PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied....

CB_NO3
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
... with the weekends results, not todays performance, thought we were pretty poor at times today. We are not going to catch the old firm and Dundee United will fall away and Hearts will take over them IMO. So for us to take a point keeping us 9 points clear of them with a game in hand, things are looking sweet for 3rd place and a place in Europe next season.

MrSmith
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Satisfied? No! Relieved? Very much!!

skipster7
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
thuoght the performance was as flat as the atmosphere, which for a derby was really poor{apart from the goal obviously}.a lot more noise comiming from the unwashed:confused:

Hibee_Rab
03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Atmosphere was great in the west :devil:

Sas_The_Hibby
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
... with the weekends results, not todays performance, thought we were pretty poor at times today. We are not going to catch the old firm and Dundee United will fall away and Hearts will take over them IMO. So for us to take a point keeping us 9 points clear of them with a game in hand, things are looking sweet for 3rd place and a place in Europe next season.

They'll have to keep fluking results to do this, as they look like they're absolute mince (not based just on today's game when we weren't much better). Their last four wins should have been 2 defeats (Kilmarnock and Celtic) and two draws (Falkirk and Motherwell) at best. If these things do really 'even out', they should get hammered regularly from now 'til the end of the season but, being Hearts, it probably won't even out..... :grr:

However, I'm relatively satisfied too. During their recent 'wonder run' of 7 games, Hearts have taken 14 points. In our last 7 games we've taken 12. At that rate it'll take them 31 more games to catch us, even if we lose our game in hand! :wink:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM

Totally agree with all of that. The last two matches have marked the beginning of the Old Firm pulling away from the rest. We won't catch either of them again this season IMO and we just need to concentrate on finishing 3rd. It will be a huge game in two weeks' time up at Tannadice and if we win that, we will be looking good for 3rd place, even a draw wouldn't be too bad. If we lose it, though, then Dundee Utd could be back in it.

It will be interesting to see if they have a new manager by then because they have certainly fallen away since Levein left. Personally I think Hearts will finish 4th now, I can't see Aberdeen finishing above them and I think they'll catch Dundee Utd, unless a new manager manages to rejuvenate them.

I think it was important today not to get beaten. It keeps us 9 points ahead of Hearts (with a game in hand over them) and we are now 5 points above Dundee Utd.

Hibs On Tour
03-01-2010, 10:38 PM
For all the doom and gloom about this that and the other, simple question:

When Yogi came in, would you have taken this table at this point in time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

Yes we need a RB, yes we need at least 1 CH but all in all I'm well happy with progress and think there should be a dolling out of some chill pills round here...

GGTTH FFS! :greengrin

truehibernian
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Satisfied with the point, but even more satisfied with the fact that a crowd of Hearts fans (Links Hotel, you know who you are :agree:), who thought they were hard and full of it, when Stokes equalised and they realised that there were four Hibees way harder than them, seemed to clamp up with their "Hibs have HIV", or "Hibs are Vermin" chants ! After that, they were quiet as church mouses. Arrogant, horrible, cowardly w**kers that they all are. Makes me want to hump them at Tynie even more.......wins are oh so much better there anyway. And they really are an ugly ugly rabble.......and their women are worse, as they were told :thumbsup:

Lmc2105
03-01-2010, 10:43 PM
For all the doom and gloom about this that and the other, simple question:

When Yogi came in, would you have taken this table at this point in time?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/table/default.stm

Yes we need a RB, yes we need at least 1 CH but all in all I'm well happy with progress and think there should be a dolling out of some chill pills round here...

GGTTH FFS! :greengrin

Cracking post mate and good on ye!

am sick to death with the negative vibes!

right okay we drew today against a very poor hearts side so what!!

still way ahead of them and doing very well being clear in 3rd place!

all is good atm yogi and the players and doing brill better than expected!!

i would have hated to see this board if we were in there position!!

cumon guys get the good feeling back!!:thumbsup:

GGTTH

hibeesliam94
03-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Completely agree mate:thumbsup:

My only dissapointment about today (bar not getting 3 points) was that nobody rose to the occasion and took the game by the scruff of the neck. Hearts are poor and we surely would have won if we'd shown up

Bishop Hibee
03-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Satisfied with the point, but even more satisfied with the fact that a crowd of Hearts fans (Links Hotel, you know who you are :agree:), who thought they were hard and full of it, when Stokes equalised and they realised that there were four Hibees way harder than them, seemed to clamp up with their "Hibs have HIV", or "Hibs are Vermin" chants ! After that, they were quiet as church mouses. Arrogant, horrible, cowardly w**kers that they all are. Makes me want to hump them at Tynie even more.......wins are oh so much better there anyway. And they really are an ugly ugly rabble.......and their women are worse, as they were told :thumbsup:

:greengrin

I thought we were the only team trying to pass the ball in the first half. Hertz tried to kick us out of it. We were rattled by the goal on half time and didn't pass the ball enough in the second half. We did score the only goal in it though :thumbsup:

We stood up to them far better than the first game of the season. 9 points ahead with a game in hand. That'll do me.

hibeesliam94
03-01-2010, 11:10 PM
:greengrin

I thought we were the only team trying to pass the ball in the first half. Hertz tried to kick us out of it. We were rattled by the goal on half time and didn't pass the ball enough in the second half. We did score the only goal in it though :thumbsup:

We stood up to them far better than the first game of the season. 9 points ahead with a game in hand. That'll do me.

Completely agree:agree:

Although we didn't play particularly well we had a lot of the ball and looked most like scoring in the first half.

However we started the second half slowly and were lucky we scored after 7/8 minutes or else we could have really struggled to get anything from the game

whiskyhibby
03-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Satisfied? No! Relieved? Very much!!

Why? HoMoFC were *****, we should have won comfortably

:jamboid:

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 08:48 AM

We played the last game of this weekends fixtures so we knew a win would put us further away from Utd and 2 points closer to Celtic.

So things should have been a lot sweeter than they are.

hibbie02
04-01-2010, 09:19 AM
At the risk of another slating, I have to say I was not satisfied and that is yet another match where our supposedly much improved team has failed to deliver. Apart from one home game to St J and 2 matches against Motherwell, can anyone tell me any other matches where we have bossed the game and truly looked like we would win it comfortably? Yes we are better than last year (in terms of grinding results) and we are sitting clear in third, but my god it is not that convincing. There are lots of positive signs and some better players, but rarely to we get the majority of them playing how they can play. We need more and better players, particularly at the back. There isn't much point in qualifying for Europe if we are going to get humped by some shee-itey wee Lithuanian team in the Qualifiers in July. We need to build on quality. Where's me helmet..........