PDA

View Full Version : Anderson and Barr Reject Hibs

Speedway
06-01-2010, 01:06 PM
...according to the red tops.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/01/06/murray-wants-new-hibs-deal-but-anderson-rejects-easter-road-switch-86908-21945821/

Jonnyboy
06-01-2010, 01:24 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/01/06/murray-wants-new-hibs-deal-but-anderson-rejects-easter-road-switch-86908-21945821/

I see that report ends with a sentence including the words "Hearts" and "flare" which has surely got to be a first :greengrin

Cropley10
06-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Anderson isn't coming and for a good reason I believe.

Barr keeps saying he's turned us down and Eddie May keeps saying he's off to the CCC.

Time will tell.

CorrieHibs
06-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I would rather Murray signed. :thumbsup:

RickyS
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I would rather Murray signed. :thumbsup:

this is the priority for me too, though I would also like to hear Yogi saying he's going nowhere and that the Burnley job is not for him

Speedway
06-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Anderson isn't coming and for a good reason I believe.

Barr keeps saying he's turned us down and Eddie May keeps saying he's off to the CCC.

Time will tell.

The good reason being?

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
"Falkirk captain Darren Barr has knocked back an initial pre-contract offer"

Isn't this old news? initial offer suggests there is more to come. Doesn't exactly say its dead in the water does it?

"...and Hibs have also been foiled in their move to recruit Anderson from Sunderland."

"...The 31-year-old former Dons skipper has been allowed to leave the Premier League club after battling back from 14 months out with a knee injury.
Although the Dons and St Johnstone are keen he looks set to stay south of the border.
It is understood Anderson has intimated his preference is for English football where he has had loan stints with Plymouth and Burnley since moving from Pittodrie in 2007."

Not that defnitive seems like a bit of speculation and stirring up interest from other readers (ahem Clubs).

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Although the Dons and St Johnstone are keen he looks set to stay south of the border.

I thought Aberdeen ruled it out the other day?

matty_f
06-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I thought Aberdeen ruled it out the other day?

Mind it's the Daily Record you're on about here - they have an 'anything goes' approach to reporting.:greengrin

(n.b. if the story is pro-Hibs, then - even if it is the DR - the author of the article should automatically be regarded as 'alright' or 'usually a good read')

mjhibby
06-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Didnt yogi say that anderson would not be coming to er and it says Barr has knocked back hibs initial offer.If he doesnt sign a precontract with anybody then un sure yogi will get him in the summer.

IvanS
06-01-2010, 02:51 PM
only stumbling block in the barr moving to us soon is eddie may! barr doesnt want a pre contract he wants to move to us now but eddie may is unwilling to sell!

CB_NO3
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Yogi said in the Evening News 2 weeks ago that a move for Anderson was never on the table. And Barr said about 2 month ago that he was not going to come to Hibs. Well done the Daily Record for being up to date on the stories.

Jim44
06-01-2010, 03:10 PM
The thread title suggests Hibs are missing out on something here. I'd suggest that an alternative title might be 'Hibs have narrow escape'. I don't fancy Anderson and I've got strong reservations about Barr. As somebody said, an extension to Murray's contract is much higher priority.

ahibby
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
The thread title suggests Hibs are missing out on something here. I'd suggest that an alternative title might be 'Hibs have narrow escape'. I don't fancy Anderson and I've got strong reservations about Barr. As somebody said, an extension to Murray's contract is much higher priority.

Agreed

PeterboroHibee
06-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Shame about Anderson, think he could have been a great signing if he could get fit again.

Not bothered about Barr, never seen anything from him to suggest hes anything special, been fairly average most times Ive seen him play.

Bayern Bru
06-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Nothing about Arfield rejecting a move though?
:cool2:

Sylar
06-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Meh.

Speedway
06-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Meh.

Good point, hadn't thought of that.

stu in nottingham
06-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I see that report ends with a sentence including the words "Hearts" and "flare" which has surely got to be a first :greengrin

It could have been one of Noddy's Holder's 'distress flares', Jonny.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/NoddyHoldMOS1111_228x437.jpg

TRIALIST
06-01-2010, 05:15 PM
According to our manager he has made a move to get Barr, he wants him...but Barr's agent has gone overboard with demands and the move has been put on the back burner until the agent comes to his senses.
I think Yogi knows one of his obligations is to bring through our talent so there does not have to be any expensive moves for older centre halfs with questionable knees. Barr is different he could be for nothing and replace one of our current centre halfs.
Hanlon, McCormack and Moyes are the best in Scotland in their age groups and will fit the bill as well as anyone. Walter Smith is playing Wilson at centre half he does not look out of place and he couldny lace Paul Hanlons boots. Our guys now need the first team games to take them forward to the next stage or what was the point in nurturing them from 11 onwards.

Bishop Hibee
06-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Nothing about Arfield rejecting a move though?
:cool2:

I would be far more interested in him signing than Barr. We could do with a goal scoring midfielder.

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 05:53 PM
According to our manager he has made a move to get Barr, he wants him...but Barr's agent has gone overboard with demands and the move has been put on the back burner until the agent comes to his senses.
I think Yogi knows one of his obligations is to bring through our talent so there does not have to be any expensive moves for older centre halfs with questionable knees. Barr is different he could be for nothing and replace one of our current centre halfs.
Hanlon, McCormack and Moyes are the best in Scotland in their age groups and will fit the bill as well as anyone. Walter Smith is playing Wilson at centre half he does not look out of place and he couldny lace Paul Hanlons boots. Our guys now need the first team games to take them forward to the next stage or what was the point in nurturing them from 11 onwards.
Who is Barr's agent? Yogi said in his interview he's a personal friend but he's playing silly b*ggers :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Who is Barr's agent? Yogi said in his interview he's a personal friend but he's playing silly b*ggers :confused:

Apparently it's Kevin Drinkell.

Dibben
06-01-2010, 06:05 PM

Kevin Drinkell IIRC!

As Yogi says, there are hundreds of RB's & CH's, but there's only 1 Hibs!

We can sign somebody who wants to be here!

BH.

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks for that, was none the wiser so I had to Wiki him!

hibernian36
06-01-2010, 06:16 PM

i heard a jambo gloating yesterday that some boy was going on about doing this in a pub in dalkeith before the game ???

offshorehibby
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I think there will be a lot of silly articles in the press before the end of January so lets not be taking every word the weegie press say as gospel.

blackpoolhibs
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM
i heard a jambo gloating yesterday that some boy was going on about doing this in a pub in dalkeith before the game ???

That could be very dangerous in such a confined space.

1875godsgift
06-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Well, I suppose he's got to practise somewhere?

ronaldo7
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
The good reason being?

Hands, KNEES and boomsadaisy:wink:

Jonnyboy
06-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Is my memory playing tricks on me again or would I be right in saying that Der Hun christened Kevin Drinkell as Billy Drinkell because they could never accept anyone called Kevin wearing their colours?

Gus
07-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Maybe Barr wants to head down south, but like Hughes said, there are many rb's & ch's out there.

IMO Barr is over rated, looks average in a poor side, personally dont think he would be anymore than a squad player when we need someone who can come in and make an impact.

I thought Barr's agent was his mum:confused:

Cammy
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe Barr wants to head down south, but like Hughes said, there are many rb's & ch's out there.

IMO Barr is over rated, looks average in a poor side, personally dont think he would be anymore than a squad player when we need someone who can come in and make an impact.

I may be wrong but was that not Arfield?

aberhibsfc
07-01-2010, 08:42 AM
I may be wrong but was that not Arfield?

Think your right with Arfield.

IWasThere2016
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM

Defo Kevin Drinkell

PeterboroHibee
07-01-2010, 09:01 AM

I heard from a couple of Livi fans that Moyes had quite a few shockers for them and they were much better when he wasnt in the team. Thats against 3rd divison teams as well, which I was quite suprised to hear.

Youd expect him to have played quite well, considering he was a key part of the U19s, and not struggle against opposition who are way off the level of the SPL.

offshorehibby
07-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Always kept an eye on the Livi team selections and Moyes was on the bench most of the times, maybe getting the last 10 mins. Hanlon would be my preference if you were giving one of the youngsters a chance.

basehibby
07-01-2010, 11:35 AM

No earth shattering news there from what I can see...

Petrie evidently not offering spectacular money to entice players at this early stage (no surprises there!)

Barr and Anderson keen to keep their options open and consider potentially lucrative oportunities down south (no surprises there either!)

With three weeks or more of the transfer window remaining I wouldn't consider either of these dead in the water - who knows what other options Yogi may be considering anyway - maybe no loss?!? lets wait and see.

As others have posted, the priority has got to be securing Murray on an extended deal - he's been a stalwart for Hibs since his return and securing his continued contribution outweighs the importance of any additions to the squad for the time being - once that's conlcuded Yogi should also have a firmer idea of his remaining budget - thus allowing him and Rod to get down to some serious negotiations to further strengthen the team.