PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lille want bamba

brydekirk
06-01-2010, 12:22 AM
french club lille want to take bamba in january window.
story from the sun.

monktonharp
06-01-2010, 01:17 AM
you'd be better reading the Arran courier/news/post or whatever Bry,cannae take anything serious,when it comes tae that rag,the Scottish Sun:yawn:

monktonharp
06-01-2010, 01:18 AM
french club lille want to take bamba in january window.
story from the sun.Apoligies:greengrinjust realised yer fae Annan:wink:

Calvin
06-01-2010, 02:23 AM
That has allayed my fears that he would leave this month.

joe_hfc
06-01-2010, 03:52 AM
2-3+million for Bamba. Bring in Anderson and Barr. Good replacements and with some more money in the bank and/or invest it back in to the club. Would be a fantastic bit of business by Hibernian FC :agree:

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Peanuts. 'Bambs' is Premiership bound for between 4-5 mill, between now and the end of the World Cup.

Martin
06-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Peanuts. 'Bambs' is Premiership bound for between 4-5 mill, between now and the end of the World Cup.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

If I was Rod I would want to keep a hold of him till the world cup, becuase the price should shoot up.....

Perspective
06-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Got as far as the second word in the story before dismissing it out of hand.

Bordeaux are the current French champions, not Lille so if they can't even get the basic right what chance is there of the rest being accurate?

Hibbyradge
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
A move to France would suit Bamba.

mjhibby
06-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Unfortunately i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand as it would depend on how much they were willing to pay.If it was say £2.5-3m then rod will open the door for his limo.I dont buy into this keeping him until after the world cup as he then only has a year left on his contract.Its common knowledge he will be away either in january or the summer so its now up to the legendary rod pertie to get the best deal for hibs which he has shown he is the best in the business.I would gues that should lille,bolton or blackburn offer £2.5m up front or £3 with addons he will be away and then yogi can speed up his squad development although im sure yogi is more looking to maybe two signings in january then the major ones in the summer.
All in all a brilliant piece of busness done by mixu and something he can be proud of when nobody else saw it.Should the deal go through in the next couple of weeks then surely ian murray will get the right deal and then yogi has the nice problem of going for players he maybe couldnt afford before.Barr i believe will still be on his way and a decent increase in our salary offer will see to that.My one worry would be petrie ring fencing the money for the new stand but hopefully he will see sense and abandon that idea until the economic climate is right to do it.Very interesting times though.Btw so much for the transfer window.So quiet apart from graeme smith.

GlesgaeHibby
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM

If I was Rod I would want to keep a hold of him till the world cup, becuase the price should shoot up.....

:agree: And if I was Bamba I'd want to stay put for another 5 months somewhere he is guaranteed games every week.

If he moves and doesn't get his game he will risk his place in the Ivory Coast team.

Hibbyradge
06-01-2010, 09:38 AM
:agree: And if I was Bamba I'd want to stay put for another 5 months somewhere he is guaranteed games every week.

If he moves and doesn't get his game he will risk his place in the Ivory Coast team.

That's what agents and contracts are for. :agree:

forthhibby
06-01-2010, 09:57 AM
from the daily record, the classic red top transfer story, contains all the key words and no quotes

French cracks Lille could test Hibs' resolve during the transfer window with a bid for defensive lynchpin Sol Bamba.

The Champions League hopefuls have the 6ft 3in player on their radar as the impressive Ivory Coast international has helped drive John Hughes' side to third in the SPL.

Bamba, right, has been outstanding for the Easter Road men and key to their secondbest defensive record in the league - having conceded just 15 goals in 18 games. The one-time Paris St Germain trainee is now interesting French rivals Lille who lie second in the top flight.

It's understood club officials contacted Bamba's advisors before the 24-year-old left to join the Ivory Coast squad for the African Nations Cup that kicks off in Angola on Sunday.

Bamba joined Dunfermline from PSG in 2006 before moving to Easter Road in a £50,000 deal two summers ago.

He still has 18 months left on his Hibs contract but Lille could dig deep for Bamba in a bid to resolve their centraldefensive problems.

French outfits Lorient and Grenoble plus English Premier League sides Blackburn and Liverpool are also reputed to be interested in Bamba.

mjhibby
06-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Im i correct in saying there was no mention of the fee anywhere.Shockerooney.

Hibs Class
06-01-2010, 10:09 AM
My understanding is that the Ivory Coast coach believes Bamba is in the best place to develop for now and the immediate future and has told him so. I don't expect him to leave this season.

Scorrie
06-01-2010, 11:26 AM
French cracks Lille could test Hibs' resolve during the transfer window with a bid for defensive lynchpin Sol Bamba.

The Champions League hopefuls have the 6ft 3in player on their radar as the impressive Ivory Coast international has helped drive John Hughes' side to third in the SPL.

Bamba, right, has been outstanding for the Easter Road men and key to their secondbest defensive record in the league - having conceded just 15 goals in 18 games. The one-time Paris St Germain trainee is now interesting French rivals Lille who lie second in the top flight.

It's understood club officials contacted Bamba's advisors before the 24-year-old left to join the Ivory Coast squad for the African Nations Cup that kicks off in Angola on Sunday.

Bamba joined Dunfermline from PSG in 2006 before moving to Easter Road in a £50,000 deal two summers ago.

He still has 18 months left on his Hibs contract but Lille could dig deep for Bamba in a bid to resolve their centraldefensive problems.

French outfits Lorient and Grenoble plus English Premier League sides Blackburn and Liverpool are also reputed to be interested in Bamba.

Is that not us? :cool2:

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
That has allayed my fears that he would leave this month.

Just a slow news day do you think?

Maybe the west-coast media are trying to unsettle us before Saturday's big game?

--------
06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
from the daily record, the classic red top transfer story, contains all the key words and no quotes

Let's recap - Hibs are third in the League, and Celtic aren't exactly looking too impressive in second place.

We play Celtic this month.

We play in the Scottish Cup on Saturday, and (D.V.) should be playing in the next round early in February, just after the transfer window closes.

Bamba is clearly an important player for us.

And the Scottish Sun and the Direly Rancid are based in..... ?

Weegieville.

It's January, and we're the last team with even a faint chance of 'stealing' a CL place from its rightful owners Weegieville Septic FC.

No surprises here.

Let the games begin! :devil:

greenlex
06-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Just a slow news day do you think?

Maybe the west-coast media are trying to unsettle us before Saturday's big game?

:top marks

Davy Mac
06-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Unfortunately i wouldnt dismiss it out of hand as it would depend on how much they were willing to pay.If it was say £2.5-3m then rod will open the door for his limo.I dont buy into this keeping him until after the world cup as he then only has a year left on his contract.Its common knowledge he will be away either in january or the summer so its now up to the legendary rod pertie to get the best deal for hibs which he has shown he is the best in the business.I would gues that should lille,bolton or blackburn offer £2.5m up front or £3 with addons he will be away and then yogi can speed up his squad development although im sure yogi is more looking to maybe two signings in january then the major ones in the summer.
All in all a brilliant piece of busness done by mixu and something he can be proud of when nobody else saw it.Should the deal go through in the next couple of weeks then surely ian murray will get the right deal and then yogi has the nice problem of going for players he maybe couldnt afford before.Barr i believe will still be on his way and a decent increase in our salary offer will see to that.My one worry would be petrie ring fencing the money for the new stand but hopefully he will see sense and abandon that idea until the economic climate is right to do it.Very interesting times though.Btw so much for the transfer window.So quiet apart from graeme smith.

Will Rodders get a wee enquiry from a certain Mr Coyle again? - just the type of player Bolton need at the moment.

hfc rd
06-01-2010, 08:34 PM
2-3+million for Bamba. Bring in Anderson and Barr. Good replacements and with some more money in the bank and/or invest it back in to the club. Would be a fantastic bit of business by Hibernian FC :agree:

Barr has rejected a pre-contract deal with Hibs and is looking likely he will move down south. Anderson has rejected a contract offer from Hibs because he wants to stay down south. It would be better if we sell Bamba after the world cup, as there will be a lot more clubs coming in with good offers because if he has a good world cup then we could put good pressure on other clubs to offer us something big if they want to have Sol.

IWasThere2016
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Not sure how Weej meeja upset us when Sol's away for weeks, and haven't same papers reported WGS, Keano, and Brum interest in Cellic (in particular) and Hun players recently? :dunno:

NOLA
06-01-2010, 09:05 PM

only if he has a good world cup though,

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Not sure how Weej meeja upset us when Sol's away for weeks, and haven't same papers reported WGS, Keano, and Brum interest in Cellic (in particular) and Hun players recently? :dunno:

It was sarcasm TQM.

Cameron1875
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Another thread to cause controversy brydekirk along with the graeme smith seeing hibs as a platform. :cool2:

WindyMiller
07-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Another thread to cause controversy brydekirk along with the graeme smith seeing hibs as a platform. :cool2:

He's posted some keek since he joined.:cool2:

aberhibsfc
07-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Lille want Bamba, I want a go on Jenna Jameson, neither are going to happen.

Bamba will be off to the EPL after the world cup shop window. Petrie ain't daft, this should be when Bamba's stock will be at it's highest.

We made good money on Delacruz after a spell in the WC and Ecuador didn't do anything. Bamba is sitting in an IC team which will be considered a team for the latter stages. If he continues to play in the same form for IC he will generate healthy interest. Don't get me wrong, I'd love him to be here for years. But if he can get a good season with us, help us achieve a European place or bag the Sc Cup I'd be happy to take a big fat cheque and wish him all the success in a move dan saff. We have to make as much on his sale as possible as it could help bolster the playing staff and aid stand development we will also have to pay a % to Dunfy as it is expected there is a negotiated sell on clause. More we can get, ok Dunfermline win too, but we'll bag the most.

Not meaning to be derogitory as I rate him since he joined us, he is not the greatest player to have graced our club, however I feel Bamba's stock influenced by a decent CONCAF and World Cup could bear witness to a record largest transfer sale fee for us.