PDA

View Full Version : yogi ! that was CRAP

sauzee
03-01-2010, 04:05 PM
wrong selection for a start,3 out of the back 4 playing out of position,some individual performances were poor,if we can't beat that shower at home we're in trouble,thats just not good enough!!!

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Hibs don't perform as well as we should in derbies. When will people learn this? All this 'I expect a win by at least three' is a lot of pish regardless of how well we are doing/ badly they are doing. People say the Yams get ahead of themselves when they are doing well. Pot calling the kettle black IMO.

9 points still. Glory Glory

bobbyhibs1983
03-01-2010, 04:09 PM
wrong selection for a start,3 out of the back 4 playing out of position,some individual performances were poor,if we can't beat that shower at home we're in trouble,thats just not good enough!!!

:top marks

We were very poor yet again, against a very weak heartz side.I felt we we happy to settle for a draw today.there was a lack of fight imo,

I also think you gotta get deeks off left mid,

hibeeleicester
03-01-2010, 04:11 PM
:agree::agree:

That was our chance to trail celtic by two points and have a game in hand :grr::grr:

jacomo
03-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Everyone's a brilliant manager in hindsight, eh?

I thought the selection was broadly right - Wotherspoon moved into midfield to make us more solid there, counteract the expected physical challenge from Hearts.

Yogi obviously doesn't think Hanlon is ready for CH yet - that's his call. So the back 4 picked itself.

We clearly missed McBride in the middle and will be much better when he's back. Rankin had a shocker by all accounts... and Zemmama couldn't do anything from the middle.

Disappointing result but we are a work in progress and I'm sure Yogi is learning about the team. It's clear that this squad still lacks depth in certain positions.

jabis
03-01-2010, 04:14 PM

This from someone who probably couldn't coach a busload of busdrivers to a busstation.

norhfc
Agree,thats two bad performances at home over xmas,that shower are brutal and we should have beaten them simple as.
Felt Riordan played better and our keeper looked pretty solid,but we yet again had too many not performing.Bullied again,we really need someone in midfield who can get stuck in.Great to see Murray putting in the tackles,that Santana felly was losing it big time.Murray was my MOM anyway.

sauzee
Hibs don't perform as well as we should in derbies. When will people learn this? All this 'I expect a win by at least three' is a lot of pish regardless of how well we are doing/ badly they are doing. People say the Yams get ahead of themselves when they are doing well. Pot calling the kettle black IMO.

9 points still. Glory Glory

"donn't perform well in derbies" well i've heard it all now! they get paid to perform well,especially in front of their own fans,against a less than poor **** side

SRHibs
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Riordan is being completely wasted out on the left. Need to stick him and Stokes up front together.

Also, Zemmama seems to be the only spark we have in midfield at the moment. Was silly removing him. Should've hooked Rankin instead.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 04:18 PM
not a good display, thought Ian Murray and Miller did well, Stokes also. We need to get Deek more into the games...

euro Hibby
03-01-2010, 04:19 PM
This is the poor side Hibs have failed to beat now in 2 games this season !
Hibs are off the boil for the moment and are still some way short of being a very good team and Yogi knows it !

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
"donn't perform well in derbies" well i've heard it all now! they get paid to perform well,especially in front of their own fans,against a less than poor **** side

I'm not defending the fact that Hibs are pish in derbies but its true. People get hyped us cause we are performing well but if you expect to win a derby by 3/4 goals, you need a reality check.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
03-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm not defending the fact that Hibs are pish in derbies but its true. People get hyped us cause we are performing well but if you expect to win a derby by 3/4 goals, you need a reality check.

Mixu won three derby's last season lest we forget, minus Stokes, Zouma and Miller. I still think Deek should be moved up with Stokes, just doesn't affect proceedings enough on the left anyway.

JE89
03-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Mixu won three derby's last season lest we forget, minus Stokes, Zouma and Miller. I still think Deek should be moved up with Stokes, just doesn't affect proceedings enough on the left anyway.

We did win three, but to be honest we didn't play particularly well. It would be like if we had grabbed a late goal today. However you can't argue with what you've said.

Agree with Deeks up front. Could rankin be played on the left, allowing McBride to come into midfield with Miller, Zoumer?

sauzee
03-01-2010, 04:29 PM

don't expect to win derbies by 3/4 goal,but do expect to score 1 more than a very very poor pub team

hibsbollah
03-01-2010, 04:31 PM
If only Petrie would sack Yogi and give the job to a hibs.net tactical guru, we would have gone all 14 games undefeated instead of this appalling run we're on:grr:

Get it sorted Petrie etc etc:yawn:

GlesgaeHibby
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
We were very poor today and lucky to come out with a draw. Not enough fight and determination in the team today, we constantly gifted them possession through either misplaced passes or long hopeful punts up to Stokes.

I would have hoped that Yogi would have made more than 1 sub as the team were seriously struggling throughout the whole of the second half.

McCormack was an idiot, and Yogi should make that clear. He emphasised that keeping our discipline is essential, and McCormack picking up a needless red card was really upsetting to see.

Luckily a draw today isn't a bad result and keeps us 9 clear of Hearts and 5 ahead of Dundee Utd.

A win at tannadice would be a massive boost in the push for 3rd.

jabis
03-01-2010, 04:38 PM
If only Petrie would sack Yogi and give the job to a hibs.net tactical guru, we would have gone all 14 games undefeated instead of this appalling run we're on:grr:

Get it sorted Petrie etc etc:yawn:

:top marks

God I love irony! :thumbsup:

The_Todd
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
It was poor, but not down to selection and tactics, just a bad day at the office.

Hearts were equally crap but was a better result for them, although the Yams end was so quiet you'd be forgiven for forgetting they were even there today.

Malthibby
03-01-2010, 05:09 PM
It was absolutely p x x s poor. That Hearts team play anti-football & we should be doing them when they are as bad as that.
We were very shaky at the back, despite their lack of threat, & were generally dragged down to the Jumbos level, booting the ball in the air, mis-passing all over the pitch & appearing to lack belief.
Special mention to Murray, who went on two great runs & was deliberately taken out both times by dirty bar stewards, & Stokes who kept trying while being less than on top of his game. Riordan looked like the one who could do most damage when he had the ball, but seemed to drift out of the match for periods of time. Good to see McBride back on the pitch.
Thought Maka would have saved their goal.:devil:
GG

Keith_M
03-01-2010, 05:14 PM
It was poor, but not down to selection and tactics, just a bad day at the office.

Hearts were equally crap but was a better result for them, although the Yams end was so quiet you'd be forgiven for forgetting they were even there today.

Sorry, that was last week's excuse, you need to come up with another....

blackhibee
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I know some,probably plenty of people will disagree with me, but we do, the majority of the time, seem to struggle to beat Hearts, regardless of their quality. Maybe, just like the Scottish Cup, the mindset is completely wrong. If the team consistantly treat this as a 'special' game, instead of treating it as just another league game then there is every likelyhood that we can get involved in battles which we almost inevitably seem to lose. This crap about form going out of the window in derby games shouldn't,as far as I'm concerned, apply at all. You should always play to your strengths as a team. More often than not,in derby games,we don't, and there always seems to be a different excuse for why, again, we didn't deliver. We didn't lose today, so this has sounded a bit negative, but the Hearts team we were playing today are not a great team, but by and large they got their tactics right, whereas we, a much stronger team on paper and in terms of results, didn't.

BSEJVT
03-01-2010, 06:29 PM
I thought we were very very poor today.

I would love to come away from a derby thinking we wanted it more than they did and outfought them all over the park.

When was the last time you thought that?

They are absolute pish, yet their greater desire gets them a foothold in a game they should get whooped in.

There are probably about 3 of their players 4 max who stand any chance of getting in this Hibs team and yet we struggled big time today.

Yogi is absolutely clueless at substitiutions.

I cant believe he didnt make changes at half time.

McCormack distribution woeful.

Wotherspoon unsurprisingly the laddie looks jaded and could probably do with a rest before his confidence is shot.

Hogg nightmare first half

Zemmama absolutely brutal, pulled out of umpteen tackles.

For me Smith, Murray, Hanlon, Miller and Rankin did okay.

Riordan & Stokes as well on the scraps they were presented.

We couldnt keep the ball late on and were pumping high balls to Stokes which:

a) the laddie had no chance of winning

b) there was nobody there to support him

Yet when Hears broke they could always find a free man. How come?

Why not bring Nish on to hold the ball up and let the midfield support?

Thankfully they are so pish they couldnt make anything of it, but these are worrying times. If Miller & Zemmama dont perform we are mega ordinary.

jabis
03-01-2010, 06:31 PM

I would love to come away from a derby thinking we wanted it more than they did and outfought them all over the park.

They are absolute pish, yet their greater desire gets them a foothold in a game they should get whooped in.

There are probably about 3 of their players 4 max who stand any chance of getting in this Hibs team and yet we struggled big time today.

Wotherspoon unsurprisingly the laddie looks jaded and could probably do with a rest before his confidence is shot.

Thankfully they are so pish they couldnt make anything of it, but these are worrying times. If Miller & Zemmama dont perform we are mega ordinary.

Look on the bright side,your pie was hot :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
03-01-2010, 06:41 PM

The reason Hearts could always find a man was exactly the same as Rangers last week-they made quick 25yard passes while we footered around shoving the ball back and forward allowing their defence to regroup so that our front men(man?)were covered.

McD
03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
The reason Hearts could always find a man was exactly the same as Rangers last week-they made quick 25yard passes while we footered around shoving the ball back and forward allowing their defence to regroup so that our front men(man?)were covered.

:agree:
Playing good fitba is the way forward, but sometimes a couple of quick passes can make all the difference. Sometimes we've played several passes and are just getting to halfway, opposition have all funnelled back and making things difficult.
We have the players in miller, mcbride, riordan, stokes and zoumer to see the quicer passes and execute them. Altho today I thought miller tried a few of them but his teammates didnt read them or were too late.

whiskyhibby
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
We were very poor today and lucky to come out with a draw. Not enough fight and determination in the team today, we constantly gifted them possession through either misplaced passes or long hopeful punts up to Stokes.

I would have hoped that Yogi would have made more than 1 sub as the team were seriously struggling throughout the whole of the second half.

McCormack was an idiot, and Yogi should make that clear. He emphasised that keeping our discipline is essential, and McCormack picking up a needless red card was really upsetting to see.

Luckily a draw today isn't a bad result and keeps us 9 clear of Hearts and 5 ahead of Dundee Utd.

A win at tannadice would be a massive boost in the push for 3rd.

Sorry but this is the biggest load of Bulls@@t , the team did ok, dominated the 1st 45 and after the equaliser had a number of chances for the winner, HoMoFC on the other hand were *****..............

:nade::lolyam::lolyam:

majorhibs
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Riordan is being completely wasted out on the left. Need to stick him and Stokes up front together.

Also, Zemmama seems to be the only spark we have in midfield at the moment. Was silly removing him. Should've hooked Rankin instead.

To me Rankin seems to be Yogi & Rices biggest blind spot so far, too many "grafters" in midfield but a wee nonentity who cant beat a man & set up an attack and who is about 1/4 against to EVER win a header in midfield because he doesnt jump or compete is an empty jersey. Take into account the once a game attempt to replicate the squiggler against a tic keeper who had been on the piss, you have a player squandering at least one oppertunity a game when we are pressing. Rankin is a man short, and there is no pun intended. Any of us could run about daft in a Hibs jersey, and I reckon there would be more than a few could do a better job than Rankin. But he is a nice guy who meets some fans.

whiskyhibby
03-01-2010, 06:51 PM
To me Rankin seems to be Yogi & Rices biggest blind spot so far, too many "grafters" in midfield but a wee nonentity who cant beat a man & set up an attack and who is about 1/4 against to EVER win a header in midfield because he doesnt jump or compete is an empty jersey. Take into account the once a game attempt to replicate the squiggler against a tic keeper who had been on the piss, you have a player squandering at least one oppertunity a game when we are pressing. Rankin is a man short, and there is no pun intended. Any of us could run about daft in a Hibs jersey, and I reckon there would be more than a few could do a better job than Rankin. But he is a nice guy who meets some fans.

Agree, now if we had Mickey Stewart back..................

:stirrer: :tin hat::tin hat:

IWasThere2016
03-01-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree with all Thorburn1 says save for Rankin - as I thought he was poor. Ancient is correct also as we were too often too slow to pass and move.

That wasnae good enough for me today. Stokes was isolated and expected to latch onto long balls far too often.

The_Todd
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Sorry, that was last week's excuse, you need to come up with another....

I wasn't on the pitch so I don't need an excuse. That starting XI was more than good enough to beat any combination of any 11 Hertz players.

Simkin911
03-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I agree with all Thorburn1 says save for Rankin - as I thought he was poor. Ancient is correct also as we were too often too slow to pass and move.

That wasnae good enough for me today. Stokes was isolated and expected to latch onto long balls far too often.

==
Stokes movement was quite impressive and had the beating of the the Hearts defence/ Having him up front alone could work in the right game/circumstances but not ever when there's a total absence of quality providing the supply. Most of the punts up the park in his general direction (and I use the term "general" loosely) would have been at home in an sunday league team.

Very poor and inadequate use of resources in the last 30 mins. I really don't know what the instructions were to the team....

mcfly
03-01-2010, 07:11 PM
service to stokes was awful today......why did we only have 1 up front and keep lumping high balls??

in the end a good point as we played v poor

1875 NO 1
03-01-2010, 08:10 PM

we haven't been that great all season, but have been getting away with it. Yogi's formations and tactics aren't working. Stokes is constantly isolated and the midfield lacks aggression and tacklers. Use of subs is poor.

Be intersting what he does in the transfer window. We are in a strong position to cement 3rd place.

1875 NO 1
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
==
Stokes movement was quite impressive and had the beating of the the Hearts defence/ Having him up front alone could work in the right game/circumstances but not ever when there's a total absence of quality providing the supply. Most of the punts up the park in his general direction (and I use the term "general" loosely) would have been at home in an sunday league team.

Very poor and inadequate use of resources in the last 30 mins. I really don't know what the instructions were to the team....

For a min i thot mixu wasback in the dugout