05-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Done.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Done.

Frazerbob
05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Done.

Struck me that there were a lot of questions about sponsors and community initiatives etc rather than what's good for the game. Maybe they should concetrate of football rather than health and education issues etc!

Houchy
05-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Done.

Interesting that one of the questions related to "opportunity to stand at games".

CB_NO3
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Am pretty sure 85% of fans will have ticked boxes stating they would like to see better atmospheres and standing at football. Will anything get done. Doubt it.

BigKev
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I done it - hopefully they'll listen to some of the views.

Out of interest how many who took part ticked increase the league size?

WindyMiller
05-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Done.

I hope they publish the results.

Ritchie
05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
hopefully this is them taking heed and realising the SPL system needs to change and quick.

doubt they'll do anything with the findings anyway. :rolleyes:

Cameron1875
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Done. Hopefully they will realise SPL is rubbish and changes need to be made. I mentioned improved atmosphere and summer football were the two main things. A relegation play off would be interesting aswell.

Do i think much will come out of the survey..... unfortunately no

Ritchie
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM

me...... and having a play off system and an SPL 2.

weecounty hibby
05-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Increase league size, standing at games, lower ticket prices, better atmosphere, summer football. Lets hope they pay attention but my fear is that they are only really interested in how well their sponsors or partners are recognised.

mikey987654321
05-01-2010, 08:03 PM

i did plus summer football and standing at games (i should have put a poll or something but way beyond my knowledge to change it now :greengrin)

LancashireHibby
05-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Done

hfc rd
05-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Done. Hopefully the sfa pay attention on what the fans want, not what they want.

millarco
05-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I think the survey is for a dissertation for a guy at Strathclyde Uni, but he's obviously managed to get it done through the SPL. I'd doubt the results will be published but hopefully someone there will take note of the feedback.

The_Sauz
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
What happened to the health warning that should have been posted with that link.....:jamboak:

Hibernian Verse
05-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Going by the email address given at the end it's a university survey that will be used for a dissertation. Doubt anything will happen.

Sweep
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM

I Did. :agree:

Bishop Hibee
05-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Standing at games :top marks Get the construction of safe standing areas approved before we build the new East Stand.

jdships
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Four mates and myself all ticked "increase the league size "
That is surely a MUST !!!:thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Going by the email address given at the end it's a university survey that will be used for a dissertation. Doubt anything will happen.

You may be surprised. Love them or hate them MBA and associated dissertations do some ground-breaking stuff.

A fairly recent evolution is the emergence of a football MBA I noticed this when doing some research for HibeesReunited. Post-grad Students undertake placements in clubs (Everton was one as I recall) and investigated initiatives such as increasing gates.

The benefit to the club/organisation is they get effectively an independent consultation based on current research/thinking, without the massive fee and the standard of student is normally top notch - of course they will have refusal.

This does appear to be a wide-ranging survey into what people think the SPL is and should be about. I'd see it as a pre-cursor to some change with a post change survey to see if the change had desired effect.

The change? Well I think unfortunately it will be around how the SPL etc. communicates its message.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Done. Hopefully the sfa pay attention on what the fans want, not what they want.

Unfortunately this survey appears to be commissioned by the SPL. So SFA would not necessarily take any conculsions made from the results as read since the SPL are hardly independent.

MyJo
06-01-2010, 11:22 AM
You may be surprised. Love them or hate them MBA and associated dissertations do some ground-breaking stuff.

A fairly recent evolution is the emergence of a football MBA I noticed this when doing some research for HibeesReunited. Post-grad Students undertake placements in clubs (Everton was one as I recall) and investigated initiatives such as increasing gates.

The benefit to the club/organisation is they get effectively an independent consultation based on current research/thinking, without the massive fee and the standard of student is normally top notch - of course they will have refusal.

This does appear to be a wide-ranging survey into what people think the SPL is and should be about. I'd see it as a pre-cursor to some change with a post change survey to see if the change had desired effect.

The change? Well I think unfortunately it will be around how the SPL etc. communicates its message.

Could be a similar situation with this, a student on a placement within the SPL doing research for their studies while the SPL put their name to it and put it on their website for maximum exposure and use the results themselves to bring about changes.

woody47
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I got the impression this was loaded towards trying to make the SPL sound like the good guys trying to help communities etc.
As far as I am concerned they should stick to football related issues only.

NAE NOOKIE
06-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Voted yes to standing areas, summer football. better atmosphere, bigger SPL and an SPL2.

Agree though that there was an awful lot of questions about sponsors and communtiy initiatives etc.

All well and good, but these are side issues compared to the big question of 'what sort of a kick up the @rse does the SPL need and how big should it be' ?

By the way. I presume the question " do you think the SPL is competative" ? was a joke.

Gatecrasher
06-01-2010, 10:51 PM

i did plus summer football and standing at games (i should have put a poll or something but way beyond my knowledge to change it now :greengrin)

i ticked for all these things :agree:

MixuMac
07-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Done

LancsHibs
07-01-2010, 09:03 AM
Done, will be extremely interested to see the results broken down in a 'team supported' basis

linlithgowhibbie
07-01-2010, 10:52 AM
:wink:Done

Rossco442
07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Voted yes to standing areas, summer football. better atmosphere, bigger SPL and an SPL2.

Agree though that there was an awful lot of questions about sponsors and communtiy initiatives etc.

All well and good, but these are side issues compared to the big question of 'what sort of a kick up the @rse does the SPL need and how big should it be' ?

By the way. I presume the question " do you think the SPL is competative" ? was a joke.

Was thinking the exact same thing! :agree:

I hope something comes of this but unfortunately I can't see any sort of forward thinking until the SPL merges with the SFA and SFL to create an organisation that controls all aspects of the Scottish game. That's what we need.

In the meantime, more teams in the league would be a step in the right direction IMO.

Let's get as many Hibbys doing this as possible so that they don't get the majority of replies as 'yes' for a competitive SPL from old firm fans!!

heidtheba
07-01-2010, 07:02 PM

I did
PS am I showing my ignorance here (quite likely) but are most of the things they mentioned SFA and not SPL? or did I get those wrong...:yawn:

Woody1985
07-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Doing this just now, couldn't wait til the end to post this question.

The SPL is an innovative organisation

:faf:

Did anyone else notice that the person who should be contacted has a university e-mail address?

Would I be cynical in saying that the SPL don't give a **** about these replies and that they chances are this guy has approached them and offered to do a survey and guage reactions? Their involvement is to put a link onto the website, he does all the work and they get to look at the results with very little effort. Or am I way off course here?

heidtheba
08-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Doing this just now, couldn't wait til the end to post this question.

The SPL is an innovative organisation

:faf:

Did anyone else notice that the person who should be contacted has a university e-mail address?

Would I be cynical in saying that the SPL don't give a **** about these replies and that they chances are this guy has approached them and offered to do a survey and guage reactions? Their involvement is to put a link onto the website, he does all the work and they get to look at the results with very little effort. Or am I way off course here?

Yeah I noticed that too and it is being done through the surveymonkey website - which is also part of mailchimp. I use them for my site because you can do surveys etc for free to very cheap...I'd have expected such a 'huge' organisation to do something a lil more expensive so I'm assuming this has been done by the university chap more for him than for the SPL.