PDA

View Full Version : Zemmamma and his appetite for that type of game.

lyonhibs
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
I notice one thing that is conspicious by its absence is any single mention of the absolute stinker of a game had by Zemmamma today?

I don't know if it's just because only I thought he wasn't at the races (and this would not appear to be the case judging by the grumbles around me in the East Stand) or because no-one else has been preparing quite such a sturdy tin helmet as I.

Anyway, I thought he showed nearly zilch positional discipline (granted, his natural position and proclivities may not lend themselves to playing on the right, but if that's what he's asked to do, then that's where he's got to play/offer himself for the pass), and showed next to no appetite for any sort of physical challenge - not just 50-50, but there were a couple of times when 70-30 balls in his favour were won by Hearts simply by their midfielder moving in a remotely physical manner in his general direction.

His passing was frequently lazy/wildly overambitious, and I don't see how this - combined with his apparent lack of zeal for the physical battle - can be entertained by Yogi in a Derby/any game when the opposition is likely to be in our faces (which is most of them these days).

One of the reasons he frustrates me/is given more leeway by others is that, when on form, he can rip teams to pieces, in a way that no-one else in our squad/probably the whole SPL can, but that's not the Zemmamma we saw today, or have seen for a wee while.

Hopefully, the return of McBride will allow Zemmamma to be given a more advanced, central beat to patrol, because today - whether caused by tactics or a lack of heart, or a combination of the two - the "Wee man" was a passenger at times.

:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat: :greengrin

GGTTH

maximushibee
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
agree with that thought he was more effective in the first half a played some good balls forward and got into the box well some neat touches but other than that yeh wasnt his best game.. too scared to put a challenge and too scared to jump

millarco
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Thought he was supposed to be playing in the centre today, where Nish was playing before, so would have the freedom to roam. He was unlucky a few times in the first half with his final pass, one specifically where he almost played Riordan in with a rediculous reverse pass that was just too heavy. I'm quite happy for him to take the risks with those passes, because the one time it does come off we score.

Was disappointed when he was subbed, but it seems he was struggling with injury. When he went off our attacking threat almost disappeared. At least he was supporting Stokes-when he went off and Wotherspoon dropped back to RB Stokes was left stranded. We also had nobody looking to get on the ball and create something, hence the long balls to Stokes.

We are without a doubt a poorer side without him. If Riordan can be kept on the park 'because he can create something out of nothing' then the same can be said of Zemmama. I'd like to see Benji given a chance as well though-the two of them work really well together, and we could do with his ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
No doubting this boy is quality, but on a freezing cold day in a physical derby game he was just too chicken-hearted. His passing was awful. Only Hogg's distribution was worse.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Totally agree, Zemmama was awful today and offered next to nothing.

Very disappointing because he is potentially the best creative midfielder in Scotland.

davym7062
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
no doubt he was poor but hes allowed an off day as for chris hogg:grr:

danger1875
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
agree with this but not the only one who never showed for the fight today. deeks has not bothered to get involved in the last two games, but for the apologists it's cause he's played out of position that he does **** all

steakbake
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
agree with this but not the only one who never showed for the fight today. deeks has not bothered to get involved in the last two games, but for the apologists it's cause he's played out of position that he does **** all

i thought his cross for our goal was worth him being on the park, don't you?

zemamma had a nightmare game today. hope he picks himself up and gets going again like we all know he can.

davym7062
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM

apart from set up the goal. get a grip

renato
03-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Zouma did not have a good game, however he still provided a few killer passes in the first half that almost came off. I also recall Derek and Tony's touch letting them down when put through by Zemamma too.

When he went off we had no creative threat whatsoever.

We were crying out for an Ivan Sproule type sub today, a proper winger with pace to burn would have caused mayhem with all that space after the sending offs.

Hibby 2005
03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Zouma did not have a good game, however he still provided a few killer passes in the first half that almost came off. I also recall Derek and Tony's touch letting them down when put through by Zemamma too.

When he went off we had no creative threat whatsoever.

We were crying out for an Ivan Sproule type sub today, a proper winger with pace to burn would have caused mayhem with all that space after the sending offs.

Galbraith?

danger1875
03-01-2010, 10:33 PM
[/SIZE]

yeah great, what a great return for what £8000ish over the last 2 games. sorry for my season ticket money i want more than one cross. if your happy we pay him for one cross in 2 games then fair enough. you have low expectactions, i have high ones

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 10:36 PM
He doesnt like it up 'im. I'd sell him and bring in that nice Bobby Mann:agree:

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Now yer talking! :hyper:

danger1875
03-01-2010, 10:45 PM

:greengrin

renato
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Galbraith?

Wasn't even on the bench. From what I've seen of him I don't think he can come on and have the same impact as Sproule, for example, yet. Would love to have been proven wrong as today was the perfect opportunity for him.

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 08:52 AM
No doubting this boy is quality, but on a freezing cold day in a physical derby game he was just too chicken-hearted. His passing was awful. Only Hogg's distribution was worse.

Zemmamma worst game ever, this guy has quality no question but as you said in a freezing cold day in a physical derby he was hopless didn't want to help out when we lost the ball and should have been hooked after 25 minutes.

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Zemmamma worst game ever, this guy has quality no question but as you said in a freezing cold day in a physical derby he was hopless didn't want to help out when we lost the ball and should have been hooked after 25 minutes.

Zemmama has had some of his best games in the colder months (as has benji), this cliche about him not playing in cold weather just doesnt stand up to the facts.

The biggest problem is he's clearly damaged his hamstring and is injured, which has happened about 4 times now IIIRC in his short Hibs career. Clearly something needs to be done, a new training regime or something:confused:

sunshine1875
04-01-2010, 09:12 AM
yeah great, what a great return for what £8000ish over the last 2 games. sorry for my season ticket money i want more than one cross. if your happy we pay him for one cross in 2 games then fair enough. you have low expectactions, i have high ones

Deeks did ok, but there is little he can do when for the second game running our midfield has gone AWOL.

Deeks did more than the cross. In the first half, after Zemmamma played a very poor corner outside the box straight to a Hertz player to set up a Hertz attack, when the cross came in it was stopped by Deeks playing in the centreback position, covering for Hogg and Murray who had gone up for the corner.

So taking his two main contributions (cross for the goal and tracking back to stop a potential Hertz goal), I think he did enough. One-One is better than two down, won't you agree.

Leithenhibby
04-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Deeks did ok, but there is little he can do when for the second game running our midfield has gone AWOL.

Deeks did more than the cross. In the first half, after Zemmamma played a very poor corner outside the box straight to a Hertz player to set up a Hertz attack, when the cross came in it was stopped by Deeks playing in the centreback position, covering for Hogg and Murray who had gone up for the corner.
So taking his two main contributions (cross for the goal and tracking back to stop a potential Hertz goal), I think he did enough. One-One is better than two down, won't you agree.

Never seen that from Deeks before and was very pleasing on the eye. :top marks

As for Zumma, I would have hooked him long before JH did, thats for sure.

1-1 is a better result for us than the Yams and IF we can take the 3 points at Perth then we shall find our selfs in a very good position. :cool2:

Andy74
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM

He wasn't exactly covering for the centre halfs. He was sat back as they were trying to play a corner out to him to volley that went badly wrong so he found himself one of the furthest players back with the ball coming in his direction.

He did well to clear the danger but it was a bit of an accident and not exactly him thinking about covering for the cente halfs at a corner!

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Couldnt believe the amount of 50/50 he didnt win, plus the 70/30 where he
5hat it,we need hard men on the park against physical teams like hertz,not pansies like Zemmama.
Thought Deeks had a decent game

God Petrie
04-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Getting tired of this xenophobic pish about Zouma not being able to handle the weather and not being "up" for this sort of game. He had a poor game that's all.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Zemamma is a waste of space, get rid ASAP, and use what money we get to tempt Bob Malcolm back to these shores.

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Zemmama has had some of his best games in the colder months (as has benji), this cliche about him not playing in cold weather just doesnt stand up to the facts.

The biggest problem is he's clearly damaged his hamstring and is injured, which has happened about 4 times now IIIRC in his short Hibs career. Clearly something needs to be done, a new training regime or something:confused:

I was basing my comments on what I saw yesterday it had nothing to do with him not playing well in the cold weather conditions. The lazy we bugger gave up running for the ball with less than 25 minutes gone was my point.

Hibrandenburg
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Thought Yogi made a tactical error yesterday when he took Zooma off. With only 20 players on the pitch it created the sort of open spaces that Zooma thrives on. Even when Zooma is having a bad day there's always the chance that he can pull a rabbit out of the hat and I felt we lost our momentum when he got subbed.

The_Todd
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM

[/SIZE]

And was first to get all the way back to stop a Hearts counter attack which would have almost certainly resulted in a goal.

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I was basing my comments on what I saw yesterday it had nothing to do with him not playing well in the cold weather conditions. The lazy we bugger gave up running for the ball with less than 25 minutes gone was my point.

This might have something to do with his torn hamstring.

deek68
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I didn’t think Zemamma was that bad. I thought he gave it a go first half and put Riordan clean through just before they scored - was the offside decision correct? I wouldn’t have taken him off either and from what I can gather he was only subbed due to injury.

He’s lightweight aye. That’s ‘cause he’s small, quite light, doesn’t weigh much. Sometimes wins the ball with the most delicate of touches and he did that once or twice yesterday. Aye, I know he lost the ball sometimes as well but who didnae yesterday?

Some have been a bit harsh on him I think.

PISTOL1875
04-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Zemmama didn't do too much today but to be fair to him , he was struggling a bit with a hamstring problem.. I would however , like to see him played in the position where he was playing yesterday as he has the ability to play the killer pass...

MGmick
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Only saw the game on TV but I failed to notice any indication of Zemmama suffering from hamstring problems.
Did anyone at the ground notice anything? You know, stretching, massaging, pulling up suddenly or having ice/heat applied immediately when he came off?

Which leg was it?

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Only saw the game on TV but I failed to notice any indication of Zemmama suffering from hamstring problems.
Did anyone at the ground notice anything? You know, stretching, massaging, pulling up suddenly or having ice/heat applied immediately when he came off?

Which leg was it?

Yogi said: "Zouma had been nursing a hamstring for a couple of days and it was only on Friday when I sat down with him he said he'd give it a go. When we were both down to 10 men I thought it would be ideal for him, the space would be there but unfortunately he had to come off."

sahib
04-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I didn’t think Zemamma was that bad. I thought he gave it a go first half and put Riordan clean through just before they scored - was the offside decision correct? I wouldn’t have taken him off either and from what I can gather he was only subbed due to injury.

He’s lightweight aye. That’s ‘cause he’s small, quite light, doesn’t weigh much. Sometimes wins the ball with the most delicate of touches and he did that once or twice yesterday. Aye, I know he lost the ball sometimes as well but who didnae yesterday?

Some have been a bit harsh on him I think.

The wee man was not at his most effective but his "appetite" for the game looked fine to me. We did little after he went off. Every Hibs player gave the ball away to some extent, young Wothersoon being a repeat offender, but that was mainly down to Hearts "up and at em" style.

(((Fergus)))
04-01-2010, 04:36 PM
It used to be easy to judge a player's appetite for the game by their wearing of gloves. Sadly, even Darren McCormack was wearing gloves yesterday, although that might have been what confused him. The point is Zemmama was the ONLY player on that pitch wearing tights. Tights FFS! Back in the day we didn't even used to wear pants.

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 04:40 PM
It used to be easy to judge a player's appetite for the game by their wearing of gloves. Sadly, even Darren McCormack was wearing gloves yesterday, although that might have been what confused him. The point is Zemmama was the ONLY player on that pitch wearing tights. Tights FFS! Back in the day we didn't even used to wear pants.

Yes but they've banned naked football now Fergus, even in Argyll:wink:

Cocaine&Caviar
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
He was brilliant for the draw at Ibrox...

PISTOL1875
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Which leg was it?

I sit behind the dug outs and last week he came to the bench and put some deep heat on his hamstring.. He must've not recovered fully from it since last week.... I can't remember what leg it was...

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 05:02 PM
This might have something to do with his torn hamstring.

Alleged hamstring problem as said He should have been hooked after 25 minutes.

Or do we players that are not FULLY fit these days :confused:

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Alleged hamstring problem as said He should have been hooked after 25 minutes.

Or do we players that are not FULLY fit these days :confused:

:confused: Are you suggesting Yogi made this up?:confused:

ancient hibee
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Zemamma is a waste of space, get rid ASAP, and use what money we get to tempt Bob Malcolm back to these shores.
A player who is so versatile is probably worth Zemamma plus cash in a swop:agree:

RMG_82
05-01-2010, 04:25 AM
I notice one thing that is conspicious by its absence is any single mention of the absolute stinker of a game had by Zemmamma today?

I don't know if it's just because only I thought he wasn't at the races (and this would not appear to be the case judging by the grumbles around me in the East Stand) or because no-one else has been preparing quite such a sturdy tin helmet as I.

Anyway, I thought he showed nearly zilch positional discipline (granted, his natural position and proclivities may not lend themselves to playing on the right, but if that's what he's asked to do, then that's where he's got to play/offer himself for the pass), and showed next to no appetite for any sort of physical challenge - not just 50-50, but there were a couple of times when 70-30 balls in his favour were won by Hearts simply by their midfielder moving in a remotely physical manner in his general direction.

His passing was frequently lazy/wildly overambitious, and I don't see how this - combined with his apparent lack of zeal for the physical battle - can be entertained by Yogi in a Derby/any game when the opposition is likely to be in our faces (which is most of them these days).

One of the reasons he frustrates me/is given more leeway by others is that, when on form, he can rip teams to pieces, in a way that no-one else in our squad/probably the whole SPL can, but that's not the Zemmamma we saw today, or have seen for a wee while.

Hopefully, the return of McBride will allow Zemmamma to be given a more advanced, central beat to patrol, because today - whether caused by tactics or a lack of heart, or a combination of the two - the "Wee man" was a passenger at times.

:tin hat::tin hat::tin hat::tin hat: :greengrin

GGTTH

technically he's to blame for the hearts goal. He tried a stupid flick on the half way line which gave up possesion. Hearts scored about 30 secs later. I dont think he likes the rough and tumble. always wimps out of tackles, i fear he'l get hurt one day. Great to watch though when he's on song. He's a luxury that u cant afford in these types of games. We needed battlers not bottlers.

Did anyone see Ian Murrays elbow dig in the box first half. Free kick to hibs near the east stand?Murray gave a sly elbow dig....quality! take note mccormack

hibiedude
05-01-2010, 09:23 AM
:confused: Are you suggesting Yogi made this up?:confused:

No your missing the point i'm making

If the player had hamstring problem as mentioned by you and that was the reason for Zemmamma lack of movement against Hearts then we played with a player that was not only not match fit but the chances of his hamstring snapping and he misses a crucial period of the season which will dictate were we finish come end of the season.

The Hearts game was played in conditions that was about -2 and Zemmamma lack of movement during the game would have made this Alleged hamstring problem worse don't you think :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2010, 09:44 AM
A player who is so versatile is probably worth Zemamma plus cash in a swop:agree:

:agree: Zemamma plus £1m should tempt them to release Bob, and another piece of the jigsaw is complete.

MGmick
05-01-2010, 09:52 AM

If the player had hamstring problem as mentioned by you and that was the reason for Zemmamma lack of movement against Hearts then we played with a player that was not only not match fit but the chances of his hamstring snapping and he misses a crucial period of the season which will dictate were we finish come end of the season.

The Hearts game was played in conditions that was about -2 and Zemmamma lack of movement during the game would have made this Alleged hamstring problem worse don't you think :confused:

Perhaps I should be giving Zemmama a bit more credit as other than by his performance he managed to hide or disguise any evidence of his hamstring problem.

Which leg is it again?

Woody1985
05-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Not read the thread other than the OP but one thing I have noticed when Zouma is on the right and Wotherspoon is right back is Zouma drifts in the middle leaving no option out on the right.

This frequently forces DW into the centre of the park or passing the ball into a crowded area thus making his distribution look poor and putting us under pressure. Whilst his distribution is poor on occasions Zouma contributes to this when he is on the field.

We would also get a lot more attacks if he went out wide. The DU game at ER is an example of what he can do when he stays out wide.

hibsbollah
05-01-2010, 10:24 AM

The word 'alleged' suggests there you think there is some doubt about his hamstring tear. Since it is a)a recurring problem for Zemmama and b) Yogi was quoted in the papers about it being an issue for Zemmama as early as Friday it sounds like theres no doubt about it being a real injury.

I agree with you that it was a major risk playing him in those conditions. Probably shows how important hes become to our attacking play. This link is quite interesting, suggests that avoiding cold weather, proper warming up and warming down after games and plenty of carbohydrates minimses hamstring tears. Nothing that the Hibs physio doesnt know, im sure:wink:
http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/hip_and_thigh/hamstring_strain_full.php

hibsbollah
05-01-2010, 10:36 AM
The point is Zemmama was the ONLY player on that pitch wearing tights. Tights FFS! Back in the day we didn't even used to wear pants.

Just found this Fergus;

Warm Pants (Compression Shorts) (http://www.hibs.net/message/#2716) or a Thigh Support (http://www.hibs.net/message/#2716) can be helpful for retaining muscle tissue temperature, ensuring that the tissue remains extensible even in colder weather.

Judging by the weather forecast Zemmama will be wearing tights for quite a while
:wink:

number 27
05-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Without questioning the wee man's attitude I do think he will find it tough for the next couple of months. The weather at the moment is going to destroy playing surfaces and really hurt guys like Zouma who try to keep it on the deck and use their close control.

I'm not suggesting hoofball but we may need to adjust our style for the next few games.

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2010, 11:03 AM
If it's appetite you want, then sign Christian Nade.

Zemamma's z' papa.

Keith_M
05-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Just found this Fergus;

Warm Pants (Compression Shorts) (http://www.hibs.net/message/#2716) or a Thigh Support (http://www.hibs.net/message/#2716) can be helpful for retaining muscle tissue temperature, ensuring that the tissue remains extensible even in colder weather.

Judging by the weather forecast Zemmama will be wearing tights for quite a while
:wink:

He can wear suspenders and stockings if he wants, as long as he has a good game!

Though that would finally justify the Yams 'gay' song :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Perhaps I should be giving Zemmama a bit more credit as other than by his performance he managed to hide or disguise any evidence of his hamstring problem.

Which leg is it again?

Why do you need to know which leg it is?

Have you ever "nursed" a sore hamstring?

hibiedude
05-01-2010, 12:11 PM
The word 'alleged' suggests there you think there is some doubt about his hamstring tear. Since it is a)a recurring problem for Zemmama and b) Yogi was quoted in the papers about it being an issue for Zemmama as early as Friday it sounds like theres no doubt about it being a real injury.

I agree with you that it was a major risk playing him in those conditions. Probably shows how important hes become to our attacking play. This link is quite interesting, suggests that avoiding cold weather, proper warming up and warming down after games and plenty of carbohydrates minimses hamstring tears. Nothing that the Hibs physio doesnt know, im sure:wink:
http://www.physioroom.com/injuries/hip_and_thigh/hamstring_strain_full.php

I'm not suggesting for a second that Zemmama hamstring problem was an excuss for his poor performance and I know it's a recurring problem he's been having because I also read the papers.

proper warming up and warming down after games and plenty of carbohydrates minimses hamstring tears but it's the bit in the middle that bothered me His lack of movement during the game

I would rather Zemmama get the problem sorted now rather taking chances which mite end his season prematurely which would give us a major headache going into the run in when there's a european placed on offer.

As for the guy asking what leg it is, dose it really matter, is there a good leg to get a hamstring injury :confused:

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Nobody could accuse Bob Malcolm of having a lack of appetite.

God Petrie
05-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Let's punt Zemmama and use the money to coax Davie Farrell out of retirement.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Let's punt Zemmama and use the money to coax Davie Farrell out of retirement.

Don't be ridiculous, Farrell is a defensive midfielder, and not nearly as adaptable or creative as sir Bob.

MGmick
05-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Why do you need to know which leg it is?

Have you ever "nursed" a sore hamstring?

Curiosity. Do you know which leg it is?

"Nursed a sore hamstring"? Don't think so, but I've certainly left the park when one was about to go. This, in my absolutely non-pro experience, manifests itself by the sudden feeling of a painfull "knot" halfway down the back of the thigh. The usual action on feeling this is to stop running immediately, leave the park and get ice/heat on it asap. These treatments weren't always available at my level of the game but I would think Hibs have got it pretty well sussed. Did anyone notice Zemmama getting treatment when he left the park?

Against the Huns, Maka got a couple of minutes treatment for a dodgy right hamstring then, just a few minutes later, launched a right-footed kick from hand three-quarters the length of the pitch. The camera was focused on his face throughout the kick and he showed not the slightest sign of discomfort. Later many on this site were querying his heart and suggesting the injury might have been more in his mind than in his leg. I don't necessarily disagree with that theory and I'm not convinced it doesn't apply to Zemmama as well.

MGmick
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM
As for the guy asking what leg it is, dose it really matter, is there a good leg to get a hamstring injury :confused:

See post 56

Danderhall Hibs
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Curiosity. Do you know which leg it is?

"Nursed a sore hamstring"? Don't think so, but I've certainly left the park when one was about to go. This, in my absolutely non-pro experience, manifests itself by the sudden feeling of a painfull "knot" halfway down the back of the thigh. The usual action on feeling this is to stop running immediately, leave the park and get ice/heat on it asap. These treatments weren't always available at my level of the game but I would think Hibs have got it pretty well sussed. Did anyone notice Zemmama getting treatment when he left the park?

Against the Huns, Maka got a couple of minutes treatment for a dodgy right hamstring then, just a few minutes later, launched a right-footed kick from hand three-quarters the length of the pitch. The camera was focused on his face throughout the kick and he showed not the slightest sign of discomfort. Later many on this site were querying his heart and suggesting the injury might have been more in his mind than in his leg. I don't necessarily disagree with that theory and I'm not convinced it doesn't apply to Zemmama as well.

I think you're being harsh. I've no idea which leg it is but if he was nursing it he wouldn't be visibly limping anyway - the knot you talk about is when it goes properly. When it's sore it's like an ache you have - if you try and sprint too hard that's when it tears and stops you in your tracks like a machine-gun.

hibsbollah
05-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I think you're being harsh. I've no idea which leg it is but if he was nursing it he wouldn't be visibly limping anyway - the knot you talk about is when it goes properly. When it's sore it's like an ache you have - if you try and sprint too hard that's when it tears and stops you in your tracks like a machine-gun.

:agree:Also known as a 'grade one' hamstring tear:nerd:grade two and three are when you get severe pain.

hfc rd
05-01-2010, 10:06 PM
True he is not on form at the moment. Think it might be that stupid agent of his putting pressure on the wee man by saying this club and that club want to speak to you. Hopefully Zouma returns to his usual self as he is one of the best players in the league and he can rip up defences in the spl.

spudhib
05-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Ideal game this weekend to rest him,hopefully fully fit and raring to go against UTD the week after in a game which could define our season.:agree:

hibiedude
06-01-2010, 07:35 AM

Superb reply :greengrin

MGmick
06-01-2010, 08:37 PM

I had the knot the doctor told me it was a pull not a tear and believe me it stopped me in my tracks. I've also had the same thing in my calf. Again a pull not a tear. With either you can't even walk normally let alone run and kick a ball.

hibsbollah
06-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I had the knot the doctor told me it was a pull not a tear and believe me it stopped me in my tracks. I've also had the same thing in my calf. Again a pull not a tear. With either you can't even walk normally let alone run and kick a ball.

There is no difference between a hamstring pull, a hamstring tear or a hamstring strain, they are all the same thing. Please refer to my very useful link above:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 08:43 PM

:agree: If he was fit enough to start (and "nurse" it) on Sunday I imagine he had an ache that he could've torn at any time - he wouldn't be limping with that. As you say you struggle to walk normally when you do your hammy properly.

Jones28
06-01-2010, 08:46 PM
[/SIZE]

Yes but he does need to try and get a wee bit more involved in the game.

Danderhall Hibs
06-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes but he does need to try and get a wee bit more involved in the game.

With or without the ball? He was barely passed it on Sunday and without it he done a bit of back-tracking, including picking the ball up on the half-way line after they cleared a corner.

Put it this way if he had the ball more often we'd have won - their right back is murder and the one real chance he got he went by him as if he wasn't there to cross for the goal.