PDA

View Full Version : Mikey Stewarts yellow card

Www1875hfc
03-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Certainly took one for the team did Mikey eh.
He knew exactly what he was doing :agree:
If that was only a yellow card,why not play the advantage rule,then book him.
Ah thought it was deliberate and merited a straight red :dunno:

Landells
03-01-2010, 07:01 PM
There was no way that was just a yellow, he was a pest all game. :bitchy:

Westie1875
03-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Certainly took one for the team did Mikey eh.
He knew exactly what he was doing :agree:
If that was only a yellow card,why not play the advantage rule,then book him.
Ah thought it was deliberate and merited a straight red :dunno:

Hibs looked like scoring if he'd played advantage, we were in behind.

Richmond :grr:

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
There was no way that was just a yellow, he was a pest all game. :bitchy:He had one of his trademark, petulant kicks at one of the Hibs players as well which could/should have been a yellow card, might have been at Miller?

Deek01
03-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Similar to Mcmanus's on Driver, no intention to win the ball but full intention on taking Murray clean out...cynical and should have seen red.

priorparkhibby
03-01-2010, 08:11 PM
To be fair you could also say the same for McBrides booking, he knew what he was doing and made no attempt for the ball.

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
To be fair you could also say the same for McBrides booking, he knew what he was doing and made no attempt for the ball.

That ginger tw*ts was worse though. Far worse.

ian cruise
03-01-2010, 08:13 PM
i thought it was a red, knew exactly what he was doing, think mcbride was working on the theory of if its good enough for them then its good enough for us

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Exactly the same foul as McBride's.. :agree:

McBride gave us the bite that lacks with the non entity that is Rankin..

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Indeed. An intelligent booking, taking out the danger before it gets close to the 18 yard box.

Nothing like a red card, take off the emerald tinted monocle.

CropleyWasGod
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
i thought it was a red, knew exactly what he was doing, think mcbride was working on the theory of if its good enough for them then its good enough for us

Wasn't McBride's first? :confused:

EuanH78
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Agree with this, taking a booking for the team. Would want any of the Hibs players to do the same in that situation and McBride did just that a wee bit earlier.

We were unlucky advantage wasn't played though

priorparkhibby
03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Indeed. An intelligent booking, taking out the danger before it gets close to the 18 yard box.

Nothing like a red card, take off the emerald tinted monocle.

You will find that i have been a hibby all my life.

All i was saying is what you have said here - that both players knew what they were doing by stopping the attack go any further. Some say Stewarts should've been red, couldn't tell from where i was sat in West Stand so can't comment on that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Nah, it was just a yellow, but FFS why the ref did not play advantage only he will know.

weecounty hibby
03-01-2010, 09:13 PM
On another day Mikey may have seen red but why the **** did Susan not get sent off for two blatant dives and a hand around the face of Ian Murray after he had already been booked

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 09:22 PM
You will find that i have been a hibby all my life.

All i was saying is what you have said here - that both players knew what they were doing by stopping the attack go any further. Some say Stewarts should've been red, couldn't tell from where i was sat in West Stand so can't comment on that.

My 'emerald tinted' comment wasn't directed at you. If you read what I wrote then you'll see that I was agreeing with you.

'Clearly' my malice was aimed at those hypocrites who wanted Stewart sent off.

Peevemor
03-01-2010, 09:33 PM
My 'emerald tinted' comment wasn't directed at you. If you read what I wrote then you'll see that I was agreeing with you.

'Clearly' my malice was aimed at those hypocrites who wanted Stewart sent off.

I don't consider myself a hypocrite, but I think he should have been sent off. Going for the ball wasn't an option as it was too far away, so he decided to bring down Murray instead - and from behind too.

Straight red IMO.

renato
03-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Nah, it was just a yellow, but FFS why the ref did not play advantage only he will know.

:agree:

Summed up another frustrating performance from Richmond. After so many card happy performances, he was reluctant to book players when merited.....that Suso was lucky to stay on the park with his dives and hand slapping, never mind Mikey's constant back chat and professional fouls.

We were probably going to score if he had played advantage there, was absolutely raging with the attention seeking bufoon :grr:

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't consider myself a hypocrite, but I think he should have been sent off. Going for the ball wasn't an option as it was too far away, so he decided to bring down Murray instead - and from behind too.

Straight red IMO.

Definite booking, nothing like a straight red. I hope you can concede that McBride's was also a booking - otherwise you are the worst kind of hypocrite...a French hypocrite.

Peevemor
03-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Definite booking, nothing like a straight red. I hope you can concede that McBride's was also a booking - otherwise you are the worst kind of hypocrite...a French hypocrite.

:greengrin To be honest I didn't see McBride's challenge, but once I've watched the highlights You'll be the first to know one of my opinions.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
:greengrin To be honest I didn't see McBride's challenge, but once I've watched the highlights You'll be the first to know one of my opinions.

Consider my breath bated. :agree:

skipster7
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
the same could be said when subo got away from murray, both players took a booking for their team.:agree:

lapsedhibee
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM
McBride and Stewart's fouls were trivial compared with Lafferty's leg-breaking lunge on Hinkel (for which he got yellow).

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
It was a straight red as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it was much different to what Lee Miller did to Zemmama the other week.

He had absolutely no intention of playing the ball and he just took Murray out whilst he was in full flow, as he knew that he was on his way to their box.

renato
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
It was a straight red as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it was much different to what Lee Miller did to Zemmama the other week.

He had absolutely no intention of playing the ball and he just took Murray out whilst he was in full flow, as he knew that he was on his way to their box.

Either way though Richmond didn't think it merited a red.....therefore why didn't he play advantage? :confused:

We probably didn't deserve it but it was 3 on 2 and a great chance to win the game.