PDA

View Full Version : Famous Five stand

maximushibee
03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Got to say atmosphere in the north stand looked terrible, i was in the east myself and one of the fans hit the nail on the head.. Why does the north stand not give any abuse to the hearts goalkeeper or any other goalkeeper.. i was in the north stand for the rangers game and maka got more boo's from us than the hearts keeper? why? get on the backs of the goalkeepers put them off shocking support:duck:

MSK
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Got to say atmosphere in the north stand looked terrible, i was in the east myself and one of the fans hit the nail on the head.. Why does the north stand not give any abuse to the hearts goalkeeper or any other goalkeeper.. i was in the north stand for the rangers game and maka got more boo's from us than the hearts keeper? why? get on the backs of the goalkeepers put them off shocking support:duck:It worked in the past wi Boruc ...:wink:

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Was a much better atmosphere in the FF today than usual

davym7062
03-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Was a much better atmosphere in the FF today than usual

are you joking?? i was in the FF stand today never again

steakbake
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
I sat in the FF once during our ill-fated UEFA cup game with Odense. Never went back.

There's more atmosphere on the moon than there is in that stand. Which is a bit of a shame because as someone has pointed out, opposition keepers get an easy ride at ER because of our silent fans in the FF with their muffled clapping in begloved hands and their reluctance to make any noise. You're at not the rugby now, gents.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I was singing my heart out today in the FF:agree:

andyf5
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I've been in the FF last two games and most of the wind up noise around me is directed at hibs players :confused: Last week it was Maka, this week Hogg.

I had my gloves on tho as I was freezn....

davym7062
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I was singing my heart out today in the FF:agree:

that would have been 2 than mate:grr:

skipster7
03-01-2010, 09:24 PM
my seat was in the west lower 3 blocks from the mini huns, and the atmosphere in ALL the hibs sections was very poor and flat with most of the noise coming from their end.some songs were attempted from the east but petered out very quickly which is a bit dissapointing.thought i had dummies sitting either side of me as i never heard a peep apart from the goal.dont know why this is:bitchy:

Red Cabbage
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
the atmosphere from 95% of the hibs support was rubbish today just as it is almost every other week! Apart from the efforts of the few in the east nearest the away end, we are a woeful support and almost always outsung by Hearts - it pains me to say that but it is true.

Fantic
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Up the back of the east beside a bunch of nippy young hibees who sung song after song and wouldn't give it a rest.

Plus side was that i couldnt hear the jam tarts sing :greengrin

skipster7
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
the atmosphere from 95% of the hibs support was rubbish today just as it is almost every other week! Apart from the efforts of the few in the east nearest the away end, we are a woeful support and almost always outsung by Hearts - it pains me to say that but it is true.
maybe a musselburgh thing:agree:
good atmosphere in the Loch Inn before it right enough.

BroxburnHibee
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM

I was sat in the East today for the first time in ages today but near FF stand.

Think about it - if you're smack in the middle of the East you're hardly likely to hear much else but I can tell you that was the best atmosphere I've heard at ER for quite a while.

FF and West where all at it and the only time we heard THEM was after their goal.

Right - whats next to get moaned about on here FFS :grr::greengrin

Sean1875
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I still dont understand why people wouldnt want to join in with the singing, surely by signing it adds to the atmosphere which would inturn add to the enjoyment of the game?

James.
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Even the East seemed a little subdued the last two games except for the guy near me around Row X Seat 60 who tries every week to get everyone going! Top Guy whoever he is :thumbsup:

Fantic
03-01-2010, 09:36 PM

Get yourself along to Gorgie for the next derby, the shoes on the other foot mate.

We rule down there. 15,000 borin *******s :singing:

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I still dont understand why people wouldnt want to join in with the singing, surely by signing it adds to the atmosphere which would inturn add to the enjoyment of the game?

Pissed guy behind me was giving it......"10 men and his dug couldnae lift Nade away":faf:
Funny as:agree: and not the first time:greengrin
Loads of folk laughing when his son , sitting a few seats away, told him to sit down and stop embarrassing him:greengrin

maximushibee
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
i just think the FF could offer that wee bit more thats what its all about at football grounds giving the opponents it tight.. i do take in account that its a family stand before anyone politely reminds:greengrin

RoYO!
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Even the East seemed a little subdued the last two games except for the guy near me around Row X Seat 60 who tries every week to get everyone going! Top Guy whoever he is :thumbsup:

:agree: :thumbsup:

the guy's non stop! :greengrin joined in with him a few times but never got a song off the ground!

BigKev
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
To be fair we were a bit down at half time and Graeme Smith made a good attempt at whipping the Eaststanders into a sing song immediately after the break.

whiskyhibby
03-01-2010, 10:32 PM

:jamboid::jamboid:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Have you ever been to Tynie when we have been there ?
Exactly the same senario !

The away team fans feels hemmed in and get a bit more tribal.

Best atmosphere i've been in was the away end at Tynie doing the Hibees bounce. Magic:notworthy:

greglauder
03-01-2010, 10:46 PM
away supporters usually make more noise than home supporters

same at ibrox and tynie earlier on in the season for our away games

hibby4ever
03-01-2010, 10:47 PM
we were in the ff stand and was giving the keeper a tough time and all the hearts players that come near our bit as we were down in the front row

loved the moment when mikey stewart was down on the ground gave him mega abuse

LancashireHibby
03-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I was in the West Lower towards the Hearts end and although it wasn't exactly rocking in that section, it was a pretty decent atmosphere and the Hearts players were getting pelters whenever they were in that corner.

Thought Sunshine on Leith before the game was as loud as I've heard since the cup final, one of the lads who came up with me said it made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck, and that's from someone who was at his first Hibs game (has a season ticket at Old Trafford, so I think he picked the right game!)

RickyS
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Got to say atmosphere in the north stand looked terrible, i was in the east myself and one of the fans hit the nail on the head.. Why does the north stand not give any abuse to the hearts goalkeeper or any other goalkeeper.. i was in the north stand for the rangers game and maka got more boo's from us than the hearts keeper? why? get on the backs of the goalkeepers put them off shocking support:duck:

does maka no count as an opposition keeper?.......sorry wrong thread

ma uncle sits in the FF and says that the atmosphere is terrible and naebody sings. I said, do you sing when it gets goin?......me! naw im too auld for that

Cabbage East
04-01-2010, 01:17 AM
I had to sit in the west today. Absolutely dire. The support in that stand is pathetic. More interested in getting snacks than getting behind the boys, in a derby. Unbelievable.

marinello59
04-01-2010, 04:20 AM
I had to sit in the west today. Absolutely dire. The support in that stand is pathetic. More interested in getting snacks than getting behind the boys, in a derby. Unbelievable.

Perhaps the club should ban these pathetic supporters.:bitchy:

Red Cabbage
04-01-2010, 08:19 AM
:jamboid::jamboid:

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

sorry mate - didn't realise you had to get to a whopping 393 posts to not to be classed as a lurker!

Red Cabbage
04-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Have you ever been to Tynie when we have been there ?
Exactly the same senario !

The away team fans feels hemmed in and get a bit more tribal.

Best atmosphere i've been in was the away end at Tynie doing the Hibees bounce. Magic:notworthy:

Yeah I have been going to their dump for 23 years and while I agree that our away support do give a much better effort than at ER it is still not good enough. We sing the same old songs that even bore us to the point that we can't finish them or keep them going for any length of time. Sadly, singing or getting new songs to catch on and become regulars has never been our strong point and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded. I would love it to be different because I love a great song, but I can probably count on 1 hand the number of good new songs that have become regulars since I started going to ER 25 years ago and that is woeful whatever way you look at it!

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Have always said that the lower stands are full of people with folded arms and bairns eating sweeties, I say move them upstairs and get the bams down the front and give it some welly, far too many "quiet" types at ER these days, the old wooden North stand was THE place to be at games like this, looks like they are long gone now

legends of 73
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM

too true mate one guy went for a pish or a pie about 6 ****ing times and was getting on my tits was on the verge of telling him to fudging sit on his nat king cole and watch the game:grr::grr::grr:

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 09:16 AM
The East made a decent enough racket in the first half, but I thought the stadium was very quiet in general for the last 35 minutes. There was a lot of tension in the ground as it became evident that the next goal would be the winner.

Andy74
04-01-2010, 09:17 AM
I used to love the East, no better place but for me I won't go back there now until its rebuilt.

We got tickets for about 6 of us and they were tright up the back near the away end. Couldn't see half the pitch and were threatended with physical violence for standing in the seats we had the tickets for because some jakie opunters who usually stand there each week wanted to be able to carry on doing so.

When it was standing you could move away from the real nut jobs.

Of course the seats are designed for sitting on and so you could probably get a view of the pitch if everyone was sat down but as Hibs have never attempted to steward this its not going to happen.

As I say, used to love it but it's not worth it now, not when you have jakies threatening you just for taking your own ticketed seat.

Never going to get the atmposhere in the FF or the West, just the way it is when you have more families or more reserved types!

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM
We were up the back of the west stand, right next to the ****s, in fact we couldn't see them we were that close to the end of the stand. I thought we got behind the team better than we have for a long time. Up beside us, there was a lot of singing, and getting behind the team.

Steve20
04-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Why people feel the need to start threads slagging off fellow Hibs fans is beyond me.

Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
04-01-2010, 09:50 AM

:bitchy:

I sit in the West and I'll give my full vocal support to the opposition if I want to.

marinello59
04-01-2010, 10:05 AM
:bitchy:

I sit in the West and I'll give my full vocal support to the opposition if I want to.

Fair enough, but remember, snacks first.:agree:

madgoalie87
04-01-2010, 10:11 AM
I think the club could do more to aid the atmosphere as well, more hibs songs played,volume turned down a bit.and get a passionate hibby on the mic,remember stotty against athens?

Spoonjilloun
04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
famous five lower is a family stand - seats are cheaper than upper so there are more kids. coupl of matches back and one guy asked anohter to watch his mouth for the kids. it will always be like that. i sit there cos i prefer to watch a match from behind the goals but there aint much atmosphere. most people around me have been there for years. i have just accepted that though and enjoy the atmosphere being an away supporter.

Franck Stanton
04-01-2010, 10:46 AM
At start of season I moved from East to FF stand as my wife decided she wanted s/ticket. This lasted for 4 games, no atmosphere, singing,SUPPORT at all. Whenever I started to join in the chants/songs generated from other stands you would have thought I had grown another head with the reaction af all around me. Conclusion - Too many Hibs WATCHERS and not enough SUPPORTERS.
Sorry guys but being a SUPPORTER means more than just turning up to watch, do yourselves [and everyone else - including the team] a favour, join in, you never know you may just enjoy yourselves.

krobertson12
04-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Seems to me that people forget that its not just the "working man" who watches football. I dont mean that in a nasty way at all. Purely some people dont want to stand up and chant for 90 minutes. Me being one of them. Frankly I find the east as it is quite intimidating when i sit in it due to the aggressiveness (and passion) of the fans that usually sit there.

I sit in the West with my Dad, he is the quiet type who doesnt sing like many in the West. What do we do? We watch the game, have a laugh, shout at the players (like many others in the stand) and we cheer/applaud our team on and off the pitch aswell as a good tackle, good attempt at goal/save or goal. That does not make me less of a supporter than those who sing every minute of the game.

And just on a side note... Everyone that says all the boring sods should sit together so the hardcore can sing together... we already sit together in the FF and the West, if you dont want to sit with us, sit in the East and stop complaining :wink:

PiemanP
04-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Apart from the last 3 sections in the east the atmosphere is dire at every game. Worst bit about these 3 sections is because of the way the stand is built not much noise actually gets out.

The FF and west have absolutly no atmosphere, canni even stand up FFS :grr:

WeaselHibby
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
First post for me, normally I just like reading the posts and enjoying the mocking of our less educated neighbours but some of the comments in this thread annoyed me. My first hibs game was in '84 friendly against celtic arranged due to snow cancelling most of the games, Benny Brazil scored a hatrick and I was hooked from then on and I have been going on and off ever since. I have season tickets for the FF lower as I take my 3 year old son with me. To question the amount of support this section, of which a large proportion is parents and children gives our beloved team is insulting. My son and other children are the future of our club and should be encoureged at every oppertunity to follow Edinburghs Finest. When a song starts up we will join in with everyone around us, insults are directed at the opposition on a regular basis as aswell as a snowball at that prick Susso yesterday. When I am at a match my number one priority is the well being of my son and if keeping an eye on him causes me to miss certain points in the game that other fans in the ground react to vocally then so be it. If the action causes people to stand then I will pick him up so he can see whats going on but if someone wants to stand in front of us for the majority of the game then I will ask them to sit down.
But make no mistake myself and my son are Hibs supporters and will be Hibees till we die. To those people who have been in the FF for the last couple of games and didnt enjoy it why were you sitting there anyway as if you were a real "supporter" surely you would have a season ticket for the east:wink:

budboy38
04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
got a ticket for the derby for me and my youngest daughter , the first time in years ive been back in the east for a derby...ahhh the memories .
:thumbsup:
I wanted to sample that atmosphere of 15/20 years ago. however apart from sunshine on leith at kick off, i was dissapointed with the lack of singing !!! its a derby for frcks sake !!! even when i was hurling abuse at our jambo friends it felt like a losing battle.. were did the atmosphere go ?

I tell you where..the scottish parliament ! cant do this cant sing that, incase it offends, for frecks sake , what a nanny state we live in now!!

remember the rangers singing their bile and celtic singing there shameful pro ira songs in the 80,s did i get offended..did i hell, we just thought what f*nnys and tried to out sing them !! GGTTH

marinello59
04-01-2010, 08:06 PM
got a ticket for the derby for me and my youngest daughter , the first time in years ive been back in the east for a derby...ahhh the memories .
:thumbsup:
I wanted to sample that atmosphere of 15/20 years ago. however apart from sunshine on leith at kick off, i was dissapointed with the lack of singing !!! its a derby for frcks sake !!! even when i was hurling abuse at our jambo friends it felt like a losing battle.. were did the atmosphere go ?

I tell you where..the scottish parliament ! cant do this cant sing that, incase it offends, for frecks sake , what a nanny state we live in now!!
remember the rangers singing their bile and celtic singing there shameful pro ira songs in the 80,s did i get offended..did i hell, we just thought what f*nnys and tried to out sing them !! GGTTH

:faf:

LancashireHibby
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Apart from the last 3 sections in the east the atmosphere is dire at every game. Worst bit about these 3 sections is because of the way the stand is built not much noise actually gets out.

The FF and west have absolutly no atmosphere, canni even stand up FFS :grr:
I was stood up for the full 90 minutes in the West Lower, albeit on the back row, and to my right hand side I'd probably say the back 3-4 rows were all stood up for the full game.

TamHibs
04-01-2010, 08:17 PM
I sit in the FF and right behind me there are 2 young guys n an older guy (guessing one of their dads) and all they do is constantly for 90 minutes every week moan about everything hibs. AGainst Motherwell they even moaned about the strip. Not one Hibs player ever does anything right according to these guys. I don't understand why collectively they would pay ovber £1k a season for their season tickets and moan. IMO fans like that should be sitting in the away end.

woody47
04-01-2010, 08:29 PM
too true mate one guy went for a pish or a pie about 6 ****ing times and was getting on my tits was on the verge of telling him to fudging sit on his nat king cole and watch the game:grr::grr::grr:

Thats why I moved to the easy from the west upper. There were a few to££ers who always came in late, back and forward to the pesh house or getting pies and ALWAYS having a go at one player or another. Really dont know why they bothered. I did have a go at them a few times but they just didn't give a monkey's abiut anyone else other than themselves. Self opinionated pr!cks :grr:
Only sat there as my son was too young for the east but not now :thumbsup:
As for Sunday, it was fairly bouncing where we were. Never heard the yams until they scored although 2nd half seemd like the whole ground just went flat except for five minutes or so after we scored.

Spoonjilloun
09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
At start of season I moved from East to FF stand as my wife decided she wanted s/ticket. This lasted for 4 games, no atmosphere, singing,SUPPORT at all. Whenever I started to join in the chants/songs generated from other stands you would have thought I had grown another head with the reaction af all around me. Conclusion - Too many Hibs WATCHERS and not enough SUPPORTERS.
Sorry guys but being a SUPPORTER means more than just turning up to watch, do yourselves [and everyone else - including the team] a favour, join in, you never know you may just enjoy yourselves.

if u go to the football it your choice if you want to sing or no. sick of people thinking just cause they shout and sing they are biggger hibs fans. some people just don't want to.