PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Go This Window?

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I can't see Rod freeing up more wages to bring in new players unless we can shed some personnel, use others as transfer makeweights. It would be a shame to lose some fringe players and weaken the general pool, but we might have to do this to strengthen our notional 'first eleven'.

I don't take the view that we are a stick-on for 3rd place. United will find it hard to replace Levein, but they might rally with another manager. The Yams are more likely to grind out 1-0 wins than suffer 0-1 defeats, but I reckon the Sheep will be strong the second half of the season. So more quality is needed.

PISTOL1875
04-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Lewis Stevenson could be a candidate to go.. He has hardly featured and by the looks of it , he won't be getting a chance for a wee while yet...

GlesgaeHibby
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Maka
McCormack
Thicot
Cregg

4 wages that it's currently pointless paying.

Hibbyradge
04-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Bamba

whereswallace?
04-01-2010, 02:57 PM
I think we could see the last of players like Thicot,Stevenson and possibly even Cregg.

bingo70
04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Thicot is bound to leave soon, he's miles down the pecking order for both defence and midfield, can't see any way he'll get a game at any point soon.

Know not everyone agreed but i think there is a decent player in there if he can get a run of games and build up some confidence, can't see it being at us though.

Cocaine&Caviar
04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I would like to see one of Stevenson or Hanlon go out on loan, Hanlon would benefit from the experience gained, and Stevenson would benefit from a run of games to gain some form. Both would do a job at a higher Div1 side so there would be a host of takers i would imagine.

Makalambay should be held on to until the summer just incase of injury.

If we were to keep hold of Bamba, I would imagine that Thicot would be out if we had another CB come in. If we could get a fee for Benji id take it, but apart from that i think the likes of McCormack and Cregg still have a part to play as squad players...

Sir David Gray
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
I'm not too sure that anyone will be allowed to leave this month.

Hughes has already gone on record as saying that he wants three or four goalkeepers so I don't think Makalambay will be off and Thicot will probably be required to be on the bench whilst Bamba is away.

The only one that might be allowed to leave is Lewis Stevenson. He hasn't really featured at all so far this season and I think that if a club shows any interest in him then I don't think Hibs will be too hard to deal with.

Other than that, I can't see anyone else moving on.

CheesyHibby
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Cregg is a funny one, Yogi signs him and then doesn't play him? Instead he plays Rankin, who must be one of the most infuriating players. Yesterday, he kept putting in great challenges then giving the ball away to a maroon turd. ....Anyway, back to Cregg, I would like to see him start on Saturday and kept for a run of games should he play well.

sixtwo
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I think Maka, Thicot, Benji will be allowed to go on frees. Maybe a wee fee for Benji but I doubt we'll be stubborn about it.

I'll be gutted if Sol Bamba goes but if we are offered silly money (£2.5m+) we'll probably take it.

There may be interest for Murray, Miller and Stokes, but i think we will rebuff all advances!

GlesgaeHibby
04-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm not too sure that anyone will be allowed to leave this month.

Hughes has already gone on record as saying that he wants three or four goalkeepers so I don't think Makalambay will be off and Thicot will probably be required to be on the bench whilst Bamba is away.

The only one that might be allowed to leave is Lewis Stevenson. He hasn't really featured at all so far this season and I think that if a club shows any interest in him then I don't think Hibs will be too hard to deal with.

Other than that, I can't see anyone else moving on.

Stevenson has featured more than Thicot this season.

Andy74
04-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I don't think January is really the time to be releasing people. We need the cover until others arrive.

I think players will only go out if they are makeweights for people coming in.

jacomo
04-01-2010, 03:34 PM
Cregg is a funny one, Yogi signs him and then doesn't play him? Instead he plays Rankin, who must be one of the most infuriating players. Yesterday, he kept putting in great challenges then giving the ball away to a maroon turd. ....Anyway, back to Cregg, I would like to see him start on Saturday and kept for a run of games should he play well.

Signed him, played him every game, then Miller comes in and Cregg doesn't get another sniff.

It's a weird one, I agree... I would have thought he'd have been a contender against the Yams, for his workrate if nothing else.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Stevenson has featured more than Thicot this season.

Yes I know he has, the number of appearances that Thicot has made this season in comparison with Stevenson wasn't a factor in whether I think he will stay or go.

As I said in my previous post, the fact that Bamba is away for the best part of the next month means that the defence needs to be restructured and it means that Thicot will probably be required to be at least on the bench.

For that reason alone, I cannot see Hughes allowing Thicot to go this month, unless of course we bring someone else in first, like Russell Anderson perhaps.

Stevenson, on the other hand, is very unlikely to get into our midfield, with the likes of Miller, Zemmama and McBride all being first picks and also Rankin and Cregg probably both being ahead of him when it comes to back up options as well.

Hibernian Verse
04-01-2010, 03:47 PM
We just signed a new goalkeeper without letting anyone goal (that we know of) so Rod must be reasonably flexible. Let's not judge him until Feb 1st.

James70
04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I would like to see one of Stevenson or Hanlon go out on loan, Hanlon would benefit from the experience gained, and Stevenson would benefit from a run of games to gain some form. Both would do a job at a higher Div1 side so there would be a host of takers i would imagine.

Makalambay should be held on to until the summer just incase of injury.

If we were to keep hold of Bamba, I would imagine that Thicot would be out if we had another CB come in. If we could get a fee for Benji id take it, but apart from that i think the likes of McCormack and Cregg still have a part to play as squad players...

Hanlon has already had a lengthy loan spell with St Johnstone and if Bamba goes he will be at the head of the queue to replace him, according to Yogi anyway! Can't see a long term future for Stevenson at ER and if he goes on loan it could be to pave the way for a permanent transfer. If we bring in yet another keeper then Maka will be on his way.

NOLA
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
i think Thicot will be offski sooner than later, with currie going on loan, think we will keep lewis, like to see Byrne on loan though.

The_Horde
04-01-2010, 03:54 PM
i think Thicot will be offski sooner than later, with currie going on loan, think we will keep lewis, like to see Byrne on loan though.

He already is no?

BEEJ
04-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Bamba
:agree:

With Maka and Benji as possibilities.

Thicot is bound to leave soon, he's miles down the pecking order for both defence and midfield, can't see any way he'll get a game at any point soon.

Know not everyone agreed but i think there is a decent player in there if he can get a run of games and build up some confidence, can't see it being at us though.
:agree: Hope he gets a chance.

BEEJ
04-01-2010, 03:56 PM
He already is no?
Stenhousemuir for the month of January (with Sean Welsh as well).

Vini1875
04-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Byrne needs to go out on loan to get game time if Yogi won't play him. Of those mentioned I would only like to see Thicot going.

FWIW I doubt we will lose any players unless it is a silly money offer. I still hope to see a couple come in though. Big, physical guys with a bit of steel about them. Matty Jack style.

NOLA
04-01-2010, 04:25 PM
He already is no?

yes, poorly written by me ,should have said 'already':greengrin

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
I think Maka, Thicot, Benji will be allowed to go on frees. Maybe a wee fee for Benji but I doubt we'll be stubborn about it.

I'll be gutted if Sol Bamba goes but if we are offered silly money (£2.5m+) we'll probably take it.

There may be interest for Murray, Miller and Stokes, but i think we will rebuff all advances!

I doubt Benji will be allowed to leave. He's shown Yogi he can be a brilliant impact sub.

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2010, 06:22 PM
well were 4 days into the window and no rumours yet?

sahib
04-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Byrne needs to go out on loan to get game time if Yogi won't play him. Of those mentioned I would only like to see Thicot going.

FWIW I doubt we will lose any players unless it is a silly money offer. I still hope to see a couple come in though. Big, physical guys with a bit of steel about them. Matty Jack style.

I can't see Rod tolerating too many players hanging around the place gobbling corn and contributing nothing.

Dibben
04-01-2010, 07:16 PM
i agree with Andy74, don't think any players will leave unless there is cash involved or used as a makeweight! As otherwise, we'll prob have to pay up their contract in compensation, so i'd rather have them in squad until the summer!

But to me, the likely candidates to go are:

Stevenson
Thicot
Cregg
Maka
Benji

Potentially Byrne on loan.

BH.

WindyMiller
04-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Stenhousemuir for the month of January (with Sean Welsh as well).

Questionable how much football they'll get this moth if the weather holds up.

I'd assume they'd continue training with us as often as possible though.

allmodcons
04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
If Yogi's pairing Hogg and Murray at CB why would he want to let Lewis Stevenson go when he's the only cover we have at LB for Hanlon who, incidentally, has been a bit ropey at times this season.

Shrekko
04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
If Yogi's pairing Hogg and Murray at CB why would he want to let Lewis Stevenson go when he's the only cover we have at LB for Hanlon who, incidentally, has been a bit ropey at times this season.

I think Yogi is trying to get another centre half in which would give us Murray and Hanlon as options at left back. Stevenson IMO offers nothing but mediocrity (at this level) in 2 or 3 positions and is never going to be a regular at Hibs if we can continue progressing- he should get himself a move asap to keep his career moving forward. I agree though that if we dont sign a CH Stevenson may need to be kept in this window to cover injuries and suspensions.

I'd be dissapointed to see Thicot go in this window but if he hasnt made the breakthrough soon he'll surely be looking to move on himself.

Bamba will go if the price is right and I'm sure Maka would be moved on if the chance presented itself.

Other than that and sending 1 or 2 young lads out on loan, I cant really see anyone else leaving.

silverhibee
05-01-2010, 12:44 AM
Bamba
Murray
Riordan.
:greengrin:dizzy::faf:

sixtwo
05-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I doubt Benji will be allowed to leave. He's shown Yogi he can be a brilliant impact sub.

:bitchy:

500miles
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Benji, Makalamby, Thicot.

Speedway
05-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Hogg, Murray, Bamba, Maka, Cregg, Stevenson, Thicot, Byrne, Benji and Nish could all be reasonable targets to go whether by loan or permanent deal.

brydekirk
05-01-2010, 02:17 PM
dont think maka will be going anywhere. stacks injury is worse than some think. he will be lucky if he plays again this season.

Forza Fred
05-01-2010, 02:31 PM
There is no point in 'letting players go' for the sake of it as we will have to pay their contrcts out to the end of the season anyway.

Bama appears the only serious candidate, but of course that depends on whether a bid comes in for him, and no doubt his agent is working furiously behind the scens touting him.

Liam Miller hsn't been here long enough I'd say, but I reckon he'll be looking to pastures new eventually.

As for Maka, well, who would want him?

Interesting interview I read with Deek a week or so ago where seemed to praise not only the Celtic fans, but also the Rangers fans...makes one wonder as to possible future intentions.....

hibsbollah
05-01-2010, 05:16 PM

:bitchy:

Dunno what the funny face is for. Benji came on and won us the game with a diving header first game of the season, and won and converted the pen that gave us a 1-0 win against Killie in October.