PDA

View Full Version : To all those who thought Smith was at fault...

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Read the match updates thread and for those who thought Smith should have been gettting to the goal..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMfAxeF_po

................really??!!

hibee-shtuggie
03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
did someone actually say he was at fault, hogg lost the initial header and then he lost his man in the box - hoggs fault. good finish though has to be said

GlesgaeHibby
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Read the match updates thread and for those who thought Smith should have been gettting to the goal..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMfAxeF_po

................really??!!

Who has even suggested that Smith was at fault? It was an excellent finish.

hibee_girl
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
From what I read no one said he was at fault, only that Maka could have got to the ball :wink::greengrin

Haymaker
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Good finish... *******.

BEEJ
03-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Just the usual wind-up merchants desperate to create another 15 page Maka thread. :rolleyes:

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Cannae be blaming Smith for that :bitchy:

He took a right sair yin from Nade at one point and ended up smashing his head on the ground but he still didnt drop the ball:thumbsup:

--------
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
did someone actually say he was at fault, hogg lost the initial header and then he lost his man in the box - hoggs fault. good finish though has to be said

He wouldn't have had room to finish of Hogg hadn't been backing off him like that.

But doesn't someone ALWAYS come on about now to shred the goalie?

.... or are we giiving Smith a couple of weeks grace - lulling him into a false sense of security before we all jump on him together and tell him he's 'not Hibs class'? :devil:

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Well taken goal but poor defending - nowt to do wth the keeper who had a good game.

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Few of the quotes on the match thread:

1: "Can I be the first to say that Maka would have saved that"

Originally Posted by Fergus http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2295434#post2295434)
Can I be the first to say that Maka would have saved that
2: "Just what I was thinking! Smith is a panic signing. What is it with Hibs and goalies?"

3: "Good finish but close to the keeper. I think Maka would have saved it"

I really hope the tongue was firmly in the cheek with regards to the above comments!!!

jabis
03-01-2010, 07:16 PM
No offence to the OP,and with due respect,also,IMHO,........................

:wtf: are you on about ?

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fergus http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2295434#post2295434)
2: "Just what I was thinking! Smith is a panic signing. What is it with Hibs and goalies?"

I really hope the tongue was firmly in the cheek with regards to the above comments!!!

FFS - it didn't take them long. And they're the ones that go on about Maka not being given a fair chance!

ancient hibee
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Don't think Smith is a proper name for a Hibs goalie.

See Hogg didn't learn from last week and so did not get right on top of the player and make a block.Really defending in the SPL is a joke.

Sas_The_Hibby
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Is that Chick Young commentating? :greengrin

Westie1875
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Hogg was at fault, nothing Smith could do.

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 07:22 PM
It was a piss poor attempt at a save, he looked like a jakey staggering about looking for a fish supper at a busstop. Another in our long line of calamity goalies:yawn:

New Corrie
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Well taken goal but poor defending - nowt to do wth the keeper who had a good game.

Spot on, the laddie caught it as flush as! Thought the keeper looked decent and not remotely nervous throughout.

--------
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM
It was a piss poor attempt at a save, he looked like a jakey staggering about looking for a fish supper at a busstop. Another in our long line of calamity goalies:yawn:

PLEASE tell me you're joking, hb.

PLEASE. :cool2:

jabis

:thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
Spot on, the laddie caught it as flush as! Thought the keeper looked decent and not remotely nervous throughout.

Thought he let the Hearts fans get to him a bit after a poor kick out in the second half, but otherwise thought he was okay - didn't have much to do, however!

hibee-shtuggie
03-01-2010, 07:27 PM

nonsense, hope youre at the wind up

Bostonhibby
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
guy picked his spot wi some style as he had all the time and space he needed to do it, his certainly wasn't distracted by our defensive threat. Nothing Smith could do about it. I thought he had a good debut and I wasn't scared to look every time he was called into action.

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 07:29 PM

It would have been a bonus if he'd saved it.It was a crisp finish passing by Smith's right hand side by a yard .....

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 07:30 PM

I spoke to him before the game and asked him if he was nervous to be making his debut in a Derby.

He said
"Nah man , i'm f******* buzzing ! I've been sat on my erse for 3 months and i cannae wait"

Took a proper clout from Nade and still held the ball:agree:

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 07:31 PM
PLEASE tell me you're joking, hb.

PLEASE. :cool2:

That would represent the death of irony, so I won't:wink:

jabis
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM

I'm with ya !

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 07:46 PM

The tiresome Hibs Spain is long overdue slating Smith. If I've missed his inevitable thread then feel free to redirect me.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM

:agree: That was part of my argument the other week.

Kaiser_Sauzee
03-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe people coming on here constantly slagging off players should get to the game.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Maybe people coming on here constantly slagging off players should get to the game.

:top marks

Yeah baby :agree:

frazeHFC
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
I don't think anyone was at fault, it was a good goal and Smith is not a panic signing, he is a good keeper, i wanted us to sign him when he was at Motherwell

sahib
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
I don't think anyone could seriously criticise the keeper for that goal.

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Hogg was at fault, nothing Smith could do.Apart from stick right arm out.

hibee-shtuggie
03-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Apart from stick right arm out.

would have been pointless. nothing he could do.

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't think anyone could seriously criticise the keeper for that goal.

He's the goalkeeper isnt he? Last time I looked it was the goalkeepers job to save shots on goal. He let one in today so he's a useless failure.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM

There he is. :rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Was a superb finish, no keeper would have got to that but have a close look at the marking from our captain..

Pathetic :bitchy:

zlatan

:hilarious

I like Hibs Spain, leave him alone :grr:

Hibs Spain
The tiresome Hibs Spain is long overdue slating Smith. If I've missed his inevitable thread then feel free to redirect me.There's nothing to slate.The guy sclaffed a pass back,duffed a goal kick, was beaten by a well struck ball that he might have got a hand to.... A few other things but nothing that you wouldn't see at every game every week .... It's acceptable. Unless you're Maka :wink: .. Forget Maka in terms of Hibs. He's toast. Yogi wants to go with the Stack,Smith standard because he feels more comfortable with that kind of keeper as I'm sure you do.... So let's get on with it ..

(((Fergus)))
03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Fact is Maka's arms are about 4 inches longer than that wee laddy's, therefore he would have saved it. :agree:

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:08 PM
There's nothing to slate.The guy sclaffed a pass back,duffed a goal kick, was beaten by a well struck ball that he might have got a hand to.... A few other things but nothing that you wouldn't see at every game every week .... It's acceptable. Unless you're Maka :wink: .. Forget Maka in terms of Hibs. He's toast. Yogi wants to go with the Stack,Smith standard because he feels more comfortable with that kind of keeper as I'm sure you do.... So let's get on with it ..

Christ. You are beyond satire.

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Christ. You are beyond satire.

Did you not see Life of Brian?:confused:

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Did you not see Life of Brian?:confused:

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Fact is Maka's arms are about 4 inches longer than that wee laddy's, therefore he would have saved it. :agree:

I'm not so sure - he'd probably still be diving for it. :wink:

Poor show from the pro-Maka brigade doing this to the new guy - it's not his fault that Maka's a bomb-scare and Yogi's found him out.

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Smiths kicking is no improvement at all ..made a horlicks both of back passes, which he seemed unable to take first time giving the forward time to close, and a couple of bye kicks as well. Persisted with long from hand clearences when Stokes was not likley to get anything from 2 centre halfs...and yet proved he was decent from hand with the long through a few times which at least kept possesion....but then stopped using it

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Smiths kicking is no improvement at all ..made a horlicks both of back passes, which he seemed unable to take first time giving the forward time to close, and a couple of bye kicks as well. Persisted with long from hand clearences when Stokes was not likley to get anything from 2 centre halfs...and yet proved he was decent from hand with the long through a few times which at least kept possesion....but then stopped using it

So he's definitely *****e then, no point in Yogi ever playing him again...

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM

Thats a very quick and harsh judgement on a player who has only played 90 minutes, surley you can cut him a bit of slack :dunno:

BEEJ
03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
:fishin: But with that similar degree of certainty .....

... Maka would NEVER have got to that Ian Black shot later in the match.

:rolleyes:

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
There's nothing to slate.The guy sclaffed a pass back,duffed a goal kick, was beaten by a well struck ball that he might have got a hand to.... A few other things but nothing that you wouldn't see at every game every week .... It's acceptable. Unless you're Maka :wink: .. Forget Maka in terms of Hibs. He's toast. Yogi wants to go with the Stack,Smith standard because he feels more comfortable with that kind of keeper as I'm sure you do.... So let's get on with it ..

get a grip you wind up merchant. Yogi chooses to go with Smith and Stack because they are more reliable than Makalambay. He does make some very good saves, but then drops some clangers. I always said Makalambay would one day be a good goalie, but we haven't got the time to wait for that. It's not a surprise that everyone that sits around me at the game was delighted to see Smith start instead of Maka.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Thats a very quick and harsh judgement on a player who has only played 90 minutes, surley you can cut him a bit of slack :dunno:

I was replying to what I saw as unfair criticism of G. Smith. Maybe I misread your post, if so then you must accept my most abject apologies.

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM

How far down the leagues in England do you have to go and which seat in the stand do you have to sit in before you're considered an every day keeper that fans don't scream at if he doesn't save a ball going into the postage stamp or bottom corner?

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
How far down the leagues in England do you have to go and which seat in the stand do you have to sit in before you're considered an every day keeper that fans don't scream at if he doesn't save a ball going into the postage stamp or bottom corner?

Thats got to be the most complicated question ive ever read on here:faf: Remember; subject-verb-object:greengrin

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 08:42 PM
get a grip you wind up merchant. Yogi chooses to go with Smith and Stack because they are more reliable than Makalambay. He does make some very good saves, but then drops some clangers. I always said Makalambay would one day be a good goalie, but we haven't got the time to wait for that. It's not a surprise that everyone that sits around me at the game was delighted to see Smith start instead of Maka.

:rolleyes: EH Flynn was on the bench...were you even at the game

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM

Jesus H. Christ, if you want a debate then don't talk nonsense.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Jesus H. Christ, if you want a debete then don't talk nonsense.

Whats nonsense ?

I know what he means !

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM

behave, read Hibs pains post that I was replying to

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
:fishin: But with that similar degree of certainty .....

... Maka would NEVER have got to that Ian Black shot later in the match.

:rolleyes:Or the ball that went right across the two yard line in the 2nd half ..Miraculously missing a forward's foot...

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
behave, read Hibs pains post that I was replying to

Replying by talking rubbish.... that will win the argument.:applause:

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Whats nonsense ?

I know what he means !

The nonsense in the post that I quoted. If Hibs Spain cares to come back on and clarify whatever the ***** he was talking about, then I'll be happy to continue the debate with him.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
The nonsense in the post that I quoted. If Hibs Spain cares to come back on and clarify whatever the ***** he was talking about, then I'll be happy to continue the debate with him.

How far down the leagues do you have to go before fans stop calling for the keepers head when a perfectly good goal has been scored in the postage stamp or bottom corner !!

Whats wrong with that ?

MSK
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Hibs Spain loves all the attention you lot are giving him ..ignore him & he will go away ffs !!!

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Hibs Spain loves all the attention you lot are giving him ..ignore him & he will go away ffs !!!

Yeah HH !! Lets ignore someone who goes to the matches and allow those who don't to abuse him at every opportunity !!

New Corrie
03-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I spoke to him before the game and asked him if he was nervous to be making his debut in a Derby.

He said
"Nah man , i'm f******* buzzing ! I've been sat on my erse for 3 months and i cannae wait"

That's good to hear SG, because it's a pretty nerve wracking situation,

He certainly enjoyed the equaliser.

Glorious
03-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Hogg to blame, not Smith imho.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
How far down the leagues do you have to go before fans stop calling for the keepers head when a perfectly good goal has been scored in the postage stamp or bottom corner !!

Whats wrong with that ?

That's quite the opposite of Hibs Spain's modus operandi - he's the first to say that Stack should have got down to a shot (Maka would have saved it :rolleyes:), and now Smith is getting it...he should have got a hand to it (Maka would have saved it :rolleyes:). That's why I'm calling out Hibs Spain for talking *****e (not for the first time).

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2010, 08:59 PM

He means generally... as he previously stated.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
That's quite the opposite of Hibs Spain's modus operandi - he's the first to say that Stack should have got down to a shot (Maka would have saved it :rolleyes:), and now Smith is getting it...he should have got a hand to it (Maka would have saved it :rolleyes:). That's why I'm caling out Hibs Spain for talking *****e (not for the first time).

Sorry man but that not the way i read it.

Seems to me he is saying all keepers can make wee errors but Maka's were highlighted more :cool2:

Anyway , i'm sure he can speak for himself. He's a big boy.

steakbake
03-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Keeper had absolutely no chance at all and I can't really understand how anyone could think it was. It was a really well taken shot which was right into the corner. Hogg could have been better placed as far as I could see, but even then, it was just one of these things.

MSK
03-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Yeah HH !! Lets ignore someone who goes to the matches and allow those who don't to abuse him at every opportunity !!Crap SG & you know it ..folk on here cant wait to hear his views right or wrong but he plays to the audience too & thrives on it ..make no mistake !!!

Some of his stuff is utter guff & pointless, akin to trolling....why ..?...:confused:

weecounty hibby
03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
This is my first post on the goalkeeping issue as I have tried really hard to keep out of it as some folk have been posting the most inbelievable pish. Maka - makes some incredible saves but also makes some basic unforced errors.
Stack seems to be a bit more reliable
Smith I also think will turn out to be more reliable than Maka.
There is no point keeping out the top corner shots and then throwing the ball into your own net (tynecastle) kicking the ball off of opposition forwards (pittodrie) and various other basic errors. The top corner shots are once every two or three weeks but crosses into box etc happen time after time so need to be dealt with.

steakbake
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
This is my first post on the goalkeeping issue as I have tried really hard to keep out of it as some folk have been posting the most inbelievable pish. Maka - makes some incredible saves but also makes some basic unforced errors.
Stack seems to be a bit more reliable
Smith I also think will turn out to be more reliable than Maka.
There is no point keeping out the top corner shots and then throwing the ball into your own net (tynecastle) kicking the ball off of opposition forwards (pittodrie) and various other basic errors. The top corner shots are once every two or three weeks but crosses into box etc happen time after time so need to be dealt with.

It's a good first post on the goalkeeping issue as far as I'm concerned. Totally right. Even if Smith had been at fault, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a keeper as unreliable as Maka has/had become.

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Sorry man but that not the way i read it.

Seems to me he is saying all keepers can make wee errors but Maka's were highlighted more :cool2:

Anyway , i'm sure he can speak for himself. He's a big boy.Ahhemm...TALL ...and getting less BIG by the week! I'll be back my fighting weight by March!

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Crap SG & you know it ..folk on here cant wait to hear his views right or wrong but he plays to the audience too & thrives on it ..make no mistake !!!

Some of his stuff is utter guff & pointless, akin to trolling....why ..?...:confused:Would that be the same kind of guff as peole talking about the weather or what they're having for breakfast or how drunk they got or does anyone know if there are any cars on the M8???? Or is "guff" anything that doesn't suit your points of view?

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Would that be the same kind of guff as peole talking about the weather or what they're having for breakfast or how drunk they got or does anyone know if there are any cars on the M8???? Or is "guff" anything that doesn't suit your points of view?

I believe the 'guff' that HH is alluding to is the constant slating of Hibs goalkeepers who, despite their parents desparate attempts to appease Hibs Spain, were not born Yves Makabu-Makalambay...

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Replying by talking rubbish.... that will win the argument.:applause:

please tell me what part of my reply was talking rubbish? Just so I can learn for the future!

MSK
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Would that be the same kind of guff as peole talking about the weather or what they're having for breakfast or how drunk they got or does anyone know if there are any cars on the M8???? Or is "guff" anything that doesn't suit your points of view?Your constant boring guff about Maka etc ..the same guff the majority of your posts/threads are about ..you know ..your usual attention seeking craptrap ..

skipster7
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
It's a good first post on the goalkeeping issue as far as I'm concerned. Totally right. Even if Smith had been at fault, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a keeper as unreliable as Maka has/had become.

thought the guy had a good solid debut, particulary liked when facing up the braindead at the start of the second half when they were trying to wind him up.also seemed able to protect himself like Goram with his elbows up v Nade in the second half.1 or 2 kicks were iffy but the pitch did seem pretty poor so gets the benefit of the doubt. as Yogi says 7/10 but seems a safer bet than maka for reliability.:agree:

--------
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM

God forbid I should be responsible for the death of irony....

.... but we now have a four-page thread about our THIRD first-team keeper of the season.

:rolleyes:

Twa Cairpets
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Whit?

Do you ever think about things before you post, or is it just a kind of brain dump thing youve got going on here?

skipster7
03-01-2010, 09:36 PM
lenth of arms is irrelevant when you are slower going down than porty power station:bitchy:

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Your constant boring guff about Maka etc ..the same guff the majority of your posts/threads are about ..you know ..your usual attention seeking craptrap ..You might find or consider it attention seeking because you and your buddies don't agree with my views.And if my views grab your attention,all the better because that's what I post for.To get my views across.I don't abuse,insult,or try and humiliate other posters as many do to me.

Houchy
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
You might find or consider it attention seeking because you and your buddies don't agree with my views.And if my views grab your attention,all the better because that's what I post for.To get my views across.I don't abuse,insult,or try and humiliate other posters as many do to me.

:dummytit:

Maka's psh!!! Now where's that tin hat???

ArabHibee
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
You might find or consider it attention seeking because you and your buddies don't agree with my views.And if my views grab your attention,all the better because that's what I post for.To get my views across.I don't abuse,insult,or try and humiliate other posters as many do to me.

:agree::top marksThat's probably the first one of your posts I've actually agreed with!

MSK
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM
You might find or consider it attention seeking because you and your buddies don't agree with my views.And if my views grab your attention,all the better because that's what I post for.To get my views across.I don't abuse,insult,or try and humiliate other posters as many do to me.Most of your views are repetitive attention seeking tosh though ..you do it for a reaction....& you love the reaction/attention ..

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM

:top marks

Can't agree more :cool2:

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Most of your views are repetitive attention seeking tosh though ..you do it for a reaction....& you love the reaction/attention ..

Why do you post HH ?
Do you look out for folk quoting your posts ?

Attention seeking bassa !:greengrin

Gatecrasher
03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Smith played well today anyone who thinks otherwise is talkin pish

--------
He's the goalkeeper isnt he? Last time I looked it was the goalkeepers job to save shots on goal. He let one in today so he's a useless failure.

You said it, man! (More irony, right?) He ain't Hibs class. :devil:

I like Hibs Spain, leave him alone :grr:

Rubbish. He shows a lamentable lack of close control of his similes under pressure. He consistently flaps at hyperbole, and regularly loses all sense of his positioning in relation to his posts.

He may well be able to retrieve the odd exaggeration or distortion of events, and I agree he can be entertaining at times, but he can't handle low shots into his box. And he's predictable - the opposition's reading him much too easily, I'm afraid.

I'm sorry, mate, but (IMHO) he just isn't good enough for our great forum.

He gotta go. :wink:

Poor show from the pro-Maka brigade doing this to the new guy - it's not his fault that Maka's a bomb-scare and Yogi's found him out.

I haven't seen Smith except briefly in highlights, though a pal who watched our game straight on after the OF game said to me that Smith was perfectly sound and did OK and more for a keeper making his debut in a local derby.

This is what I've been complaining about now for a wee while - I don't mind folks defending players they like - that's everyone's right - but we have a clique who're determined on "Maka good - Stack/Smith bad" (and another just as set on "Stack/Smith good, Maka bad". We have this garbage after every game now, and ALL our keepers end up getting pelters from someone.

The truth is that we have a number of weaknesses in our defence, especially when Bamba's out. IMO we need to sign or develop a couple of sound full-backs, so that we can play Ian Murray alongside Sol (or some other large, mobile, dominating centre-half) in the middle.

The goal we're talking about looks to my eye to have been a good strike from Smith after a fair bit of decent work from Nade. However, Hogg backed off Smith and left him far too much room on the edge of our box. If we have to pout the blame on anyone, it should go to Hogg, IMO. I really don't see what Smith could reasonably have been expected to do about what seems to me to have been a pretty good strike.

MSK
Why do you post HH ?
Do you look out for folk quoting your posts ?

Attention seeking bassa !:greengrinI honestly couldnt gie a flying one if folk agree wi me or not when i post....i certainly dont go looking for them ..

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 09:59 PM
He means generally... as he previously stated.

Well that really is rubbish that you can't substantiate then as Yogi has never stated a preference...

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I honestly couldnt gie a flying one if folk agree wi me or not when i post....i certainly dont go looking for them ..

Its the first thing i look for:greengrin

Scan through the thread untill i see "Quote Sleeping Giant" !!

Makes my day:greengrin

MSK
03-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Its the first thing i look for:greengrin

Scan through the thread untill i see "Quote Sleeping Giant" !!

Makes my day:greengrinAttention seeker ..:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Well that really is rubbish that you can't substantiate then as Yogi has never stated a preference...

It's not rubbish. It was stated it in an earlier post. Scroll back.... Post 40.

"I" don't need to substantiate anything.

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 10:20 PM
It's not rubbish. It was stated it in an earlier post. Scroll back.... Post 40.

"I" don't need to substantiate anything.

It was stated that yogi chose to go with smith / stack as they are more reliable...that is utter rubbish that you are advocating as true :bitchy:

We had 3 fit keepers as of today U19 keeper / Flynn / Smith...not about preference / reliability but availability.

Yogi will choose the best performing of all of these when fit and available....but has never stated what was claimed..you can't take what you beleive and make it fact

MontrealHibs
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Cannae be blaming Smith for that :bitchy:

He took a right sair yin from Nade at one point and ended up smashing his head on the ground but he still didnt drop the ball:thumbsup:

The collision was with Hogg (he went over his head) watch the replay.

fife hfc
03-01-2010, 10:24 PM

yes somebody who won't drop a clanger every second game and give the opposition an easy goal. I'll except one of they goalies over your choice.

As for the goal a good finish but pish poor defending from Hogg.

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2010, 10:24 PM
It was stated that yogi chose to go with smith / stack as they are more reliable...that is utter rubbish that you are advocating as true :bitchy:

We had 3 fit keepers as of today U19 keeper / Flynn / Smith...not about preference / reliability but availability.

Yogi will choose the best performing of all of these when fit and available....but has never stated what was claimed..you can't take what you beleive and make it fact

OFGS.

I... that is ME... don't advocate anything except what CallumLaidlaw and Hibs Spain said in their posts. That is all. I have no knowledge or opinion about anything Yogi might or might not have said or thought.

That is all.

Oh, except for the spelling of "believe"...

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 10:25 PM
The collision was with Hogg (he went over his head) watch the replay.

Cheers for that. I have not watched the replay yet.
Did Nade get caught with Hogg too as it looked like he copped a sair yin !

Smith clattered his heid of the turf ! For a split second , i thought he would have been stretchered off !

fife hfc
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM

:bye: No ****ing way as the ball was hit so sweetly. maka couldnae save a shot that was hit right at him last week (Millers second).

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2010, 10:31 PM
OFGS.

I... that is ME... don't advocate anything except what CallumLaidlaw and Hibs Spain said in their posts. That is all. I have no knowledge or opinion about anything Yogi might or might not have said or thought.

That is all.

some people just like an argument CWG :wink:

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
:bye: No ****ing way as the ball was hit so sweetly. maka couldnae save a shot that was hit right at him last week (Millers second).

But thats because of Maka's 4 inch longer arms. Maka struggles because his extendable arms means hes at a disadvantage when shots are aimed directly at him. You have 4 inch longer arms, you use 'em:agree:

Smithy, watch the highlights and learn where you went wrong. Your arms are just too short.

down-the-slope
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
OFGS.

That is all.

Dyslexia rools KO :wink:

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 11:12 PM
:bye: No ****ing way as the ball was hit so sweetly. maka couldnae save a shot that was hit right at him last week (Millers second).Wise wise words .....Let's start a campaign to find out who the imposter was that saved the point blank bullet header against Motherwell...Maka was probably tied up and gagged in some dissused warehouse down the docks somewhere whilst a lookalike took over...:yawn:

Hainan Hibs
04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we all get behind the keeper Hughes picks no matter who it is?

Smith had a good debut and looks confident. I for one wish him the best of luck and hope he is a success at Hibs.

Broken Gnome
04-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Wise wise words .....Let's start a campaign to find out who the imposter was that saved the point blank bullet header against Motherwell...Maka was probably tied up and gagged in some dissused warehouse down the docks somewhere whilst a lookalike took over...:yawn:

Why did you pick an example there that you said on an earlier thread would have been saved by other keepers???

It's lunacy to suggest any other goalie could have made those saves ..Apart from the Motherwell one which was a point blank save that other good keepers might also have made

The_Horde
04-01-2010, 12:44 AM
And its nothing threads like this that give Hibs keepers a bad rep in the press. :grr:

DirtyDeeds
04-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Have a total bell-end who sits behind me who last week somehow managed to have big Maka culpable for 3 of the 4 goals (without any doubt either). In between him trying to educate Hanlon - who i thought played well - on the correct way to play left back, and bravely stating that Riordan was the difference between a draw and a heavy defeat :faf:, he managed to blame Smith for the goal and go genuinely mental when he came and took that high ball where he ended up landing on his head and holding the ball!!

Apparantly him coming for such passes is only going to cause indecision and the keeper was indeed trying to look good because he's a Jambo!!! Sometimes i really despair at the cretins that follow our club.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we all get behind the keeper Hughes picks no matter who it is?

Smith had a good debut and looks confident. I for one wish him the best of luck and hope he is a success at Hibs.

:top marks:top marks

I'm_cabbaged
04-01-2010, 01:26 AM

Don't think Fergus has been to a Hibs match in his life. :wink:

truehibernian
04-01-2010, 01:50 AM
What about Hogg being closer to his man and limiting the space young Gordon Smith had to shoot. Hogg had a mare all day and for me the new keeper looked decent given the tough baptism of a derby. One bad sclaffed bye kick was all I could fault him on today. Seemed good on the deck, did what he had to do when required, and came and caught the few balls that were crossed into the box. The media will continue their lazy spin on Hibs keepers, but with Smith, Stack Maka and Flynn we are quite comfy in that department now.

Beefster
04-01-2010, 08:10 AM
This thread is an embarrassment. A numerous page thread on whether a Hibs keeper is any good, after his debut where he did everything expected of him? We truly are the most clueless support in Scotland when it comes to goalkeepers.

And some folk wonder why the media have jumped on this particular bandwagon.

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 08:59 AM

Maka would never have got down quick enough so his arm being 4 inches longer nonsence is a joke :faf:

BEEJ
04-01-2010, 09:31 AM
This thread is an embarrassment. A numerous page thread on whether a Hibs keeper is any good, after his debut where he did everything expected of him? We truly are the most clueless support in Scotland when it comes to goalkeepers.

And some folk wonder why the media have jumped on this particular bandwagon.
:agree: :top marks

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Why did you pick an example there that you said on an earlier thread would have been saved by other keepers???Yesterdays shot would have been saved by other keepers.It was a well struck shot but very close to the goalie.

Andy74
04-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Yesterdays shot would have been saved by other keepers.It was a well struck shot but very close to the goalie.

Like 3 of the ones that got past Maka last week?

You really have no credibility when you don't apply standards equally.

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Yesterdays shot would have been saved by other keepers.It was a well struck shot but very close to the goalie.

I defend Maka at every opportunity, but even I am starting to get fed up with your ramblings.....

FWIW IMHO Smith had a decent/solid debut, and was faultless for the goal.....

Let's concentrate on the positives rather than point scoring over who would have done this or done that.............

Part/Time Supporter
04-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Smith made one more save yesterday than Maka made last week, against half as many shots.

Hey ho.

If some folk are that keen on Maka, why don't they go and watch his new team next season? Assuming he gets one and plays, that is.

:wink:

Mikey
04-01-2010, 10:32 AM
You chaps who want to undermine Smith just so that you can "win" a wee spat on a messageboard might want to consider the effect it could have on the player himself. And therefore the team!

Golden Bear
04-01-2010, 10:42 AM
You chaps who want to undermine Smith just so that you can "win" a wee spat on a messageboard might want to consider the effect it could have on the player himself. And therefore the team!

:agree:

This is an official bollocks thread if ever there was one.

Golden Bear
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM

I think its time you returned to you're institution - the holiday season is almost over.

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2010, 10:49 AM

I dont think so, as he'd probably have been subbed after the clash with Nade. Another mysterious injury would have occured, and the nancy boy keeper would be getting treatment in the royal infirmary for a heart problem.

Crab apple
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM

:agree: I didn't see the justification for the thread being started but having read some of the comments on here maybe I was wrong. IMHO Smith did nothing that cost us yesterday and he appears to have a large dose of self confidence, which keepers need.

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
You chaps who want to undermine Smith just so that you can "win" a wee spat on a messageboard might want to consider the effect it could have on the player himself. And therefore the team!I'm not having a spat with anyone.I just made the point that Smith had a few sclaffed kicks from pass backs and one duffed goal kick which is pretty much normal during 90 mins. Unless you're Maka. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Bombscare, clown, not Hibs class etc etc etc

hibsbollah
04-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Bombscare, clown, not Hibs class etc etc etc

You forgot He's an accident waiting to happen:cool2:

Speedway
04-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm not having a spat with anyone.I just made the point that Smith had a few sclaffed kicks from pass backs and one duffed goal kick which is pretty much normal during 90 mins. Unless you're Maka. :wink:

Best wind up merchant on .net bar none. Get people going everytime.

Gatecrasher
04-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Best wind up merchant on .net bar none. Get people going everytime.

he's clearly at it like :agree:

Hibs Spain
04-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I dont think so, as he'd probably have been subbed after the clash with Nade. Another mysterious injury would have occured, and the nancy boy keeper would be getting treatment in the royal infirmary for a heart problem.

Fortune just jumped early and 9 out of ten every week Mcgregor was static under the ball. It was poor on the part of Mcgregor and was an error of judgement by Steve Conroy! Result? Foul on the goalie. Goalie not in hospital with heart problems!

Dashing Bob S
05-01-2010, 10:32 AM

:top marks for both posts.

Hibs7
05-01-2010, 11:59 AM

Maka was nearer to Millers shot last week and went down for it like a leaf, also much closer to Novo's shot and din't he do well with that, !!!

Hibs Spain
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Maka was nearer to Millers shot last week and went down for it like a leaf, also much closer to Novo's shot and din't he do well with that, !!!Just a wee obsevation..I had a really good angle when Stewart squared it across goal in the first half.Smith left loads of space at his near post,I presume he was committing the sin of trying to cover two options.I really thought Stewart was going to pass it in at the near post and couldn't believe he chose to slide the ball across.Result?Their boy didn't get to it,no goal.....No problem. "The goalie done well" :wink: