PDA

View Full Version : Plenty of positives to take from today

Mag7
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Me, I'll take a draw in a derby pretty much every time. They are not 'proper' games in that current form is rarely reflected on the pitch. IMHO not losing is the priority.

As for today, not a great game but here are some positives to bear in mind:

It's early January 2010, we're five points clear in third place and nine points clear of Hearts with a game in hand.

We've lost one league game in 14 and not lost a league game against Hearts since 2008.

Losing today would have given Hearts real belief they could catch us. A draw keeps the status quo. No harm done.

There are more than likely another couple of signings to come in the transfer window.

With the squad we've got, I think we can improve immensely on the form shown so far.

Not a bad position to be in methinks.

Oh, and we have a goal machine in Anthony Stokes.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I hope Yogi wasn't kidding about new blood. A new centre back and a right back are a must.

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Me, I'll take a draw in a derby pretty much every time. They are not 'proper' games in that current form is rarely reflected on the pitch. IMHO not losing is the priority.

As for today, not a great game but here are some positives to bear in mind:

It's early January 2010, we're five points clear in third place and nine points clear of Hearts with a game in hand.

We've lost one league game in 14 and not lost a league game against Hearts since 2008.

Losing today would have given Hearts real belief they could catch us. A draw keeps the status quo. No harm done.

There are more than likely another couple of signings to come in the transfer window.

With the squad we've got, I think we can improve immensely on the form shown so far.

Not a bad position to be in methinks.

Oh, and we have a goal machine in Anthony Stokes.

:top marks

Apart from the very first line, I agree 100%

Greenblood70
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Struggling to take any positives out of today other than the goal, which was well worked and probably one of the few times a game of football broke out in the whole match.

Other than that we're still ahead of where I thought we'd be, and I'm sure in time we'll bring in the right type of players to fill the gaps in the team/squad.

Still feel we could be getting a bit better in terms of passing from the current players as well tho.

LamontHFC©
03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
No danger would I take a draw in every derby. Pie that.

James70
We need to get Ian Murray signed up as a priority even if it means fewer new signings.

Hainan Hibs
IMHO not losing is the priority.

That attitude towards derbies has seen us gubbed plenty times and the reason hearts always look more up for it.

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-01-2010, 05:38 PM
That attitude towards derbies has seen us gubbed plenty times and the reason hearts always look more up for it.

I think Farts spoling tactics are sooooo boring and the only game they employ this tactic is against us hence them just wanting to beat us and nobody else...fannies