PDA

View Full Version : Europe?

Jamesie
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Possibly getting ahead of myself but we would only have ourselves to blame if we weren't playing European football next season, given we're currently sitting 9 points off 5th place.

I'm right in thinking that the cup runners up won't get a Euro place anymore, right, and that place will go to the team which finishes third (with the bonus of getting into the second qualifying round) while the place which was won for finishing third last year (and going into the first qualifying round) will go to the team which finishes fourth, yup?

Anyone got any particularly preferences / destinations as to where we go on our adventures?

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2010, 09:20 PM
I thought the difference between 32 and 23 was 9! :confused:

Jamesie
02-01-2010, 09:22 PM
I thought the difference between 32 and 23 was 9! :confused:

You're right. Swift edit applied :greengrin

steve75
02-01-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought it was 3rd, 4th and cup winner(or runner up depending on league positions)
mind we got an extra place.

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_coefficient#Current_ranking_.282010-11_UEFA_competitions.29

yup, 2 CL places and 3 EL

Sas_The_Hibby
02-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Possibly getting ahead of myself but we would only have ourselves to blame if we weren't playing European football next season, given we're currently sitting 9 points off 5th place.

I'm right in thinking that the cup runners up won't get a Euro place anymore, right, and that place will go to the team which finishes third (with the bonus of getting into the second qualifying round) while the place which was won for finishing third last year (and going into the first qualifying round) will go to the team which finishes fourth, yup?

Anyone got any particularly preferences / destinations as to where we go on our adventures?

We've been thinking this every season for about the last three seasons, only to find it's not the case. I understood UEFA were still not budging on this one and that there had to be a club qualifying via the Scottish Cup. I may be wrong.

Anyway you are getting way ahead of yourself.

hfc rd
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM
With the team we have at the moment (and the possibilty of it being strengthend) then we should be looking at qualifying for the europa league.