PDA

View Full Version : Yams Biggest result of season so far..

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 03:23 PM
.. for the Yams :agree:

Reading the press coverage, player comments, and some of the headlines from their website, this 1-1 draw with the Famous Hibees is a major milestone in their recovery to mid-table mediocrity. For a club that openly declared themselves to be out of our league and moving into the higher echelons of British football, this more than anything cracks me up.

They are a joke of a club, and even their little ditties about 1902 make me laugh :greengrin

CheesyHibby
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM
aye but even though they're NINE POINTS BEHIND US WHEN WE STILL HAVE A GAME IN HAND, their recent spell of unbelievable luck will mean they are above us by the end of January, don't you know? AHAHAHAHA

Northfield Hibby
04-01-2010, 03:30 PM

Reading the press coverage, player comments, and some of the headlines from their website, this 1-1 draw with the Famous Hibees is a major milestone in their recovery to mid-table mediocrity. For a club that openly declared themselves to be out of our league and moving into the higher echelons of British football, this more than anything cracks me up.

They are a joke of a club, and even their little ditties about 1902 make me laugh :greengrin

Exactly, big team my erse. You'd have thought they had won the game and moved up to 3rd in the league. They've managed a draw, still sit 5th in the league, 9 points behind us, with us having a game in hand. Have a look over on 'brokeback', they are delighted with the result and now think that our bubbles burst. They've gone from playing in the champions league in front of 51,000 people in a brand new stadium, with world cup stars in their side to celebrating a draw against us. How the big team have fallen eh!!!:faf:

Sas_The_Hibby
04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Remember they clearly deserved to win yesterday, too, accoring to Csaba.

I think some of them believe that, after three rather flukey wins on the trot, they're yet again Scotland's third force.............

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
The only way to shut them up is to keep on winning. We've stuttered lately so we really need to get back to winning ways asap.

GloryGlory
04-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Never fails to amaze me that the BIG team always celebrates draws against the wee team as if they had won the league!!! Must be the BIG team mentality.

I've never felt other than disappointed with a draw against the Yams. But then I'm just a Hobo peg selling wee teamer, eh? :wink:

Northfield Hibby
04-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Never fails to amaze me that the BIG team always celebrates draws against the wee team as if they had won the league!!! Must be the BIG team mentality.

I've never felt other than disappointed with a draw against the Yams. But then I'm just a Hobo peg selling wee teamer, eh? :wink:

Changed days indeed!

A think that they are still happy to be in existence at the mo, so any sort of result against us must give them a cheap thrill!!!!

Big Team my arse!!!

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
How many games has it been since El Pinkos Paedos have beaten us in the League?

iwasthere1972
04-01-2010, 04:28 PM

For the first time in my life I agree with the Yams. A draw at the Leith San Siro is a much bigger achievement than anything they did in the Champions League.

I also agree that they are all A list tossers.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Lets be fair here lads.

They haven't beat us in league football since 1998.

If memory serves, they have beaten us once in the last nine.

They are hilarious:agree:

Crab apple
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Their biggest games of the season are in the two cups. I hope the Dons take care of them on Saturday. I expect the current nine point gap in the league between us and the deluded ones to at least be maintained until the end of the season and more likely to be much wider.

LamontHFC©
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Lets be fair here lads.

They haven't beat us in league football since 1998.

If memory serves, they have beaten us once in the last nine.

They are hilarious:agree:

What do you mean by that?

chorley_fm
04-01-2010, 10:08 PM
That was their cup final, thats why they were delighted with a point.

Hibs - Gutted to drop 2 points
Yams - Delighted not to have been beaten

Thats the difference

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
What do you mean by that?

oops. my bad.

getting my 19s and 20s mixed up!!!

Don't try typing with a 3week old baby crashed on your shoulder!!!
:greengrin

:hnet:

majorhibs
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM

Aye, the big team moved ahead of us ages ago, although their comments about 108/9 years etc are totally valid as they keep us in our place, not in their league, same as 7-0 or 6-2 etc is just wee teamers dwelling in the past, however, reference to Sir Albert Kidd, my man of the last century, for his exploits against what was then diddy wee mcdonald and jardines thugs (how times change, eh?) lets face it Sir Alberts feats are immortal, and no derby should pass without the great man being mentioned, also special mention to the supporting cast, never in the field of human conflict have so many been spotted weeping on the terraces of Dens Park and up the town the same night in just about every boozer while said muppets were greetin' in the corner while us Hibbies danced on tables in the middle of said establishments, bringing about the funniest occasion of the last century, which was the big team blowing it like only a BIG team could, if you were in Edinburgh the 6 weeks leading up to that shower of muppets (the supporters) lording it over their upcoming "wins" (they blew the league and then the Scottish Cup) you will know that there really is a God! :wink: :thumbsup: :agree: :greengrin

Hibs7
05-01-2010, 12:15 PM
What planet is this tube on, he is now just a typical head in the sand, slavering neanderthal Jambo like the other 400,000 of them.

"If you saw the game, we must win, definitely. This was an easy game to win and we had a lot of chances, especially in the second half.

"There was one chance for Hibernian and one goal in the second half.

"We started the game very comfortably; we didn't make too many mistakes. If you take a point in the derby away from home, it's okay.

"We need strikers and we need more confidence for the young guys, who tried to do their best. If we can get maybe two strikers, I think we can reach our season target.

"The referee gave two red cards, we must accept that he was nearer the situation. I can't comment on the situation but I didn't see anything. I don't know what happened."

Mary Hinge
05-01-2010, 12:27 PM
What planet is this tube on, he is now just a typical head in the sand, slavering neanderthal Jambo like the other 400,000 of them.

"If you saw the game, we must win, definitely. This was an easy game to win and we had a lot of chances, especially in the second half.

"There was one chance for Hibernian and one goal in the second half.

"We started the game very comfortably; we didn't make too many mistakes. If you take a point in the derby away from home, it's okay.

"We need strikers and we need more confidence for the young guys, who tried to do their best. If we can get maybe two strikers, I think we can reach our season target.

"The referee gave two red cards, we must accept that he was nearer the situation. I can't comment on the situation but I didn't see anything. I don't know what happened."

I like Shabby, but he's lost the plot totally now :agree:

He tends tae slaver like a poacher's dug more often than not :greengrin