PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is no longer just about bragging rights

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Does Dundee United's defeat today and their apparent drift, allied to the inconsistency of most of the other non-OF teams, mean that Hearts are now the main threat to our getting third place?

A few weeks ago I would not have even considered this but, having taken 13 points out of their last 18, albeit largely flukily apparently, Hearts seem to be on a roll. Yes, they still seem to be playing gash but are somehow coming away with the points and inevitably gaining confidence from that. If they were to win tomorrow, as we well know, they would be just 6 points behind us, albeit with a game more played, and could no longer be considered 'dead in the water' as far as a European place is concerned.

Don't get me wrong: I realise that Dundee United or even Aberdeen or Motherwell could overtake us, if we start shipping points, but it seems to me that Hearts are suddenly, unbelievably, the main danger.

Tomorrow's game, therefore, is suddenly a 'six pointer' in the race for third.

stubru59
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Without doing anything of note they have hit a winning streak. From our point of view that is a good thing.

Players will have to get the finger out and battle for 90 minutes. The Rangers game exposed our weakness in midfield, which at least flags up what not to do.

No matter the circumstances we always want to beat them. And if we play to our potential we should.

hfc rd
02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
We will beat them, if we play to our potential. There confidence is high at the moment having gone on a 4 match unbeaten run and they will be fired up for this one. Lets hope to prove that the rangers game was just an off-day and the players repay us back with a win.