PDA

View Full Version : 1902 and 108 years

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Not sure what the words were, but the Yam Neds were getting very excited about 1902. It seems clear to me that they now appear to get more pleasure out of singing about these dates, than we get embarrassed about Hibs abject failure in the Scottish Cup.

As well as being deluded about their own future prospects, are they now completely out of touch with how sensitive Hibs fans are about 1902 and 108 years and counting ..? Or is just me, and the passing years, that have made me totally insensitive to their annual ramblings ?

Or is the fact that we have more chance of breaking that hoodoo than they will ever have of thrashing us 8-0 :greengrin

Is our record in this annual cup competition so statistically impossible that we should do what the Dons fans did and adopt the songs as our own copyright - and start charging Vlad royalties ?

Hibernian Verse
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Not sure what the words were, but the Yam Neds were getting very excited about 1902. It seems clear to me that they now appear to get more pleasure out of singing about these dates, than we get embarrassed about Hibs abject failure in the Scottish Cup.

As well as being deluded about their own future prospects, are they now completely out of touch with how sensitive Hibs fans are about 1902 and 108 years and counting ..? Or is just me, and the passing years, that have made me totally insensitive to their annual ramblings ?

Or is the fact that we have more chance of breaking that hoodoo than they will ever have of thrashing us 8-0 :greengrin

Is our record in this annual cup competition so statistically impossible that we should do what the Dons fans did and adopt the songs as our own copyright - and start charging Vlad royalties ?

What did Aberdeen do? And I agree, noone I know actually cares.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM
What did Aberdeen do? And I agree, noone I know actually cares.

they adopted the sheepy song, which dis-armed the opposition.

I also recall the Huns not being best pleased when 6000 Hibs fans started singing "we arra peepil" at Hunbrox a few years ago. Although in fairness, we were in the process of skelping them 0-3 in the Scottish on their own patch :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM

The took the Famine Song and changed the words to:

Since 1902 Since 1902
You've not won the Scottish Cup
Since 1902

Pretty pathetic really....

When we do win it (and we will) they'll have ****** all on us...

Compared to their path of paedos and magic sticks :faf:

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 09:23 PM

It was 1902 - you-huvnae-wonthebigcup, since 1902. Its was a joy to watch them doing their very,very best to make it fit:faf:

I actually felt a bit sorry for them. They have nothing.

apart from a wee wooden stand:faf::faf:

Hibs lack of success in the Scottish Cup a few red hand flags, racism towards Zemmama and a little wooden stand. Fuds doesn't even come close.

:jamboclow

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM

I also recall the Huns not being best pleased when 6000 Hibs fans started singing "we arra peepil" at Hunbrox a few years ago. Although in fairness, we were in the process of skelping them 0-3 in the Scottish on their own patch :greengrin

They were spewing when we did that:agree: They had nothing to say back!

How many matches over the years have their team been inspired by a large travelling support. Wish more of us travelled to away games:boo hoo:

Would like to see us adopting some scottish cup song:agree:
Few union flags in the hibs end at ipox, darkhead and the pbs would go down a treat as well:faf:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
04-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Would any Hibbee swap the Diets' penalty shootout against Gretna for £25m of debt? Or Albert Kidd's 86 cameo?

Let me think about that for one second...:faf:

Cropley10
04-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Would any Hibbee swap the Diets' penalty shootout against Gretna for £25m of debt? Or Albert Kidd's 86 cameo?

Since when have they been £25m in debt?

matty_f
04-01-2010, 09:58 PM
108 means so much more to the Yams than it does to us. Without it they've got sweet FA on us these days. Nobody gives a toss about their derby record, nobody gives a toss about their 3 Scottish Cup wins in over 100 years (look up other teams that have a similar record, it puts the Yams' pish record into perspective).

It's only them that call it the big cup as well - the OF fans at my work don't take much pleasure in winning the Scottish at all - it's all about the league for them. If you don't win the league, the Scottish is nothing more than a consolation prize.

The Yams are obsessed with size, they clearly have some major, major pen is envy problems going on.

chorley_fm
04-01-2010, 10:05 PM
it'll just make it all the sweeter when we do win it

bawheid
04-01-2010, 10:13 PM

Since when have they been £25m in debt?

And what's all this about Albert Kidd? :confused:

LamontHFC©
04-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I would LOVE it, if at the next derby, just as their end starts to build up. . " :singing: since 1902, since 1902. . "

We just started belting it it. .

:singing: "WE'VE not won the big cup, since 1902. ":scarf:

Would really put them in their place and shut them up.

Mibbes Aye
04-01-2010, 10:16 PM
And what's all this about Albert Kidd? :confused:

:confused:

Never heard of him mate :bitchy:

Surely someone can shed some light as to the connection between AK and the Yams?????????????

Danderhall Hibs
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
If I was them I'd be more concerned at my lack of basic arithmetic. Surely at least one of the 400000 of them that make loads of noise at ER after battering all-comers on the "bridge of doom" (copyright Kickback) can do adding up and that?

If they're just going to make a number up why not call it 300 years?

bawheid
04-01-2010, 10:20 PM

Surely someone can shed some light as to the connection between AK and the Yams?????????????

Just googled him and he used to play for Dundee FC.

Nothing to do with the yams it would appear so no idea what the poster above is on about.

The_Sauz
04-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Spent hours looking for stuff on this guy called "Walter Kidd" and could only find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s
Not sure if it mean anything to the yams or not!

:greengrin

WarringtonHibee
04-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Few union flags in the hibs end at ipox, darkhead and the pbs would go down a treat as well:faf:

I laughed at that one, it's a dead cert the Huns will go absolutely nuts over that haha.

Diclonius
04-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Me and a bunch of other guys tried "Since 1902, since 1902, no one cares, it's 1902" to the same tune.

Let's take glory in our own failure - that'll wind them up to no end. :wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I would LOVE it, if at the next derby, just as their end starts to build up. . " :singing: since 1902, since 1902. . "

:agree: exactly what I was thinking. Its called a spoiler campaign :greengrin

I also like the idea of Union Flags and singing "we arrra peepil" at the Huns when they next come to ER. It costs so little and would drive them absolutely NUTS :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I think the way of fandom in general is that you imagine you are winding up opposition fans more than you are by bringing up those things. I don't know of one single Hibby who gets upset about 1902 and all that, if anything it's nice to know they care enough to sing about it. To be fair, most Yams are the exactly the same about 7-0.

86 really does them in though; they had a historic chance and bottled it completely. But they always seem far less angry at Dundee/Alberto than St Mirren, for not only capitulating to Celtic, but also thrashing Hearts 6-2 before they went on that run.

However, they have to understand that we saw the pictures of them at Dens, so from our viewpoint, it makes sense to see Albertini and Dundee, rather than the Paisley buddies (appreciate them as we do) as architects of the Yam demise.

Apparently, there's a You Tube clip of that game. God, I'd love to get a look at that!

bawheid
05-01-2010, 11:28 AM
I think the way of fandom in general is that you imagine you are winding up opposition fans more than you are by bringing up those things. I don't know of one single Hibby who gets upset about 1902 and all that, if anything it's nice to know they care enough to sing about it. To be fair, most Yams are the exactly the same about 7-0.

86 really does them in though; they had a historic chance and bottled it completely. But they always seem far less angry at Dundee/Alberto than St Mirren, for not only capitulating to Celtic, but also thrashing Hearts 6-2 before they went on that run.

However, they have to understand that we saw the pictures of them at Dens, so from our viewpoint, it makes sense to see Albertini and Dundee, rather than the Paisley buddies (appreciate them as we do) as architects of the Yam demise.

Apparently, there's a You Tube clip of that game. God, I'd love to get a look at that!

The yams problem that day was nothing to do with St Mirren. They needed a draw at Dens to win the bloody league!

It was in their own hands with seven minutes to go and they completely and utterly bottled it. Spineless, that's what it was. The kind of spinelessness which is all too apparent today as they point-blank refuse to stand up to Mr Romanov while he urinates all over their club.

Apparently they lost the Scottish Cup final to Aberdeen the week afterwards. Oh well, just think what mita been. :wink:

Here's that youtube vid for anyone who missed it last time. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 12:22 PM
The yams problem that day was nothing to do with St Mirren. They needed a draw at Dens to win the bloody league!

It was in their own hands with seven minutes to go and they completely and utterly bottled it. Spineless, that's what it was. The kind of spinelessness which is all too apparent today as they point-blank refuse to stand up to Mr Romanov while he urinates all over their club.

Apparently they lost the Scottish Cup final to Aberdeen the week afterwards. Oh well, just think what mita been. :wink:

Here's that youtube vid for anyone who missed it last time. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

Hearts team that day was decimated by flu. They informed the league that they couldn't get 11 fit players and were told tough. In the end we just ran out of steam. Was still probably the best season of my life supporting the Hearts (1998 was fantastic but the 85-86 season as a whole was the best). Lived in Newcastle at the time and never missed a game home or away the whole season. Of course the Dens game was a sickener but, funnily enough, the cup final the next week wasn't. I think we all knew after losing the league like we had, we would never win the cup.
As for the OP, I seem to recall a few hibs fans that think it's the ultimate put down to mention some league game from over 30 years ago that you won 7-0; as if it was worth more than 2 points, And Hearts fans can easily justify 108 years in a row as you won the cup in April 1902. The next final is in May 2010 so that makes 108 years and about 1 month

johnrebus
05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Why do you bother ?

Your club is the laughing stock of football fans everywhere.

Perhaps you could take up knitting instead ?

:yawn:

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Why do you bother ?

Your club is the laughing stock of football fans everywhere.

Perhaps you could take up knitting instead ?

:yawn:

It's called supporting your team

Ell_Chrisso
05-01-2010, 12:32 PM

Iv actually been singing this with my relatives for a number of months now, as i just laugh at it, every time i hear them sing it. I'd understand if they were winning Cups or League titles every year, but its now getting pathetic.

As far as i see it, your right. We SHOULD sing it back. Just to show.. "Who cares!"

We aren't the ones going BUST!

HFC07
05-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Hearts team that day was decimated by flu. They informed the league that they couldn't get 11 fit players and were told tough. In the end we just ran out of steam. Was still probably the best season of my life supporting the Hearts (1998 was fantastic but the 85-86 season as a whole was the best). Lived in Newcastle at the time and never missed a game home or away the whole season. Of course the Dens game was a sickener but, funnily enough, the cup final the next week wasn't. I think we all knew after losing the league like we had, we would never win the cup.
As for the OP, I seem to recall a few hibs fans that think it's the ultimate put down to mention some league game from over 30 years ago that you won 7-0; as if it was worth more than 2 points, And Hearts fans can easily justify 108 years in a row as you won the cup in April 1902. The next final is in May 2010 so that makes 108 years and about 1 month

Your point is :wink:

Chest Organs
05-01-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of you aint talking for the majority on this subject. I've got a lot of mates who would rather see this bogey lifted than any league title, euro adventure or 8-0 drubbing of your local rivals. Still, I await to be shot down in flames! :boo hoo:

The_Sauz
05-01-2010, 12:48 PM

What a load of bull
If a player has the flu, then he would never last 30mins on a pitch never mind 90mins. Also it was nearly the same team that played in the cup final a week or so later. Let's be honest here....you team bottled it, just like many hibs teams have done in cup finals before.

The_Sauz
05-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of you aint talking for the majority on this subject. I've got a lot of mates who would rather see this bogey lifted than any league title, euro adventure or 8-0 drubbing of your local rivals. Still, I await to be shot down in flames! :boo hoo:
If we win it, then we win it, but if we loose it, then we will try again next year.......we really don't care!!
Plus if that day comes and we did win it, what would your lot shout about then......go back to singing "22 in a row" :yawn:

Alex Trager
05-01-2010, 12:55 PM
last derby at ER, last season, i was walking over the bridge with them with green on , and they started pelting it at me , so i joined in and their faces fell pretty fast and one went mental at me saying 'your not allowed to sing that ya wee ****'...

Alex Trager
05-01-2010, 12:59 PM
rite this is how obssesed they are with this....

qoute from jk..

''I love how they claim their Scottish Cup record means more to us than it does to them. This is the mob that started the "We Will Win" mantra a few years back cos they are so desperate to win it. Idiots. http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/images/smilies/smilies/fam13.gif ''
then the next person says this

''****ing weirdos every single one of them. '' and his avatar is a picture of the fat C'nt with ninteen 02 on the back of his top.... it pretty much ****s the person aboves argument rite up

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Not winning the Scottish Cup is just a fact of life for us, I'm not sure how any Hibs fan could cry into their pillows at night about this.

Oh those big nasty Jambos and their hurtful songs! :grr:

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 01:14 PM
What a load of bull
If a player has the flu, then he would never last 30mins on a pitch never mind 90mins. Also it was nearly the same team that played in the cup final a week or so later. Let's be honest here....you team bottled it, just like many hibs teams have done in cup finals before.
Not guff, just a fact. Hearts did ask for the game to be postponed but were told they couldn't so played players who were not fit. Levein still gets stick from some Hearts fans for not playing that day as he could hardly get out of his bed

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Not winning the Scottish Cup is just a fact of life for us, I'm not sure how any Hibs fan could cry into their pillows at night about this.

Oh those big nasty Jambos and their hurtful songs! :grr:

As far as most Hearts fans are concerned it's a good song to sing at your rivals and, despite what some state on here, it does get under hibs fans noses. You sing back 7-0 (which doesn't bother me in the slightest as we have won derbies by more than that), and a song celebrating a Dundee player.

Moulin Yarns
05-01-2010, 01:19 PM

I laughed at Hampden last May when the Bairns sung "we are the Steeple" Falkirk Hibee will understand :greengrin

bawheid
05-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Hearts did ask for the game to be postponed

You mean the club's collective bottle crashed prior to the game? No wonder the players' collective bottle crashed during it!

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
As far as most Hearts fans are concerned it's a good song to sing at your rivals and, despite what some state on here, it does get under hibs fans noses. You sing back 7-0 (which doesn't bother me in the slightest as we have won derbies by more than that), and a song celebrating a Dundee player.

Of course it is. If positions were reversed I'd sing it back. I'm just saying it's not as upsetting as some would think. We have a dire cup record. You know it, we know it, everyone knows it.

It would take a particularly sensitive Hibs fan to get upset over it. It's just all derby banter.

CallumLaidlaw
05-01-2010, 01:31 PM
I love the irony in some of their songs....

Calling Zemmama a paedo..cough... Graham Rix (an actual one :wink: ) cough

Train home from edinburgh to Glenrothes on Sunday. As we got off at Rosyth a bunch of hearts fans started singing "we're from the capital, you're from a *****ehole" to us. Last time I checked, Glenrothes wasn't the capital of scotland :greengrin

God Petrie
05-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Always thought someone should get a flag with "Scottish Cup Winners - 1902" on it just for the banter and to show we're not that bothered about having a marginally worse record in the competition than Hearts.

God Petrie
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Please enlighten us as to what derbies have you won more than 7-0. Are you referring to 10-2 which was a friendly I believe.

1two
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Always thought someone should get a flag with "Scottish Cup Winners - 1902" on it just for the banter and to show we're not that bothered about having a marginally worse record in the competition than Hearts.

I like:thumbsup:

The_Sauz
05-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Not guff, just a fact. Hearts did ask for the game to be postponed but were told they couldn't so played players who were not fit. Levein still gets stick from some Hearts fans for not playing that day as he could hardly get out of his bed
Here is a true FACT, and this came from a friend who was at Hearts at the time...1 player had the flue and 1 player had flu symptoms, Hearts were asked for a medical certificate to say more than 5 players were suffering (that's the number you need to get a game called off :agree:) Hearts failed to produce it....FACT

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2010, 01:42 PM
]Hearts team that day was decimated by flu. [/B]They informed the league that they couldn't get 11 fit players and were told tough. In the end we just ran out of steam. Was still probably the best season of my life supporting the Hearts (1998 was fantastic but the 85-86 season as a whole was the best). Lived in Newcastle at the time and never missed a game home or away the whole season. Of course the Dens game was a sickener but, funnily enough, the cup final the next week wasn't. I think we all knew after losing the league like we had, we would never win the cup.

They called it the 'mystery virus' in the EEN at the time, as I recall.:violin::violin:

A strange disease that strikes whenever there's a big game coming up. You know it because of this strange sound, like broken glass, echoing in your ears.

The_Sauz
05-01-2010, 01:43 PM
What official games has Hearts beat Hibs by more than seven goals........at Easter Road

bawheid
05-01-2010, 01:46 PM
which doesn't bother me in the slightest as we have won derbies by more than that

Please enlighten us as to what derbies have you won more than 7-0. Are you referring to 10-2 which was a friendly I believe.

Think he's referring to the bounce game in about 1893 organised to try and raise some cash for the newly re-formed Hibernian FC. Friendly doesn't even do it justice!

Not like winning by seven clear goals on your rivals home patch...on New Years Day...to go top of the league.

Dipped Flake used derbies plural though, so I assume there are others...?

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 01:48 PM
And Hearts fans can easily justify 108 years in a row as you won the cup in April 1902. The next final is in May 2010 so that makes 108 years and about 1 month

You know more than me about it!

I’d love to win it. But I do think it’s funny that you lot seem to care more about it than us – probably due to you “having a special relationship”* with the Scottish Cup. :hilarious Both teams records are horrendous but you only look through your burgundy blinkers.

*actual quote from 9pointswithagameinhandback prior to the 4th round draw.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Think he's referring to the bounce game in about 1893 organised to try and raise some cash for the newly re-formed Hibernian FC. Friendly doesn't even do it justice!
Not like winning by seven clear goals on your rivals home patch...on New Years Day...to go top of the league.

Dipped Flake used derbies plural though, so I assume there are others...?

Is that the game when they loaned us some players?

bawheid
05-01-2010, 01:51 PM
More pink on this thread than there's been in a while. Where you been hiding lads?

Good to see a smashing result like Sunday's 1-1 draw away to Hibs brings you all triumphantly out of the woodwork.

Maybe next time you'll even sneak a win, although better hope we draw each other in the cup as I can barely recall the last time you won a league game!

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 01:52 PM

As i recall, Hibs were decimated by Flu that day :greengrin

bawheid
05-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Is that the game when they loaned us some players?

Aye. It was basically Hearts 1sts v Hearts 2nds in a bounce game to raise some money.

It was awfully good of them to do that for us, and perhaps we can return the favour in a couple of years time.

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Aye. It was basically Hearts 1sts v Hearts 2nds in a bounce game to raise some money.

It was awfully good of them to do that for us, and perhaps we can return the favour in a couple of years time.

We'll have to make sure we give them a lend of Rankin, Hogg, Maka and the scapegoats of the moment so we can win 11-1 to take the all-time record!

LamontHFC©
05-01-2010, 02:01 PM

And also some Hibs players played for the Hearts team to make up the numbers. :cool2:

JE89
05-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Lets be honest. If Hearts hadn't won the Scottish in 108 years, we would go on and on and on about it. The fact we sill talk about Albert Kidd highlights this.

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 02:44 PM
[hearts] “having a special relationship”* with the Scottish Cup.

:hilarious

There's nothing more embarassing and hilarious than a Yam trying to "big up" the Yams cup record. Ok, it's better than ours by a long shot but to say they have a "special relationship" (:faf:) with it is cringeworthy. On average they win it once every 20 years, and that average is only that good because they won it 4 times between 1891 and 1906.

Before the 1998 win, the last one was 1956!

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Did I say anywhere it was a competitive game????. Not sure of the stats but pretty sure we won 8-2 in a cup game once (yes I know 8 minus 2 is less than 7!!)

matty_f
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
More pink on this thread than there's been in a while. Where you been hiding lads?

Good to see a smashing result like Sunday's 1-1 draw away to Hibs brings you all triumphantly out of the woodwork.
Maybe next time you'll even sneak a win, although better hope we draw each other in the cup as I can barely recall the last time you won a league game!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just noticed the pink on here, too.

Must be getting stonners because the Scottish Cup (or Big Cup, as only they refer to it as) is getting a mention.

3 times in over a hundred years and their stroking their bell-ends about it.

Cringing like an open seep of something or another.

Hainan Hibs
05-01-2010, 03:31 PM
The thing that gets me confused is the fact that Hearts go on and on and on and on and on about the Scottish Cup as if they win it every year when as stated earlier the last time they won it before 98 was 1956.

Their attitude towards the cup makes me cringe and it is embarassing.

bawheid
05-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Did I say anywhere it was a competitive game????. Not sure of the stats but pretty sure we won 8-2 in a cup game once (yes I know 8 minus 2 is less than 7!!)

You won 8-3 in a league game at Tynie in 1935. Quite a feat considering I imagine much of the Hearts team of the time were off doing battle in the Italo-Ethiopian war 1935-36. (http://www.onwar.com/aced/nation/eat/ethiopia/fitalyethiopia1935.htm)

Come back when you've pumped your rivals on their own patch by seven goals to nothing. On New Year's Day.

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 03:37 PM
The thing that gets me confused is the fact that Hearts go on and on and on and on and on about the Scottish Cup as if they win it every year when as stated earlier the last time they won it before 98 was 1956.

Their attitude towards the cup makes me cringe and it is embarassing.

No, we go on and on about you not winning it and if us going on about it makes you cringe then job done I suppose. I really think you are all just getting a wee bit carried away with all this stuff; it's a song (or 2 songs if you include 108 in a row). Surely these songs are better than some of the garbage that gets sung at derbies

matty_f
05-01-2010, 03:40 PM
You won 8-3 in a league game at Tynie in 1935. Quite a feat considering I imagine much of the Hearts team of the time were off doing battle in the Italo-Ethiopian war 1935-36. (http://www.onwar.com/aced/nation/eat/ethiopia/fitalyethiopia1935.htm)

Come back when you've pumped your rivals on their own patch by seven goals to nothing. On New Year's Day.

:tee hee:

Barney McGrew
05-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Must be getting stonners because the Scottish Cup (or Big Cup, as only they refer to it as) is getting a mention.

3 times in over a hundred years and their stroking their bell-ends about it.

Cringing like an open seep of something or another.

You'd think that to be so superior about it, they'd have won it more times in the last hundred years than Clyde.

If we ever do win it, they'll have absolutely nothing to sing about.

Kato
05-01-2010, 03:43 PM
What surprises me is that for those Jambos who get their info on Hibs from sickbag some of them think we've only ever won the League Cup. I had to point out to one of their trumpets a while back that we were in fact the 1st Edinburgh team to bring the SC back to Edinburgh and that, unlike them, we have retained the Championship.

Still as Hearts win the Scottish Cup every second year they have a right to crow about being a big team.:rolleyes:

The 10-2 thing is a bit of a historical curiosity. Seems like there were a few Hearts players in the Hibs team, so they beat themselves 10-2 (sounds like their debt) and the game was played on Leith Athletic's ground as Hibs were between the old ER and the current one.

Dipped flake

for which you got 2 points, well done.

Chest Organs
Lets be honest. If Hearts hadn't won the Scottish in 108 years, we would go on and on and on about it. The fact we sill talk about Albert Kidd highlights this.

At last, a bit of realism on the thread! :applause:

bawheid
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Correct. Two points, seven goals for, none against :thumbsup:

greenlex
I dont know about the rest of you but I aint going out the house again till we win it. I could be here a while. :faf:

Hainan Hibs
No, we go on and on about you not winning it and if us going on about it makes you cringe then job done I suppose. I really think you are all just getting a wee bit carried away with all this stuff; it's a song (or 2 songs if you include 108 in a row). Surely these songs are better than some of the garbage that gets sung at derbies

It's got nothing to do with our record that I cringe about. What makes me cringe is No.1000000 on the list of things that you are a complete laughing stock for.

If you had the record of Rangers or Celtic in the Cup, you would have the right to go on about us not winning it.

But you are Hearts. 3 Scottish Cups in 100 years and a complete and utter joke to the world of football now. To somehow claim the Scottish Cup is in anyway "your" cup is embarassing and completely cringeworthy.

I'll agree with it being better than some guff sang at derbies, especially the guff about Zemmama, but hey, that is Gorgie standard.

Kato
05-01-2010, 03:48 PM

....and went top of the league...

...and inflicted upon our city rivals their heaviest defeat....

....and had a hoot....

....and had some of the greatest NYD parties known to man.....

Killiehibbie
05-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Should try it sometime a bit free scoring football and youse would've won at least a couple more League titles.

Dipped flake
05-01-2010, 04:18 PM
It's got nothing to do with our record that I cringe about. What makes me cringe is No.1000000 on the list of things that you are a complete laughing stock for. Laughing stock for losing a game???. Have a look at the derby record between Hearts and Hibs and then say who is the laughing stock

If you had the record of Rangers or Celtic in the Cup, you would have the right to go on about us not winning it. Why; where do we sing about always winning the cup??

But you are Hearts. 3 Scottish Cups in 100 years and a complete and utter joke to the world of football now. To somehow claim the Scottish Cup is in anyway "your" cup is embarassing and completely cringeworthy. Again, where do we sing that it is our cup???? We just sing that it isn't yours.

I'll agree with it being better than some guff sang at derbies, especially the guff about Zemmama, but hey, that is Gorgie standard.
Wallace Mercer, Skacel refugee, numerous Graham Rix ones. No moral high ground from any club on what is sung at games.

Anyway, that's all from me on this. I didn't realise that so many hibs fans didn't bother about their cup run:wink:

God Petrie
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
The funniest story I've heard about the 0-7 humping was some jambo who was so enraged afterwards he started smashing up his own house and his wife had to phone the police on him. Someone should have told him we only got 2 points for it.

A bit unrelated but I've also heard there is a hibs scarf and 7-0 programme buried under the penalty spot at Tynie put there by some Hibs fans who were working there when the stadium was redeveloped. Not sure how true that is though but I hope it is because it would be hilarious.

Kato
05-01-2010, 04:23 PM
numerous Graham Rix ones.

Yeah, poor Graham.

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 04:27 PM
numerous Graham Rix ones

Hang on, we're not the ones who appointed him.

Hainan Hibs
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Anyway, that's all from me on this. I didn't realise that so many hibs fans didn't bother about their cup run:wink:

Thank the lord, dinnae hurry back.

Just read back through your post. The reasons for being a laughing stock have nothing to do with the derby record. I don't have enough time to list the reasons, but "Romanov Era" sums it up.

"Big Team Big Cup" conveys the idea that somehow it is yours. In any case, trying to slag off our record when yours is a fantastic 3 in 100 years isnae big or clever.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 04:35 PM
A bit unrelated but I've also heard there is a hibs scarf and 7-0 programme buried under the penalty spot at Tynie put there by some Hibs fans who were working there when the stadium was redeveloped. Not sure how true that is though but I hope it is because it would be hilarious.

I love this, like a 1973 time capsule :thumbsup:

If Vlad ever hears this it will be like an itch he can't scratch. But at least he'll have the perfect story for the Yam Deludes why there are bulldosers digging up Tynie later this year :wink:

New Corrie
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
It does bother me that we've not won the Scottish Cup for so long, and Hearts fans in general bother me, so much so that I hate them more than any other club by miles, and wish them nothing but bad things on them.

(((Fergus)))
05-01-2010, 05:09 PM
They called it the 'mystery virus' in the EEN at the time, as I recall.:violin::violin:

A strange disease that strikes whenever there's a big game coming up. You know it because of this strange sound, like broken glass, echoing in your ears.

A virus spread by the players playing together, sleeping together and crying together.

Hibster
05-01-2010, 05:41 PM
What a bizarre thread. Are people honestly trying to say they don't care about our terrible SC record, so much so that we should now start singing about it?? :confused:

When Aberdeen sing about sheep it works because they're taking ownership of a silly stereotype and making an amusing chant out of it. Us singing about our shameful SC losing streak and trying to make out we're not bothered about it - when we clearly should be - would just be embarassing imo

Hearts have every right to sing about it being 108 years - every club in the world would do the same if their city rivals had a similar record.

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 05:50 PM
What a bizarre thread. Are people honestly trying to say they don't care about our terrible SC record, so much so that we should now start singing about it?? :confused:

When Aberdeen sing about sheep it works because they're taking ownership of a silly stereotype and making an amusing chant out of it. Us singing about our shameful SC losing streak and trying to make out we're not bothered about it - when we clearly should be - would just be embarassing imo

Hearts have every right to sing about it being 108 years - every club in the world would do the same if their city rivals had a similar record.

If you can't poke fun at yourself, then who can you poke fun at? I have no intentions of getting the hankies out and having a good sob next time the Yams since their wee 1902 song - I just can't get that upset about it. I'll celebrate like there's no tomorrow if we ever win the damned thing, but I'm not giving them the pleasure of getting upset by it!

matty_f
05-01-2010, 05:56 PM

How upset can you be at not winning a cup? I've not waited 108 years to see us lift it! I get peed off when we get knocked out the cup, but no more so than when we get knocked out the CIS, or even get beat in the league.

I certainly don't spend any more time thinking about it than I do us not winning the league or the Champions League.

I'd love to win it, of course, but I'd love Hibs to win anything.

Baader
05-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Just watch out as many Yams have very selective memories when it comes to football history - the ones I know tend to come out with made up statistics concerning their club. Like having the best derby record in world football! Utter gash! Some simpleton outside The Royal Oak told me last week that Izale McLeod would score against us on the 3rd!! Offered him a price and he soon calmed doon. They have in my opinion overtaken Celtic in the paranoia stakes banging on about how the SFA and the media are out to get them. No-one really cares much for their laughable club least of all it seems their own fans - as evidenced by their continual indifference to the alarming state of affairs under the current Emperor's New Clothes regime.

Hibster
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
If you can't poke fun at yourself, then who can you poke fun at? I have no intentions of getting the hankies out and having a good sob next time the Yams since their wee 1902 song - I just can't get that upset about it. I'll celebrate like there's no tomorrow if we ever win the damned thing, but I'm not giving them the pleasure of getting upset by it!

Me too - them singing about it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But when it comes to the petty world of football chants, the fact that we've not won it for 108 years is prime wind-up material for them, and any rebuttle or "lets sing about it ourselves - that'll show 'em" just isn't going to work. can you imagine Liverpool supporters singing about how long its been since they've won the PL when playing against Man Utd?

Our SC record is terrible, they're going to sing about it, and that's that. Only way we're ever going to shut then up is if we win the bloody thing

Caversham Green
05-01-2010, 06:11 PM

So what you're saying here is 'it's someone else's fault'?

matty_f
05-01-2010, 06:23 PM
So what you're saying here is 'it's someone else's fault'?

Don't be daft, that line's never used by the Yams! :fibber:

skipster7
05-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Their attitude towards the cup makes me cringe and it is embarassing.:agree:
i remember singing" its magic you know, 36 years in a row" etc etc for a couple of years until they fluked the 98 win.
that was the worst bit about them winning it as that would have run and run:boo hoo:
:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Me too - them singing about it doesn't bother me in the slightest. But when it comes to the petty world of football chants, the fact that we've not won it for 108 years is prime wind-up material for them, and any rebuttle or "lets sing about it ourselves - that'll show 'em" just isn't going to work. can you imagine Liverpool supporters singing about how long its been since they've won the PL when playing against Man Utd?

Our SC record is terrible, they're going to sing about it, and that's that. Only way we're ever going to shut then up is if we win the bloody thing

Good post.

They do care more about this continuing than us though - that's why they mention something every time they post on kickback, on which the thread discussing this thread currently has many more posts than this one. If the jinx is ever lifted they'll be devastated - it's what they live for.

Diclonius
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM

We did that at Tynecastle IIRC.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-01-2010, 09:11 PM

Totally disagree. There is a huge difference between the two.

108 years for a top Scottish Club is soooo statistically improbable that it has moved way beyond the point of being embarrassing to being downright funny. Everyone in the Scottish game recognises it as being one of the biggest and most bizarre hoodoos in football, and IMHO Hibs fans now recognise it as such too. The Curse of Babe Ruth is nothing compared to Hibs attempts to win the SC. All the stories of what has happened since 1902 is hilarious - you just couldn't make it up.

Like every Hibby, I'll celebrate my head off when we win it. But equally, I have no problem poking fun at my own team until they do. Being self conscious about it hasn't exactly helped us :greengrin

bawheid
05-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Fear not chaps, this is our year!

:duck:

matty_f
05-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Good post.

They do care more about this continuing than us though - that's why they mention something every time they post on kickback, on which the thread discussing this thread currently has many more posts than this one. If the jinx is ever lifted they'll be devastated - it's what they live for.

:top marks

Mibbes Aye
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Lest we forget :agree:

There is some corner of Abyssinia that is forever maroon...

Rick Rude
05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
maybe we should just sing back 'you haven't been solvent since 1902' :greengrin

One Day Soon
05-01-2010, 10:35 PM

You've got to LOVE this line. Did they have flu in the first game when St Mirren tanked them? Or any one of the other games they could have done better in, thereby removing the need to go and get something at Dundee?

Only Kidd-ing.

Dashing Bob S
06-01-2010, 05:42 AM
The cup thing, as has been said by Matty and Danderhall amongst others, is more important to them than us. It has resonance because, as has been said, it's an improbable statistic.

Let's be honest about it, the Scottish Cup is a Mikey Mouse tournament (only losers like the Yams could refer to it as the 'big cup') and increasingly so. The League Cup is actually harder to win, as due to the SPL clubs being seeded there is less chance of avoiding one of the OF.

However, the poor stature of the trophy only makes it all the more embarrassing that we haven't won it, particularly when you look at some of the clubs who have done in this time. So the Yams have every right to rub it in, but I don't know a single Hibby who gets annoyed or upset about the dismal record, they just see it as a daft anomaly the game sometimes throws up. In fact there seems to be a perverse enjoyment building as the Yams gloating takes on increasingly more desperate levels every year. They've raised the stakes to the extent that if we did win it, you genuinely fear that there would be mass suicide in Gorgie, or at least deep depression as something that means so much to them would have been taken away.

For my point of view, I doubt I'd be appreciably drunk than if we won the LC again, and I'd certainly be far more more slaughtered if we had the major achievement for a non OF club, and won the League.

The Scottish Cup would probably be a buggins turn thing, whereby we would still have the crap record of three cup wins in 110 years or whatever it was. Outside the OF, A'deen in the eighties are the only team with a decent, sustained SC record.

Hearts took their debt up to 20 million to win it in the 90's, and now stand flirting with extinction at 40 million down for the price of a victory after penalties and extra time against a saloon bar team who no longer exist. They (rightly) celebrate our poor record far more than that embarrassment which is almost less than worthless in itself and only has value in relation to us.

I personally find the tiresome lazy journalism that starts with 'Queen Victoria was still on the throne, Buffalo Bill...' etc etc far more painful (as the clowns in question are pros and should know better than to actually think they are being witty and original) than any dull-witted Yam jibes.

mjhibby
06-01-2010, 09:49 AM

I think you just sum up the average hertz fan im afraid.The fact that hibs havent won the cup for 108 years when of course we have won the league cup 3 times which is played by the same teams and our first two wins got us into europe.Also i can assure you that the 7-0 annoys the hertz fans no end and im afraid the 108 years is but a mere irratation to hibs fans.The defeat at dens now is etched on everybodys mind and the great sir albert of kidd is now an immortal as he brought so much tears to those at the pbs.Dont think somehow 108 years bothers hibs fans to that extent eh.
When it comes to winding up the opposition fans hertz are poor in the extreme as seen by their hibbees are gay song(jr hartley anyone) and just makes them even more a laughing stock than they are already are.Indeed one such hertz buffoon on the scotsman pages said that only those outside the pbs and the media said hertz were a laughing stock.As richard littlejohn would say you couldnt make these supporters up if you tried.
Next they will be saying nade is a striker and it doeant take ten men and a forklift etc.:faf:

hfc rd
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Hearts might not be a football team in the next 5-6 years. With the amount of debt and losses they are gaining each season, they are just as ****ed up as Portsmouth currently are.

Exiled Hibby
07-01-2010, 12:05 PM
maybe we should sing

you didnae have flu
you didnae have flu

you just blew the league

you didnae have flu

:thumbsup:

Hibbie0762
07-01-2010, 02:46 PM
:agree:
i remember singing" its magic you know, 36 years in a row" etc etc for a couple of years until they fluked the 98 win.
that was the worst bit about them winning it as that would have run and run:boo hoo:
:wink:And fluke it they certainly did - as I recall, never played a team from the same Division or a tie away from home until the final against an ageing Rangers side on the point of breaking up. Also helped by getting a penalty which never was and Rangers not getting a stick-on penalty against McCoist which would have levelled the score at 2-2.

Plus in 2005 their only tricky tie was the semi-final against us and we could only turn out our third team on the day. They could still could only beat a now-defunct 2nd Div team on penalties after extra time in the final.

You need a bit of luck in the draw and on the park to win any cup and the Yams have certainly had more than their fair share over the years. But for such a big, big club, on a whole different level to Hibs, rivals now the big clubs of Europe etc etc, three Scottish Cups since the end of WW2 is not exactly what most people would call having a "special relationship" with the SC. The only special relationship which most Yams have is with their own delusions. Apart from the ones who have married their sisters, obviously :greengrin

sleeping giant
08-01-2010, 12:41 AM
maybe we should sing

you didnae have flu
you didnae have flu

you just blew the league

you didnae have flu

:thumbsup:

:faf:

:top marks