PDA

View Full Version : hibs- platform

brydekirk
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
smith tells sky sports he hopes hibs will be a good platfom for a return back down south. :grr:

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Very good, from a guy that cannae get a game for Brighton who let goals in for fun.

Who is aiming to go to? Accrington Stanley?

Petrie's Tache
04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
smith tells sky sports he hopes hibs will be a good platfom for a return back down south. :grr:

I for one do not see a problem with this. If we are percieved to be a club you can get a big move away from, this might encourage others to come who may not otherwise. I would love us to adopt the Ajax mentaility of bringing through youth to sell and also giving experieced "good" pros a platform to move on. If we play the right way and get press for doing it, surely it can only be good?

James70
04-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Not exactly the way to endear yourself to the fans of your new club, who is to say he will even be first choice keeper after the transfer window closes and once Stack is fit again.

iwasthere1972
04-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Nothing wrong with that. At least he has ambitions. Maybe he's been speaking to Rob Jones. :tin hat:

H18sry
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Very good, from a guy that cannae get a game for Brighton who let goals in for fun.

Who are they :devil:

Hibbyradge
04-01-2010, 11:20 AM

Who are they :devil:

Exactly. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=H18sry;2297120]

Exactly. :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgYP1d5nN2o

Classic ad. :agree:

The_Horde
05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
As far as i'm aware all he said was a platform to get playing again.

Or something like that?

matty_f
05-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I for one do not see a problem with this. If we are percieved to be a club you can get a big move away from, this might encourage others to come who may not otherwise. I would love us to adopt the Ajax mentaility of bringing through youth to sell and also giving experieced "good" pros a platform to move on. If we play the right way and get press for doing it, surely it can only be good?

:top marks

Golden Bear
05-01-2010, 02:46 PM

He should have engaged his brain before his mouth.

Silence is sometimes golden and this remark would have been best left "unsaid".

steakbake
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Fair play. If he wants his big money move, he'll need to prove himself. I'm quite happy for folk to come to Hibs, play out of their skins and move on. I'm happy for him to prove himself on our watch. Reality.

Golden Bear
05-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Fair play. If he wants his big money move, he'll need to prove himself. I'm quite happy for folk to come to Hibs, play out of their skins and move on. I'm happy for him to prove himself on our watch. Reality.

Reality yes, but he's not exactly endeared himself to a lot of fans.

It's not the most diplomatic thing to say when you've joined a new club.

sleeping giant
05-01-2010, 02:56 PM

You got a link for that ?
I dont think he did say that TBH !
No offence to you likes:greengrin

Platform for playing again was how i took it:agree:

greenlex
05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Reality yes, but he's not exactly endeared himself to a lot of fans.

He's a keeper. He will get it tight in any case. :wink:

Zondervan
05-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Try applying some context when you post:

"Hopefully Hibs will be a great platform for me. I would not rule out going back to England one day but I have landed on my feet only six months after I left Scotland"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_5830744,00.html

truehibernian
05-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Stokes said much the same when he came and fair play to them too. England is where most top footballers want to cut it, and if they get there by hard work, good form, and great Hibs performances, they also earn Hibs a small fortune along the way. Don't really see the offence if the player does want to use Hibs as a good platform to present his ability (given the chance) to bigger clubs and for better deals. Shows that he is not here just to pick up a wage and relax IMO.

Golden Bear
05-01-2010, 03:00 PM
He's a keeper. He will get it tight in any case. :wink:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this scurrilous rumour was started by a Maka fan

:wink::greengrin

Golden Bear
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM

"Hopefully Hibs will be a great platform for me. I would not rule out going back to England one day but I have landed on my feet only six months after I left Scotland"

Ah ha - this throws a different perspective on things!

The OP must be a Maka fan after all.

:greengrin

ancient hibee
05-01-2010, 03:03 PM
I know I should be used to it by now but why do people claiming to be supporters make up stories to do down our own players?

Jonnyboy
05-01-2010, 03:05 PM

So basically the OP only read the following words from that quote

"Hibs will be a great platform for me going back to England"

Jeezo :bitchy:

Our keepers get enough flak without folk starting stories like this

As you say Zondervan, context would have been nice :agree:

joe breezy
05-01-2010, 03:08 PM
You cannae believe a word of the papers, especially headlines which almost always seem to take things right out of context

(((Fergus)))
05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Regardless of context, the word "platform" is a very interesting one to choose. I wonder what train he is waiting for, for example.

sixtwo
05-01-2010, 03:56 PM
He could have endeared himself to the hibs support and showed he is ambitious at the same time by saying he wants to establish himself as a first team regular, recapture his top form, win things and break into the scottish set up again:agree:

I don't have any issues with what he actually said, but I think he could have and should have chose his words more carefully.

sixtwo
05-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I might be wrong but I have just looked at the OP's posting history and I strongly suspect he is a jambo.

Not one reference to ''us'' and a number of posts that are designed to get some sort of rise out of hibs fans.

His posts are suspiciously like my ones on Brokeback. I'd be careful when dealing with the OP...........wear gloves if you are going to launch it.:thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2010, 04:05 PM
IIRC Ulrik Larsen was up front about seeing Hibs as a stepping stone to bigger things when he signed.

There's honesty and there's tact. Sometimes the players are on a hiding to nothing - the fans often want transparency but dont always like what they hear. So understandable when players come out with vague and meaningless clichés rendering interviews pointless.

sixtwo
05-01-2010, 04:34 PM
No need for the the twat comment. I am just saying your posting history is suspicious and this thread topic is completely stinking of that of a yam!:wink:

steakbake
05-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Is it a bit like calling someone your "current" girlfriend?

Hibernian Verse
05-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Would any of you guys think differently if you were him? He has aspirations to give it another go down south which, incidentally, is where the money is and the big moves are.

--------
05-01-2010, 04:50 PM

You cannae believe a word of the papers, especially headlines which almost always seem to take things right out of context

It ain't the papers that's the problem here - it's an OP that leaves out all the relevant information regarding context in order to do down one of our players.

He missed out THIS bit as well: "I am happy at Hibs - this is a better club than Brighton with better facilities. The infrastructure is as good as the big two in Scotland."

The lad hasn't signed up for the rest of his career - so I'd guess that 'platform' means he's looking for a place to play football and display his talents where he'll do well enough to get a bigger and better contract later on - either fom us or from someone else.

I smell Jambo-OP, frankly. :devil:

The_Todd
05-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Fail.

Wilson
05-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Is it a bit like calling someone your "current" girlfriend?

She is just a platform until I can get one who isn't inflatable.

Oscar Lomax
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
He seem's a bit cocky to me. On Sunday I certainly was not immpresed by him. Think he has to prove himself to Hibernian FIRST before he starts shouting his mouth off about going down south again!

Baw187
05-01-2010, 05:02 PM
She is just a platform until I can get one who isn't inflatable.

:faf:

lapsedhibee
05-01-2010, 05:24 PM
He seem's a bit cocky to me. On Sunday I certainly was not immpresed by him. Think he has to prove himself to Hibernian FIRST before he starts shouting his mouth off about going down south again!

Aye, howler for the goal.

blackhibee
05-01-2010, 06:30 PM

Except that nowadays Ajax are pretty pish in comparison to what they were in the 70's. Somewhere they are going wrong big time, it's years since they've done anything in Europe.

Bostonhibby
05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Cannae get my head roond this one, The only folk who would even contemplating talking about platforms 35 years after they were fashionable are those style gurus - Yams :wink:

truehibernian
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Their national side are rubbish though eh :wink: The Dutch are miles and miles ahead nationally when it comes to youth football and academy structures. Money is the only reason that Ajax and fellow Dutch clubs are not holding onto their talents and they will continue to nurture talent better than anyone in Europe because they invest heavily in youth football and coaching.

blackhibee
05-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Well to me he's got a better chance of playing European football with Hibs than either Brighton & Hove Albion or Accrington Stanley! If he's no bothered about playing international football and is just in it for the money then as long as he does his job well I've got no problem with that. I do think that the OP was taken a bit out of context, but at the same time I heard Smith is a jambo so he's not necessarily going to go overboard about Hibs I suppose.