PDA

View Full Version : Refs and walls

hibhib7
06-01-2010, 04:30 PM
One of the reasons why Deeks isn't scoring as many this season is the refs' refusal to ensure the wall goes back the ten yards at free kicks. Time and again he is trying to get the ball over a wall which is about 6 or 7 yards away. Even when they pace it out the refs still allow the wall to creep forward and take absolutely no action. It's time they started penalising the offenders.

Bayern Bru
06-01-2010, 04:46 PM
One of the reasons why Deeks isn't scoring as many this season is the refs' refusal to ensure the wall goes back the ten yards at free kicks. Time and again he is trying to get the ball over a wall which is about 6 or 7 yards away. Even when they pace it out the refs still allow the wall to creep forward and take absolutely no action. It's time they started penalising the offenders.

Or make it law to move the ball further forward each time the wall advances. Pretty sure that would limit the wall creeping forwards.

Ritchie
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
if you are referring to the free kick in the 2nd half on sunday, i think you'll find the wall was in the correct position.... deek moved the ball forward when the ref turned his back.....:faf:

wee susan was going mental!! :devil::jamboak:

Bayern Bru
06-01-2010, 04:49 PM
if you are referring to the free kick in the 2nd half on sunday, i think you'll find the wall was in the correct position.... deek moved the ball forward when the ref turned his back.....:faf:

:agree:

Mister P
06-01-2010, 04:57 PM
ayp was peeing maself atthat one. Deeks then had the cheeck to point to the ref that the wall wasnt 10 yard away :top marks

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM

I thought that was brilliant! All the Yams were going mental too!
The OP has a good point though, time and again you see free kicks near the penalty box with the wall only 6-7 yards away, it would be a good idea to penalise this by moving the ball forward each time as the post above suggests.

HibbyKeith
06-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Guys around me we commenting on how the ref was pacing out the hibs wall when hearts had a freekick but for each of the hibs freekicks the ref never paced out.

fwiw i didnt think the wall was 10yds before deek moved the ball forward.

Ritchie
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
ayp was peeing maself atthat one. Deeks then had the cheeck to point to the ref that the wall wasnt 10 yard away :top marks

you been oan the sauce again john?? :agree:

gilliecabbage
06-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Or make it law to move the ball further forward each time the wall advances. Pretty sure that would limit the wall creeping forwards.

am sure theyve done that before sumwer.could be a different sport but its ringing a bell :wink:

Caversham Green
06-01-2010, 05:22 PM
am sure theyve done that before sumwer.could be a different sport but its ringing a bell :wink:

They did it in the Championship down here a few years ago. It seemed to work well enough, not sure why they didn't continue with it.

RoscoHibby
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
OP is right though regardless of deeks sneaky moves, never are far back enough.

How hard is it to do though!? Especially if only about 25yds out, how hard is it to stand about 15-20 yds to the side and use the, to the inch guidelines, of the 18yd line/pen spot/6yrd line? Really is infuriating sometimes. Or just say, what you reckon linesman, they back the 10?

Seen some time ago refs using temp spray paint to mark lines out and stop people sneaking forward, think was only a trial and was abroad somewhere.

thebakerboy
06-01-2010, 07:17 PM
OP is right though regardless of deeks sneaky moves, never are far back enough.

How hard is it to do though!? Especially if only about 25yds out, how hard is it to stand about 15-20 yds to the side and use the, to the inch guidelines, of the 18yd line/pen spot/6yrd line? Really is infuriating sometimes. Or just say, what you reckon linesman, they back the 10?

Seen some time ago refs using temp spray paint to mark lines out and stop people sneaking forward, think was only a trial and was abroad somewhere.
It was in South America and the ref carried a small spray of white paint the size of a marker pen and sprayed it at the 10 yard mark ( it disappeared after 2 mins).Then if the wall encroached the ref could see and if the striker moved the ball forward tough. The simple ideas are always the best but never take off in Planet Football

RoscoHibby
06-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Thats the very same Bakerboy, cant see how hard that would be or why didn't take off? Not as if you cant roll that out to every level of football either :confused:

thebakerboy
06-01-2010, 07:28 PM
as I said too simple for Planet Football

Monktonhall 7
07-01-2010, 09:24 AM
It might just be that our Refs are p, I mean no very good. It happens every week, and I noticed against Der Hun, that we had a free kick just about on the 18 yard line, yet the ref moved the wall back to the pen spot. That doesn't add up. Then I watched the saves of the season, Cerny saving from Deeks penalty. He must have been 4 yards off his line, and yet the asst. ref is standing half way along the bye line and thinks thats ok, then theres the assault on Maka at Killie, waved on by the same ref, who gives McGregor a foul for Fortune "brushing" him. Its a conspiracy. Get it sorted Petrie!:wink:

jodjam
07-01-2010, 09:58 AM
It was in South America and the ref carried a small spray of white paint the size of a marker pen and sprayed it at the 10 yard mark ( it disappeared after 2 mins).Then if the wall encroached the ref could see and if the striker moved the ball forward tough. The simple ideas are always the best but never take off in Planet Football

Would have been useful last week. Richmond could have sprayed it in Susan's eye and just got on with the game.