PDA

View Full Version : McCormack

Gerrintaethem
03-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Obviously can't condemn it but it was in retaliation..

and he definately got the harder hit in :greengrin:notworthy:

bobbyhibs1983
03-01-2010, 04:12 PM

idiot imo, Bottom line is the heartz git headbutted him ,i do believe he was getting sent off til the idiot got himself invovled and got himself sent off.
would have been a man up

SRHibs
03-01-2010, 04:12 PM
You certainly can condemn it. Although I'm assuming that's not the word you were going for.
He should have kept his head though, we could've been a man up...

Prof. Shaggy
03-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Richmond had already seen the first head-butt and Palazuelos was on his way until...

GloryGlory
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
You certainly can condemn it. Although I'm assuming that's not the word you were going for.

:agree: Richmond had seen the initial head butt and was ready with the red card. Totally unprofessional by McCormack - as you say we would have been a man up and could have gone on to win.

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Shouldn't have nutted the pr!ck back but to be fair, it is so easy to sit here and say he shouldn't react. I can understand it, if you get a whack in the face, whilst playing a heated derby, many people would nut him back. The pr!ck deserved it. That isn't excusing Daz, but it is understandable to react the way he did.

Hainan Hibs
03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
If DM could've kept his cool we would've had an extra man and probably could've taken the advantage instead of employing a punt and run tactic.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Yogi should hammer him, Okay, he was provoked but that's no way to act.

stubru59
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Not convinced the extra man would have made much difference. We were piss poor.

No service to the forward players other than speculative and even aimless balls in the general direction of no-one in particular.

Davy Mac
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
To be fair he was struggling today, perhaps frustration and heat of the moment took over.......

Beefster
03-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Shouldn't have nutted the pr!ck back but to be fair, it is so easy to sit here and say he shouldn't react. I can understand it, if you get a whack in the face, whilst playing a heated derby, many people would nut him back. The pr!ck deserved it. That isn't excusing Daz, but it is understandable to react the way he did.

Many punters perhaps. Most professional footballers would have gone to ground - like McCormack should have.

CalgaryHibs
03-01-2010, 04:27 PM

well at least he's using his head :devil:

CalgaryHibs
03-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Many punters perhaps. Most professional footballers would have gone to ground - like McCormack should have.

too true mate, if this was in italy McCormack would rolling aroond like a fish oot of water.

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Your are correct. However the majority of footballers are little poofs :greengrin
I'm glad McCormack didn't go down clutching his face but he shouldn't have nutted him back.

hibsdaft
03-01-2010, 04:50 PM

:agree::agree:

just one of those things imo. Yogi can't exactly hammer him considering his own responce to the situation.

Monts
03-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Im obviously disappointed that he got himself sent off too...

But it was strangely satisfying to see him nut him back harder :greengrin

Cabbage1875
03-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah we should all congratulate one of our players lowering himself to that level and getting sent off.

But in all seriousness he probably did us a favour as he was like a man down anyway.

Westie1875
03-01-2010, 05:09 PM

I don't think Yogi will hammer him as I'm sure if he was in that situation he would've done the same in the heat of the moment.

I also thought it was good that Daz got him back harder - if you're gonna do it make sure you do it right. :devil:

Heraghty's
03-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Spot on. :agree:

McCormack was immature and unprofessional. He acted like a ned, not a professional footballer.
His career is going to fizzle out PDQ if he doessn't get a grip. :bitchy:

Oscar Lomax
03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Not convinced the extra man would have made much difference. We were piss poor.

No service to the forward players other than speculative and even aimless balls in the general direction of no-one in particular.

Agree 100% mate. I cant pick out one decent performer. I felt a bit sorry for Stokes at his lack of service and his header was a brilliant finish.
Hearts got their tactics spot on by not allowing players like Zemmama, Miller and Riordan time on the ball. These players will hurt you if allowed to stroke the ball about but today they were not allowed to do so and to be honest, looked a very ordinary side.....still least we never got beaten.

hibee_girl
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I don't think Yogi will hammer him as I'm sure if he was in that situation he would've done the same in the heat of the moment.

I also thought it was good that Daz got him back harder - if you're gonna do it make sure you do it right. :devil:

My mum txt me to tell me what the sending offs for were and she said that McCormacks headbutt was miles better than the Hearts one :greengrin

That doesn't make it right of course!

Hiber-nation
03-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Proved beyond doubt today that he is not good enough nor can he be trusted.

Cabbage1875
03-01-2010, 05:29 PM
Proved beyond doubt today that he is not good enough nor can he be trusted.
Absolutely.

clerriehibs
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
idiot imo, Bottom line is the heartz git headbutted him ,i do believe he was getting sent off til the idiot got himself invovled and got himself sent off.
would have been a man up

get over yersel, imo.

He's a young lad, some t!t sticks the head on him, he lashes out. It's a lesson learned for him that he should have gone down, but ffs, hardly an idiot. If he'd stuck the head on that cheating umbag first, then fine, call him an idiot.

Landells
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
I didn't see what happened can someone please explain?

clerriehibs
03-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Agree 100% mate. I cant pick out one decent performer. I felt a bit sorry for Stokes at his lack of service and his header was a brilliant finish.
Hearts got their tactics spot on by not allowing players like Zemmama, Miller and Riordan time on the ball. These players will hurt you if allowed to stroke the ball about but today they were not allowed to do so and to be honest, looked a very ordinary side.....still least we never got beaten.

You mean, it was the same ol' Hearts spoiling tactics? Couldn't agree more.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
get over yersel, imo.

He's a young lad, some t!t sticks the head on him, he lashes out. It's a lesson learned for him that he should have gone down, but ffs, hardly an idiot. If he'd stuck the head on that cheating umbag first, then fine, call him an idiot.

:agree:

ScottB
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
get over yersel, imo.

He's hardly 8 years old, he's what, 19, 20? He is a professional footballer and his stupid, childish reaction cost us an advantage in an important match. And considering his off field antics, I'd hope he'd have screwed the nut, for me it only raises further questions over his temperament.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 05:48 PM
I didn't see what happened can someone please explain?

Palazuelos tried to nut McCormack and barely connected. Darren retaliated with a far more successful headbutt. The ref saw the whole lot and sent both players off.

clerriehibs
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
He's hardly 8 years old, he's what, 19, 20? He is a professional footballer and his stupid, childish reaction cost us an advantage in an important match. And considering his off field antics, I'd hope he'd have screwed the nut, for me it only raises further questions over his temperament.

botox

sambajustice
03-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I think its hilarious the moral high ground people on this forum take!

Get a grip!

MSK
03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
get over yersel, imo.

He's a young lad, some t!t sticks the head on him, he lashes out. It's a lesson learned for him that he should have gone down, but ffs, hardly an idiot. If he'd stuck the head on that cheating umbag first, then fine, call him an idiot.The same lad who flattened Elliot whilst up the toon ..cannae control his temper on the football park ..needs his skull looked intae imo ..a liability as well as a poor footballer !!!!

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 05:57 PM
The same lad who flattened Elliot whilst up the toon ..cannae control his temper on the football park ..needs his skull looked intae imo ..a liability as well as a poor footballer !!!!

Can this be classed as scapegoating? :greengrin

Landells
03-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Palazuelos tried to nut McCormack and barely connected. Darren retaliated with a far more successful headbutt. The ref saw the whole lot and sent both players off.

Cheers, all I seen was an abundance of players and two red cards.

--------
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM

That's appalling.

McCormack should have kept his temper, waited until Palazuelos had been sent off, then nailed Susie or young Smith. What's the point of nutting someone who's already on his way out of the game? He's an idiot. If you're going to get sent off, make it count.

I notice that Palazuelos was 'stunned' at the beginning of last month as well - at the fact that the Yambos have averaged a red card a month over the past year and a half....

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8938_5765385,00.html

clerriehibs
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM
The same lad who flattened Elliot whilst up the toon ..cannae control his temper on the football park ..needs his skull looked intae imo ..a liability as well as a poor footballer !!!!

His temper? You mean how he momentarily lost it, then took his punishment like a man? You want to see a loss of temper, look at how well palazuelos took his red card, and on what grounds was he chasing after McCormack? Claiming innocence? What a t!t.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 06:06 PM
That's appalling.

McCormack should have kept his temper, waited until Palazuelos had been sent off, then nailed Susie or young Smith. What's the point of nutting someone who's already on his way out of the game? He's an idiot. If you're going to get sent off, make it count.

I notice that Palazuelos was 'stunned' at the beginning of last month as well - at the fact that the Yambos have averaged a red card a month over the past year and a half....

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8938_5765385,00.html

True, but how many of us can honestly say that we wouldn't have reacted in exactly the same way?

I know I can't.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 06:09 PM
His temper? You mean how he momentarily lost it, then took his punishment like a man? You want to see a loss of temper, look at how well palazuelos took his red card, and on what grounds was he chasing after McCormack? Claiming innocence? What a t!t.

Have you seen it on the TV yet? Palazuelos done the "hold me back" thing - deliberately stepped to the left so Shabby would stop him. Brilliant piece of *****e-baggery.

MSK
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Can this be classed as scapegoating? :greengrinNo, mines is merely an opinion on a thread about an individual....not a thread started in "knee jerk" reaction to the individual ..:wink:

Come on ..i wouldnae wanna take the thunder from the scapegoaters...gie them their moment o glory ...:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Have you seen it on the TV yet? Palazuelos done the "hold me back" thing - deliberately steeped to the left so Shabby would stop him. Brilliant piece of *****e-baggery.

"let me at him.... haud me back" :faf:

Did he manage to catch up wi Darren in the tunnel?.........

Aubenas
03-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Nutting anyone in any situation is wrong.
End of.

Unless you're living stuck in the stone age.

Bostonhibby
03-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Have you seen it on the TV yet? Palazuelos done the "hold me back" thing - deliberately steeped to the left so Shabby would stop him. Brilliant piece of *****e-baggery.

:agree: not that I would condone it but wouldn't it have been interesting in the heat of the moment if he had managed to collide with Yogi!

I agree with all the stick McCormacks getting here and I don't think he has played at all well on the few chances he has been given however the difference between him and Palazuelos is, whilst McCormack just reacted (stupidly) Palazuelos carried out a deliberately sneaky attack in the style of his captain and in line with his clubs disciplinary record and reputation, and he tried to disguise it but was caught.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 06:20 PM

I doubt it - if he hadn't hidden behind Shabby I think Yogi would've flattened the clown.

He's clearly a coward - he went into the dressing room and told his team-mates that he never touched him (according to Stewart's post-match interview).

GloryGlory
03-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I doubt it - if he hadn't hidden behind Shabby I think Yogi would've flattened the clown.

He's clearly a coward - he went into the dressing room and told his team-mates that he never touched him (according to Stewart's post-match interview).

Not a coward - just a liar.

ancient hibee
03-01-2010, 06:23 PM
McCormack won't last at Hibs.

Capt Mainwaring
True, but how many of us can honestly say that we wouldn't have reacted in exactly the same way?

I know I can't.

But none of us this Board are professional footballers. McCormack was totally out order and handed back any advantage that we were about to gain by that Jambo tit about to be sent off.

Capped a fairly miserable day for McCormack. He's a mediocre centre half playing out of position at Full Back and just not good enough for us in either position. Clearly his temprament on the field is not much better than his stupidity off it. Time to let him go.

Danderhall Hibs
Not a coward - just a liar.

A liar as well as a coward. :greengrin Only a coward (and a liar) would tell his team-mates that he hadn't done anything wrong intead of putting his hands up and saying sorry.

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 06:25 PM
But none of us this Board are professional footballers.

Agreed, but do you think you would have reacted differently if you were a young footballer in a highly charged derby game?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM

Sounds like a bit of a fud :bitchy:
Can't say that I'm surprised though.

ForeverHibs93
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
pro footballer or not if someone sticks the head on you, your going too react no:confused:? That italian defender said something too Zidane and he reacted? Does that make him less of a player because he lost his temperament:bitchy:? it's human nature!

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM

Thats mental.

Do you honestly not think there is a very high chance McCormack has the odd screw loose? And how he "took" his red card makes absolutely no difference. He was still heading off the park, up the tunnel and facing a 3 match ban.

Judas Iscariot
03-01-2010, 06:35 PM
pro footballer or not if someone sticks the head on you, your going too react no:confused:? That italian defender said something too Zidane and he reacted? Does that make him less of a player because he lost his temperament:bitchy:? it's human nature!

No, as a pro football player you ignore it, let the joey be sent off, go on and win the game as your team is now a man up then batter the fud that tried to nut you when your out up George St :agree:

IWasThere2016
03-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Daz has shot himself in the foot - gets a start and ficks it up big time! We wouldn't have made the extra man count IMHO as we were pish.

ForeverHibs93
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM
No, as a pro football player you ignore it, let the joey be sent off, go on and win the game as your team is now a man up then batter the fud that tried to nut you when your out up George St :agree:

But let's be honest a 19/20 year old being head butted, ii think you'd be hard pressed to find one who wouldn't react regardless of their profession just my opion though:greengrin

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Fair enough, if you're the clear-thinking, far-sighted Hibby radge then this is the obvious option.

Hibs Spain
03-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Have you seen it on the TV yet? Palazuelos done the "hold me back" thing - deliberately stepped to the left so Shabby would stop him. Brilliant piece of *****e-baggery.

Haha..Haven't seen on tv yet but I did notice that.McCormack to be fair did at least speed up as the Heart's guy was following him off the pitch.Seems he had the sense to get out of the way before he kicked ...out of him on front of the cameras :greengrin

TornadoHibby
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM

:top marks

Complete handbagging fud! :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Thats mental.

Do you honestly not think there is a very high chance McCormack has the odd screw loose? And how he "took" his red card makes absolutely no difference. He was still heading off the park, up the tunnel and facing a 3 match ban.

Based on what exactly?

Who threw that stone?

nonshinyfinish
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Who threw that stone?

Jesus lobbed a hauf brick at Dazza before the Rangers game.

TornadoHibby
03-01-2010, 07:00 PM

If he had, he would probably have found out that Darren ain't no fud like he clearly is and that is if he had been able to get past Yogi who was clearly rather "angry" with him and had to be restrained from getting over to "speak" with him! :agree:

I sit behind the away dug out and saw the entire episode of what was indeed a comedy show around this cowardly idiot! :cool2:

I recorded the match too but have just got back in and haven't watched it yet! Actually we were so poor today I probably won't watch it! :confused:

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Based on what exactly?

Who threw that stone?

Criminal charge for breaking a hearts player's cheekbone on a night out.

Headbutting a hearts player today.

I'd deem this a basis to believe he has some issues!

Dunbar Hibee
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM

It seems Mr McCormack is not too fond of Hearts:greengrin

Westie1875
03-01-2010, 07:10 PM
It seems Mr McCormack is not too fond of Hearts:greengrin

And he isn't alone in that. :greengrin

Oscar Lomax
03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I din't think MCormack is any good anyway.....we need a centre half during the TW......Id certainly welcome Russell Anderson after today's display!

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 07:26 PM

I'd deem this a basis to believe he has some issues!Both of them goaded Darren and paid the price. If you don't want banjo'd just leave him alone. Anyway, i don't hear anyone calling Palozwellies a Spanish Ned, just because his headbut was rubbish!

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2010, 07:33 PM

Enough to pass judgement right enough :confused:

hibee_girl
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Mayhem then ensued when Palazuelos tried to continue the spat into the tunnel before manager Csaba Laszlo stepped in to restrain him while Hibs chief John Hughes also had angry words with the Spaniard on the touchline before the situation calmed down.

''He wouldn't win a fight in a chip shop by the way,'' said Hughes. ''He tried to get down the tunnel to try to get Darren.But the Hearts boys were in and I got myself over as well to tell him to calm down, cool his jets.''

:thumbsup:

matty_f
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM

First one was Clum, so... no problem there.

Second one was after the Yam *****ebag had butted him first. Doesn't make it right, but hardly an indication of issues.

I'd say the Yam fud has bigger issues than McCormack.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
:thumbsup:

:hilarious

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Enough to pass judgement right enough :confused:

If you are trying to say that its irrational of me to get the impression McCormack is a bit of a thug then, I assume you are one of those folk who could start an argument with themselves.

holyrood hibbie
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
As a footballer that was a stupid act but heres the thing. He was provoked, and when your a human if your provoked you retaliate. Now if you don't realsie Hearts should have players booked more, Nade for ankle bitting and Suso should have been off because he took a swing at Miller in the stomach. Now I ain't condeming McCormackss axctions as a palyer but as a human he defended hiself like ma right Leither.

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Both of them goaded Darren and paid the price. If you don't want banjo'd just leave him alone. Anyway, i don't hear anyone calling Palozwellies a Spanish Ned, just because his headbut was rubbish!

.............Or other teams will take note:

"Wind this guy up enough and he'll walk"

Liability.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 07:47 PM
.............Or other teams will take note:

"Wind this guy up enough and he'll walk"

Liability.Like Palazuelos, wind him up and he'll walk? :confused:

weecounty hibby
03-01-2010, 07:49 PM
While it is probably not what we want to see from our team. Is it any worse than what Kyle Lafferty did against Aberdeen. IMO well done to the young lad for not taking any pish, I know that in that situation I would have done the same. It is human nature to retaliate but it is NOT human nature to go down holding your face like a fairy just to get the opposition sent off. Would we prefer the cheating Lafferty or the honest McCormack. I know who I would take every time.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2010, 07:50 PM
If you are trying to say that its irrational of me to get the impression McCormack is a bit of a thug then, I assume you are one of those folk who could start an argument with themselves.

Jumping to conclusions - as you perfectly illustrate in the comments above and the one I referred to - can take you off on a tangent.

"screw loose", "Thug" What next? Tabloid headline writing?

Start an argument with myself - doesn't make sense now does it? In keeping with your other assumptions, and we all know what assumptions make...:wink:

hibeemikey21
03-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Jumping to conclusions - as you perfectly illustrate in the comments above and the one I referred to - can take you off on a tangent.

"screw loose", "Thug" What next? Tabloid headline writing?

Start an argument with myself - doesn't make sense now does it? In keeping with your other assumptions, and we all know what assumptions make...:wink:

Its an expression inferring that you argue for the sake of arguing and do not fully believe your point of view. Have you never heard "you could start an argument in an empty room?" I bet YOU have!! :greengrin

Also, screw loose and thug are both closely related tothe point I was making so I was not off at a tangent

Viva_Palmeiras
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM
Its an expression inferring that you argue for the sake of arguing and do not fully believe your point of view. Have you never heard "you could start an argument in an empty room?" I bet YOU have!! :greengrin

Also, screw loose and thug are both closely related tothe point I was making so I was not off at a tangent

Darren isn't there to defend himself but if I were him I would take exception to the use of the terms "screw loose" and in particular "thug".

You base this apparently on two incidents one of which was viewed in public/camera the other for the courts. At least today it was clear there was a pretext. How on earth can you know that these are representative and make the claims you do? Bad enough if it was Hibs opponents but you are in effect slighting the image of a young Hibs player.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Darren isn't there to defend himself but if I were him I would take exception to the use of the terms "screw loose" and in particular "thug".

You base this apparently on two incidents one of which was viewed in public/camera the other for the courts. At least today it was clear there was a pretext. How on earth can you know that these are representative and make the claims you do? Bad enough if it was Hibs opponents but you are in effect slighting the image of a young Hibs player.Bizzarre for a so-called HIBS fan! :hmmm:

fife hfc
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
He's not the first player to retaliate and won't be the last. He was wrong but if your going to get sent off for retaliatiom then you might as well do it hitting back harder. McCormack is still very inexperienced first team wise and needs to learn a lesson. we would not have won even if he stayed on the pitch as we were pish and let them bully us today.

renato
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM

It was cringeworthy, what a bawbag :agree:

What I can't understand is why he went so radge in the first place, given it was him that instigated the whole thing. Dirty cheat.

Fantic
03-01-2010, 08:22 PM
**** the Hearts

:flag::flag::flag:

Ozyhibby
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
McCormack should be released to be honest. Has had plenty of chances and he just does not have it. His passing was terrible and the sending off merits a sustained spell away from the first team. Amazing that we put so much effort into keeping him.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
It was stupid and completely indefensible and if he had had a bit of savvy about him, he would have gone down holding his face as soon as Palazuelos had nutted him, then McCormack would have stayed on the pitch, Palazuelos would have been the only one off and we would have been a man up for over 30 minutes.

In saying that, I wouldn't be too sorry if Palazuelos has a bit of a sore face in the morning after the way he celebrated in front of the West Stand right after their goal. :grr:

I can't condone McCormack's actions though and after his little altercation with Calum Elliot a few months back, the guy clearly has a bit of an anger problem.

To be honest, he wasn't much of a miss anyway and I think that he'll be out of Easter Road in the not too distant future. We definitely need to bring in a proper right back as soon as possible.

While it is probably not what we want to see from our team. Is it any worse than what Kyle Lafferty did against Aberdeen. IMO well done to the young lad for not taking any pish, I know that in that situation I would have done the same. It is human nature to retaliate but it is NOT human nature to go down holding your face like a fairy just to get the opposition sent off. Would we prefer the cheating Lafferty or the honest McCormack. I know who I would take every time.

I don't think you can really compare the two incidents to be honest. Charlie Mulgrew was nowhere near Lafferty's face, nor did he make any attempt to headbutt him, his reaction was disgraceful and his sole intent was to get someone sent off who didn't deserve to be sent off.

McCormack, on the other hand, HAD been struck by Palazuelos (even if it was ever so slight, the intent was still there) so if he had gone down then it would have been totally justified. Palazuelos wouldn't have had a leg to stand on. Instead McCormack acts like an idiot and retaliates, which gets him a red card as well.

To answer your question, I would want neither of them. I would personally have sold Lafferty to the highest bidder after that incident and I wouldn't blame Hibs if they did the same with McCormack. It's not really acceptable, I'm afraid and it just costs the rest of your team mates.

If this had been his first misdemeanour then you could probably forgive it and give him another chance but unfortunately it isn't and it would seem that he has some kind of problem that he needs to sort out or he can kiss goodbye to being a professional footballer as his reputation will start to go before him and no club will want to touch him with the proverbial 10ft barge pole.

rainman
03-01-2010, 08:34 PM
McCormack should be released to be honest. Has had plenty of chances and he just does not have it. His passing was terrible and the sending off merits a sustained spell away from the first team. Amazing that we put so much effort into keeping him.

Just putting your foot through the ball isn't good enough at this level.

Sheer stupidity retaliating as well.

AK86
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
If somebody smacks you in the puss, its pretty hard not to react. I think Yogi might secretly like his response

weecounty hibby
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2296229]It was stupid and completely indefensible

Sorry but totally disagree, testosterone + adrenalin + derby match + inexperience + smack in the mouth = retaliation. Very easy to defend really.
I do agree that he is not a good enough player though.

Malthibby
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I really took to McCormack when he first came through, but he does seem to be struggling to make the next step, which is a damn shame because I thought he might be the first home grown CH for many years.
Needs to use the nut slightly differently, however.
GG

rainman
03-01-2010, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=FalkirkHibee;2296229]It was stupid and completely indefensible

Sorry but totally disagree, testosterone + adrenalin + derby match + inexperience + smack in the mouth = retaliation. Very easy to defend really.
I do agree that he is not a good enough player though.

For me, the reason these guys are paid more money than most of us could dream about for chasing a ball around a park is because they are professionals. They need to rise above testosterone + adrenalin etc and consider the consequences before they react.

Hard to prove but for me, that lost us the game today.

FranckSuzy
03-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Im obviously disappointed that he got himself sent off too...

But it was strangely satisfying to see him nut him back harder :greengrin

:faf: :top marks

weecounty hibby
03-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Rainman, I think the reason these guys get paid to play football is that they are better players than the rest of us not that they are able to walk away when someone smacks them in the face.

The Green Goblin
03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
Everyone is human. Everyone makes mistakes. The only question here of any relevance is; will he learn from it and come out the other side a bit wiser for it?

All else is pie in the sky discussion about something that has already happened and can`t be changed.

GG

Rasta_Hibs
03-01-2010, 09:10 PM
:faf: :top marks

My thoughts! Very well saying you shouldnt retaliate but i would have nutted him back too!

oconnors_strip
03-01-2010, 09:17 PM
If somebody smacks you in the puss, its pretty hard not to react. I think Yogi might secretly like his response

dont think yogi sounded like the type of manager who secretly liked it, but i know for sure yogi will like his response to darren come tomorrow morning at the training centre:greengrin

--------
03-01-2010, 09:19 PM

I know I can't.

Hey - I have no problems with any Jambo getting decked. Nor am I surprised that Darren reacted - nor actually do I blame him.

I just think we should leave the decking of them to Casper - that way we keep 11 men on the park.

:casper:

And if Darren learns from this, then grand.

Which I'm sure he will. Yogi's the guy who'll get the lesson home to him.

EuanH78
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM

KiddA
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM

:agree: Spot on easier said than done. Darren is still a young boy and you live and learn. The Pr#ck did deserve it and it cracks me up that he went to chase Darren down the tunnel. At least Darren went off when he got the red, that fud made a complete :asshole: of himself. Its easy to act like the big hard man with 6 guys pushing you back. His balls would shrink into peanuts if he never had half there bench holding him back :agree:

greenlex
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I sincerely hope hibs are claimimng 50% of the fee back for the anger managemnet course at Southampton(or where ever) they sent him and deeks on. :wink:

Hibby 2005
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM

Maybe you should listen to/read Yogi's post-match comments.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 09:41 PM

If he secretly liked the reaction he wouldn't say it in public. :wink:

I agree with you though - I don't think he'll be happy with him.

sleeping giant
03-01-2010, 09:42 PM
If he secretly liked the reaction he wouldn't say it in public. :wink:

I agree with you though - I don't think he'll be happy with him.

Did Yogi not get sent off in his first Derby ?

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM

Yes and I think he's on record as saying he regrets it. And also that the boy cheated and conned the ref. :greengrin

Westie1875
03-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Yes, and he mentioned this when asked about the sending off in his after match radio interview.

I don't think he'll be too hard on McCormack.

--------
03-01-2010, 09:47 PM

Did he actually break Clum's cheekbone? I know that's what the Yam claimed, but IIRC there was a degree of doubt about the extent of the damage done once the case came to court. And Clum and his mates had been provoking trouble for quite a while before Darren finally hit him.

Retaliation like this has a long history in football, btw. Anyone remember big Tam Gemmell chasing after Helmut Haller at Hampden (ah, alliteration's artful aid!) and booting him hard up the Appian Way, thus getting himself first go at the hot bath water and access to a surfeit of clean towels?

IIRC that was for something that Haller had done to Gemmell a couple of minutes earlier, which the referee had either missed or ignored.....

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/367248/bad_tackle_hellmut_v_gemmell/

That's a senior international footballer with a European Cup winner's medal, btw. And yes, you could say Tam had anger issues at times, too. This can be sorted.

EuanH78
03-01-2010, 09:48 PM

It'd be like your bairn coming home from the school saying he's getting picked on. Next day he comes back having flattened the guy and been suspended. Would you not be just a wee bit proud of him? even though you might say and act differently.

Danderhall Hibs
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
It'd be like your bairn coming home from the school saying he's getting picked on. Next day he comes back having flattened the guy and been suspended. Would you not be just a wee bit proud of him? even though you might say and act differently.

I like the analogy. :greengrin You're right - although I would say to him "FFS why did you get caught!"

Jonnyboy
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
To be fair he was struggling today, perhaps frustration and heat of the moment took over.......

Again

Simkin911
03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Just watched it for the 1st time on Sky. Pretty pathetic headbutt from the Hearts guy really. Shame there was retaliation but, as already posted, if you're gonna do it back then do it well. :wink:

--------
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I like the analogy. :greengrin You're right - although I would say to him "FFS why did you get caught!"

THAT is EXACTLY the point. :agree:

Mountains and molehills come to mind.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 09:53 PM
McCormack should have went down like a bag of coal and got the Yam sent off, that's what an experienced guy would have done; not Mr. McCormack, who thinks he's in a pub fight and not a football pitch.

Simkin911
03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Did he actually break Clum's cheekbone? I know that's what the Yam claimed, but IIRC there was a degree of doubt about the extent of the damage done once the case came to court. And Clum and his mates had been provoking trouble for quite a while before Darren finally hit him.

Retaliation like this has a long history in football, btw. Anyone remember big Tam Gemmell chasing after Helmut Haller at Hampden (ah, alliteration's artful aid!) and booting him hard up the Appian Way, thus getting himself first go at the hot bath water and access to a surfeit of clean towels?

IIRC that was for something that Haller had done to Gemmell a couple of minutes earlier, which the referee had either missed or ignored.....

That's a senior international footballer with a European Cup winner's medal, btw. And yes, you could say Tam had anger issues at times, too. This can be sorted.

==
:faf:

That was much better than McManus versus Driver.... at least the ball was still in play when McManus "tackled".

AK86
03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
i have and he said "Darrens the kind of guy we need at the club"
Im sure Yogi would rather his players had fight as oppose to rolling about the floor. If someone had nutted Yogi on the park, I think we all know what the outcome would have been:wink:

--------
03-01-2010, 10:02 PM
McCormack should have went down like a bag of coal and got the Yam sent off, that's what an experienced guy would have done; not Mr. McCormack, who thinks he's in a pub fight and not a football pitch.

i have and he said "Darrens the kind of guy we need at the club"
Im sure Yogi would rather his players had fight as oppose to rolling about the floor. If someone had nutted Yogi on the park, I think we all know what the outcome would have been:wink:

I'm not entirely sure I want Hibs players 'going down like sacks of coal' when an opponent fouls them. He might have got the Yam sent off (the Yam was going anyway) but the damage to his reputation and the reputation of the club would be too high a price to pay, IMO.

Recollecting Yogi's reaction when an ICT player did exactly that to one of the Falkirk guys in last season's Scottish Cup, I would also suggest that a player who did that might find himself having a VERY difficult time at training the following week....

EuanH78
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM

An experienced pro might use his hand to put the ball in the net. Doesn't make it right or professional IMO

Darren obviously wasn't hurt. I like the fact he didn't pretend he was.
I also like the fact he wasn't gonna let that twat get away with trying to act the hard man over him, he might have been smarter about it though sure, Iain Murray style would have been a good option. i.e. putting him to the front row of the stands at the next opportunity (hard but fair).

You would hope that would come with experience though, In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he had already had the heads up on how to deal with that in the future.

And anyway, IMO I don't think he had that bad a game. Not great either mind,

iwasthere1972
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM

The upside is that it wasn't a player that we will miss greatly in the future. Thank god it wasn't Murray.

greenlex
03-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Thats better than I remember it. I think thats the first time I have seen it in slo-mo. Haller actually goes another foot in the air at contact. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
03-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes and I think he's on record as saying he regrets it. And also that the boy cheated and conned the ref. :greengrin

From what I remember of that incident, Hughes ruffled the guy's hair as he went past him and then he fell to the ground. The referee then sent Yogi off.

Jonnyboy
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
From what I remember of that incident, Hughes ruffled the guy's hair as he went past him and then he fell to the ground. The referee then sent Yogi off.

Perspective
03-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Stupid, stupid boy. His big chance in the first team again and he completely blew it.

Even aside from his moment of madness, his touch and passing were again woeful. He's never, ever going to be a competent SPL full-back and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at centre-back for us either.

As for the red, his selfish 'hard man' streak sold the jerseys. A man up and I've no doubt we'd have won that game. It takes a bigger man not to react in these situations. It's not as if he's not got previous. From what I'm led to believe anyway he's not particularly highly rated by the current management team so he shouldn't be an issue for long.

It's such a disappointment because it's not long go that he looked a real prospect in the youth ranks, when John Collins wanted to build a defence round him.

RickyS
03-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Excellent post match comments from the gaffer. in reference to Palazuelos's attempt to chase mccormack....

Hughes was more amused than anything else by Palazuelos' subsequent attempt to chase McCormack down the Easter Road tunnel.

"Palazuelos was trying to get down to get a hold of Darren," smiled Hughes. "He (Palazuelos] would not win a fight in a chip shop, by the way. I get my kill. But the hard boys were in and I got myself across too, to cool his jets."

Hughes insisted there was no problem between himself and Laszlo, despite the on – and off-field – dramas.

"Me and him get on great," he said. "Absolutely fantastic. The two of us do a lot for clubs in the community, and we are always bumping into each other. We get on great."

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Stupid, stupid boy. His big chance in the first team again and he completely blew it.

Even aside from his moment of madness, his touch and passing were again woeful. He's never, ever going to be a competent SPL full-back and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at centre-back for us either.

As for the red, his selfish 'hard man' streak sold the jerseys. A man up and I've no doubt we'd have won that game. It takes a bigger man not to react in these situations. It's not as if he's not got previous. From what I'm led to believe anyway he's not particularly highly rated by the current management team so he shouldn't be an issue for long.

It's such a disappointment because it's not long go that he looked a real prospect in the youth ranks, when John Collins wanted to build a defence round him.When was he been sent off before? What happened? :confused:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Just seen the incedent for the first time. Why would he not hit back, he was attacked. Maybe he was getting attacked for his previous things? why did that twat try to attack Yogi ? maybe he is a brave man ?

Perspective
03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
When was he been sent off before? What happened? :confused:

He's got previous for the Elliot incident.

Alex Trager
03-01-2010, 11:38 PM
You jut stole this from me i wasseconds away from starting a new thread on this.... excellent anyway:top marks

BTW thats some 'heidbut' from MCcormack

CallumLaidlaw
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Palazuelos is a to$$er!

lapsedhibee
03-01-2010, 11:40 PM

Don't remember that but did TG not run the length of the pitch to boot an opponent in a club game (might have been in the World Club Championship after Celtc won the EC)? Can't remember if that was during or just after the match, but pretty sure a ball wasn't involved.

Speedy
03-01-2010, 11:44 PM
I have only read the first page but I thought it was enough to reply...

Obviously Daz shouldn't be reacting but from what I've heard from friends of friends he's not the type of guy to put up with crap. In my opinion this is fine but when he is on a football pitch, as a professional footballer, he should act as a professional i.e. not reacting and getting on with the game. He's a young guy and I'm sure Yogi will give him a telling off(to put it politely) and then let him get on with his footballing career.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
He's got previous for the Elliot incident.

Previous on a pitch ? NO !!!

DirtyDeeds
Absolute clown. This guys days must be numbered now. Big talk of him a couple of year ago being a player when he cancelled his supposed pre-contract to Celtic. With the ball at his feet, he's frighteningly poor. And has shown on and off the field, his temperamant is suspect to say the least. I've wanted him to do be a player for so long, but hes not one of the 17 or 18 year-olds anymore, I just dont think he can cut it.

If the Elliot incident didnt put him on a shoogly peg, today must. He is a helluva long way from being indespensible. Too wee for a top lass centre, too pish a footballer to be a good full-back. He's also on a very good wage that we could do with freeing up. Time for a taxi sir.

Booked4Being-Ugly
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Just as i thought - no answer. :rolleyes:

Perspective
03-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Previous on a pitch ? NO !!!

He was very fortunate to be at the club after that and should be working hard, keeping his head down to pay Hibs back for being so lenient.

Maybe you're happy enough watching our players stick the head on the opposition (provoked or not) but I'd rather we won games. That's best achieved by keeping our players on the park, not having Wotherspoon dragged back to right-back and being a man up on Hearts.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Excellent post match comments from the gaffer. in reference to Palazuelos's attempt to chase mccormack....

Hughes was more amused than anything else by Palazuelos' subsequent attempt to chase McCormack down the Easter Road tunnel.

"Palazuelos was trying to get down to get a hold of Darren," smiled Hughes. "He (Palazuelos] would not win a fight in a chip shop, by the way. I get my kill. But the hard boys were in and I got myself across too, to cool his jets."

Hughes insisted there was no problem between himself and Laszlo, despite the on – and off-field – dramas.

"Me and him get on great," he said. "Absolutely fantastic. The two of us do a lot for clubs in the community, and we are always bumping into each other. We get on great."

Pretty poor comments to make...... Pity he could not get his tactics right, and maybe would have been talking of a win, rather than fighting in chip shops..... Classless.....

truehibernian
03-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Easy to criticise but Palazuelos headbutted him first and its human instinct/nature to react instantly. Beckham, Rooney, Totti, Zidane.......they have all done likewise, so lets not be too harsh on DM. I thought he cleared his lines well and did not bad today at full back. Plus he gave it back with extra :wink:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
03-01-2010, 11:53 PM
He was very fortunate to be at the club after that and should be working hard, keeping his head down to pay Hibs back for being so lenient.

Maybe you're happy enough watching our players stick the head on the opposition (provoked or not) but I'd rather we won games. That's best achieved by keeping our players on the park, not having Wotherspoon dragged back to right-back and being a man up on Hearts.

maybe I am happy watching my team stick up for themself ?? If you knew the truth about the the "elliot" innocent you would not be so hard to judge ? but maybe you just want to judge ?

millarco
03-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Just seen the incedent for the first time. Why would he not hit back, he was attacked. Maybe he was getting attacked for his previous things? why did that twat try to attack Yogi ? maybe he is a brave man ?

Why does he need to react at all? If he steps back and lets the ref do his job then Palazuelos sees red and we have the upper hand. Our shape suffered badly when Wotherspoon dropped to right-back, and we'd obviously have a numerical advantage as well as momentum with us. Instead he looses the rag and because of the Zemmama injury we're worse off.

If he did that at amatuer level he'd be looking at a 1 year ban. Anyone should be able to show a bit of restraint and not resort to violence, never mind a professional footballer during a game.

RickyS
03-01-2010, 11:58 PM
You jut stole this from me i wasseconds away from starting a new thread on this.... excellent anyway:top marks

BTW thats some 'heidbut' from MCcormack

there was no way McCormack was going to let that lie, perhaps Clum had asked one of his mates to stick one on him:greengrin

truehibernian
03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Far from it being classless, its exactly what this Hibs team needs. Fighters ! The team has flair, decent technique and youth. What it lacks is a bit of street braun and guts, and to be honest, I like Yogi coming out with these comments, as all the other teams in the SPL, whether we like it or not, still see Hibs as a soft touch when it comes to the physical side of the game. So it's not classless, just an honest assessement of a team in progress :wink: Had we had a couple of defenders/midfielders with a "Roy Keane" type character, instilling fear in the opposition, then we would have won comfortably today. We allow teams to dominate far too much in periods of the game IMO

Perspective
03-01-2010, 11:59 PM
maybe I am happy watching my team stick up for themself ?? If you knew the truth about the the "elliot" innocent you would not be so hard to judge ? but maybe you just want to judge ?

I judge him as a young player who, at the moment, is nowhere near reaching his potential. Off the pitch, I know enough to suggest he needs to screw the nut but I'm not going to go into that. Suffice to say he has a bit of a reputation.

When I watched him coming through the ranks for Hibs and Scotland I thought we had a real player on our hands. But now, as I've said, he looks well short of even being a competent SPL player. I'll wager the same supporters who are sticking up for him today are the same ones who told us repeatedly that Jay Shields was a better option at right-back than Steven Whittaker. Because he 'could look after himself' too.

Plenty other (better) players have managed to control themselves in the face of provocation. I know I'd far rather wipe the smile off Palazuelos' face by beating Hearts. I'm sure behind closed doors Yogi will hammer him.

truehibernian
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Zidane.....World Cup Final........can't get bigger than that and a better player than that. DM is human and cut him a wee bit slack eh :bitchy:

RickyS
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
I took it as a, making light of it type of comment. but suppose its down to individual interpretation.

Perspective
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Zidane.....World Cup Final........can't get bigger than that and a better player than that. DM is human and cut him a wee bit slack eh :bitchy:

You won't find anyone who holds Zidane in a higher regard than me, but I'll bet he regrets that moment every day for the rest of his life.

He was controlling that game, dominating the competition and it should have brought the curtain down on an amazing career in the best possible way. But he blew it too, let his team-mates and country down and that will eat away at him.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:05 AM
I judge him as a young player who, at the moment, is nowhere near reaching his potential. Off the pitch, I know enough to suggest he needs to screw the nut but I'm not going to go into that. Suffice to say he has a bit of a reputation.

When I watched him coming through the ranks for Hibs and Scotland I thought we had a real player on our hands. But now, as I've said, he looks well short of even being a competent SPL player. I'll wager the same supporters who are sticking up for him today are the same ones who told us repeatedly that Jay Shields was a better option at right-back than Steven Whittaker. Because he 'could look after himself' too.

Plenty other (better) players have managed to control themselves in the face of provocation. I know I'd far rather wipe the smile off Palazuelos' face by beating Hearts. I'm sure behind closed doors Yogi will hammer him.

Absoulte rubbish. I think he can make it unlike the others, I do not know him but know Elliot and what he said was he led him onto the trouble. Maybe he has made mistakes but so did Scott Brown at this state in his carear. ???

DirtyDeeds
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Absoulte rubbish. I think he can make it unlike the others, I do not know him but know Elliot and what he said was he led him onto the trouble. Maybe he has made mistakes but so did Scott Brown at this state in his carear. ???

The difference being that, rightly or wrongly, players with that little bit of genius get themselves some leeway as result of the positives theyve contributed to the team and to results. Scott Brown certainly did this in his time at our club. McCormack hasnt even proven himself to be a decent first-team player yet. Scott Brown also didnt embarrass himself and the club by having a criminal record for assaulting somebody in the street. Let alone a pathetic little weed from the other mob. Some may applaud him clubbing Elliot, it just proved he's a degenerate with no control. Something he proved in the football pitch today.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM
The difference being that, rightly or wrongly, players with that little bit of genius get themselves some leeway as result of the positives theyve contributed to the team and to results. Scott Brown certainly did this in his time at our club. McCormack hasnt even proven himself to be a decent first-team player yet. Scott Brown also didnt embarrass himself and the club by having a criminal record for assaulting somebody in the street. Let alone a pathetic little weed from the other mob. Some may applaud him clubbing Elliot, it just proved he's a degenerate with no control. Something he proved in the football pitch today.

Fine lets bring Deeks into this. I think the guy is good but lets put the cards on the table and is trouble in Edinburgh buts thats okay because he is a hibby and scores goals.

LancashireHibby
04-01-2010, 12:18 AM

Surely the best way of reacting would be to move away and give the Jambo a little wave as he made his way down the tunnel? Thought Hearts coped far better with 10 men than we did, didn't seem to be any sort of reorganisation and I'm relatively sure that Deeks spent the majority of the second half in the Nip.

joebakerforever
04-01-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm amazed at the slagging McCormack is taking, though I suspect one or two on here are Yams in green camouflage :wink:

Has he a history of on field disciplinary problems ? - I don't think so.

Whilst his performance today was below par (but nowhere as bad as Hogg was), he has turned in some decent shifts in the limited appearances he has made.

Suppose that as Maka was not playing today, the torn face whingers will be glad to have another target for their self-righteous girning .

fatbloke
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I took it as a, making light of it type of comment. but suppose its down to individual interpretation.

Have to agree with you on this one RickyS:agree::agree::agree:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I'm amazed at the slagging McCormack is taking, though I suspect one or two on here are Yams in green camouflage :wink:

Has he a history of on field disciplinary problems ? - I don't think so.

Whilst his performance today was below par (but nowhere as bad as Hogg was), he has turned in some decent shifts in the limited appearances he has made.

Suppose that as Maka was not playing today, the torn face whingers will be glad to have another target for their self-righteous girning .

:top marksSpot on but some people just want moan

DirtyDeeds
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Fine lets bring Deeks into this. I think the guy is good but lets put the cards on the table and is trouble in Edinburgh buts thats okay because he is a hibby and scores goals.

Bring 'Sir Derek' into it if you wish. I really dont think you 'get' what i said. I think Riordan's a grade 'A' ring piece off the park and has embarrassed himself and the club on a number of occasions. Slight similarities to McCormack in that sense. Riordan has proven himself to be an outstanding footballer who has contributed endlessyly to the entertainment provided over the years, as well as bagging us a good number of points. McCormack has definitely not done this. And if he as capable of doing so, i doubt Wotherspoon would have played right-back for most of the season. As my previous post stated, sometimes with genius you have to take the negatives for the whole thing to work. Mr McCormack is no genius.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
Pretty poor comments to make...... Pity he could not get his tactics right, and maybe would have been talking of a win, rather than fighting in chip shops..... Classless.....

U must be having a laugh. Yogi done what YOGI does which is having a laugh about things that may cause us trouble. Do you always have to have a go at him ?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:33 AM
Bring 'Sir Derek' into it if you wish. I really dont think you 'get' what i said. I think Riordan's a grade 'A' ring piece off the park and has embarrassed himself and the club on a number of occasions. Slight similarities to McCormack in that sense. Riordan has proven himself to be an outstanding footballer who has contributed endlessyly to the entertainment provided over the years, as well as bagging us a good number of points. McCormack has definitely not done this. And if he as capable of doing so, i doubt Wotherspoon would have played right-back for most of the season. As my previous post stated, sometimes with genius you have to take the negatives for the whole thing to work. Mr McCormack is no genius.

Who said he is a genius ? Why do we have to judge youngester so early ? If we did "sir Riordan(in your word)" would have not make it. OR Fletcher, O'Conner, Brown,Thompon ETC ETC ETC

truehibernian
04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
Lee Wallace is a right good left back, albeit playing for the Yams, with a criminal record that would make most pro footballers wince. Doesn't offer excitement for Hearts, but solid, workmanlike dependability. DM could do the same given a run in the side and good coaching on the sidelines. One mistake today doesn't make him a bad footballer bud :wink:

soupy
04-01-2010, 12:34 AM

totally agree:notworthy:

DirtyDeeds
04-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Lee Wallace is a right good left back, albeit playing for the Yams, with a criminal record that would make most pro footballers wince. Doesn't offer excitement for Hearts, but solid, workmanlike dependability. DM could do the same given a run in the side and good coaching on the sidelines. One mistake today doesn't make him a bad footballer bud :wink:

With all due respect, Wallace looks different class. Reminds me a lot of Murphy in that way that he attacks, and defends solidly too. I feel dirty saying that!! I dont base my opinions on today. I base it on seeing him play a number of times, the fact that hes already 21, and take into account the fact that despite making his debut over 2 years ago, he still cant command a regular place at either centre-half or right-back. We have gone as far as to convert a brilliant young attacking midfielder into a full-back as a preferred option to McCormack. I've said already, id love to see him become a player as we've not produced a centre-half of quality in ages, but I really just dont think hes that good. It seems like other managers in the past have felt the same.

Cabbage East
04-01-2010, 12:52 AM
McCormack did nothing wrong, you'd have to be a blouse no to hit that boy back after he stuck the head on you.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:57 AM
McCormack did nothing wrong, you'd have to be a blouse no to hit that boy back after he stuck the head on you.

Spot on. But a few on here think he should shot for sticking up for himself !!!!

truehibernian
04-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Wallace came in after that Fyssas left. DM had Whittaker and then McCann ahead of him, and has not had the same run in the side that Wallace has had at the Yams. He seems a decent, pacey, footballing right back, and with good coaching will come good. Just because he was human, and reacted as we all might when provoked, doesn't make him a bad footballer or indeed a disgrace. Young man with a lot to learn in his profession, that's all. Every single footballer has a rush of blood now and again so hopefully that's young Darren's and he moves on from here and chalks it off as experience. Plus he got the Yambolino with a beauty......always nice :wink:

Speedy
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM

Not really, it's not hard to take a dig and let the guy know it made no impact.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 12:58 AM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;2296698]Wallace came in after that Fyssas left. DM had Whittaker and then McCann ahead of him, and has not had the same run in the side that Wallace has had at the Yams. He seems a decent, pacey, footballing right back, and with good coaching will come good. Just because he was human, and reacted as we all might when provoked, doesn't make him a bad footballer or indeed a disgrace. Young man with a lot to learn in his profession, that's all. Every single footballer has a rush of blood now and again so hopefully that's young Darren's and he moves on from here and chalks it off as experience. Plus he got the Yambolino with a beauty......always nice :wink:[QUOTE]

Cabbage East
04-01-2010, 12:59 AM
Spot on. But a few on here think he should shot for sticking up for himself !!!!

Aye but this place is hardly representative of the Hibs support. The west stand maybe.

Cabbage East
04-01-2010, 01:01 AM

If you say so. In the heat of the moment you're meant to what, laugh at the boy after he's stuck the head on you? Don't think so.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 01:02 AM

You must be having a laugh. how many people will let ANYONE stick the head on them and "let the guy know it had no impact" Surely you hit back ?

Speedy
04-01-2010, 01:11 AM
If you say so. In the heat of the moment you're meant to what, laugh at the boy after he's stuck the head on you? Don't think so.

You must be having a laugh. how many people will let ANYONE stick the head on them and "let the guy know it had no impact" Surely you hit back ?

I've done it before when I've been out on the piss so I don't think it is too much to expect of a professional footballer(at least on the pitch).

However as I said in my earlier post, I think that may be pretty much what Yogi will tell Daz and hopefully it will act as a lesson learned.

soupy
04-01-2010, 01:16 AM
Totally disagree with all the people who say Mcormacks out of order, if someone headbutts you, why wouldnt you hit back?

Cmon the Daz:notworthy:

hibeemikey21
04-01-2010, 01:16 AM

Or a sensible player with their head screwed on.

This is how a class act responds to attacks of that nature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1ev18h0EI

Numerical advantage. Get on with the game and win it. The player getting sent off looks like tool and gets the suspension.

Originally Posted by HONG KONG PHOOEY http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2296697#post2296697)
Aye but this place is hardly representative of the Hibs support. The west stand maybe.

I nearly spat my prawn sandwich out at my butler when I read that! And those advocating what McCormack did must be all those East stand, proper die hard fans eh? So tell me Mr Hibernian, would you have preferred 11 on 10 for the final 35 mins or McCormack to have kept his street cred in tact?

A man who walks away from that and lets the ref do his job will command the respect of his team mates, manager and all the fans that are'nt jakies.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 01:18 AM
I've done it before when I've been out on the piss so I don't think it is too much to expect of a professional footballer(at least on the pitch).

However as I said in my earlier post, I think that may be pretty much what Yogi will tell Daz and hopefully it will act as a lesson learned.

You have let someone stick the head on you with now reply ??? More full you if you let that happen

Regina Phalange
04-01-2010, 01:19 AM

He's at his work. If you or I did that at work, even in retaliation, we'd be out the door that day for gross misconduct. Especially in public, on live TV no less, representing your employer. Happened at my old work not so long ago, two lads were noising each other up, went a wee bit too far and one of them threw a punch, the other guy swung back. Neither of them really connected but both were sacked on the spot. In the real world McCormack would be signing on tomorrow.

The worst thing is that if he hadn't reacted we were a man up for the rest of the game and would have been favourites to go and win it. He should be shining boots and putting out cones for no pay for the next wee while, until he earns his right to be in the squad again. He's let his team mates down, and if I was one of the other players I'd expect McCormack to be at the back of the queue now.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Or a sensible player with their head screwed on.

This is how a class act responds to attacks of that nature:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er1ev18h0EI

Numerical advantage. Get on with the game and win it. The player getting sent off looks like tool and gets the suspension.

Originally Posted by HONG KONG PHOOEY http://www.hibs.net/message/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?p=2296697#post2296697)

I nearly spat my prawn sandwich out at my butler when I read that! And those advocating what McCormack did must be all those East stand, proper die hard fans eh? So tell me Mr Hibernian, would you have preferred 11 on 10 for the final 35 mins or McCormack to have kept his street cred in tact?

A man who walks away from that and lets the ref do his job will command the respect of his team mates, manager and all the fans that are'nt jakies.

Most of your quote was not from me but I sit in the west upper but if you want to make steroe typical assumptions go ahead

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
He's at his work. If you or I did that at work, even in retaliation, we'd be out the door that day for gross misconduct. Especially in public, on live TV no less, representing your employer. Happened at my old work not so long ago, two lads were noising each other up, went a wee bit too far and one of them threw a punch, the other guy swung back. Neither of them really connected but both were sacked on the spot. In the real world McCormack would be signing on tomorrow.

The worst thing is that if he hadn't reacted we were a man up for the rest of the game and would have been favourites to go and win it. He should be shining boots and putting out cones for no pay for the next wee while, until he earns his right to be in the squad again. He's let his team mates down, and if I was one of the other players I'd expect McCormack to be at the back of the queue now.

Football is not the real world. If it was Terry would not get £100000 a week

Speedy
04-01-2010, 01:25 AM
You have let someone stick the head on you with now reply ??? More full you if you let that happen

Not exactly. The situation I am thinking of was when a guy punched me in the face and I laughed at him and told him to do it again because it made so little impact. I don't want to go into details because that wasn't the point. What I was getting at is that Palazleous(sp) hardly made any impact and he(DM) should know better than to hit him back because he is quite clearly going to get sent off.

truehibernian
04-01-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L8z830KuxA&feature=PlayList&p=FD9C3C97BF5F314E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

World Footballer of the Year.........even the greats have their moments lads. Move on , he made a mistake, and he will learn from it. Big big difference from acting like that in our respective workplaces and in front of 16,000 in a heated, tense, derby football match. Clearly some on here have never kicked a ball in anger or indeed played football at a decent level if they feel DM should be hung out to dry :bitchy:

hibeemikey21
04-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Most of your quote was not from me but I sit in the west upper but if you want to make steroe typical assumptions go ahead

No, the assumption about the West fans was made by Monza. That was the line under your quote. I too sit in the West and cringe when folk from the East bang on about how they are better fans.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Not exactly. The situation I am thinking of was when a guy punched me in the face and I laughed at him and told him to do it again because it made so little impact. I don't want to go into details because that wasn't the point. What I was getting at is that Palazleous(sp) hardly made any impact and he(DM) should know better than to hit him back because he is quite clearly going to get sent off.

Palazleaous did make a impact and McCormack stuck up for himself. He did not know the ref seen it as he was acting on self defence. He did not have the time to say "it hardly made a impact" like you.

Speedy
04-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Palazleaous did make a impact and McCormack stuck up for himself. He did not know the ref seen it as he was acting on self defence. He did not have the time to say "it hardly made a impact" like you.

I get the feeling we may not be able to agree on this.

At the end of the day he may have stuck up for himself but it's not like he really had to, what's the worst that could have happened?

Cabbage1875
04-01-2010, 01:46 AM
Far from it being classless, its exactly what this Hibs team needs. Fighters ! The team has flair, decent technique and youth. What it lacks is a bit of street braun and guts, and to be honest, I like Yogi coming out with these comments, as all the other teams in the SPL, whether we like it or not, still see Hibs as a soft touch when it comes to the physical side of the game. So it's not classless, just an honest assessement of a team in progress :wink: Had we had a couple of defenders/midfielders with a "Roy Keane" type character, instilling fear in the opposition, then we would have won comfortably today. We allow teams to dominate far too much in periods of the game IMO
I love Yogi in general and I take his comments yesterday with the humour they are intended.

In response to the quote above, we need 'fighters' that will fight whilst playing football; by scrapping for every ball and running until they can run no more. We do not need guys headbutting other players and letting their team mates down badly by getting sent off. All in my view, of course. :cool2:

EuanH78
04-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Maybe he should have done this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTmGg5FY2wM&feature=related

bighairyfaeleith
04-01-2010, 05:29 AM
shouldn't have reacted but at least when he did, he done it right and hit the **** hard :greengrin

Kaiser1962
04-01-2010, 06:55 AM

Lack of fighters has been a Hibs problem for years. Its all very well having the ball players in there but we need the guys to do the ugly stuff too. Hearts always seem, IMO, to "want" it more than us and I have felt that for almost 40 years even though, undoubtedly, we appear to have better players. McCormack was played to bring a bit of steel to the side and and whilst what he did was pretty stupid it was ay least understandable. I can see what Yogi's tact was as we were bullied last week and surrendered disappointingly against the hun. However, like last week, I would still have played Cregg instead of Rankin and cant fathom why this did not happen.

hibiedude
04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
When you retaliate in the manner that McCormack did you get sent off every time and I'm sure Yogi will get that message across to the lad.

People saying that the lad did nothing wrong is a joke because he got sent off, he is a professional footballer not the local nutter going out for a pint and looking for a fight.

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2010, 08:42 AM
The way we were playing,even if hertz had 10 men we would have struggled to take advantage,we seem to be stalling and in my opinion are not getting any better,I think Yogi needs to start cracking heads together and kick a few er5es,Hogg was again woeful,Zouma needs to spread the ball a bit better the list is endless,hertz deserved more from the game than we did.Are we not up for it anymore? I have thought we have been riding our luck quite a few times this season and again yesterday.Oh aye,pity McCormack retaliated but great comeback.

Perspective
04-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Clearly some on here have never kicked a ball in anger or indeed played football at a decent level if they feel DM should be hung out to dry :bitchy:

Nonsense. I'd wager most on here play or have played the game all their life.

Maybe you shouldn't judge everyone by your standard. Not all of us are knuckle-draggers. I think it's pathetic that people are impressed by what McCormack did.

jst1875
04-01-2010, 08:57 AM
The way we were playing,even if hertz had 10 men we would have struggled to take advantage,we seem to be stalling and in my opinion are not getting any better,I think Mixu needs to start cracking heads together and kick a few er5es,Hogg was again woeful,Zouma needs to spread the ball a bit better the list is endless,hertz deserved more from the game than we did.Are we not up for it anymore? I have thought we have been riding our luck quite a few times this season and again yesterday.Oh aye,pity McCormack retaliated but great comeback.

i cant see what impact mixu cracking a few heads together is going to have !!
:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Cannae believe ah put that:greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
04-01-2010, 09:02 AM
i cant condone his reaction to the jambo w*****r, but will say i'm glad he didn't fane injury like the vast majority of poncy footballers nowadays who would have done :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cheltenhamhibee
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM

I know I can't.

i would love the chance tae stick one on the tw*t lol

Baldy Foghorn
04-01-2010, 09:07 AM
U must be having a laugh. Yogi done what YOGI does which is having a laugh about things that may cause us trouble. Do you always have to have a go at him ?

So do you want a comedian in charge? Shall we ask Frank Skinner.......???

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Not particularly proud of myself for feeling this way, but I confess that at the time I loved McCormack's retaliation of the Yam.

And if I'm being honest, while I appreciate all the arguments to the contrary, I still do.

Hibby70
04-01-2010, 09:40 AM
song for the next derby?
Hearts do wee butts, Hibs do big butts! (with appropriate actions)

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Nonsense. I'd wager most on here play or have played the game all their life.

Maybe you shouldn't judge everyone by your standard. Not all of us are knuckle-draggers. I think it's pathetic that people are impressed by what McCormack did.Nobody's impressed with what he done but to jump on the lads back for sticking up for himself is equally ridiculous. Football's a contact
sport and sometimes these things happen. If you don't like it then go and watch sailing, horse jumping or strictly clum dancing!

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 10:41 AM
song for the next derby?
Hearts do wee butts, Hibs do big butts! (with appropriate actions)

Doesn't work. One look at Nade's backside...

500miles
04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
There is something in me that makes me glad that he didn't fall down like a jessie, and start all the rolling about nonsense. He should have taken it in a more stoic, mature manner, however.

HenryMonk
04-01-2010, 11:28 AM
some posters reaction to this is just laughable...... if i could be arsed i will find same joke posters saying in other threads that hibs are crying out for no nosense players, and why do we always get bullied from teams(and hearts espesh). yet when a hibs player grows some balls he needs to be punted, hung, is a disgrace and even is shiote!

i want players like daz in my team full stop, yes he will defo learn from this. and reading between lines in yogi's comments of this incident he wants daz type players in team and not wimps like maka.

little incident happened at recent aberdeen game on bench.....yogi punched daz full force in chest! daz asked him wtf you punching me for? yogi answers cos zouma doesnt ****in tackle. we need more aggression in our team, not take it out. then next time a hearts player come up against daz in same situation they will think diffirently about trying to bully him or us.

and another thing.... i actualy thought daz was having a good game up until that point.

end of and **** the hearts

HenryMonk
04-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Nobody's impressed with what he done but to jump on the lads back for sticking up for himself is equally ridiculous. Football's a contact
sport and sometimes these things happen. If you don't like it then go and watch sailing, horse jumping or strictly clum dancing!

Cocaine&Caviar
04-01-2010, 11:38 AM
All those saying that McCormack should have left it, can we be sure that the ref would have noticed the original headbutt if he had not been drawn to the situation by the retaliation?

GloryGlory
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
All those saying that McCormack should have left it, can we be sure that the ref would have noticed the original headbutt if he had not been drawn to the situation by the retaliation?

If he hadn't noticed the original butt, he wouldn't have sent Palazuelos off.

cad
04-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Mc Cormack was shocking yesterday nutting the Yam was the only thing he done right .:agree:

Cabbage1875
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Clearly some on here have never kicked a ball in anger or indeed played football at a decent level if they feel DM should be hung out to dry :bitchy:
Nonsense. You are wrong, incidentally.

I'm sure many folk on here have played to a decent level, and if they had, they would more likely know the importance of remaining professional and keeping your composure in a heated match like yesterday's, no?

Cabbage1875
04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
some posters reaction to this is just laughable...... if i could be arsed i will find same joke posters saying in other threads that hibs are crying out for no nosense players, and why do we always get bullied from teams(and hearts espesh). yet when a hibs player grows some balls he needs to be punted, hung, is a disgrace and even is shiote!

i want players like daz in my team full stop, yes he will defo learn from this. and reading between lines in yogi's comments of this incident he wants daz type players in team and not wimps like maka.

little incident happened at recent aberdeen game on bench.....yogi punched daz full force in chest! daz asked him wtf you punching me for? yogi answers cos zouma doesnt ****in tackle. we need more aggression in our team, not take it out. then next time a hearts player come up against daz in same situation they will think diffirently about trying to bully him or us.

and another thing.... i actualy thought daz was having a good game up until that point.

end of and **** the hearts
Wow, seriously?

Hibby Bairn
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I couldn't care less what he did regards the headbuut. More worrying is the absolute shocking performance he put it. Passing, crossing, defending...all awful. Partly at fault for Hearts goal. Should have been subbed at half time and then this thread wouldn't exist.

Regina Phalange
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Football is not the real world. If it was Terry would not get £100000 a week

That's exactly my point. If it was the real world, he would have been sacked. I'm not saying I think he should be.

Speedway
04-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Ultimately, I think, that McCormack's head butt indicated to the referee that he was not prepared to play by the 'no headbutting' rule and left the referee with no option but to decide whether or not he wanted McCormanck on his pitch as a result of the headbutt. Had McCormack not have headbutted the Hearts player, the referee would have been hard pressed to send him off for it.

millarco
04-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Nobody's impressed with what he done but to jump on the lads back for sticking up for himself is equally ridiculous. Football's a contact

There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of physicality within the rules of the game-Ian Murray is a perfect example of this. He'll tackle hard and fair-the opposition know they're in for a game, but it doesn't cost us anything. Headbutting isn't part of the 'contact sport' aspect of the game, that's why he was sent off.

If he doesn't get sent off then we have an extra man, we have a bit of momentum and the chance to win the game. Instead, McCormack reacts, and our whole shape has to change. Our right-midfielder has to drop to right back, and Lee Wallace had all the space to bomb forward and pose a threat. He was hardly in the game in the first half, but caused problems after the sendings off. We lost our attacking threat on the right hand side, and any momentum that could have been gained.

A sheer act of stupidity which hampered our chances of winning the game, and it could have been worse. What was to be gained from headbutting him?

GloryGlory
04-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I couldn't care less what he did regards the headbuut. More worrying is the absolute shocking performance he put it. Passing, crossing, defending...all awful. Partly at fault for Hearts goal. Should have been subbed at half time and then this thread wouldn't exist.

:agree: :agree: to a degree. McCormack and Hanlon are centre backs, we need at least one good quality experienced RB in the squad.

GloryGlory
04-01-2010, 12:41 PM
There's nothing wrong with showing a bit of physicality within the rules of the game-Ian Murray is a perfect example of this. He'll tackle hard and fair-the opposition know they're in for a game, but it doesn't cost us anything. Headbutting isn't part of the 'contact sport' aspect of the game, that's why he was sent off.
If he doesn't get sent off then we have an extra man, we have a bit of momentum and the chance to win the game. Instead, McCormack reacts, and our whole shape has to change. Our right-midfielder has to drop to right back, and Lee Wallace had all the space to bomb forward and pose a threat. He was hardly in the game in the first half, but caused problems after the sendings off. We lost our attacking threat on the right hand side, and any momentum that could have been gained.

A sheer act of stupidity which hampered our chances of winning the game, and it could have been worse. What was to be gained from headbutting him?

:agree: Absolutely. Discipline is important for any professional sportsman. McCormack lost his discipline, and therefore his focus, and as a result he cost his team the opportunity to go for a win in an important game. I agree we want players who won't be bullied and will stand up for themselves and the team, but that strength (which is not only physical but also mental) needs to be channelled appropriately. Violence leading to a sending off and suspension doesn't count as showing either strength of mind or purpose, IMHO.

Hfc_Since1875
04-01-2010, 12:52 PM
tbh i think this has been blown way out of context! Yes he made a mistake, but some of the comments are ridiculous! Yogi will punish him internally and that should be the end of it! we all make mistakes!!!

p.s Anyone know when his contract expires?

Peevemor
04-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Yogi will punish him internally

Ouch!

hibs is life
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
he had every right hitting back coz if some 1 did it 2 me thats what a would do thats for sure. a mind not that long ago use where all saying well done 2 him when he was fighting with callum elliot

Toaods
04-01-2010, 01:10 PM
:agree: Spot on easier said than done. Darren is still a young boy and you live and learn. The Pr#ck did deserve it and it cracks me up that he went to chase Darren down the tunnel. At least Darren went off when he got the red, that fud made a complete :asshole: of himself. Its easy to act like the big hard man with 6 guys pushing you back. His balls would shrink into peanuts if he never had half there bench holding him back :agree:

..tough guy Rueben managed to be restrained by some unknown who looks about 65 and another small bloke who usualy stands in the dug out doing an impression of Stan Laurel without the hat.

DM had Whittaker and then McCann ahead of him, and has not had the same run in the side that Wallace has had at the Yams. He seems a decent, pacey, footballing right back, and with good coaching will come good.

how were they ahead of him........he's a central defender so Hogg, Jones, Thicot and Bamba have kept him out.

more likely to be right then...:wink:

Lack of fighters has been a Hibs problem for years. Its all very well having the ball players in there but we need the guys to do the ugly stuff too. Hearts always seem, IMO, to "want" it more than us and I have felt that for almost 40 years even though, undoubtedly, we appear to have better players. McCormack was played to bring a bit of steel to the side and and whilst what he did was pretty stupid it was ay least understandable. I can see what Yogi's tact was as we were bullied last week and surrendered disappointingly against the hun. However, like last week, I would still have played Cregg instead of Rankin and cant fathom why this did not happen.

:agree:...a teams idea may be to rile Darren in future but who's the poor wee rabbit that is going to be allocated the job of taking the hit? Better to have people run scared of you than the other way round.

I think that Rankin and Miller were mor likely to play a constructive pass into feet with Zemmmama being played further forward than usual. The tactic never really worked but I can't say that Cregg would have improved things.

GlesgaeHibby
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm pretty shocked at the level of support that Darran's getting on this messageboard. His moment of madness arguably cost us a good chance of winning a very important match.

He's paid a good wage every week to act as a professional. Palazuelos is a dirty bugger and shouldn't have stuck the head on McCormack, but the referee is there to police the game, it isn't for McCormack to take matters into his own hands.

I've had people square up to me in clubs, but I walk away, even when I've had a few drinks. Why? Because I know that these idiots are purely looking for a reaction, and I'd get a criminal record which would hamper my career prospects.

Young kids look up to footballers, and the message that Darren sent out yesterday that violence is ok is an appalling message for kids to see.

Brizo
04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Tbh I havent read the 6 pages but can just imagine the moral outrage :devil:

Dazz should have screwed the nut rather than use it but how many born and bred hibbies of his age involved in a derby atmosphere wouldnt have reacted in the same way.

I cant stand players who crumple to the ground feigning injury when someone places their napper a foot away from their face or players who get themselves sent off for "retaliating" by way of a girly slap. Darrens reaction might have been the wrong one but it was a far more honest one than what we so often see in similar circumstances. If your gonna get yourself sent off at least make it count :wink:

Having defended him , Darren does need to learn to cool the jets. Im guessing that while Yogi will have some sympathy with him this time any repeat behaviour could do serious damage to the laddies Hibs career.

Booked4Being-Ugly
04-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm pretty shocked at the level of support that Darran's getting on this messageboard. His moment of madness arguably cost us a good chance of winning a very important match.

He's paid a good wage every week to act as a professional. Palazuelos is a dirty bugger and shouldn't have stuck the head on McCormack, but the referee is there to police the game, it isn't for McCormack to take matters into his own hands.

I've had people square up to me in clubs, but I walk away, even when I've had a few drinks. Why? Because I know that these idiots are purely looking for a reaction, and I'd get a criminal record which would hamper my career prospects.

Young kids look up to footballers, and the message that Darren sent out yesterday that violence is ok is an appalling message for kids to see.

It's not so much support but more trying to strike a balance from the string him up and cut his baws aff brigade!

His actions are not really excusable but are understandable and i'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

snooky
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Darren McCormack is a nutter. :wink:

Gatecrasher
04-01-2010, 02:54 PM
sometimes the red mist decends and you do something stupid this happens to some of the best players in the world.

as long as he learns to screw the nut and play better im not bothered.

James70
04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
AT the end of the day he will be judged on his footballing abilities and he needs much more 1st team experience if he is to improve.

This guy did ok for himself despite a naughty moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF4iWIE77Ts

GlesgaeHibby
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
It's not so much support but more trying to strike a balance from the string him up and cut his baws aff brigade!

His actions are not really excusable but are understandable and i'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I think most are, as long as he does learn from this. All young players makes mistakes, I'm sure he now regrets this.

If it happens again, it should spell the end of his Hibs career though.

This was a big chance for him to impress, and he's gone and let himself down and got a hefty suspension.

Let's hope its lesson learned.

Sir David Gray
04-01-2010, 03:37 PM
I really can't understand the people who are saying that they are glad that McCormack nutted Palazuelos because he stood up for himself and that will now put off anyone else from messing with him in the future.

If anything, people will be looking at yesterday's incident and thinking to themselves that all they need to do is rough him up a little bit (maybe not headbutt him like Palazuelos but just annoy him a few times and get inside his head) and then he will react and will get himself sent off, their team will be a man up and will have a massive advantage for the rest of the game.

There's a word for people like that - liability.

Dashing Bob S
04-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I don't think anyone can be blamed for retaliating when they are crudely and publically assaulted in that cowardly manner. It's alright saying that he's a professional footballer, but since when was some idiot sticking the head on one part of a footballer's job description?

I only hope he was able to take further revenge on this cowardly fool in the tunnel. I would also like to think that Yogi will take this no further and that Casa will subject this Yam idiot to the clubs disciplinary procedure, if it's not to fanciful to put the words 'Hearts' and 'discipline' in the same sentence.

Hibby 2005
04-01-2010, 03:53 PM
As has been stated several times already, McCormack blew Hibs' chance of winning the game by having an extra man. That was a bigger crime than anything the Hearts player did.

Kaiser1962
04-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't think anyone can be blamed for retaliating when they are crudely and publically assaulted in that cowardly manner. It's alright saying that he's a professional footballer, but since when was some idiot sticking the head on one part of a footballer's job description?

I only hope he was able to take further revenge on this cowardly fool in the tunnel. I would also like to think that Yogi will take this no further and that Casa will subject this Yam idiot to the clubs disciplinary procedure, if it's not to fanciful to put the words 'Hearts' and 'discipline' in the same sentence.

Having watched Hibs now for many decades I have to say that yesterday's little fracas on the touchline was one of the only times I can remember thinking that if it all kicks off we have a wee chance of winning the fight. Over the years, I have to say, we would not have won many fights but we also havent won that many games either.

clerriehibs
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Think you can see that palasoffhishead did more than square up to darren. Once you've had someone stick the head on you, then you can tell us how you reacted in the immediate aftermath. Maybe you'd just walk away al sensible like, maybe you do a palasoffhishead and pretend to be hard enough to rip the miscreant's head off once he was being held by the bouncers, or maybe you'd react like a normal human being and lash out in defence? Like Darren did. But don't compare someone squaring up to you with someone sticking the head on you, because it's not the same. Believe me.

Phil MaGlass
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM

cant agree with you about having an advantage if he hadnt been sent off,even against ten men we struggle,its actually about time we had a player like him in our squad,sends out a message were not to be bullied,mind you Murray does his talking with solid tackles,McCormack will hopefully learn from this.No sense in hammering the lad,its not as if he is a weathered professional,a few games under his belt and he will learn,hopefully he can turn it to his advantage like Broonie did and wind up the opposition.
I agree its not the kind of thing you want kids to see, but I thought "f,n yes, get in there" when he done it,dont fu-- with us you cheatin ba5tur--.Youy have to stand up to these cheatin hertz ****s.
You shouldnt be too surprised at the level of support he is getting,its Hibs, many will stand behind our players,others wont,a matter of opinions I suppose

Perspective
04-01-2010, 05:25 PM
You shouldnt be too surprised at the level of support he is getting,its Hibs, many will stand behind our players,others wont,a matter of opinions I suppose

Well I'm surprised. You don't get the same sort of backing for the likes of Maka, Hogg, Rankin, Nish... that McCormack has received.

Every one of those mentioned has contributed more on the park than McCormack but it doesn't take anything like a red card for violent conduct for them to be slated.

Cabbage1875
04-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Well I'm surprised. You don't get the same sort of backing for the likes of Maka, Hogg, Rankin, Nish... that McCormack has received.

Every one of those mentioned has contributed more on the park than McCormack but it doesn't take anything like a red card for violent conduct for them to be slated.
You have to wonder if we had lost the match or he had done it against St Mirren for example the reaction on here would have been as positive....

deek68
04-01-2010, 05:40 PM
I don’t think McCormack realised the referee had spotted Palazuelos petty, snidy go at him. Even if he had I’m not sure he’d have had the presence of mind to do nothing or feign injury anyway. The laddie reacted as people do, it’s the nature of things. Even the best in the business do things in the heat of the moment - Zidane is the best example here and has been quoted earlier. The problem with McCormack yesterday was that his football was poor.

Landells
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Just seen it on SkySports, It was a beauty :agree:

MyJo
04-01-2010, 06:27 PM
absolute beauty of "nut" from McCormack :hilarious

Landells
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
absolute beauty of "nut" from McCormack :hilarious

Slow motion on sky sports SPL round up. :thumbsup:

hibs is life
05-01-2010, 12:09 AM
his old man showed him how 2 do it right :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2010, 09:12 AM
So do you want a comedian in charge? Shall we ask Frank Skinner.......???

You have to let it go sometime brockie.:wink: I'd have frankie boyle, with billy connoly as his sidekick, with peter kaye as spongeman if they got us to the position we are in now, compared to last year. Just admit it man, you dinnae like yogi, but he's all hibs, and he's doing a great job. You will feel a lot better if you come out. :devil: Classless is never admitting you were wrong. :wink:

Mickey Edwards
05-01-2010, 09:17 AM
My thread comments are usually boring and recidivistically technical......football has become a science and I have applauded Hibs in the way they are now applying that ahead of most SPL clubs {not to mention their trailblazing financial management model for other clubs}

However........

Absolutely back McCormack to the hilt on this one.....stoater of a nutting.

If he can handle the physical battle and threats as well as play a competent {not great} RB at 19/20 he will be a phenomenal centre half in his mid twenties. There aren't too many ball playing centre halves with attitude and menace..............pure gold dust.................KEEP HIM AT ALL COSTS!!!!

If we want to maintain a season long-challenge and keep possession at the back to kill off games DM is the breed we need. Get in the gym, put on 5kg of muscle {whilst keeping mobility} over the next 2 seasons and we shall have a defensive superstar.

HibbyAndy
05-01-2010, 06:16 PM
What an unbelievably over the top thread.

Some folk need to get a grip FFS!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2010, 06:26 PM

But what about the age/experience perspective Perspective?
Shirley thats one key factor no? McCormacks not had the run in the team as the others have - albeit Rankin has not really had a run this season but you catch my drift.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-01-2010, 06:27 PM
What an unbelievably over the top thread.

Some folk need to get a grip FFS!

6 pages too late? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
05-01-2010, 06:30 PM
6 pages too late? :greengrin

Ken, been busy and just noticed it :greengrin

clerriehibs
05-01-2010, 07:39 PM
My thread comments are usually boring and recidivistically technical......football has become a science and I have applauded Hibs in the way they are now applying that ahead of most SPL clubs {not to mention their trailblazing financial management model for other clubs}

However........

If he can handle the physical battle and threats as well as play a competent {not great} RB at 19/20 he will be a phenomenal centre half in his mid twenties. There aren't too many ball playing centre halves with attitude and menace..............pure gold dust.................KEEP HIM AT ALL COSTS!!!!

If we want to maintain a season long-challenge and keep possession at the back to kill off games DM is the breed we need. Get in the gym, put on 5kg of muscle {whilst keeping mobility} over the next 2 seasons and we shall have a defensive superstar.

How would Shades have reacted ... definitely NOT by falling to the ground looking to have palaswellup sent off. Some on here are advocating that's what McCormack should have done. Sticking the head right back on some idiot isn't cheating. Pretending to be more hurt than you actually are (think spotty Gordon) is cheating. I'd rather have a player who stands up for himself at ER tham some coward.

For coward, think palaswellup claiming he'd done nothing, then chasing after McCormack trying to look the hard man when he had no intention of going anywhere near our boy.

hibbymark
05-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Handbags at dawn tbh! Not sure if there was any contact.:thumbsup:

Monts
05-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Anyone got a replay? :greengrin

WindyMiller
05-01-2010, 08:00 PM

However........

Mickey E wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes if the internet had been around in the 60/70's. He'd have been hounded out by the folk on the very high horses.

20 year old loses temper after getting head-butted. SHOCKER!

If someone had butted me on the pitch when I was 20 I'd have followed my head-butt up with a couple of left hooks, just to make sure he got the f'in message.

FranckSuzy
05-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Mickey E wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes if the internet had been around in the 60/70's. He'd have been hounded out by the folk on the very high horses.

20 year old loses temper after getting head-butted. SHOCKER!

If someone had butted me on the pitch when I was 20 I'd have followed my head-butt up with a couple of left hooks, just to make sure he got the f'in message.

:faf: :faf:

Why are we still 'talking' about this? It happened, rightly or wrongly. Everyone reacts to different situations, er, differently. End of.

Rasta_Hibs
05-01-2010, 08:06 PM

Oh pipe doon! It must be great up there on yir high horse up there on the moral high ground!

I think you will find that he gets support cos he is one of our own. A young hibee who was nutted by a Jambo and he reacted.

If you want to go hang Darren out to dry go on then but there as plenty Hibees here who will back him up even tho he has done wrong.

millarco
05-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh pipe doon! It must be great up there on yir high horse up there on the moral high ground!

I think you will find that he gets support cos he is one of our own. A young hibee who was nutted by a Jambo and he reacted.

If you want to go hang Darren out to dry go on then but there as plenty Hibees here who will back him up even tho he has done wrong.

Nobody is up on their high horse or hanging him out to dry, just stating opinions on the incident at the weekend. For me it's no different to threads criticising the performance of Maka or Hogg or whoever.

Like I said before I thought McCormack was very stupid; it hampered our chances of winning the game and it could have been worse. That doesn't mean I'd have his contract terminated or whatever, he'll learn his lesson I'm sure during his suspension. Especially as I think he'll struggle to get back in.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2010, 09:05 PM

Jeez! 'Glesgae' must be a tough place to live for someone as level heeded and careerist as you. I say that having had ma heed dragged along the Trongate one lovely evening by three serial community-servers.

Where though, has he sent out any message that violence is OK? He took his red card in good grace with no fuss and seemed content to get down the tunnel (where he would hopefully have carried out full retribution and in private). I've yet to read any quotes from the boy about the incident and his manager has (rightly) done all the talking.
I for one hope McCormack appears in the next derby and I'll be interested to see if that streak of hertz p1sh goes anywhere near him. If he apears from behind the backroom staff in the first place (must say, he bent his run to the tunnel beautifully)

Between the ***** written on this thread matched with the previous Yorkshire-originated drivel about Stewart being a better player than Liam Miller it is clear to me that we need a wee bit more support on these boards for our boys and a lot more unexpurgated bile shot in the direction of the plums.

Westie1875
05-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Yogi states in his most recent HI interview that he has a soft spot for Darren as he reminds him of himself at Darren's age. He'll help him channel the aggression in the right way.

Cropley10
05-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Jeez! 'Glesgae' must be a tough place to live for someone as level heeded and careerist as you. I say that having had ma heed dragged along the Trongate one lovely evening by three serial community-servers.

Where though, has he sent out any message that violence is OK? He took his red card in good grace with no fuss and seemed content to get down the tunnel (where he would hopefully have carried out full retribution and in private). I've yet to read any quotes from the boy about the incident and his manager has (rightly) done all the talking.
I for one hope McCormack appears in the next derby and I'll be interested to see if that streak of hertz p1sh goes anywhere near him. If he apears from behind the backroom staff in the first place (must say, he bent his run to the tunnel beautifully)

Between the ***** written on this thread matched with the previous Yorkshire-originated drivel about Stewart being a better player than Liam Miller it is clear to me that we need a wee bit more support on these boards for our boys and a lot more unexpurgated bile shot in the direction of the plums.

Correct on all counts. This is aneffin Hibs board!

Cropley10
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM

Well you are fortunate to be so level headed and disciplined. I think it's arguably worse to see professional players rolling around in agony pretending to be hurt when they clearly are not.