PDA

View Full Version : NHC Beuzelin

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Seems he is not that good after all....... :bye:

I for one never saw or bought into the whole Beuzelin love thing, he was a average midfielder at best hit a wee purple patch, got injured, asked for more money, moved away, got found out, moved back to the SPL and got found out again!!!

Beuzelin set for Accies departure after being offered wage cut

Jan 6 2010

GUILLAME Beuzelin looks set to leave Hamilton after being offered a new deal on reduced terms by the Lanarkshire club.

The former Hibs midfielder joined Accies in September after a return north from a year with Coventry.

But Beuzelin made only three starts in seven appearances at New Douglas Park.

The 30-year-old Frenchman - who has just moved with his young family into a new home in Falkirk - is now considering his next move.

He said: "Hamilton have offered me a new contract but on less money.

"I have not ruled out staying at Hamilton.

"But there are maybe other clubs interested and it will depend on what happens next."

KerPlunk
06-01-2010, 07:54 AM

I for one never saw or bought into the whole Beuzelin love thing, he was a average midfielder at best hit a wee purple patch, got injured, asked for more money, moved away, got found out, moved back to the SPL and got found out again!!!

Bit harsh...............that wee paragraph could describe a multitude of players. If he hadn't suffered cruciate damage at the Kilmarnock game, he could have gone on to a very good career at Hibs or elsewhere.

Graham Law
06-01-2010, 08:19 AM

Got injured! ...erm it was slightly more than got injured - this said injury nearly ended his football career and as for moved away and got found out - do a bit research into his season at Coventry and you may retract that statement as well.

I would not want him back at ER .... no thanks, got better players in that position now and would hope that Hibernian and John Hughes can attract a better player now than Beuzelin.

That said, I wish the guy no harm and all the best in finding a new club.

Leithenhibby
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Got injured! ...erm it was slightly more than got injured - this said injury nearly ended his football career and as for moved away and got found out - do a bit research into his season at Coventry and you may retract that statement as well.

As for wanting him back at ER .... no thanks, got better players in that position now and would hope that Hibernian and john Hughes can attract a better player now than Beuzelin.

That said, I wish the guy no harm and all the best in finding a new club.

You pretty much cover it GL, most points if not all are spot on...

PeeJay
06-01-2010, 08:25 AM

I was a great fan of Beuzelin, he was a truly cultured footballer, brought a touch of class to the Hibs game - when he turned up, that is. I'd be intrigued to see if he could fit into the present set up, but it won't happen. :boo hoo:

brog
06-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I really don't know why Hibs fans take the time to come on here & delight in the misfortunes of ex-players, particularly players like Boozy & Rob Jones who continue to express affection for our club. Both Boozy & Rob Jones played a major part in our securing one of only 5 major cups in our club's history & a 5-1 victory at that. That March day at Hampden was one of the greatest days of my 50+ years of supporting Hibs & I wish Boozy & Rob nothing but success for the future.
PS, I've also had the pleasure of meeting Boozy & Rob & 2 nicer guys you couldn't meet.

GlesgaeHibby
06-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I really don't know why Hibs fans take the time to come on here & delight in the misfortunes of ex-players, particularly players like Boozy & Rob Jones who continue to express affection for our club. Both Boozy & Rob Jones played a major part in our securing one of only 5 major cups in our club's history & a 5-1 victory at that. That March day at Hampden was one of the greatest days of my 50+ years of supporting Hibs & I wish Boozy & Rob nothing but success for the future.
PS, I've also had the pleasure of meeting Boozy & Rob & 2 nicer guys you couldn't meet.
:top marks

Boozy is a top bloke and holds Hibs in very high affections.

He was also an excellent player for us. His ability to take the ball in tight spaces and find a pass was excellent.

Hibernian Verse
06-01-2010, 08:34 AM

:agree: Some people have short memories, either that or refuse to remember the good.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 08:38 AM
All about opinion guys, I for one did not see what he added to the team when he was asking for more money, I not bad mouthing the guy, yes he may be a great guy, but in my opinion he was not worth the money he asked for and it seems that Coventry and Hamilton are of the same opinion......

Er, because it is a forum to discuss all things Hibs, like it or not all things Hibs also included negative things!! :wink:

J-C
06-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Boozy at his best was what we were looking for last sunday, someone to put their foot on the ball and make a decent pass.

mim
06-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Boozy at his best was what we were looking for last sunday, someone to put their foot on the ball and make a decent pass.

:agree:

.....and someone to dump Mikey Stewart on his erse. :wink:

MyJo
06-01-2010, 09:01 AM
bring him back and play him as a sweeper :greengrin

hibsbollah
06-01-2010, 09:06 AM

:top marksOne of the nicest and funniest people anyone could have the pleasure of meeting and a brilliantly cultured footballer for Hibs...and congratulations on the news of your new baby from all hibs fans.

Cropley10
06-01-2010, 09:17 AM
:top marksOne of the nicest and funniest people anyone could have the pleasure of meeting and a brilliantly cultured footballer for Hibs...and congratulations on the news of your new baby from all hibs fans.

Well said. Totally agree. I still wish he was in our squad tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Well said. Totally agree. I still wish he was in our squad tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why, nice and funny won't win football games. We have better in the squad now!

muz1875
06-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Why, nice and funny won't win football games. We have better in the squad now!

Fair enough if that's what you believe but coming on here and giving it the 'haha, look at me, I was right' (which you're not btw) attitude and the wee wavey smiley thing just makes you look like an arse.

Hainan Hibs
06-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Fair enough if that's what you believe but coming on here and giving it the 'haha, look at me, I was right' (which you're not btw) attitude and the wee wavey smiley thing just makes you look like an arse.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 10:28 AM

Not really a look at me thread, but a opinion I had on a player that has talk the talk recently and not produced. I agree in his day he was good, ok, maybe better than average but not that great, there has been better midfielders past squads and I for one think we have a much better midfield just now without him.

Again, opinions. Not a look at me!!

--------
06-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Boozy looked to be an exceptional player in his first six months at ER.

Then he was injured - I think it was against Dunfermline in the December? - and was out for several minths with cruciate damage. He wasn't the same player after that, IMO. Then he was injured again - cruciates again?

There's the question of his fitness after two serious injuries; there's the other question of how far he would be committed to playing now that his family is growing.

I would see him as a squad player - which is basically what he was at Accies - coming on from the bench in the later part of the game. He'd also expect to command a reasonable salary, I think.

Could we devote that amount of cash to signing a player who might very well be no more than an occasional player for us? And I believe he's slowed up a lot since he was last at ER.

That said, he's 30, he knows the game inside out, he likes Edinburgh and knows Hibernian - if the cash was right and within Yogi's budget, he might be a handy enough signing even to the end of the season....

yekimevol
06-01-2010, 10:45 AM

my friend when you get offerd less money in your job what do you do ? you concider your options. just because Hamilton are cash scraped and will only offer a lesser contract does not make him a bad player i will still take him at hibs because he has a great range of passing. he had 35 apps at conventry in the eng championship to me that makes a good season and must have been mostly injury free except for his ankle at the end of the season. So hamilton may not work out but did veron at man u no, does that make him a bad player no. now im not sayinf that bozzy is as good as veron just making a point.:notworthy:

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Loved the man during his first season at ER, but all I can say is...phew! A narrow escape!

RIP
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Personally I think he'd be a great squad player. We could use him as a last 30 minute sub and I bet he would have more impact than others with Yogi's passing game.

I think his natural position is a DM - in front of the half-backs. Would give Hoggy an out ball at the very least. Would link up with Zouma and Deeks well.

Can only presume he's either no fit enough or no young enough for Yogi

Gus
06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Boozy done a good job. His contract was coming to an end so of course he's gonna try and get a higher wage, to think otherwise is daft imho.

Jim44
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM

I don't think he was the flop at Coventry as this suggests. By all accounts he had a lot of good performances with them ( I remember seeing a couple on the box and he was running the show). Also, he wasn't bombed out by Coventry. Their manager wanted to keep him but, for whatever reason, they would only offer a one year contract. It appears he was possibly stupid to turn this down as his prospects now seem to be spiralling in a downward direction. His prolonged period of training with Celtic may not have helped matters as I reckon he was convinced he was going to be offered terms with them and their rejection may have been the final straw for him. Bottom line now is that he is probably finished as a top level player and will drift between 1st and 2nd Div. clubs if he is lucky.

Broken Gnome
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
He was more than just a good player for one season - scored some important goals in the 2005/06 season and ripped the absolute p!sh out of Celtic during 2006/07.

Yeah he may have lost his sharpness after the injury at Kilmarnock, but he can easily be classed as a very decent Hibs player and one of the classier players we've ever had.

Tinyclothes
06-01-2010, 12:21 PM

No need for the smiley wave guy mate.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 12:43 PM
No need for the smiley wave guy mate.

HA HA... aye right, people are getting so worked up. Post Christmas Depression or what!

Bob Box Fish
06-01-2010, 12:52 PM
On his day there was none better than Boozy- unfortunately through injuries and inconsistency he was never made a great impact at us which is a shame.

bighairyfaeleith
06-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I reckon he would still be a good squad player for us and someone for the young lads to learn from. Go on yogi, you know you want to :devil:

Littlest Hobo
06-01-2010, 01:07 PM
He played in a team with the likes of Murphy,Thompson, Brown, Fletch and riordan. He didn't have to do much to shine in my opinion. Still he was a decent player for us and I for one enjoyed going to watch the team that he played in. :thumbsup:

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I honestly believe Boozy could perform a Sauzee style switch bk to sweeper! Im not saying he's as good as Frank but he's a similar classy type of player that can read the game. Put him alongside the Jones/Bamba type of tough centre half and it could work a dream. He would take the ball and feed it into the midfield, something we were completely incapable of doing in our past two games.

Jim44
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
It was an option which Hughes rejected a few months ago and seems unlikely he would reverse that decision now.

FRes Hibbie
06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
HA HA... aye right, people are getting so worked up. Post Christmas Depression or what!

Observe the :bye: smiley. How smug does the wee green face look in that smiley? Answer: very. Therefore anyone using this particular smiley appears to be either smug, gloating or both.

You're particular point was that Boozy's career appears to be on something of a downward spiral, and that you never really rated him despite his status as one of our better players of the last few years.

The use of the :bye: smiley gives the impression that you're actually quite glad his career is going down hill as it allows you to say, "I told you so."

Hardly surprising a lot of people take issue with this as Boozy remains a pretty popular ex-player of ours. If you wanted your point to be taken seriously you really should've come across less pleased with yourself.

scott7_0(Prague)
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Observe the :bye: smiley. How smug does the wee green face look in that smiley? Answer: very. Therefore anyone using this particular smiley appears to be either smug, gloating or both.

You're particular point was that Boozy's career appears to be on something of a downward spiral, and that you never really rated him despite his status as one of our better players of the last few years.

The use of the :bye: smiley gives the impression that you're actually quite glad his career is going down hill as it allows you to say, "I told you so."

Hardly surprising a lot of people take issue with this as Boozy remains a pretty popular ex-player of ours. If you wanted your point to be taken seriously you really should've come across less pleased with yourself.
How can you tell from a wee smile on a green cartoon face that it looks smug :confused: (this one looks sad, rather than confused!). As for being taken serious, I really don't care if it was or not as it really does not effect my daily life one way or the other, it was an opinion about a footballer, who just happened to play for Hibs. :rolleyes:

crewetollhibee
06-01-2010, 02:42 PM
When we have a squad so relatively small that John Rankin is first reserve for a midfield jersey, then, yeah I would take Boozy back and quickly ! We are not that good that we can afford to turn up our noses at such a class act. (Either as a club or supporters).GGTTH.