PDA

View Full Version : Stewarts tackle...

DeLaGaff
04-01-2010, 10:14 PM
....on Murray right at the end of the match.

Was that not the epitome of a red card offence or am I being over the top.

Murray was away from him and he lunged in from behind with no attempt to get anywhere near the ball. From where I was sitting it could have easily caused serious injury. Anyone have a different view in the ground where it didn't look that bad?

The two head butts were reds, but the fact that this was only a yellow seems disproportionate to me, albeit I may not be completely impartial...

Ed De Gramo
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM

Murray was away from him and he lunged in from behind with no attempt to get anywhere near the ball. From where I was sitting it could have easily caused serious injury. Anyone have a different view in the ground where it didn't look that bad?

The two head butts were reds, but the fact that this was only a yellow seems disproportionate to me, albeit I may not be completely impartial...

Whats even worse is that gimp Shabba is defending Stewart's 'tactics'...

Brutal tackle which 9 times out of 10 would have saw red IMO

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
If Murrays was a red card at parkhead a couple of seasons ago, then that deserved the same.

Ants
04-01-2010, 10:22 PM

That was him taking one for the team.

Hibs had just done the same thing 2 minutes earlier.

The ref should have gave us the advantage and not blow his whistle straight away...:confused:

budboy38
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
the ref bottled it and should have played advantage and then booked him, stokes was through on goal !!!

Hiber-nation
04-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Never a red in a million years even though I was screaming for one at the time.

The type of tackle that Ian Murray has made plenty times in his career!!

iwasthere1972
04-01-2010, 11:01 PM
I read the thread title and thought he had teamed up with Nade. I was expecting pics. :greengrin

Hanny
04-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Never a red in a million years even though I was screaming for one at the time.

The type of tackle that Ian Murray has made plenty times in his career!!

:agree:

Fairly sure McBride was booked for the same sort of tackle not long before.

An experienced tackle you could call it. Well worth taking the booking for.

As stated, Murray and others know when to take a booking for the team, nothing wrong with using their experience.

Bishop Hibee
04-01-2010, 11:48 PM
If Murrays was a red card at parkhead a couple of seasons ago, then that deserved the same.

My thoughts exactly. Why are derbies refereed differently from other games? It plays into the thuggish Jambo's hands every time.

TheBall'sRound
04-01-2010, 11:54 PM
:agree:

Fairly sure McBride was booked for the same sort of tackle not long before.

An experienced tackle you could call it. Well worth taking the booking for.

As stated, Murray and others know when to take a booking for the team, nothing wrong with using their experience.

Nah not having that. McBrides was a trip and a booking. Stewarts was a full blown hack similar to the 'challenge' that McManus got sent off for against the yams in the CIS.

The only reason Richmond didn't send him off was because he couldn't be arsed with all the inevitable conspiracy theory paranoid whinging the jumbos would be bleating for months to come.

Hanny
05-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Nah not having that. McBrides was a trip and a booking. Stewarts was a full blown hack similar to the 'challenge' that McManus got sent off for against the yams in the CIS.

The only reason Richmond didn't send him off was because he couldn't be arsed with all the inevitable conspiracy theory paranoid whinging the jumbos would be bleating for months to come.

Hardly.

I was right in line with it, he saw Murray was getting away from him and dived in to trip him up before he got away, a tackle you see in almost every game.

matty_f
05-01-2010, 12:49 AM
My thoughts exactly. Why are derbies refereed differently from other games? It plays into the thuggish Jambo's hands every time.

:agree: Always annoys the Hell out of me, that one.

When you hear refs talking about trying to not get the book out early in a derby or an OF match - WTF!! The rules of the game don't change because it's rivals playing!

Would love to see a ref take the same approach in a derby as they do in any other match, and then watch the number of bookings/red cards the Yams pick up.

VegasHibby
05-01-2010, 07:37 AM
he's an animal. The only way Hearts get points is by their brut force bullying.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2010, 08:09 AM
It doesn't deserve to be credited with the term "tackle".

Cynical hack, maybe.

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-01-2010, 08:15 AM
Similar to Lee Miller's kick at Zuma, he had a petulant kick at Liam Miller (i think it was) as well, which should have been a yellow. He should have had two bookings
the pr!ck!!! The refs seem more reluctant to book him now since his hissy fit at Hamilton!

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-01-2010, 11:32 AM
A straight red imho, and the look on his face said it all as he was expecting it, dirty ginger heed fud

Caroline Hibby
05-01-2010, 12:04 PM
There's no doubt with this one. Regardless of who's done what in the past, this was a cynical tackle from behind, with no attempt to get the ball. McManus was, correctly, sent off against Hearts for same, except he came in from the side. On Sun, ref should have played advantage and then sent Stewart off. For what it's worth, I didn't see another tackle on Sun as blatant as this, from either side.

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 12:09 PM
There's no doubt with this one. Regardless of who's done what in the past, this was a cynical tackle from behind, with no attempt to get the ball. McManus was, correctly, sent off against Hearts for same, except he came in from the side. On Sun, ref should have played advantage and then sent Stewart off. For what it's worth, I didn't see another tackle on Sun as blatant as this, from either side.

I agree with a lot of what you say. It was a tackle from behind, with no attempt to play the ball. That's why he was booked. If your guy was through on goal at that point it would have probably been a red card but, as he wasn't it was a yellow. As Csaba said afterwards, it was a 'good' yellow to take for the team and nothing liike some of the daft lunges he has carried out in the past.

soupy
05-01-2010, 12:09 PM
That was him taking one for the team.

Hibs had just done the same thing 2 minutes earlier.

The ref should have gave us the advantage and not blow his whistle straight away...:confused:

Yes i agree with this......

Baw187
05-01-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't really care if it was red or yellow. Arguments could be placed for both (and they have already in this thread) but I was seriously fuming that play was stopped with us having possesion and in a good posisition to have an effort at goal.

I could have ripped the ref's face off at that point.

Hibbyradge
05-01-2010, 12:31 PM
It should have been a yellow card.

Only tackles from behind, which endanger the opponent are considered serious foul play.

Stewart tripped Ian Murray. Trips happen all over the field and aren't considered as dangerous.

Law 12

A player, substitute or substituted player is dismissed from the field of play and shown the red card if he/she commits any of the following offences:

Serious foul play
Violent conduct
Use of abusive language and/or gestures
Spitting at an opponent or any other person
Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper inside his/her own penalty area)
Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick (known as a professional foul)
Receiving a second caution (yellow card) in the same match

Decision 4
A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as
serious foul play.

However, given that it wasn't serious foul play, the referee should have played advantage.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless
there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee shall send off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

3pm
05-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Never a red.

Peevemor
05-01-2010, 12:40 PM
If a player takes a kick at somebody in an off the ball incident then that's deemed to be violent conduct and is a straight red.

Stewart was nowhere near the ball and had no intention of playing it. His sole aim was to ground Murray so he should have been sent off IMHO.

And he's a fud!

Baw187
05-01-2010, 12:52 PM
If a player takes a kick at somebody in an off the ball incident then that's deemed to be violent conduct and is a straight red.

Stewart was nowhere near the ball and had no intention of playing it. His sole aim was to ground Murray so he should have been sent off IMHO.

And he's a fud!

That's about the only thing on this thread that isn't open to conjecture! :greengrin

in-me-pocket
05-01-2010, 12:57 PM
That's about the only thing on this thread that isn't open to conjecture! :greengrin

I conject with that.

in-me-pocket
05-01-2010, 12:58 PM

And he's a fud!

This is correct. The referee should have realised that this wasn't a late tackle, it was a deliberate attempt at kicking Murray which should have, according to the rules, resulted in a red card.

Peevemor
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
This is correct. The referee should have realised that this wasn't a late tackle, it was a deliberate attempt at kicking Murray which should have, according to the rules, resulted in a red card.

Yeah, but do you agree that Stewart's a fud though?

in-me-pocket
05-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Yeah, but do you agree that Stewart's a fud though?

conjectively speaking - defo

12AlbionPlace
05-01-2010, 01:12 PM
I was more bothered about the failure of Richmond to play advantage as we had a two v one when he stopped the play.

HIBERNIAN-0762
05-01-2010, 01:19 PM
Never a red.

Bollox!

:wink:

Franck Stanton
05-01-2010, 02:13 PM
the ref bottled it and should have played advantage and then booked him, stokes was through on goal !!!

Spot on !!!!!!!

cocopops1875
05-01-2010, 03:10 PM

you are well over the top sir it was from stewarts point of view a good yellow card i would expect one of our players to do the same and if i recall mcbride did:wink: