PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Songs

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
The same old songs great trotted out each week with hardly any enthusiasm except in bigger games.

We need some more songs, not like "Anthony Stokes, he gets the ball and scores a goal", I mean proper unique club songs. This is definitely why the atmosphere is so poor - we have nothing to sing.

What we need are words and a tune on a website so that everyone can hear them and learn the words. Why can't this work? Can the older Hibees not recall some of the Chants from the 50's - 70's?

Can we create a "Club Songs" forum on this site?

We need to do something to liven up the stadium and get behind the team. "Hail Hail" and "We are Hibernian FC" is all very well, but we need more.

Get your pens out!

Big Frank
05-01-2010, 01:32 AM
The same old songs great trotted out each week with hardly any enthusiasm except in bigger games.

We need some more songs, not like "Anthony Stokes, he gets the ball and scores a goal", I mean proper unique club songs. This is definitely why the atmosphere is so poor - we have nothing to sing.

What we need are words and a tune on a website so that everyone can hear them and learn the words. Why can't this work? Can the older Hibees not recall some of the Chants from the 50's - 70's?

We need to do something to liven up the stadium and get behind the team. "Hail Hail" and "We are Hibernian FC" is all very well, but we need more.

Get your pens out!

Agreed.

First thing is to s top blaring music before a game.:agree:

And it was put on when we scored. Utter garbage.:agree:

It has to be deliberate as who wants to start a song when the bloody dj is getting his in!:bitchy::bitchy:

Songs at fitba in general is at an all time low.

yekimevol
05-01-2010, 11:34 AM
feed the stokes and he will score

:notworthy:

CorrieHibs
05-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Why don't we sing that torres song about Deek that someone quoted on here before that would be class.

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of brand new hibs songs.

Someone wrote "Hail Hail" using an old Scout tune and changing the words. Why don't we have new songs like that being created?

Feed the stokes and he will score is a chant, not really a song.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM
The creativity is there as a number of threads have demonstrated but doesn't translate to the terracing.

Is the answer X-Factor inspired Karaoke at Half-time? :wink:

Has all-seater stadium taken away the spontineity (sp)?

Well if you are a walk up customer you dont know who you are sitting beside - bothers some but not others.

Donno what the answer is - unallocated seated singing section once the new stand is in place???

CMac1988
05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
There's was a thread a few weeks back (Ain't got time to find it, supposed to be working... :greengrin) that had quite a few noteworthy chants.

Other than a few laughs in the thread, nothing really materialises (spelling/is this a word? :rolleyes:) from them. The one about Bamba that was up about a month or 2 ago was great, but again nothing.

Hibbychick
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Get your pens out!

I remember they used to have one on the old rivals site.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Most of the better football songs were made up by Supporters Clubs and are based on well know pop songs from the 60/70s - usually played on the 3 or 4 hour bus trips to places like Aberdeen, Paisley etc. A decent amount of booze, a few pints on arrival, a long walk to the ground, and a new song was born by the time the ground filled at 3pm on a Saturday. If it was any good, it had another airing back at ER the following week and either died or grew.

What chance do we have now, when most fans travel in 2s or 3s (stone cold sober) in cars to away matches ? Swearing, boozing and verbal abusing is now taboo. :boo hoo:

danhibees1875
05-01-2010, 03:56 PM
To 'help!' by the Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXh4EuJa2TU

Deeks! We need somebody
Deeks! Not just anybody
Deeks! You know we need some goals
Deeeeks!
When we shoot down the slope, thats not so steep today
We have got tony stokes and that is okay
But when we shoot up the slope we're not so self assured
Thats when we need you to score a cracking goal

Aye, its Nade. :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Under the old covered end before the seats is was "Derek Parlane ****s Alsations la la la la la la

Probably get deleted this one

:greengrin

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
To 'help!' by the Beatles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXh4EuJa2TU

Deeks! We need somebody
Deeks! Not just anybody
Deeks! You know we need some goals
Deeeeks!
When we shoot down the slope, thats not so steep today
We have got tony stokes and that is okay
But when we shoot up the slope we're not so self assured
Thats when we need you to score a cracking goal

Aye, its Nade. :greengrin

See this is the kind of stuff I mean. Instantly recognisable tune.

We should have a forum for this and dedicated fans should record a a video of the song (say 4 - 6 people in the video) then post it on Youtube. Then the song would get great exposure.

Is there any legs in this idea?

deek68
05-01-2010, 09:55 PM
See this is the kind of stuff I mean. Instantly recognisable tune.

We should have a forum for this and dedicated fans should record a a video of the song (say 4 - 6 people in the video) then post it on Youtube. Then the song would get great exposure.

Is there any legs in this idea?

I’ve always been intrigued how “Jones!” along to “Gold!” by Spandau Ballet came along. Who thought that up? How did they get us all goin?

I remember a mate at work (Jambo - **** obviously but somehow a mate) asking after the Brian Kerr 1-0 derby what the song was about Jones as he’d never hear that before.

I think he was quite impressed.

He’s still vermin mind.

hfc rd
05-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I would like some new songs aswell. I am not good at making them up though as they don't seem right.

Mister P
05-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Guys.
there was a batch of young lads from here and the bounce who ahd tried (maybe still are) to get a website up and running to communicate to hibbies new songs, chants, banner making etc.

I never had anything to do with them but offered my opinions and advice and helped them generate a mailing list where we sent out fortnightly newsletters with the new songs etc on them.

Unfortunately nothing really materialised (yep it is a real word:wink:) out of it but it had the makings of being a winner.

I honestly think these guys should get more help and backing from other supporters and the club.

step 1 would be somehow to arrange a largish amount of likeminded supporters to be seatet close to each other. this would obviously have to include the help of the club themselves.

step 2 for a website (they did actually have some space donated by the bounce which i think was fantastic) where all new lyrics, audio clips etc could be uploaded

step 3 would have to be some form of communication with the general support, a newsletter etc is the most likely way i can think of. to reffer them to the new stuff being created.

step4 you'd need a ringleader/MC to start everything, to begin with at least. then with a large enough following who are all familiar with the new songs and chants the buzz would have a ripple effect.

Would any of the Capital Greens be up for starting this off again?

Obviously for anything of this nature to take off theres have to be complete common sense with regards to songs like the wallace mercer one etc. Other supporters would lose all respect and you'd die on your errse!!!!!

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2010, 05:06 AM
I’ve always been intrigued how “Jones!” along to “Gold!” by Spandau Ballet came along. Who thought that up? How did they get us all goin?

I remember a mate at work (Jambo - **** obviously but somehow a mate) asking after the Brian Kerr 1-0 derby what the song was about Jones as he’d never hear that before.

I think he was quite impressed.

He’s still vermin mind.

The Jones song was a rip-off of West Ham's 'Cole' referring to Joe Cole, before his defection to Chelski.

offshorehibby
06-01-2010, 07:33 AM
His names Derek Riordan the talk of the north,
He plays for the Hibees just over the forth,
He drinks all the whiskey and Newcastle brown
THE HIBEES BOYS ARE IN TOWN
NA NA NA NANANAN A NANANAN A

Baw187
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Lets be honest, if you want a better atmosphere at all games, you don't need a singing section per say - you need a 'steaming section' !

If you have a section of the ground where you have to have consumed so many units of brew before entering, then it'll be a riot ! Singing will then become a by product of the festivities !

Why not go the full hog and allow flasks of your favourite tipple in too !

I'd certainly sign up for that. :agree:

Kaiser_Sauzee
06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Lets be honest, if you want a better atmosphere at all games, you don't need a singing section per say - you need a 'steaming section' !

If you have a section of the ground where you have to have consumed so many units of brew before entering, then it'll be a riot ! Singing will then become a by product of the festivities !

Why not go the full hog and allow flasks of your favourite tipple in too !

I'd certainly sign up for that. :agree:

I have a flask of Laphroaig in my back burner every home game. :greengrin

Baw187
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a flask of Laphroaig in my back burner every home game. :greengrin

And you're campaigning for more songs and singers !!

I rest my case !! :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM

Nah that was a yams song for Robertson............:grr:

offshorehibby
06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Hibees were singing it in the 70's long before robertson day.

Mister P
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM

thats irrelevant.....it's a belter :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Feed McGraw
06-01-2010, 09:03 PM
To the tune of " McNamara`s band " :

His name is Derek Riordan, he`s the leader o` the team,
the finest centre forward that the world has ever seen,
and when he`s in the goalmouth, he`s sure to score a goal,
and as for Christian Nade - he can have a sausage roll

nanananananananana, nananananananananana........

Ahh...The seventies :greengrin

brydekirk
06-01-2010, 09:45 PM
to the tune of - hi ho silver lining. sorry young yins ye might no ken this.

were flying up the league now, baby
thats where were at
the yams are going down the tubes now
and nades still as fat.

europe is in our sights now
yogis here to stay
so come on the super hibees
we want the scottish cup tae
chorus
and its hi ho super hibees
everywhere you go now baby
i see the sun is shining
on east mains and leith
that is obvious. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
07-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm a mental Hibee baby i've got class...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBEES YA BAS :greengrin

.Sean.
07-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Most of the better football songs were made up by Supporters Clubs and are based on well know pop songs from the 60/70s - usually played on the 3 or 4 hour bus trips to places like Aberdeen, Paisley etc. A decent amount of booze, a few pints on arrival, a long walk to the ground, and a new song was born by the time the ground filled at 3pm on a Saturday. If it was any good, it had another airing back at ER the following week and either died or grew.

What chance do we have now, when most fans travel in 2s or 3s (stone cold sober) in cars to away matches ? Swearing, boozing and verbal abusing is now taboo. :boo hoo:

I get the feeling you'd love a Hibs trip with me and my pals :devil:

Sas_The_Hibby
07-01-2010, 08:22 PM
How about The Proclaimers' (anyone heard of them?) ' Letter From America' for Saturday?

"Irvine no more" and all that....................... :wink:

Gmack7
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
was it not about drew busby{theres a name i never thought i would type}

I'm_cabbaged
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
was it not about drew busby{theres a name i never thought i would type}

:agree:

His name is Drew Busby
He comes from the north
He drinks in a gay bar just over the forth
He'll drink all your whisky
And drink all your rum
He likes the **** up his bum.

Na, na, na, nana..........................................

Feed McGraw
07-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Here`s a nice easy one I think would make a good football song :

To the tune of " Bachelor boy " -

When I was young my Mother said , Son I got something to say ay ay ay
you`re gonna be a Hibernian boy until your dying day
She said SON you`re a Hibernian boy and that`s the way you`ll stay ay ay ay, happy to be a Hibernian boy until your dying day

SO UNTIL THEN I`m a Hibernian boy and that`s the way I`ll stay ay ay ay
Happy to be a Hibernian boy until my dying day

Major shouty bits in capitals :greengrin

Removed
07-01-2010, 10:21 PM

She said SON you`re a Hibernian boy and that`s the way you`ll stay ay ay ay, happy to be a Hibernian boy until your dying day

Are you serious :faf:

Mister P
07-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Are you serious :faf:

I hate people that just slag other users off....but mate thats awfull:bitchy:

seriously, how would you go about teaching supporters that?

Never thought I'd see the day a Cliff Richards song was being sung at the football :devil::faf:

bigstu
07-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of brand new hibs songs.

Someone wrote "Hail Hail" using an old Scout tune and changing the words. Why don't we have new songs like that being created?

Feed the stokes and he will score is a chant, not really a song.

most football songs are rip offs of other teams songs so i think we should start by doing that to improve the atmos at ER, if we come up with some brand new ones then great but meanwhile lets rip some others ones off. like the torres song & the ronaldo song. anything to get people united and singing as one, home & away.

:notworthy:

Feed McGraw
07-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I hate people that just slag other users off....but mate thats awfull:bitchy:

seriously, how would you go about teaching supporters that?

Never thought I'd see the day a Cliff Richards song was being sung at the football :devil::faf:

It`s easy , just change Bachelor for Hibernian. Check out the background to most football songs and most are from hymns or cheesy pop songs or cheesy Hollywood musicals. You`ll never walk alone for example is originally from the musical " Carousel ".

Surely old Cliff would be ok in that company. Anyone for Tennis ? :agree: