PDA

View Full Version : Aussies v Pakistan

BigKev
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Very interesting second day ahead.

Last few times the Aussies were bowled out for next to hee-haw they've went on to win.

Just started on SS1.

Hank Schrader
04-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Very interesting second day ahead.

Last few times the Aussies were bowled out for next to hee-haw they've went on to win.

Just started on SS1.

Proof that the once invincible Australians are there for the taking, even on their own turf. Now more than 200 runs ahead Pakistan should really go on to win this test, unless the Australians dig in and get way past Pakistan in their second innings. If Pakistan bowl the way they did in the 1st innings then Australia could be facing an embarrasing innings defeat. Kaneria will come into play this time around and he is a fantastic leg spinner on his day.

Pakistan could give England some hairy moments this summer, their pace attack of Asif, Aamer and Gul is fast, lively and very skillful.

--------
06-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Proof that the once invincible Australians are there for the taking, even on their own turf. Now more than 200 runs ahead Pakistan should really go on to win this test, unless the Australians dig in and get way past Pakistan in their second innings. If Pakistan bowl the way they did in the 1st innings then Australia could be facing an embarrasing innings defeat. Kaneria will come into play this time around and he is a fantastic leg spinner on his day.

Pakistan could give England some hairy moments this summer, their pace attack of Asif, Aamer and Gul is fast, lively and very skillful.

YOU WERE SAYING???????????????? :devil:

Never ever count an Aussie side out - not until stumps on the last day, mate.

Hank Schrader
06-01-2010, 03:54 PM
YOU WERE SAYING???????????????? :devil:

Never ever count an Aussie side out - not until stumps on the last day, mate.

You beat me too it!! I was going to berate myself earlier but forgot!!

Pakistan should never have lost this test match after the start they got off to.

The Australian team of 2006, which included the likes of Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath would never have let Pakistan, a team who have had little test cricket in the last two years, get that close. Changed days you have to admit.

I have a sneaky that England will run Australia very close when the Ashes kicks off again later this year.

Part/Time Supporter
06-01-2010, 04:26 PM

Pakistan should never have lost this test match after the start they got off to.

The Australian team of 2006, which included the likes of Hayden, Langer, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath would never have let Pakistan, a team who have had little test cricket in the last two years, get that close. Changed days you have to admit.

I have a sneaky that England will run Australia very close when the Ashes kicks off again later this year.

Pakistan also don't have the same quality (and depth of quality) of players that they had even a few years ago. To lose at home to them would have been a very poor result for Australia.

--------
06-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Oz are in a wee transition period, I think - one generation coming to retirement, and the next not quite through. I suspect that the academy system'll produce the next generation shortly. England need to take this chance of a win in Australia, because they probably won't get another for a while.

This is what makes Test cricket (as opposed to 20/20 KrikitForDummies) such a great game - Pakistan shouldn't have lost it. Oz should have sunk like the Bismarck. 200 ahead on the first innings should be unassailable.

But they did, they didn't and it wasn't. :devil:

Roll on summer and the next chapter.... :thumbsup: