PDA

View Full Version : Bigots

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Yesterday we repeatedly heard a song that Rangers fans aren't even supposed to hum the tune to, in fact the Rangers fans didn't even sing when they came to Easter Road last week.

I though all in the Rangers fans were much better behaved than the Hearts fans who repeatedly sang that they are 'up to their knees in fenian blood'.

If there were any chance of then making Europe should they be banned?

Barney McGrew
04-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Plenty of Union Flags and Red Hand flags on show again too

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 10:50 AM
We owe them our freedom. They can sing what they like.

The_Todd
04-01-2010, 10:51 AM
The Yams were so quiet yesterday it's as if they weren't even there so can't say I heard any of their chants.

I did see plenty of Red Hands for some reason - I'm sure one of our resident Yams will be pleased to tell me why exactly they fly that one. I'm sure there's a perfectly sensible reason.

TheBall'sRound
04-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Yesterday we repeatedly heard a song that Rangers fans aren't even supposed to hum the tune to, in fact the Rangers fans didn't even sing when they came to Easter Road last week.

I though all in the Rangers fans were much better behaved than the Hearts fans who repeatedly sang that they are 'up to their knees in fenian blood'.

I have been reliably informed that they sing the line 'Up to our knees in HIBEE blood'

So that's alright then.

Great.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-01-2010, 10:55 AM

Once we sort out our own backyard then I feel we can have a go at others, but until then it is not worth debating.

God Petrie
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Find it ironic that they sing about Zemmama being a paedophile considering they employed a convicted paedophile.

According to a few Jambo friends, they were also making quips about Zouma being a shoebomber. To be fair though, they were probably delirious with the confusion of seeing a football player.

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I have been reliably informed that they sing the line 'Up to our knees in HIBEE blood'

So that's alright then.

Great.

It was definitely fenian blood - my seat in the West was close enough to make it all out

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Once we sort out our own backyard then I feel we can have a go at others, but until then it is not worth debating.

So what is worth debating?

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Well everyone seems happy to have a go at the Rangers fans who to be fair managed to not sing the Billy Boys (which I think is quite an achievement considering it's been their main song for years)

jacomo
04-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Just had a look in the backyard, it's pretty respectable if you ask me.

Personally I'm not going to get all worked up about a few songs, but it really says something about people if they use sectarian chants to try and wind up the opposition. Pathetic.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-01-2010, 11:06 AM
So what is worth debating?

Well everyone seems happy to have a go at the Rangers fans who to be fair managed to not sing the Billy Boys (which I think is quite an achievement considering it's been their main song for years)

Just had a look in the backyard, it's pretty respectable if you ask me.

Personally I'm not going to get all worked up about a few songs, but it really says something about people if they use sectarian chants to try and wind up the opposition. Pathetic.

Some of the shouts from Hibs fans, Irish Tri-Colours etc..... all as bad as the bile Hearts sing and the UF.

The_Todd
04-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Some of the shouts from Hibs fans, Irish Tri-Colours etc.....

What's sectarian about quietly celebrating Hibs past? We don't bang on about it - just a couple of flags in the East. At the end of the day, we as a club are Scottish and proud of it.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Some of the shouts from Hibs fans, Irish Tri-Colours etc..... all as bad as the bile Hearts sing and the UF.

Not really, Scott, I hear what you're saying but surely it's a matter of degree. I can't remember the last time a sectarian song was sung on mass by the Hibs support. Some drunk shouting at them in retaliation of a few Irish flags don't really cut it.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
What's sectarian about quietly celebrating Hibs past? We don't bang on about it - just a couple of flags in the East. At the end of the day, we as a club are Scottish and proud of it.

Not really, Scott, I hear what you're saying but surely it's a matter of degree. I can't remember the last time a sectarian song was sung on mass by the Hibs support. Some drunk shouting at them in retaliation of a few Irish flags don't really cut it.

It's all about opinions I suppose, but I see no need for Hibs fans to bring a tri-colour to a match and find it strange that the amount triple when playing Hearts or Rangers. As for celebrating our past, well you could say Hearts are celebrating the past and present after all the UF is the United Kingdoms flag.

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM

There are no mass sectarian songs from the Hibs support - fact.

I don't care about flags but I don't see why Rangers are threatened with disciplinary action and Hearts get away with it.

At least 25% of their fans sang a song that is banned by UEFA

Anyway, off back to London now...have a great 2010

The_Todd
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
It's all about opinions I suppose, but I see no need for Hibs fans to bring a tri-colour to a match and find it strange that the amount triple when playing Hearts or Rangers. As for celebrating our past, well you could say Hearts are celebrating the past and present after all the UF is the United Kingdoms flag.

I saw one TriColour yesterday in the East.

I saw at least 3 Red Hands of Ulster in the Hearts support. How is that even anywhere near relevant to them?

Austinho
04-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Some of the shouts from Hibs fans, Irish Tri-Colours etc..... all as bad as the bile Hearts sing and the UF.:confused:

I'm sorry, but without attempting to start a flag debate, just how is a Hibs fan bringing an Ireland flag to a game anywhere near as bad as a Hearts fan bringing a Northern Ireland flag to a game?

Besides the fact Hibs fans bring them to most home games (whereas Hearts fans only fly them at games against us and Celtic), where is the connection between them and Northern Ireland?

Even ignoring the small matter of our history, we have 5 Irish players in our first team.

We all know why they brought them.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 11:23 AM

I'm not bothered by tri-colours personally, but if people feel moved to fly them I agree they should do so at all games, not just ones involving Hearts and Rangers.

Not that concerned by Hearts fans flying the Union flag, but the Red Hand of Ulster is unforgivable in my opinion.

gillythehibby
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Have to disagree mate. Hbernian are steeped in Irish history and should be proud to fly the tricolour as well as our scottish flags. We still have many irish fans in scotland. Infact a large percentage of families will have irish roots. Why Hearts feel the need to fly a red hand of Ulster, I have no idea as they have absolutely no link to Ulster.

scott7_0(Prague)
04-01-2010, 11:25 AM
:confused:

I'm sorry, but without attempting to start a flag debate, just how is a Hibs fan bringing an Ireland flag to a game anywhere near as bad as a Hearts fan bringing a Northern Ireland flag to a game?

Besides the fact Hibs fans bring them to most home games (whereas Hearts fans only fly them at games against us and Celtic), where is the connection between them and Northern Ireland?

Even ignoring the small matter of our history, we have 5 Irish players in our first team.

We all know why they brought them.

I'm not bothered by tri-colours personally, but if people feel moved to fly them I agree they should do so at all games, not just ones involving Hearts and Rangers.

Not that concerned by Hearts fans flying the Union flag, but the Red Hand of Ulster is unforgivable in my opinion.

I saw one TriColour yesterday in the East.

I saw at least 3 Red Hands of Ulster in the Hearts support. How is that even anywhere near relevant to them?

As I said all about opinions.

Antifa Hibs
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Who gives a ****...? Few daft laddys bringing some material to wind each other up. Name of the game IMO.

Never once have I seen anyone object an Irish tri-colour at a game, only on the internet behind their computer screens, usually by the same people, the same people who I think hardly step foot in ER or travel to follow Hibs. Laughable.

Now when fans of Hibs actually believe they are Irish and feel they have been personally oppressed by the brits despite living in Leith all their lifes, like those sad ****ers from the West (huns included) then we have something to worry about. Until then..... wire in. For we won't be mastered, by no orange....... :devil:

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Confused of Abbeyhill writes:

When was the last time we had a flag debate and what was the result. I say it was four weeks ago, and the result was witheld, my mate says it was three weeks ago and Hibs are as bad as Hearts.

Please say I am right, there's a pint riding on it!

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Confused of Abbeyhill writes:

When was the last time we had a flag debate and what was the result. I say it was four weeks ago, and the result was witheld, my mate says it was three weeks ago and Hibs are as bad as Hearts.

Please say I am right, there's a pint riding on it!

As flag debates go, this one was well below "standard".

Liberal Hibby
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM

You're right it's distinctly off colour.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 04:44 PM

I suppose the real answer is blowing in the wind. But don't ask me, it ain't me babe...eh.....:confused:

CropleyWasGod
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM

It's very slow. It's almost a trickeller.

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I suppose the real answer is blowing in the wind. But don't ask me, it ain't me babe...eh.....:confused:

You're a yam.

Defo

Liberal Hibby
04-01-2010, 04:48 PM
It's very slow. It's almost a trickeller.

Ouch - you should be bann(er)ed for that!

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
You're a yam.

Defo

You're a bear.:agree:

Biffo.:greengrin

tony higgins
04-01-2010, 04:54 PM
In nearly 40 years on and off watching Hibs home and away i,ve never met a bigot amongst the Hibs support.
Met a few very pro Hibs partizan fans and wished at times we had a few thousand more of them especially at away games.
But bigots.

Kaiser1962
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Who gives a ****...? Few daft laddys bringing some material to wind each other up. Name of the game IMO.

Never once have I seen anyone object an Irish tri-colour at a game, only on the internet behind their computer screens, usually by the same people, the same people who I think hardly step foot in ER or travel to follow Hibs. Laughable.

Now when fans of Hibs actually believe they are Irish and feel they have been personally oppressed by the brits despite living in Leith all their lifes, like those sad ****ers from the West (huns included) then we have something to worry about. Until then..... wire in. For we won't be mastered, by no orange....... :devil:

I remember as a youth standing at the fence between the Dunbar End and the East Terracing and crossing myself and "blessing" the hordes on the other side. I am a non-Catholic and so, probably, were the hundreds of other guys who did the same. Dont know why but I did so enjoy watching the slavering hordes on the other side having something akin to a fit and trying, trying really hard it has to be said, to open the bars on their cast iron fence to make a gap to get through. Oh the fools! Oh the joys of youth! :devil:

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 05:17 PM
You're a bear.:agree:

Biffo.:greengrin

I've been told im grizzly, and I'm rather strong:agree:

But bears don't wear size 11 boots like me.:greengrin

I'll be watching.

Hertz are gash:wink:

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
You are mad.

edit: forgot one of these :greengrin, cos then it's funny, eh?

mad tit.

you're the funny guy.:cool2:

deek68
04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Football fans. Flags. Singin. Fine.

Missiles, weapons, smashin windaes in the surroundin streets, wreckin public transport. Sh&&e.

Killiehibbie
04-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I remember as a youth standing at the fence between the Dunbar End and the East Terracing and crossing myself and "blessing" the hordes on the other side. I am a non-Catholic and so, probably, were the hundreds of other guys who did the same. Dont know why but I did so enjoy watching the slavering hordes on the other side having something akin to a fit and trying, trying really hard it has to be said, to open the bars on their cast iron fence to make a gap to get through. Oh the fools! Oh the joys of youth! :devil:

I remember much the same thing even a few getting dragged out and a couple of policemen getting battered in there. Did that make us all bigots? No but I think the wind up merchants won the day.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
mad tit.

you're the funny guy.:cool2:

OK, you win, we've taken it too far.

I am a Yam, well spotted big man. I've managed to escape detection for the best bit of five years. The thing is I knew it would come to an end one day, so you've really done me favour guv'nor.

But there's no way I'm going back to chokey!!!

(you're not mad, by the way, you're just a bully). Size 11 feet - what a munx!!!

marinello59
04-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I remarked at the game that the Yams were obviously too stupid not to sing the fenian blood lyric. Dumber than the average Old Firm fan, now that is an achievement.:greengrin

As for the flags, if they were being flown by the same spotty wee lads that wave them at us at Tynie I wouldn't bother too much. It's about as offensive as shouting 'bum' behind their teachers backs.

Big Frank
04-01-2010, 06:17 PM
OK, you win, we've taken it too far.

I am a Yam, well spotted big man. I've managed to escape detection for the best bit of five years. The thing is I knew it would come to an end one day, so you've really done me favour guv'nor.

But there's no way I'm going back to chokey!!!

(you're not mad, by the way, you're just a bully). Size 11 feet - what a munx!!!

Do explain.

By pm.

Kaiser1962
04-01-2010, 06:31 PM
I remember much the same thing even a few getting dragged out and a couple of policemen getting battered in there. Did that make us all bigots? No but I think the wind up merchants won the day.

Spot on. I for one didnt give a monkey's either way (still don't) but the Huns and Diet Huns certainly did and that was the fun part. I used to play rugby (built for it unfortunately) and huge amounts of what the Aussies delightfully term "sledging" went on and it was only deemed to be truly successful if one of your opponent's lost it.
Same thing at the fence really if they didn't react we would have soon given up.

sambajustice
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
The Yams were so quiet yesterday it's as if they weren't even there so can't say I heard any of their chants.

I did see plenty of Red Hands for some reason - I'm sure one of our resident Yams will be pleased to tell me why exactly they fly that one. I'm sure there's a perfectly sensible reason.

Cos they're effin huns the lot of them. Any of these mythical "alright jambos" will still join in "on the banter" when amongst other jambos.

Effin yam hun bassas!

Red Cabbage
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
In nearly 40 years on and off watching Hibs home and away i,ve never met a bigot amongst the Hibs support.
Met a few very pro Hibs partizan fans and wished at times we had a few thousand more of them especially at away games.
But bigots.

You should sit next to me in the west lower when playing Rangers - the guy a few seats along must actually try to get the words "orange bar steward" out as many times as possible in 90 mins! Last time it was mostly directed towards Ally McCoist. I agree that as a whole the hibs support are unlikely to sing sectarian songs but that should not fool us into thinking that there are no bigots among the support - they do exist, as do racists, homophobes etc. Fortunately all in the minority.

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I would fax you :agree:

gulp

Phil D. Rolls
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I think you think you are FR:rolleyes:

Of course I am, who else would I be? I thought the user name would be a dead give away.

Killiehibbie
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Well. I've just PM'd the admin, so it's up to them.

I have you on my ignore list now.

What you scared of? You're in hiding he'll never find you.

tony higgins
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
You should sit next to me in the west lower when playing Rangers - the guy a few seats along must actually try to get the words "orange bar steward" out as many times as possible in 90 mins! Last time it was mostly directed towards Ally McCoist. I agree that as a whole the hibs support are unlikely to sing sectarian songs but that should not fool us into thinking that there are no bigots among the support - they do exist, as do racists, homophobes etc. Fortunately all in the minority.

You mean Sally McCoist ?

:greengrin

sleeping giant
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
OK Filled Rolls ,i tell you what ! How about i buy you a pint BTG before the next match ?

MSK
04-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Guys, things are getting a wee bit heated, im closing this thread until you manage tae calm down ..