PDA

View Full Version : McGhee talks crap again

Removed
06-01-2010, 02:13 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Cup-maestro-Mark-ups-stakes.5958728.jp

"If the cup was played in a seeded format you would expect the SPL's top four all to be in the semi-final. Therefore, Hearts are definitely potential winners of the Scottish Cup."

Has he looked at the league table lately :faf:

Jonnyboy
06-01-2010, 02:17 PM

"If the cup was played in a seeded format you would expect the SPL's top four all to be in the semi-final. Therefore, Hearts are definitely potential winners of the Scottish Cup."

C'mon B it's forward planning. He's paving the way for a job at Tincastle after the Dons boot him out and Shabby gives up washing Vlad's submarine every Sunday morning

Golden Bear
06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
C'mon B it's forward planning. He's paving the way for a job at Tincastle after the Dons boot him out and Shabby gives up washing Vlad's submarine every Sunday morning

Or trying to soften the blow of a possible early cup exit.

Jim44
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM

To be fair (I know we shouldn't be fair to McGhee) he refers to Rangers, Celtic and Hibs plus a fourth. At the moment, D Utd. hold that position but they are on slippery ground and unfortunately it looks like Hearts will possibly soon be on our tails in fourth place. So I don't think he saying anything that's unlikely to happen in the next few weeks. :dunno:

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
If the Dons put them out, which on current form they should do, then they get a boost of beating a top four side. If they lose, then the excuse is already made in that they have been beaten by one of the cup favourites. Painfully see-through "Sir Alex mind-games" from the budget version.

poolman
06-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Another one of his far-reaching insights to the cup in that article

"I think the winners of the cup will come from the SPL.

No sh*t Sherlock :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Why is the word again, on the title of this thread

WindyMiller
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Why is the word again, on the title of this thread

Well spotted BH, the OP made a mistake.

It should read read "always". :agree:

Reynolds
06-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Sorry but I have a feeling Hearts are going to do well in both cups this season. They have already shown that have the potenial to do well in these compititons this season and once again i believe they will be in the draw without hibs at some stage.

bawheid
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Sorry but I have a feeling Hearts are going to do well in both cups this season. They have already shown that have the potenial to do well in these compititons this season and once again i believe they will be in the draw without hibs at some stage.

:wink:

:jamboak:

Bostonhibby
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM

Do you mean potential, or polenta?

Reynolds
06-01-2010, 05:51 PM
:wink:

:jamboak:

We havent won the cup for how long who thinks differently this season. Okay we are doing well in the league but look at hearts when it comes to this compititon compared to us. Its not good reading.

Diclonius
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Poor attempt.

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 05:56 PM
We havent won the cup for how long who thinks differently this season. Okay we are doing well in the league but look at hearts when it comes to this compititon compared to us. Its not good reading.
:yawn: Yes I know, we haven't won the Big Cup, since 1902, as I'm sure you know the song goes.

Bostonhibby
Poor attempt.

I don't know though give it a chance, it has polenta :wink:

Tinyclothes

:confused:

Davy Mac
06-01-2010, 06:03 PM

:aok:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Yip Hearts have a special relationship with this tournament. :agree: 3 times in 100 or so years I believe. It's a record to boast about - the Clyde fans never let up about it either.

Bostonhibby
06-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Sorry but I have a feeling Hearts are going to do well in both cups this season. They have already shown that have the potential to do well in these competitions this season and once again I believe Hibs will be in existence in the league without Hearts at some stage.

Fixed it for you

WindyMiller
06-01-2010, 10:30 PM

Must try harder! :jamboak:

hibsdaft
06-01-2010, 10:45 PM

:

that doesn't make sense on any level

matty_f
06-01-2010, 10:49 PM
sorry but i have a feeling hearts are going to do well in both cups this season. They have already shown that have the potenial to do well in these compititons this season and once again i believe they will be in the draw without hibs at some stage.

we havent won the cup for how long who thinks differently this season. Okay we are doing well in the league but look at hearts when it comes to this compititon compared to us. Its not good reading.

fail.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Given that the Scottish Cup actually starts in September, teams would have to be seeded on the basis of the previous year's final league placings, so in McGhee's scenario, he's right, the Yams would be seeded.

But the competition isn't seeded, so using that scenario to justify his argument that Hearts are potential winners doesn't work.

I do think Hearts will beat Aberdeen though, so no wonder he's worried.

blackhibee
07-01-2010, 12:51 PM
In a way this is a non-event of a post- Mark McGhee talking ***** again. But at least he's consistent. He always has talked that way. Just a pity he didn't take the Hearts job, they're well matched.

Sandy
07-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Err not even a decent attempt :trumpet: