PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

'Mon the Hibs
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Smith - 6 - Didn't have much to do. Not much chance with the goal.

McCorrmack - 5 - What was he doing retaliating? Also, soudn't have let Nade get the better of him for theur goal.
Hogg - 3 - Lost at their goal. Can't seem to pass along the gtoung, when he does, it's pich. His long balls are crap too. If he is captain, he needs to act like one. When we're playing poor, he should be part of the solution... not the problem.
Murray - 7 - Pretty solid and wants to drive forward. He should be captain!!!
Hanlon - 6

Wotherspoon - 5 - Not as effective as usual
Rankin - 4 - Poor passing and hopeless long balls.
Zemama - 3 - Worst game in a Hibs shirt. Just didn't work out for him.
Miller - 7 - solid in the middle again
Riordan - 5 - Just didn't get service from the midfield for big parts of the game. Great delivery for the goal. Completely stuck out on the left and should have been more central when we went down to 10.

Stokes - 7 - For the goal and his willingness to get into forward positions. No help from his teammates in the 2nd half.

McBride - 5 - can't wait until he gets back.

Highes - 3 - Yet again, pishy yams were there for the taking. Didn't really make positive changes and didn't do anything when we went down to 10 men.

Ref - 0 - fine for all the game, then as soon as we have a 5 player break on in the last monute, decides not to play advantage :grr::grr::grr:

The pitch also had a big influence, the ball bobbled lots

Green forever
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM

McCorrmack - 5 - What was he doing retaliating? Also, soudn't have let Nade get the better of him for theur goal.
Hogg - 3 - Lost at their goal. Can't seem to pass along the gtoung, when he does, it's pich. His long balls are crap too. If he is captain, he needs to act like one. When we're playing poor, he should be part of the solution... not the problem.
Hanlon - 6

Riordan - 5 - Just didn't get service from the midfield for big parts of the game. Great delivery for the goal. Completely stuck out on the left and should have been more central when we went down to 10.

Stokes - 7 - For the goal and his willingness to get into forward positions. No help from his teammates in the 2nd half.

Highes - 3 - Yet again, pishy yams were there for the taking. Didn't really make positive changes and didn't do anything when we went down to 10 men.

Ref - 0 - fine for all the game, then as soon as we have a 5 player break on in the last monute, decides not to play advantage :grr::grr::grr:

Can't give Darren McCormack more points than Chris Hogg I'm afraid. Both were well culpable at the goal but at least Hogg came on to a game in the 2nd half instead of stupidly being sent off.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Smith - 6

McCormack - 5
Hogg - 5
Murray - 7
Hanlon - 5

Wotherspoon - 6
Rankin - 5
Miller - 6.5
Riordan - 5.5

Zouma - 5 (McBride - 4)
Stokes - 6.5

SRHibs
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
Smith - 6 - Dealt with what he had to.

McCormack - 5 - Was ok up until the sending off.
Hogg - 4 - Had an absolute nightmare of a first half. Was caught in possession multiple times and was found wanting for their goal. Improved second half but still didn't look particularly comfortable.
Murray - 7 - Typical IM performance.
Hanlon - 6 - Ok.

Wotherspoon - 6 - Ok.
Rankin - 4 - *****. Shouldn't have been playing if McBride was even partially fit. Stop trying to shoot from 40 yards as well ffs.
Zemmama - 6 - Tried to make something come off, but struggled. Still thought he was ok and the only times we really looked threatening were when he was on the ball.
Riordan - 6 - Did ok when he actually got on the ball. Needs to be up front with Stokes imo.

Stokes - 7 - Did well when he was on the ball. Needed more support though.

McBride - 5 - Was ok.

Hughes - 5 - Reluctant to switch things up and resorted to hoofball.

Ref - 9 - Can't recall him getting many, if any decisions wrong.

hibsdaft
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
Ian Murray is going to be a big loss if rumours are correct.

Also thought the ref handled the game well by and large.

Thought we were tidier once McBride came on - Rankin has to be dropped for him now imo, his passing is awful and he disappears too often for my liking.

Davy Mac
03-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Smith - 6 Nae chance with the goal. Good high ball take in the first half

McCormack - 4 Toiled today, even simple passes were a problem.
Hanlon - 5 Decent, doesn't get forward enough for me though.
Hogg - 6 Much better second half, scrunching tackle.
Murray - 7 Excellent second half and great surging runs.

Miller - 7 Class act, great feet and moved the ball around well
Wothers - 5 Great technique & ability but had to defend more today
Rankin - 4 Should give balance to midfield but just doesn't.
Deeks - 5 Perhaps justified Yogi's left mid tactic with his cross for Stokes
Zouma - 4 Sorry fella, don't seem to have the legs for the journey

Stokes - 7 Another class player, worked his socks and great fitba brain

MOM - I'll go for Stokes

Mcbride - 5 Really impressed by this guy, missed him over the last 5 games

Yogi - 6 One defeat in 14 games Yogi, keep it up big man.
Ref - 5 Did ok until Stewart fouled Murray and we were in....

hibee_girl
03-01-2010, 04:40 PM
Smith 5 - Wasn't at fault for the goal but he did go wandering ala Maka style a few times and his kicking is awful!

McCormack 5 - Was doing ok until the sending off
Hogg 6 - At fault for the goal but had a good 2nd half
Murray 8 - Should have been MOM, how they gave it to Stokes I'll never know!
Hanlon 7 - Better than last week

Zemmama 5 - Quiet from him
Rankin 6 - Good game
Miller 7 - Solid
Wotherspoon 6 - Like Hanlon better than last week

Deek 7 - Worked hard, good defending from him at times and great cross for the goal
Stokes 6 - For the goal. He lost the way a bit in the 2nd half

dar
03-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Ian Murray is going to be a big loss if rumours are correct.

Also thought the ref handled the game well by and large.

Thought we were tidier once McBride came on - Rankin has to be dropped for him now imo, his passing is awful and he disappears too often for my liking.

What are the rumours?

hibsdaft
03-01-2010, 04:48 PM
just that he's not signed an extension and is maybe away at the end of the season to the Championship.

dar
03-01-2010, 04:49 PM
cheers

Prof. Shaggy
03-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Smith 5 - Wasn't at fault for the goal but he did go wandering ala Maka style a few times and his kicking is awful!

McCormack 5 - Was doing ok until the sending off
Hogg 6 - At fault for the goal but had a good 2nd half
Murray 8 - Should have been MOM, how they gave it to Stokes I'll never know!
Hanlon 7 - Better than last week

Zemmama 5 - Quiet from him
Rankin 6 - Good game
Miller 7 - Solid
Wotherspoon 6 - Like Hanlon better than last week

Deek 7 - Worked hard, good defending from him at times and great cross for the goal
Stokes 6 - For the goal. He lost the way a bit in the 2nd half

Zemmama was less effective in the middle than I thought he would be.
I also thought Rankin had a good game - certainly was involved plenty.
I thought Wotherspoon was doing good until he had to be pulled to full-back.

blackhibee
03-01-2010, 04:56 PM
I just can't see how anybody could give Hogg 6,even allowing for a SLIGHTLY better performance in the second half. I also totally disagree that McCormick was worse than him up to the sending off. All about opinions I suppose.

Wotherspiniesta
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Smith- 6 Good save from Black, couple of poor kicks. Looks athletic.

McCormack- 3 Not seen the red yet, but struggled before that anyway.
Hogg- 3 Poor. Again. One good tackle near the end.
Murray- 6 Commited as always. GET HIM AN IMPROVED DEAL ASAP.
Hanlon- 5 Better than last week.

Wotherspoon - 5 Blowing hot and cold ATM, but some good deliveries.
Miller- 6 Brilliant one minute, poor the next, but looks class in flashes.
Rankin- 4 Poor.
Riordan - 6 Not involved enough, but was given no support. Nice assist.

Zouma- 5 1st half an hour: brilliant. His game dropped dramatically after.

Stokes- 7 Well taken header and ran his socks off. No support when Z left.

Subs:

McBride- 5 Plays with his head up. Get him back in the team for Rankin.

Speedway
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I hope the last two games shows that this side is only OK and why Yogi is trying to sign defenders.

Smith - Strong, Confident debut in the highest pressure match possible. 8/10

McCormack - Idiot AND crap 3/10

Murray - Brave and attacking. Usual fare. 8/10

Hogg - Crap first half, strong second therefore half marks. 5/10

Hanlon - Cut out cross after cross from Susan and Tiny Tim and just got better as the game wore on. Shame he's not an attacking threat. 7/10

Wothers - tried hard and had imagination. 7/10

Miller - For all he's supposed to be the maestro, we only calmed down in Midfield when Mcbride came on. 6/10

Rankin - Huff and puff and little else. Faded. 5/10

Riordan - No one fancied passing to him second half. 6/10

McBride - Quality. Assured. Geeing up the troops from the moment he got on, looking for a pass before the ball came to him and always available for the ball. 8/10 for the time he was on.

Zouma - Big games don't suit him, especially when he's not given half an hour on the ball. 4/10

Stokes - Showing us what he's all about. Chased lost causes for the rest of the game after we scored. 8/10

Malthibby
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
No issues with most of the above bar Wotherspoon. He has been excellent all season until last week, when he was awful & i didn't think he was any better today. Wouldn't give him more than a three & think he may be needing a rest shortly.
GG

clerriehibs
03-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Hanlon - 6

That refusal to play advantage was scandalous. There were a couple of times when he insisted on talking to, but not booking, Hearts players, stopping us from taking a quick free kick and allowing them to sort out their defence.

weststandhibby
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Smith- 6 Good save from Black, couple of poor kicks. Looks athletic.

McCormack- 3 Not seen the red yet, but struggled before that anyway.
Hogg- 3 Poor. Again. One good tackle near the end.
Murray- 6 Commited as always. GET HIM AN IMPROVED DEAL ASAP.
Hanlon- 5 Better than last week.

Wotherspoon - 5 Blowing hot and cold ATM, but some good deliveries.
Miller- 6 Brilliant one minute, poor the next, but looks class in flashes.
Rankin- 4 Poor.
Riordan - 6 Not involved enough, but was given no support. Nice assist.

Zouma- 5 1st half an hour: brilliant. His game dropped dramatically after.

Stokes- 7 Well taken header and ran his socks off. No support when Z left.

Subs:

McBride- 5 Plays with his head up. Get him back in the team for Rankin.

Agree with all above but would give yogi a 3. Hearts were there for the taking and we werent winning anything up front in the air - a blind man could see thnat Nishy could have done a job.

Come on Yogi its a win were after not a draw!!!!

J-C
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Smith 6.... little to do but made a good save when needed

McCormack 4......poor distribution and weak in the challenges
Hogg 5.......not physically strong enough and poor distribution
Murray 6......decent game without standing out
Hanlon 6.....as murray

Wotherspoon 4........poor, poor passing, gave the ball away far to often and week in the challenge
Zemmama 5.....tried to do too much and got caught too often on the ball/ shirked too many tackles
Miller 5.....also tried too play the killer pass too often instead of the basics
Rankin 6......tried very hard and covered a lot of ground

Stokes 7......took his goal well and tried all day, got no decent service from the midfield
Riordan 6......again not enough play down the left, had loads of room but ball took ages to get to him. When it did he looked dangerous and his cross to Stokes was different class.

McBride 4.....gave the midfield a better balance, good to see him back

Ref 0.....missed numerous handballs and fouls and allowed the Jambos to get away with heavy handed tactics, should've shown a red to moaning Mikey for his tackle on Murray.

hibee-shtuggie
03-01-2010, 06:00 PM
smith 7 - solid first game dealt with everything ok and had no chance with goal

mcormack 4 - him and hogg were poor on the right hand side, not sure if hes a full back - silly to retalliate for red card
hogg 4 - been poor last two games
murray 7 - solid again from the big man
hanlon 7 My MOTM

zemmama 5 a few dodgy pases and poor delivery at corner
miller 7 solid again in midfield
rankin 4 - poor today, couldnt find a pass
wotherspoon - 6 still a few glitches but will be some player

riordan - 6 good delivery for goal and actually tracked back well today - still out of position i feel though
stokes 6.5 - good finish but struggled to hold up ball

Hibs90
03-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Smith - 6

McCorrmack - 4
Hogg - 4 - Whats wrong with ihm?
Murray - 6
Hanlon - 6

Wotherspoon - 4 - Didn't find a Hibs man once today.
Rankin - 5 - Better than others but still gash
Zemama - 3 - :boo hoo:
Miller - 5
Riordan - 5

Stokes - 6

McBride - 5

McD
03-01-2010, 06:21 PM
:greengrinSmith - 7 - Solid, reliable, looks to talk to his defenders, no chance at goal imo, decent debut.

Mccormack 4 - wasnt having a great game before retaliating.
Hogg - 5 - Poor, his man for the goal, did improve a bit after break, just did not convince.
Murray -8 - MOTM for me. Started quiet, looked a little shaky first half, had a stormer 2nd half, led the team very well. Get him re-signed.
Hanlon - 6.5 - Thought he had a decent game against a little rat of a player constantly diving, but he marshalled him fairly well and was solid.
Wotherspoon 6 - Quietish, had a few decent runs, tho thought he was concerned with wallace and tended to stay back than push on due to that.
Rankin - 5.5 - Ran about, had the obligatory shot from miles out, didnt really do much else.
Miller - 7 - Battled, got stuck in, looked to be positive where possible.
Riordan - 6 - Worked away without really getting much to do, good cross for goal.
Zemmama - 6 - Tried tricks and flicks, some worked a bit, most didnt. Tried hard, but not his day.
Stokes - 8 - A good game, scored, ran the back 4 around, thought he maybe couldve closed on the keeper a bit harder at times on through balls, but played well.

McBride - 6 - Felt he changed it for us for the better, we had got pretty ragged for about 10 min before he came on, and within a couple of min the shape had returned, miller was playing that bit further up the pitch causing problems, our style of play looked better and possession was better.

Don't have much issues with yogi's tactics, we kept playing football for the most part, I thought a sub to play wide right and take off rankin might have done us a trick, but without galbraith on the bench (riordan to wide right) I didn't see a naural choice for that.

Overall, the worst performer was the ref, lost count of the number of niggly fouls not given or suitably punished with a booking, at one point we had 70 min on clock with no yellows but 2 reds!!! If he had applied the persistent fouling law, anther 3-4 bookings for them, maybe another for us.

9 points clear, game in hand, lets push on and take 3rd or better

MountcastleHibs
03-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Smith - 6

McCormack - 4
Hogg - 7
Murray - 8
Hanlon - 4

Wotherspoon - 5
Rankin - 7
Miller - 7
Riordan - 7

Zouma - 5 (McBride - 5)
Stokes - 6

Yogi: 5

Ref: 4

Bostonhibby
03-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Smith - 7 - good debut, was able to watch when he had to do the basics :thumbsup:

McCormack - 4. Lost us the extra man, and a poor game beforehand
Hogg - 4. AWOL for the goal and 2 bomb scare moments
Murray - 8. Key man
Hanlon - 5.

Wotherspoon - 7, for geting stuck in when others weren't
Rankin - 4.5 - ran about a lot not to much effect, poor passing.
Miller - 6.5
Riordan - 7. Thankless role but stuck to what I assume was his orders. Could have done more damage if he got more of the ball and was played down the middle.

Zouma - 4 - see Rankin above - McBride - 5 hardly wasted a ball and glad he is back
Stokes - 7 as he really tried today and he might have been more effective if we hadn't reverted to lumping it up field ala Mixu's tactics, this guy does not play that way and is wasted if we do.

fife hfc
03-01-2010, 07:51 PM
SMITH 7 Good solid debut, though not too much to do
McCORMACK 4 never saw sending off but felt he should have done better at goal
HANLON 7 Kept susie quiet but as said above no forward contribution. Maybe central role instead of Hogg
HOGG 4 Felt he was very poor today. caught on the ball on a number of occasions and passing woeful and lost man at goal
MURRAY 8 Why is he not captain:confused: solid as ever
RANKIN 6 100% effort and works hard defensively but nothing in attack
MILLER 7 Only midfielder who looked like he could create and also does a hell of alot of work in closing down.
WOTHERSPOON 6 okay first half as he was comfortable on the ball but a few stray passes second half struggled against wallace when offered no cover infront of him
ZEMMAMA 4 totally lost though on receiving end of a few hefty challanges. Would have taken him off earlier
RIORDAN 6 Had decent first half and had the beating of the Lith full back. Second half great cross but less involved
STOKES 7 Had a couple of chances but got goal and worked hard.

McBRIDE 5 helped calm the midfield down. but meant we went too narrow in this area.

RoxburghHibs
03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Smith 7.... Good solid debut, I like the look of him!

McCormack 5......moment of madness but ok up to then
Hogg 6.......ok but doesn't fill me with confidence
Murray 8......solid as ever with some great bursts out of defence
Hanlon 6.....better than last week

Wotherspoon 6........like him but not his best game
Zemmama 4.......He had an off day today but will be back!
Miller 8.....My Hibs MOM reads the game so well
Rankin 5......Gave 100% but McBride or Cregg for me

Stokes 7......good goal and always a threat
Riordan 6......Like Stokes always a threat
McBride 6.....Will be back in the starting line-up next week

Ref 8.....Had a great game and got most decisions spot on

Jonnyboy
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Smith - 6

McCorrmack - 4
Hogg - 4 - Whats wrong with ihm?
Murray - 6
Hanlon - 6

Wotherspoon - 4 - Didn't find a Hibs man once today.
Rankin - 5 - Better than others but still gash
Zemama - 3 - :boo hoo:
Miller - 5
Riordan - 5

Stokes - 6

McBride - 5

Good question

Hoggy fans ..... "He did well and had a few good tackles"

Hoggy haters .... "He's pish without big Jones alongside him and he couldnae pass wind"

Take your pick :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Smith-6

Hanlon-6
Hogg-5
Murray-7
McCormack-3

Wotherspoon-5
Rankin-6
Zemmama-4
Miller-6

Riordan-6
Stokes-6

Penrith Hibee
04-01-2010, 06:53 AM
What yesterday showed was that we need a couple of full backs, MCormack and Hanlon are not the answers for the type of football Yogi wants to play, no offence to the young boys. neither can cross the ball or get to the bye line when required ala Wallace or Spoony. However Spoony is not a full back either.

This left us with only Deeks supplying width on the left but he's not a winger (but superb cross for the goal) so the Yams stuffed the midfield and stifled us again!

Bring back Murphy and Brownlie.....