PDA

View Full Version : Judgement on progress after 22 games

Keith_M
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
After the Hamilton disaster, then being put out of the League Cup, a lot of Hibs fans were in a right tizzy about Yogi's tenure as manager. I said at the time that the best time to reflect on the progress that Yogi is making is after playing everyone home and away, after 22 league games.

I still think that's a good yardstick of the progress made. We should also have an idea of the kind of player Yogi wants at the club, having gone through two Transfer Windows.

If Hibs are still in the SC and remain (at least) 5 points above whoever's in 4th place, that'll well exceed my personal expectations from pre-season.

:notworthy:

--------
03-01-2010, 06:38 PM
We have home games against Hamilton and St Mirren, and away games against Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and Celtic in January. If we take 8 points from those games and have a place in the fourth round of the Cup I'll be more than happy with the team's progress.

If we do this we'll be well on course for a Europa place.

sahib
03-01-2010, 07:29 PM
After the Hamilton disaster, then being put out of the League Cup, a lot of Hibs fans were in a right tizzy about Yogi's tenure as manager. I said at the time that the best time to reflect on the progress that Yogi is making is after playing everyone home and away, after 22 league games.

I still think that's a good yardstick of the progress made. We should also have an idea of the kind of player Yogi wants at the club, having gone through two Transfer Windows.

If Hibs are still in the SC and remain (at least) 5 points above whoever's in 4th place, that'll well exceed my personal expectations from pre-season.

:notworthy:

But does Yogi?