Thank god he's back.

:top marks

The_Horde
04-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Are you joking?

He'll never make it at Hibs, the Falkirk fans hated him. :grr:

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Thank god he's back.I usually spot players from other teams that I rate. I've seen him almost as many times as we've played Falkirk...And he slipped under my radar.

matty_f
04-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I usually spot players from other teams that I rate. I've seen him almost as many times as we've played Falkirk...And he slipped under my radar.

Same here. I couldn't have told you what sort of a player he was when he was at Falkirk, but he's been brilliant at Hibs.

Delighted he's back and hopefully he'll slot in beside Miller to renew the most effective midfield partnership we've had this season.

CheesyHibby
04-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Fantastic news. Not quite sure what was exactly wrong with him but we have really missed his grit in our midfield of late. Dare I say it...a sort of kind of Matty Jack type role? :hide:

MyJo
04-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Player of the season so far for me and badly missed in the last two games :agree:

Cornerstone of our team IMO

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
I thought you could see straight away the difference he makes, when he came on yesterday. He gets right in their faces, and when he wins the ball, he keeps it simple, but makes sure we retain the ball. Glad he's back. Plus i always thought he was a good player.:wink:

Leithenhibby
04-01-2010, 03:14 PM
I thought you could see straight away the difference he makes, when he came on yesterday. He gets right in their faces, and when he wins the ball, he keeps it simple, but makes sure we retain the ball. Glad he's back. Plus i always thought he was a good player.:wink:

:agree: he has been a big loss for us in recent weeks..almost a new signing, links up brilliantly with Miller.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Happy to admit, knew nothing about this lad when he arrived and immediate impression was that he was another midfield lightweight. Couldn't have been more wrong, outstanding signing. Is a calming influence in midfield, good positional sense, links well with Miller and makes a huge diff to the shape of our play. Welcome back KMcB :agree:

Baw187
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I have worried that he woudn't come back as good as he was following the injury but for the short time he was on yesterday he di calm things down for us by getting his foot on the ball.

Rankin has done ok IMO but unfortunately for him McBride is better.

The_Horde
04-01-2010, 03:19 PM

I think the first thing he did was double up with Miller on Nade and win us the ball. :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
04-01-2010, 07:39 PM
The difference when he came on only served to highligh why we had such a good defensive record which has looked much less secure when he was out - he protects so well.

Also he did more talking / shouting / demanding workrate from others in the time he was on than anyone who was on the full match - it will also allow Miller to get back further forward where his final pass has been missed reducing chances

Player of the first half of the season by a long way

Westie1875
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Future Hibernian captain IMO :agree:

Zimmy
04-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Great to see him back, :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
04-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Fantastic news. Not quite sure what was exactly wrong with him but we have really missed his grit in our midfield of late. Dare I say it...a sort of kind of Matty Jack type role? :hide:

The tackle the Sheep got the straight red for.

When MacGoo said it was barely a foul, IIRC.