PDA

View Full Version : When the dust settles 48 hours later.....

Col2
05-01-2010, 12:20 PM
......we are in a fantastic position.

Clear in 3rd place.

5 Points ahead of United, who are really struggling just now and 12+ goal difference in our favour.

STILL 9 points ahead of the yams AND a game in hand.

13 points ahead of 7th placed team (and bottom six).

Home game against a non SFL team to start our assault on the Holy Grail.

Bought an SPL experienced goalie who was not so long ago in Scotland squad.

Likley (according to Yogi) to get at least 2 more players in before end of month.

Unlikley to lose any of our key players (Bamba could go but unlikely)

Nearest rivals for 3rd - Yams still cant buy a goalscorer and are likley to lose a few players (Wallace / Driver / Gonzalves etc). United unlikely to be able to afford many additions and will lose Weaver.

A hell of a lot to look forward to :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

California-Hibs
05-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Brilliant points there to be honest :thumbsup:

O'Rourke3
05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
:thumbsup: Reasonable reflection but you are clearly far too happy - expect to be be pelted :cool2:

Judas Iscariot
05-01-2010, 12:25 PM

Clear in 3rd place.

5 Points ahead of United, who are really struggling just now and 12+ goal difference in our favour.

Likley (according to Yogi) to get at least 2 more players in before end of month.

Nearest rivals for 3rd - Yams still cant buy a goalscorer and are likley to lose a few players (Wallace / Driver / Gonzalves etc). United unlikely to be able to afford many additions and will lose Weaver.

:top marks

Great post :notworthy:

hibbie02
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
And you can add it that Wee Gingerbaws wants to buy half the Smellies for £1.5 mill and Kris Boyd....... That should damage the OF significantly too. All we would need then is Malofeev to replace auld Shabby Lilo and us to sign a couple of good defenders and we have a Carlsberg January!

EVENTUALLY
05-01-2010, 12:44 PM
McBride is back as well.

Ritchie
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM

but could we PLEASE stop with this title challenge crap.......

its not going to happen.

we are in a great position to finish the best of the rest and have a good go at the scottish cup..... that is all we should be concentrating on.

then we can stregthen and go on a wee hibee holiday next season. :cool2:

Col2
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM

but could we PLEASE stop with this title challenge crap.......

its not going to happen.

we are in a great position to finish the best of the rest and have a good go at the scottish cup..... that is all we should be concentrating on.

then we can stregthen and go on a wee hibee holiday next season. :cool2:

Totaly agree. We now should have two focuses - 3rd and the SC. The challenge to finish 1st or 2nd was fun but we are still some way away.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
McBride is back as well.

:agree: Good spot.

Liberal Hibby
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
We're also the only other team (apart from the OF) with a positive goal difference...

Stevie Reid
05-01-2010, 01:03 PM
We also were largely crap in the 2 derbies so far this season whilst Hearts put in 2 of their best performances thus far, and still didn't look like beating us.

hibs0666
05-01-2010, 01:15 PM

and unbeaten to the yams in over two years. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Didn't think it was a bad result tbh. We had a bit of a nightmare against the Huns and the Yams had won three on the spin, so it was important not to lose. I know that sounds negative, but two defeats at home might have set the alarm bells ringing. As it is, we gained on Dundee United and everything else stayed the same.

Coming from behind to draw is always more satisfying too.

We haven't played well (in fact we've played very badly by our standards) in both our games against the Yams, yet never looked like losing either of them, which bodes well. We're due a performance against them - I just hope they are still around when we next clash in the fixture list. (He sort of lied.)

Baw187
05-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Didn't think it was a bad result tbh. We had a bit of a nightmare against the Huns and the Yams had won three on the spin, so it was important not to lose. I know that sounds negative, but two defeats at home might have set the alarm bells ringing. As it is, we gained on Dundee United and everything else stayed the same.

Coming from behind to draw is always more satisfying too.

We haven't played well (in fact we've played very badly by our standards) in both our games against the Yams, yet never looked like losing either of them, which bodes well. We're due a performance against them - I just hope they are still around when we next clash in the fixture list. (He sort of lied.)

I was speaking to a yam friend in the boozer after the game and he was quick to tell me how pish we were from the 2 times he'd seen us play and didn't know how we were 'up there'.

I pointed out that, depsite them dominating possesion in the 2nd half, we limited them to half chances and had a few real chances on the break. We were the only team likely to score a 2nd. I reminded him we could easily have been discussing a Hibs win, especially with Murray's chance being a baw hair away from going in.

That's why we're 'up there'.

HibeeUnderwood
05-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Clear in 3rd place.

Are you really a Hibs fan? :wink:

I've never seen so much positivity! :devil:

Dinkydoo
05-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Decent result - pretty poor performance. It was important not to lose two games in a row after being on such a gid run.

I agree that there is a lot to look forward to, we are in a great position to claim best of the rest this year. However, we still have a bit to go before we achieve a 3rd place finish.

Can't believe that Nade is still attempting to pass himself off as a striker - his pasing was quite simple; yet accurate on sunday, his finishing was non-existant :faf:

Donaldson was better! :greengrin

Caversham Green
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
This time last year the team that finished third had 32 points from 20 games and had recorded one victory against top six opposition.

We have 33 from 18 and have beaten top six opposition twice. Also, none of the teams that aspire to take third place from us have managed to beat us this season.

The future's bright, the future's green and white.

Love the Green
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
Decent result - pretty poor performance. It was important not to lose two games in a row after being on such a gid run.

I agree that there is a lot to look forward to, we are in a great position to claim best of the rest this year. However, we still have a bit to go before we achieve a 3rd place finish.

Can't believe that Nade is still attempting to pass himself off as a striker - his pasing was quite simple; yet accurate on sunday, his finishing was non-existant :faf:

You having a laugh..NADE did well in the match just the type of player we need to free stokes from his roll..and allow him to pick up the scraps and lay offs....he will score more week in and week out with this type of partner.......Nade gave the 2 hibs CH's a rough time and bullied Hogg all over the park.

"keep the faith":wink:

HibeeUnderwood
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM

Konte? :devil:

Love the Green
05-01-2010, 05:04 PM
konte? :devil:

courier

Baw187
05-01-2010, 05:05 PM
You having a laugh..NADE did well in the match just the type of player we need to free stokes from his roll..and allow him to pick up the scraps and lay offs....he will score more week in and week out with this type of partner.......Nade gave the 2 hibs CH's a rough time and bullied Hogg all over the park.

"keep the faith":wink:

If you mean take his roll off him and scran it, then maybe !

If you are talking about him playing for Hibs........

Mary mother of mercy, NO !!

renato
05-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I was speaking to a yam friend in the boozer after the game and he was quick to tell me how pish we were from the 2 times he'd seen us play and didn't know how we were 'up there'.

I pointed out that, depsite them dominating possesion in the 2nd half, we limited them to half chances and had a few real chances on the break. We were the only team likely to score a 2nd. I reminded him we could easily have been discussing a Hibs win, especially with Murray's chance being a baw hair away from going in.

That's why we're 'up there'.

Which chump was that?

They can't say anything to us about being pish, we're doing exactly what they did last year, except we have strikers that can score goals.

Difference is we've an awful lot more to come when we eventually click. They can look forward to...........:confused:

:greengrin

HibeeUnderwood
05-01-2010, 08:49 PM
courier

Sowunmi :wink:

Baw187
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Which chump was that?

Who do you think ?!

None other than the self proclaimed, Super Flex.:greengrin

hfc rd
05-01-2010, 08:55 PM

Clear in 3rd place.

Totally agree with all of those points. :top marks. Now we need to take full advantage.

hibsdaft
05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
our firm grip on 3rd place makes Saturday's cup tie all the more important. we should really be going 100% for the cup this season - we want to win something with this team not just feel good.