangers decision, there will be a dubious Celtic decision.

EskbankHibby
07-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Should get the jail for a challenge like that.

Potentially a career ending injury narrowly avoided by Hinkel (sp) not being fully weight bearing, horrible 'tackle' not a forwards tackle Walter.

Captain Trips
07-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Well you give me examples of bad decisions in Old Firm games where Celtic have benefitted???

Ok the throw in that was Rangers in I think 1988 in SC final, Im not up to speed so cant think of many for both teams. But lets see your 3.

stu in nottingham
07-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I'm amazed that didn't result in a broken leg. That fact that Smith tries to defend that horrific tackle epitomises all that is wrong with the game today.

matty_f
07-01-2010, 04:38 PM
To be fair Jack, I reckon the OF don't get the same level of decisions that they used to, I reckon the tide has turned a bit. As for OF games, I watch all of them, and from my perspective, over a season, for every dubious Rangers decision, there will be a dubious Celtic decision.

Same here. 6 and half a dozen with the decisions, IMHO.

whereswallace?
07-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I'm amazed that didn't result in a broken leg. That fact that Smith tries to defend that horrific tackle epitomises all that is wrong with the game today.

:agree: Hinkel is lucky his weight is going backwards,if he'd been leaning forward his leg would have ended up like a nik nak.

As for Smith,it doesnt matter if its a defender,forward or f*****g waterboy thats made that challenge,its a straight red card.

bigwheel
07-01-2010, 04:43 PM
When the league was tight last year and the year before - any decision Celtic got it was "we need to look at referees etc etc " from Gordon Smith, George Peat and the Media. When it goes the other way its all "honest mistake" stuff.

What a load of over sensitive nonesense. Do you honestly believe there is an anti-celtic agenda in the SFA? Dream on .....The arrogance of any team to think that referees (or the SFA) have an agenda against them is beyond ration.....Sometimes good decisions are made, sometimes bad ones...that's fitba!

whereswallace?
07-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Cg - I actually think that was the game McDonald got the retrospective Red Card for - Not Dundee united as I stated earlier.

Its also 2 OF games in a row where Celtic have had to contend with shockingly bad decisions. Add this to the lack of booking for McCulloch over the piece and some howlers against other clubs (Rangers at Tynecastle, our no penalty v Dundee united in the 1-1 draw, the pens at Motherwell), then you do suspect that Smith has worked the media to put pressure on the refs.

Is that the same way Mowbray tried to manipulate refs through the media when he was greetin about that wee diving fairy Mcgeady getting a hard time from refs when he for goes down easier than the ugly bassa hearts fan attacked by casper?

poolman
07-01-2010, 04:54 PM

Have you been spending time with some Yam fans JR

Perhaps discussing which of the two teams everyone and their dug has the biggest agenda against :rolleyes:

lapsedhibee
07-01-2010, 05:03 PM

:tsk tsk: Yamath.

--------
07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Doddie, In the normal run of things, especially at Celtic Park; Celtic do get decisions. However, when its nip and tuck between us in the league, Rangers get everything and decisions start to go the other way in otehr games.

So you say, Jack. :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
07-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok the throw in that was Rangers in I think 1988 in SC final, Im not up to speed so cant think of many for both teams. But lets see your 3.

Keep up the good work mate, can't believe some of the stuff JR is saying there, glad you gave him one example for him to give 3 that will save me going through the decisions.

Captain Trips
07-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Keep up the good work mate, can't believe some of the stuff JR is saying there, glad you gave him one example for him to give 3 that will save me going through the decisions.

What do you think of Lafferty?, he proved last season he is a cheat and that tackle on Sunday was a red card IMO, what do you think of tackle and of him.

blueisthecolour
07-01-2010, 09:06 PM
What do you think of Lafferty?, he proved last season he is a cheat and that tackle on Sunday was a red card IMO, what do you think of tackle and of him.

really disappointed in him last season for what he did, he disgrased the club and himself, he then played against Dundee utd the last game of the season and played a blinder when all eyes where on him, he hasn't really had a real chance to show what he can do due to miller and boyd playing so well, and he is never a midfielder.

His tackle was a bad one should have been red card, it's not his fault the ref only gave a yellow. What I did notice is no celtic player went near him or the ref to complain, this might sound silly but did it not look as bad as what it was in the heat of the moment.

HibbyAndy
07-01-2010, 09:08 PM
really disappointed in him last season for what he did, he disgrased the club and himself, he then played against Dundee utd the last game of the season and played a blinder when all eyes where on him, he hasn't really had a real chance to show what he can do due to miller and boyd playing so well, and he is never a midfielder.

His tackle was a bad one should have been red card, it's not his fault the ref only gave a yellow. What I did notice is no celtic player went near him or the ref to complain, this might sound silly but did it not look as bad as what it was in the heat of the moment.

Fair enough for telling it how it was :agree:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 08:55 AM

Okay - if we want to start beack then...

April 1989 - just before that Final. Celtic score a goal, but is dissallowed for and a bye kick - yes a bye kick given. The ref said the ball swerved out of play, before swerveing back in and then over the line again into the net.

November 1990 - Terry Hurlock knee high challenge on Steve Fulton. No free kick given, Celtic players surround the ref, who tell teh players to back off, but he does not stop play, despite talking to the Celtic players!! Rangers then score. Celtic players think the game was stopped. Ref denies it.

March 1993 - Celtic go 1-0 up against Rangers. Ref encourages huns playyers to kick off 9 seconds!! after the ball hits the back of the net. The game is re started with 8 Celtic players still celebrating in the Rangers half.

As I said there's more, but you had to go back 20 years to find one.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Same here. 6 and half a dozen with the decisions, IMHO.

Okay, lets have some examples then if you are so sure.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 08:57 AM

Rather than us go over it here - send me a PM.

Steve20
08-01-2010, 09:12 AM

You talk some amount of nonsense. You get as many bad decisions as the Huns do in old firm games.

Teo10
08-01-2010, 09:15 AM

Rather than us go over it here - send me a PM.

Handbags oot!:agree:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 09:16 AM
What a load of over sensitive nonesense. Do you honestly believe there is an anti-celtic agenda in the SFA? Dream on .....The arrogance of any team to think that referees (or the SFA) have an agenda against them is beyond ration.....Sometimes good decisions are made, sometimes bad ones...that's fitba!

The same SFA who delibrately held up a Celtic player's registration?

The same SFA who were going to put their own flagship competition back to a mid week spot, to extend the league for Rangers?

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 09:18 AM
You talk some amount of nonsense. You get as many bad decisions as the Huns do in old firm games.

Okay - give me the hun ones. Thats all I ask.

You guys are impartial so it would be good for me to hear some from a Hibs fan.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 09:21 AM

I agree. But for me the pertinent point is this. Celtic fans have always wished for foreign refs to come in and do this game. There is a distinct lack of enthusiasm from teh other side of GLasgow and among the press.

matty_f
08-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Okay, lets have some examples then if you are so sure.

Okay - give me the hun ones. Thats all I ask.

You guys are impartial so it would be good for me to hear some from a Hibs fan.

That's the whole point - none of us give a ****** about it - we see you and your bedmates getting decisions all the time, so we don't even think about it one way or the other when it happens either way in an OF match.

In my opinion, from what I've seen of OF games, there isn't one side favoured over another. Giving it some thought, I suppose I have this view because the examples you've given are laughable. To still be going on about a bye-kick in 1989, someone not getting a free kick in '90 (where to be fair, your own players are at fault for not playing to the whistle - you learn that at schoolboy level), and for telling players who are ready to kick off to do so...

If that's the best you've got then your argument is shocking, IMHO.

bigwheel
08-01-2010, 01:32 PM
The same SFA who delibrately held up a Celtic player's registration?

The same SFA who were going to put their own flagship competition back to a mid week spot, to extend the league for Rangers?

Well those two examples have completely convinced me. There must indeed be a cunning plan to destroy Celtic through Administrive Decisions.... the devious SFA devils....... :yawn::yawn:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 01:58 PM
That's the whole point - none of us give a ****** about it - we see you and your bedmates getting decisions all the time, so we don't even think about it one way or the other when it happens either way in an OF match.

In my opinion, from what I've seen of OF games, there isn't one side favoured over another. Giving it some thought, I suppose I have this view because the examples you've given are laughable. To still be going on about a bye-kick in 1989, someone not getting a free kick in '90 (where to be fair, your own players are at fault for not playing to the whistle - you learn that at schoolboy level), and for telling players who are ready to kick off to do so...

I went to that era because that was the era given by the person who came up with an instance.

So you don't care, but you feel as if you can say its even stevens on decisions. Okay then.

If you want some more then I'm happy to do so....

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Well those two examples have completely convinced me. There must indeed be a cunning plan to destroy Celtic through Administrive Decisions.... the devious SFA devils....... :yawn::yawn:

Not as dramatic as that FFS. Hwoever - would they move teh Cup Final for another club? Imagine it was Hibs who wanted the League extended at Rangers expense???

Also, Celtic were 1 point behind Rangers in their 8 in a row season when Cadete's registration was delayed for 9 weeks. COincedence? Na, me neither.

matty_f
08-01-2010, 02:12 PM
I went to that era because that was the era given by the person who came up with an instance.

So you don't care, but you feel as if you can say its even stevens on decisions. Okay then.

If you want some more then I'm happy to do so....

I said it was in my opinion. If I cared about it I'd have gone into depth. You might be surprised to note that a huge majority of posts on this forum are opinions. Are you implying we're not allowed them now?:dunno:

bigwheel
08-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Not as dramatic as that FFS. Hwoever - would they move teh Cup Final for another club? Imagine it was Hibs who wanted the League extended at Rangers expense???

Also, Celtic were 1 point behind Rangers in their 8 in a row season when Cadete's registration was delayed for 9 weeks. COincedence? Na, me neither.

I think you are under the illusion that someone cares about this paranoid clap trap.

--------
08-01-2010, 02:25 PM
I think you are under the illusion that someone cares about this paranoid clap trap.

Well, he does.

But I think he's the only one who does. :devil:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Okay, don't read or post on the trhead then.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Well, he does.

But I think he's the only one who does. :devil:

Still waiting on the big decison that went Celtic's way in an OF game.:devil:

matty_f
08-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Okay, don't read or post on the trhead then.

The thread was about Kyle Lafferty, FFS.

McSwanky
08-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Still waiting on the big decison that went Celtic's way in an OF game.:devil:

Okay, I don't watch Old Firm games very often so I can't give you specific examples, but I'd like your take on this:

Who exactly is biased against Celtic? Is it the SFA as a whole, the SPL as a whole, certain individuals in one or both organistations? The referees? Just some of the referees?

Is it a conspiracy? i.e. are the referees either:

a) instructed by the SFA to give 'big' decisions to Rangers, or
b) inclined to be biased against Celtic themselves?

Do you have a problem with the SFA's recruitment policy for referees? Or their appointment process for Old Firm games?

Seriously, I'm intrigued.

McSwanky
08-01-2010, 02:39 PM
The thread was about Kyle Lafferty, FFS.

Oh, and he's a durty cheating hun bassa :thumbsup:

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Okay, I don't watch Old Firm games very often so I can't give you specific examples, but I'd like your take on this:

Who exactly is biased against Celtic? Is it the SFA as a whole, the SPL as a whole, certain individuals in one or both organistations? The referees? Just some of the referees?

Is it a conspiracy? i.e. are the referees either:

a) instructed by the SFA to give 'big' decisions to Rangers, or
b) inclined to be biased against Celtic themselves?

Do you have a problem with the SFA's recruitment policy for referees? Or their appointment process for Old Firm games?

Seriously, I'm intrigued.

A small group of referees and senior figures in the SFA. ALthough I don't think it is as bad.

Hwoever, the current refs have allowed the man with no surname, along with a compliant press, bully them to the point where they are terrified to make a decision against Rangers.

McSwanky
08-01-2010, 02:49 PM
A small group of referees and senior figures in the SFA. ALthough I don't think it is as bad.

Hwoever, the current refs have allowed the man with no surname, along with a compliant press, bully them to the point where they are terrified to make a decision against Rangers.

OK, forgive my ignorance. Who is he? And what's he going to do to them if they give a free kick to Celtic?

bigwheel
08-01-2010, 03:01 PM

OK, I'm going to bite....this is actually now very funny.

You REALLY think there are some refs and administrators that have it in for Celtic. haha. Don't you realise that every team thinks that. It's what happens when you look through tinted glasses at decisions.

It is brilliantly stupid that some old firm (and Hearts!) fans think they are so important that there are refs and SFA geezers ganging up against them......It's great to have comedy on a cold Friday afternoon.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 03:02 PM
OK, forgive my ignorance. Who is he? And what's he going to do to them if they give a free kick to Celtic?

Walter Smith. Always simply referred to in fawning Radio and TV simply as "Walter"

What he's got to do with it, is that he questioned Collums impartiality when he sent off Mendes at Kilmarnock. As he did with "Mr Murphy" when he spoke about that referee.

Collum is also the referee that the Sun told everyone he was an RE teacher in an RC school - they even named the school. As a result Collum was never going to give anything to Celtic, in case the SFA did a "Kevin O'Donnell" (older readers will remember this guy) on him.

Captain Trips
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
As the OF are big clubs with good support I would think that over the years the people in power for everyone that likes Rangers there will be 1 that likes Celtic, so sorry Jack I think your not right.

Walter is looked at more favorably I would say as he has been in game up here for years and IMO on comparison to your last manger was 100x more forthcoming and fair with after match comments than GS.

Smart ***** like Strachan are the problem for Celtic not the club.

ronaldo7
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Kenny Millar's red card not rescinded by the ref in the Dundee Utd match after reviewing the evidence:yawn: Out for the Celtc match:greengrin

Who was the ref again:cool2:

Who give a **** anyway:greengrin

McSwanky
08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Walter Smith. Always simply referred to in fawning Radio and TV simply as "Walter"

What he's got to do with it, is that he questioned Collums impartiality when he sent off Mendes at Kilmarnock. As he did with "Mr Murphy" when he spoke about that referee.

Collum is also the referee that the Sun told everyone he was an RE teacher in an RC school - they even named the school. As a result Collum was never going to give anything to Celtic, in case the SFA did a "Kevin O'Donnell" (older readers will remember this guy) on him.

Again, you're speaking in riddles here. Obviously I'm not old enough.

Can you please explain?

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 03:11 PM
OK, I'm going to bite....this is actually now very funny.

You REALLY think there are some refs and administrators that have it in for Celtic. haha. Don't you realise that every team thinks that. It's what happens when you look through tinted glasses at decisions.

It is brilliantly stupid that some old firm (and Hearts!) fans think they are so important that there are refs and SFA geezers ganging up against them......It's great to have comedy on a cold Friday afternoon.

All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game. If anyone comes up with one. I will respond with three that have went against Celtic.

I've already said that Celtic DO get decsions against teams, more so at Celtic Park.

However when the league is tight (as it is this year - and with Rangers being on the brink - which they are) they are getting everything.

when they complained about the Nakamura soft free kick at Love Street in 2008, the ref was vilified beyond belief in the press. When we got a soft penalty against St mirren (2 mins after being denied a stone waller) in a tight game, at the start of the next season. Gordon Smith and George Peat never backed there refs - in fact they actually came out and said tehy must improve!!! Much to nodding of agreements by the usual suspects in the press.

Yet, Celtic complain about howling big decsions in big games - its the "honest mistake" line.

i'll leave you with the words of non other than Louis Va Gaal from 1996.

He went to watch us play the huns at ibrox, as Ajax were to play the huns in the Champions League. He was asked by a Scottish Journalist what he thought of the game and Rangers in particular. His answer was "I cannot form an accurate picture of how Rangers played as the referee was clearly biased in their favour.

This was their 9 in a row season, after a game where Wullie Young sent off Tosh McKinlay for one tackle on the half way line and a hand ball on the half way line and where Gough cleraly tripped DiCanio in the box.

Like I said, when Hibs come to celtic Park, we probably will get teh benefitof the doubt - but when it comes to big decions, which are glaringly wrong, especially in Old Firm games - us and der hun don't even come close.

McSwanky
08-01-2010, 03:13 PM
All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game.

But that's not fair. Because you obviously watch every OF game, take notes and go throught the refereeing decisions with a fine toothcomb afterwards. Of course you're going to be able to come up with more incidents than Hibs fans, who generally don't really care which side of the orrible coin comes out on top.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Again, you're speaking in riddles here. Obviously I'm not old enough.

Can you please explain?

The clue is in the guys name. He refereed a game where Celtic beat Hearts with a late goal in 1987. Alex Mcdonald, said a free kick should have been awrded to Hearts and that Mark McGhee had fouled Craig Levein (he did'nt).

The basis of the rodents case was "with a name like Kevin O'Donnell he's obviously a Tim and not fit to be a referee".

The press took McDonald's side and Kevin O'Donnell was demoted, depsite having a good, solid record as a ref.

Have a good weekend. I'm oot ae here.

JackRegan
08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
But that's not fair. Because you obviously watch every OF game, take notes and go throught the refereeing decisions with a fine toothcomb afterwards. Of course you're going to be able to come up with more incidents than Hibs fans, who generally don't really care which side of the orrible coin comes out on top.

Fair enough. No worries. But when you ask the huns this tehy come out with a throw in in the 1989 cup final and an offside goal in 1995.

Thats it.

Captain Trips
08-01-2010, 03:16 PM
If powers at be have issue with Celtic then it would be as important to give every other team those same decisions as you state Vs Rangers.

Whats point in only doing it in OF matches? and not even in every OF match which would be key to deny Celtic, its still 3pts no matter what game.

Rangers player gets off with a Red card and the next week your at home and get same decison against say us, whats the point?

bigwheel
08-01-2010, 03:18 PM
All I am asking is for anyone to give me an example of a big decsion that went against Rangers in an Old Firm game. If anyone comes up with one. I will respond with three that have went against Celtic.

JR, I don't care enough about Old Firm games to have this sort of knowledge......but I do know that Tony Mowbray and some Celtic performance seems to have done more to impact Celtic's league chances so far this year than any ref :greengrin :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I suppose I have this view because the examples you've given are laughable. To still be going on about a bye-kick in 1989, someone not getting a free kick in '90 (where to be fair, your own players are at fault for not playing to the whistle - you learn that at schoolboy level), and for telling players who are ready to kick off to do so...

Do you not remember the Hearts game in 1997 when the ref gave us a corner but on the left-hand side of the pitch instead of the right? It was a shocking decision as due to our weak corners from that side of the pitch it probably cost us the game. I for one will never forgive the ref for that day.

matty_f
08-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Do you not remember the Hearts game in 1997 when the ref gave us a corner but on the left-hand side of the pitch instead of the right? It was a shocking decision as due to our weak corners from that side of the pitch it probably cost us the game. I for one will never forgive the ref for that day.

I remember cornergate very well.

Cheatin' bassa.:grr:

What about that time the ref looked at Pat McGinley funny in a game against Rangers? SFA GTF!!

matty_f
08-01-2010, 04:32 PM
What I want to know, is why there's only bias against Celtc in the OF games.

Who remembers Neil Lennon avoiding a second yellow card after clashing with Scott Brown at Easter Road? Brown got a yellow, despite Lennon being the aggressor, with Lennon already on a yellow.

What on Earth is the point in the ref doing that, and giving hundreds upon hundreds of decisions in Celtc's favour over the years against smaller sides, if they're going to shaft them later on?

Is it selective bias? Is it the world's most illogical conspiracy?

Surely if the refs and the SFA were against Celtc, then they'd be ******ed every season? :dunno:

Barney McGrew
08-01-2010, 04:39 PM

You've now gone from paranoia to full blown delusion :blah:

blackpoolhibs
08-01-2010, 05:10 PM

I've already said that Celtic DO get decsions against teams, more so at Celtic Park.

However when the league is tight (as it is this year - and with Rangers being on the brink - which they are) they are getting everything.

when they complained about the Nakamura soft free kick at Love Street in 2008, the ref was vilified beyond belief in the press. When we got a soft penalty against St mirren (2 mins after being denied a stone waller) in a tight game, at the start of the next season. Gordon Smith and George Peat never backed there refs - in fact they actually came out and said tehy must improve!!! Much to nodding of agreements by the usual suspects in the press.

Yet, Celtic complain about howling big decsions in big games - its the "honest mistake" line.

i'll leave you with the words of non other than Louis Va Gaal from 1996.

He went to watch us play the huns at ibrox, as Ajax were to play the huns in the Champions League. He was asked by a Scottish Journalist what he thought of the game and Rangers in particular. His answer was "I cannot form an accurate picture of how Rangers played as the referee was clearly biased in their favour.

This was their 9 in a row season, after a game where Wullie Young sent off Tosh McKinlay for one tackle on the half way line and a hand ball on the half way line and where Gough cleraly tripped DiCanio in the box.

Like I said, when Hibs come to celtic Park, we probably will get teh benefitof the doubt - but when it comes to big decions, which are glaringly wrong, especially in Old Firm games - us and der hun don't even come close.

There's irony in there somewhere. :faf: So its ok when the ref cheats the wee teams, but when they cheat celtic in the important games, its a conspiracy. :faf::faf:

Cabbage East
08-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Not read the thread but would like to add that Kyle Lafferty is utter pish, a cheat and that was a dreadful tackle against the schemies last weekend.

johnrebus
08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
What I want to know, is why there's only bias against Celtc in the OF games.

Who remembers Neil Lennon avoiding a second yellow card after clashing with Scott Brown at Easter Road? Brown got a yellow, despite Lennon being the aggressor, with Lennon already on a yellow.

What on Earth is the point in the ref doing that, and giving hundreds upon hundreds of decisions in Celtc's favour over the years against smaller sides, if they're going to shaft them later on?

Is it selective bias? Is it the world's most illogical conspiracy?

Surely if the refs and the SFA were against Celtc, then they'd be ******ed every season? :dunno:

You forgot to mention that Hibs led 2-0 at this time and looked as if a hammering was on the cards for the 'tic.

Lennon should have been off, it was a disgraceful, cowardly decision that let Celtic off the hook. They scored a deflected goal shortly afterwards and took a point in a 2-2 draw which they did not deserve.

Memory is dim, but it could have been Hugh Dallas?

:grr:

matty_f
08-01-2010, 07:26 PM
You forgot to mention that Hibs led 2-0 at this time and looked as if a hammering was on the cards for the 'tic.

Lennon should have been off, it was a disgraceful, cowardly decision that let Celtic off the hook. They scored a deflected goal shortly afterwards and took a point in a 2-2 draw which they did not deserve.

Think you're right, IIRC.

Danderhall Hibs
08-01-2010, 07:37 PM

Mike McCurry I think. It was scandalous - I was in the East that day and no more than 15 yards from the Lennon/Brown incident. Still can't believe the ref bottled it so much.

That was the game when Boozy ripped Lennon a new ars£hole.