PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else really disappointed?

BigKev
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd pretty much convinced myself that we'd turn up and play a bit of fitba' resulting in a comfortable-ish victory.

However we never looked hungry enough and the midfield (Miller apart) never looked like it was functional til McBride came on.

A bottom six team just came to ER and walked over the top of us. I'm hoping Yogi pays heed and watches how we never capitalised on the weaknesess' of a ***** hertz outfit who had a midfield we should have been able to pass thr ba' through.

A very very disappointing performance overall :agree:

ForeverHibs93
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd pretty much convinced myself that we'd turn up and play a bit of fitba' resulting in a comfortable-ish victory.

However we never looked hungry enough and the midfield (Miller apart) never looked like it was functional til McBride came on.

A bottom six team just came to ER and walked over the top of us. I'm hoping Yogi pays heed and watches how we never capitalised on the weaknesess' of a ***** hertz outfit who had a midfield we should have been able to pass thr ba' through.

:top marksI agree, felt we lost the midfield battle fairly early on.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM

You haven't been to many Edinburgh derbies, then!? :wink:

They're no longer a bottom six side and they hardly "walked over the top of us" (or are you related to Csaba Laszlo? :greengrin)

I'm disappointed with the way we played but not so much the result. Being nine points ahead before kick-off, it's a better result for us than it is for them.

BigKev
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
You haven't been to many Edinburgh derbies, then!? :wink:

They're no longer a bottom six side and they hardly "walked over the top of us" (or are you related to Csaba Laszlo? :greengrin)

I'm disappointed with the way we played but not so much the result. Being nine points ahead before kick-off, it's a better result for us than it is for them.

Just about 40....

I know - should really know better. I'm a 17 and 22 in a row baby - the psychological scars are still there to this day :grr:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I think they outfought us at times in the first half but I felt we were the better side in the second half and I think Smith only had one save to make after the break. I can't remember them really threatening us at all, apart from that.

Whilst they are undoubtedly crap, they're no longer a bottom six side, unfortunately.

hibeesliam94
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
The most frustrating thing about today was that we didn't 'rise' to the occasion. Should have been right in their faces and forcing them into mistakes.

Instead we just let them pick up EVERY second/third ball and let them grow in confidence:grr::grr:

Liberal Hibby
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
No - I'm very happy to take a point. This had Hearts win written all over it, particularly with the number of Hibees thinking we simply had to turn up. We're no where near as good as some think on here and Hearts nowhere near as bad and as the league table shows it's going to be an interesting race for the European places.

euro Hibby
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Thought the game was huff and puff. Generally poor standard and poor distribution. Hearts were again stronger physically while you can see that on the ball Hibs are a little more at home. The pitch looked terrible and that was an advantage for them.
As its been said before, all the teams are capable of beating any of the teams in the SPL , with the old firm still favourites in all games.

The current team has done well overall but the key will be now how to improve. Does that mean changing the formation, player positions, using new players ? Its a question I am sure that Yogi will be thinking about.

For the moment the target might be just to consolidate 3rd position for this year and when we get a bit of breathing space try something else.

steakbake
03-01-2010, 11:13 PM
We made hard work of it. I'd have taken a point if we didn't have to play it and despite all the "big team" bull***** they like to spout, I bet to a man they are more pleased with the draw tonight than we are.

Still, one of these days they'll meet us when we are on form and we will pump them and I will enjoy that immensely. The reverse is also sadly true. Such is life, such is football.

truehibernian
03-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Hibs midfield needs to find some balance and its great to see McBride back, because I genuinely feel Miller feels more comfortable going forward knowing he is covering. The team lined up pretty much as I thought, however Hanlon offers no pace or urgency on the flank when Riordan goes forward. Stevenson for me at left back, give Riordan and Stokes a shot as a partnership, and give wee Zooma a break on the bench. A midfield of Rankin, Miller, McBride and DW/Zooma offers better balance. After todays horror show, tempted to say that Hogg deserves a spell on el benchio too, and give Stevie T a shot alongside Murray. Hearts played to their strength today and strength being the operative word......physical side, in Hibs faces, giving them little time to settle. Bouzid is an awful awful defender and its a travesty we did not exploit this more throughout the game. Stokes was too often isolated and had no one to play off. Murray was by far my MOM today for effort and guts alone.

EasterRoad4Ever
04-01-2010, 08:47 AM
As soon as I saw the Hibs line up, I thought we'd struggle. We had far too many inexperienced youngsters in the side. Hearts had a better blend of experience, fuds and youth.

Esp evident down our RHS where McCormack and Wotherspoon were regularly taken apart - and it was no surprise thats where their goal came from.

When will Hibs actually turn up to a Derby match with all their better players in place ????

PeeJay
04-01-2010, 08:53 AM
A bottom six team just came to ER and walked over the top of us.

This is hardly an accurate representation of Sunday's game - walked over us??? At no time did they walk over us. :bitchy: Anyway, Hearts have had a decent run recently (3 wins) there was hardly any reason for us to be expecting a comfortable victory ... since when were derbies against Hearts something that we could confidently predict beforehand?

Andy74
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Until we get two decent full backs or at least decent cover for Murray when he is playing in the centre we are not going to be as good a team as we should be.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
Until we get two decent full backs or at least decent cover for Murray when he is playing in the centre we are not going to be as good a team as we should be.

I believe that is an area that we are looking to strengthen along with a centre half, and a strong/hard midfielder......

Having said that, why has Cregg fallen off the radar?

joe breezy
04-01-2010, 11:08 AM
I feel your pain, was very disappointed we couldn't beat Hearts reserves. It wis Lilian Gish.