PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Announcer (Gets it tight)

deek68
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Following on from a thread earlier (Irvine Meadow Game) where the stadium announcer was slated for being a tad patronising:-

a) Who is the stadium announcer at ER?

b) Is he pi$h?

gackohibs
04-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Following on from a thread earlier (Irvine Meadow Game) where the stadium announcer was slated for being a tad patronising:-

b) Is he pi$h?

....and in his first game for hibs, number 21, graham stac"mith!

:faf:

Toaods
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
next up, it's WEE TINY LADDIE from the south of the city.

............................C'mon WEE TINY ADDIE

...........................1..............aww unlucky.

as wee laddie feels like he's run a marathon and hasnae got the stregth to stand up.

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 08:04 PM

b) Is he pi$h?
 Sure it's our ex goalie ..Gavin Pearson.He was there for years.Left but I'm he's back in.

tony higgins
04-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Does,nt he work for Radio Snide sorry Clyde or he used to.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM

b) Is he pi$h?

IMHO he's a complete waste of time. I hark for the days when the football fans used to provide the pre-match sing song & entertainment before the derby match. Now you have some idiot who's no more than an ESPN puppet telling the Hibs fans to " get your scarfs in the air" while he's playing another ill-timed Proclaimers ditty for the TV viewers. It is truly patronising and pathetic. I hate it. He rarely gets the mood of the stadium and just gets in the way of us having a good time. Sack him and save the money.

Is it any wonder there's little atmosphere at ER these days and Hibs fans haven't composed a decent, witty football song in the last...... well since the 70s.

Westie1875
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM

b) Is he pi$h?

A - Don't know
B - Yes

There was someone else on the tannoy for our home game against the sheep and he was miles better, not sure who that was either though.

Dibben
04-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Sure it's our ex goalie ..Gavin Pearson.He was there for years.Left but I'm he's back in.

I'm sure it is him, who certainly did work for clyde fm!

BH.

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
IMHO he's a complete waste of time. I hark for the days when the football fans used to provide the pre-match sing song & entertainment before the derby match. Now you have some idiot who's no more than an ESPN puppet telling the Hibs fans to " get your scarfs in the air" while he's playing another ill-timed Proclaimers ditty for the TV viewers. It is truly patronising and pathetic. I hate it. He rarely gets the mood of the stadium and just gets in the way of us having a good time. Sack him and save the money.

Is it any wonder there's little atmosphere at ER these days and Hibs fans haven't composed a decent, witty football song in the last...... well since the 70s.

:top marks

Barney McGrew
04-01-2010, 08:18 PM
If you think Gavin Pearson is bad, then you've not been to the PBS recently with Scott Wilson doing the honours or listened to Andy 'The Hun' Cameron at Ibrox :wink:

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM

Is it any wonder there's little atmosphere at ER these days and Hibs fans haven't composed a decent, witty football song in the last...... well since the 70s.I know it was Pearson till recently ..Left but came back soon afterwards.Radio Forth,then Clyde ...Deffo a Hibby though.One footed left footed left back.Enthusiastic but crap so we put him in goals.:greengrin

Hanny
04-01-2010, 08:19 PM

That made me cringe :grr:

I'm_cabbaged
04-01-2010, 08:23 PM
We have a winner. :greengrin

bawheid
04-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Now you have some idiot who's no more than an ESPN puppet telling the Hibs fans to " get your scarfs in the air" while he's playing another ill-timed Proclaimers ditty for the TV viewers.

Sheesh, I had managed to wipe that from my memory. Oozing cringe etc..

Fair enough play Sunshine on Leith before the derby...but to then bark orders at the fans over the top of it? Who does he think he is!

If it was up to me there would be no music in the 10 mins before kick off, save for maybe SoL just prior to kick off for the really big games. Let the fans build the atmosphere. There's a time and place for Roll With It, but ER 10 mins before the New Year derby isn't it.

Sack him and save the money.

If it's a choice between the stadium announcer and Ian Murray, stick some of the cash towards Nid.

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2010, 08:29 PM
It almost made me want to MAKE SOME NOISE.

Shrekko
04-01-2010, 08:35 PM

Totally agree.

I'm sure someone will be on any minute saying how pathetic it is to be slating the announcer but this guy is an absolute embarrassment to Hibs.

As you say, he just does not understand his role nor the mood of the fans- nothing he ever does gets the crowd going while a lot gets you cringing, e.g. tempting fate, being patronising, trying in vain to be funny, and worst of all just speaking for the sake of it- how many times did we get the Man U v Leeds score on Sunday? He always seems to think we need his comments on scores and players.

I'm sure he doesnt get paid (but I'm sure having his ego massaged is compensation enough) but even still they should get rid asap.

The Baldmans Comb
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Totally agree.

I'm sure someone will be on any minute saying how pathetic it is to be slating the announcer but this guy is an absolute embarrassment to Hibs.

As you say, he just does not understand his role nor the mood of the fans- nothing he ever does gets the crowd going while a lot gets you cringing, e.g. tempting fate, being patronising, trying in vain to be funny, and worst of all just speaking for the sake of it- how many times did we get the Man U v Leeds score on Sunday? He always seems to think we need his comments on scores and players.

I'm sure he doesnt get paid (but I'm sure having his ego massaged is compensation enough) but even still they should get rid asap.

He is awful and gave out the Man Utd v Leeds score 3 maybe 4 times with great gusto and effect and couldn't seem to understand that it wasn't really of much interest to many.

Mouthing over 'Sunshine on Leith' was every bit as cringeworthy.:bye:

Bob1875
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hes pish, his voice does my nut. HT "entertainment" needs a right good shake up at ER. So does the tannoy system mind you. Get some Cheerleaders in once in a while.

WindyMiller
04-01-2010, 08:50 PM
If it's a choice between the stadium announcer and Ian Murray, stick some of the cash towards Nid.

It takes so long for Ian to warm up nowadays he'd have no time to read out the teams.:agree:

oconnors_strip
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
i sit in the front row of the east stand cant hear a word he says so thank god i didnt hear his pish during sunshine on leith. cringing just at the thought of it.

fair enough he is a hibee but he is rubbish.

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Hes pish, his voice does my nut. HT "entertainment" needs a right good shake up at ER. So does the tannoy system mind you. Get some Cheerleaders in once in a while.

:bye:Now thats cringeworthy.

Wembley67
04-01-2010, 09:02 PM
For christ sake. What kind of entertainment do you lot actually want? It's a fitbaw match, who bloody needs half time entertainment anyway.

Moan about anything some people.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 09:08 PM
For christ sake. What kind of entertainment do you lot actually want? It's a fitbaw match, who bloody needs half time entertainment anyway.

I'm with you :top marks

Or was it another requirement of the Taylor Report to stop us all pissing against the walls and knocking nine bells out of each other :grr: ?

Gatecrasher
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM

the guy was just trying to get the fans up for it

IMO he does a no bad job

moaning for the sake of it

Ed De Gramo
04-01-2010, 09:13 PM

libernian
04-01-2010, 09:46 PM

maybe get the proclaimers in or summit. basshunter dj set, something actually entertaining. can they no get something properly entertaining, an egg fight or sumthin funny.

magpie1892
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM
If you think Gavin Pearson is bad, then you've not been to the PBS recently with Scott Wilson doing the honours or listened to Andy 'The Hun' Cameron at Ibrox :wink:

Cameron is insultingly bad but... Scott Wilson is, IMHO, very good at what he does.

Gavin Pearson - don't know how long he's been back but that was his squeaky voice yeserday - is an utter weapon.

Ed De Gramo
04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
maybe get the proclaimers in or summit. basshunter dj set, something actually entertaining. can they no get something properly entertaining, an egg fight or sumthin funny.

Why?

it's only 15 mins! besides most people are away q'ing for a pie or a p!sh...

woody47
04-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Get the Scottish Rockets cheerleaders (I think thats their name). They always start before Scotland games at Hampden and they would really get the crowd going. Not sure what they have to do with football but when you see them you really just dont care :thumbsup:

bawheid
04-01-2010, 10:06 PM
it's only 15 mins! besides most people are away q'ing for a pie or a p!sh...

Exactly. So why do we need pish blaring out at us for 15 minutes before kick off?

Get someone to read out the teams a couple of times before kick off, announce the subs, and tell us the scores at HT/FT and I'd be happy.

I'll decide when I put my scarf in the air! :greengrin

WindyMiller
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I liked it when Bandparts supplied the records that were played (no too loudly that it stopped us singing in the cave though).

Shrekko
04-01-2010, 10:28 PM

I think you're missing the point- thats exactly what the 'moaners' are complaining about. We dont want 'entertainment' full stop- you're right, it's a fitbaw match, we dinnae need a a wee twerp instructing us over a tannoy to be doing anything.

Speedway
04-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I know it was Pearson till recently ..Left but came back soon afterwards.Radio Forth,then Clyde ...Deffo a Hibby though.One footed left footed left back.Enthusiastic but crap so we put him in goals.:greengrin

So, Maka or Pearson?

Removed
04-01-2010, 10:37 PM

One of my earliest memories of going to the fitba is at half time a bloke would come running out the tunnel across the pitch then a polis man would run out after him, let his dog off and it would chase him and bring him down.

Now that was real entertainment :agree: and just shows there could be a role at ER for Makalambay after all :cool2:

sleeping giant
04-01-2010, 10:39 PM
One of my earliest memories of going to the fitba is at half time a bloke would come running out the tunnel across the pitch then a polis man would run out after him, let his dog off and it would chase him and bring him down.

Now that was real entertainment :agree: and just shows there could be a role at ER for Makalambay after all :cool2:

Just noticed your age :faf::faf:
No way :bitchy:

Removed
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM

:lips seal

tony higgins
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM

Dressed as a Michelin Man and wearing a Hannibal Lector facemask.

We had strange childhoods.

ArabHibee
04-01-2010, 10:53 PM

Hard paper round.

Apparently.

:tee hee:

tony higgins
04-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Thought i saw the army once firing a cannon and what seemed like grenades.
Thing is, nobody told you anything, maybe it was all in the programme.

ArabHibee
04-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Thought i saw the army once firing a cannon and what seemed like grenades.
Thing is, nobody told you anything, maybe it was all in the programme.

Think you're getting mixed up. That probably happened at the PBS to be honest. They did win the war and all that, you know.

Removed
04-01-2010, 11:04 PM
Hard paper round.

Apparently.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

So as we've not seen you at ER since the Motherwell game, I take it the new avatar is a personal statement since you've had nothing to do except surf the net and eat for 3 weeks :tee hee:

Scotthibs1875
04-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Graham is that you?

Toaods
04-01-2010, 11:47 PM
have to admit, I did enjoy the indepth interview with Fletcher at half-time. Managed to squeeze as many questions in as he did with JJ....:wink:

--------
05-01-2010, 01:11 AM
We have a winner. :greengrin

Hey - I'd far rather we tarred and feathered the PA plook on a regular basis than made scapegoats out of the players.

Actually, a good tarring and feathering in the centre circle pre-match might be just the thing to get everyone in a good mood..... :devil: