PDA

View Full Version : Question When was the last time

iwasthere1972
03-01-2010, 07:32 AM
A game was called off when you were already en-route to it.

For me................2004/2005 season trip to Motherwell when they "forgot" to put the heating on. :grr:

I travelled through by train from Edinburgh (thought at the time it was a wee bit quiet on board) and only found out that the game was off when I was about 200 yards from Fir Park. :doh: To be fair I wasn't the only one. :greengrin

Dibben
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
The St Mirren game when we were in the 1st division. I was in the Albion Bar, when news reached us that the St Mirren coach (bus...) was stuck in traffic on the M8, so the game was cancelled.

There was also a game around 95/6 when we had floodlight failure at ER, and game was cancelled after we had got to the ground!!

BH.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Friendly under McLeish at InnerLeithen, got to ground to find out pitch was waterlogged.........

Athens - Got to Airport over there and game was cancelled.......

marinello59
03-01-2010, 07:40 AM
A couple of seasons back against, I think, St Mirren. Pitch at ER was waterlogged after a night of torrential rain. We got to Forfar before having to turn back for Aberdeen

tbfhibs
03-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Aberdeen v Hibs, eight years ago maybe.Listened to cd,s all the way up turned the radio on at Brechin to find out the game was off.

BoltonHibee
03-01-2010, 07:49 AM
St Mirren game, had just driven onto Easter Road when it came on the radio, or the Motherwell game at Fir Park, was actually just passing the ground when news came in. Cannot remember which game was last.

James70
03-01-2010, 08:01 AM
I recall in the mid 70s I was one of a group of Hibs and Hearts fans that got the bus into Edinburgh for the New Years derby at Tynecastle. We were walking from Princes Street down to *********** when folk started to tell us the game was off although we didn't believe them at first.

I'm sure that when the West stand was being built an evening match had to be postponed due to floodlight failure and the crowd was already in the ground by then.

millarco
03-01-2010, 09:04 AM
A couple of seasons back against, I think, St Mirren. Pitch at ER was waterlogged after a night of torrential rain. We got to Forfar before having to turn back for Aberdeen

Was Grenta IIRC. We were coming through from Glasgow, my uncle and some other family had come up to do hospitality and someone from Hibs phoned to say it was off. Me and my dad carried on through to Starks Park for Raith Rovers vrs Berwick Rangers, Keigan Ayres and Blair Tolmie were making their debuts for Berwick. The half time stovies made it worthwhile though!

lyonhibs
03-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Was Grenta IIRC. We were coming through from Glasgow, my uncle and some other family had come up to do hospitality and someone from Hibs phoned to say it was off. Me and my dad carried on through to Starks Park for Raith Rovers vrs Berwick Rangers, Keigan Ayres and Blair Tolmie were making their debuts for Berwick. The half time stovies made it worthwhile though!

:agree: :agree:

But it was a burst pipe, therefore no heating that got the game cancelled as opposed to the state of the pitch IIRC.

Remember being told having just got off the bus from Glasgow with my Hibs scarf on - mightily peeved, but nothing, NOTHING on how irritated I'll be if (or as I suspect, when) today's game gets called off :boo hoo:

Jones28
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
A game was called off when you were already en-route to it.

For me................2004/2005 season trip to Motherwell when they "forgot" to put the heating on. :grr:

I travelled through by train from Edinburgh (thought at the time it was a wee bit quiet on board) and only found out that the game was off when I was about 200 yards from Fir Park. :doh: To be fair I wasn't the only one. :greengrin

That was the same one me and my faither were caught out on, fortunately hadnt left the house yet :greengrin