PDA

View Full Version : Team for the derby

Wotherspiniesta
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
So what does everyone think Yogi will go with tomorrow?
Personally I'd like to see us go with:

..............................Stack :pray:.........................

McCormack..........Hogg....Murray..............Han lon

......................Miller........McBride:pray:. ...............

Wotherspoon..........Zemmama..............Riordan

............................Stokes................ ...........

Bench: Smith, Thicot, Rankin, Cregg, Benji, Galbraith, Nish

I think Nish has been playing pretty well recently, but there seems to be a tendancy to punt the ball up to him when things aren't going that well, and he's not good in the air. If we play this team we have our more technically gifted players in advanced positions and can knock the ball about a bit. If we try playing the long ball, like we did in the last derby we will find Hearts will overpower us what with them being a big, physical team. Wotherspoon will give us more cover for the right hand side and track the runs of Wallace, while still getting forward. Riordan won't have to up his game by much to better last weeks showing and is definately due a goal. Stokes is on fire right now and his overall game looked a lot better last week (no doubt helped by his goals). Maybe it sounds obvious to say, but I think the key battle will be in the midfield. If we get Miller on the ball early keeping play moving and keeping it simple, he will hopefully dictate play and if McBride is fit, he needs to start IMO. Nobody in the team can do the job he does, covering for the full backs and hitting crossfield balls to either wing. Overall, if we can stick to our own game, stay composed while matching Hearts in the middle of the park, we should win this game.

One last thing:

:flag:Mon the cabbage! :flag:

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Hanlon Murray

McBride Miller Cregg

Zemamma Stokes Deek

SteveHFC
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Stack

Wotherspoon Hogg Murray Hanlon

Miller McBride Cregg

Zemamma

Stokes Riordan

greglauder
02-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Stack

McCormack Hogg Murray Hanlon

Zemmama Miller Cregg Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

Wotherspoon dropped as he is not a RB and has struggled against good teams this year at RB. Don't rate Rankin at all so Cregg in for him and he would give us some bite in the midfield. Riordan isn't cutting it for me out wide so i would push him up front with Galbraith coming in as he deserves a chance

PaulSmith
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Smith
Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
McBride or Cregg or Stevenson
Miller
Riordan

Nish

Stokes

HFC 0-7
02-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Dont know what team I would play, but I would hope that whoever is playing left back is quick, because that Suso is playing, although he is a diving little turd and not particularly good, it looked like our 2 full backs got done last week with pace. Hanlon for some reason looked very slow.

fife hfc
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
The defence was solid enough at tynie so would go with the same back four. it also looks very unlikely that stack will make it (just because we signed Smith so quickly) so I'd go a solid 4-4-2

.............................Smith................ ..............
Wotherspoon......Hogg......Murray........stevenson
Zemmama..........Miller......Cregg..........Galbra ith
......................Riordan.....Stokes.......... ..........

18Craig75
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Maka

McCormack Hogg Hanlon Murray

McBride

Wotherspoon Miller Riordan

Zemamma

Stokes

Maka if fit. If Stacks fit, on the bench. Only if those 2 aren't 100% would I put Smith right in! Obviously depends on McBride being fit as well. Been pleasantly surprised with Rankin the past few weeks so he's a bit unfortunate to be dropped but McBride is to important to be fit and on the bench! Spoony was very exposed last week and i think his distribution suffered as a result, so McCormack comes in to help out on the defensive duties!

Right in aboot them!!

:notworthy:

Toaods
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Makalambay

McCormack Hogg Murray

McBride

Wotherspoon Zemmama Miller Riordan

Stokes Benji

I expect us to be wholly different from Tynie where Nish was lost up front on his own, so I expect a strong midfield with McBride mopping up the loose balls. Only 3 at the back as they play Nade on his own and the front two will frighten the life out of the two clumpoers in Bouzid and Zaliuskas as they will hate the snappy passing in and around their feet.

Nish to come on later once a few cards have been dished out.

Mikey
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Smith
Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Zemmama
McBride or Cregg or Stevenson
Miller
Riordan

Nish

Stokes

That would do me too.

thebakerboy
02-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Before the Huns game Yogi was saying he wanted to change the formation but did not have time on full sized pitch to try it out due to weather. If he managed to get pitch cleared of snow do you think he will do this (he was talking about a diamond midfield) for tomorrow. If so IMHO the 4 would be Spoony Miller Zouma and Rankine unless McBride was fit but I feel this would only be if McBride unfit. so team could be
Smith/stack
McCormack Hogg Murray/Hanlon Hanlon /Murray
Miller
Wotherspoon Rankine
Zouma
Stokes Riorden

Mikey
02-01-2010, 07:56 PM
If I was changing formation I'd hit them with a 3-5-2. Match them for numbers in midfield and have Stokes and Deek up front.

hfc rd
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Stack/Smith

McCormack
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Wotherspoon
Zemmama
Miller
Riordan

Nish
Stokes

Subs
Stack/Smith
Hanlon
McBride
Cregg
Gailbraith
Byrne
Benji

MountcastleHibs
02-01-2010, 11:10 PM
For me Hanlon has to be dropped after last week.. thought he was truly awful. He needs to be loaned out to get experience. I hope Stack makes it, but if not I'm sticking with Maka. And as an aside, I'd drop Stokes and play Benji, but we all know Yogi won't do that so Stokes starts in my line up for that reason. His performances have been woeful, despite scoring well recently.

Stack/Maka

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Murray
Stevenson

Zouma
McBride/Rankin
Miller
Riordan

Nish
Stokes

Subs: Maka/Stack, Thicot, McCormack, Rankin/McBride, Byrne, Benji, Hanlon.

500miles
02-01-2010, 11:38 PM
............................Smith/Stack
.Wotherspoon........Hogg.....Thicot...Murray
.......................Miller.....McBride/Rankin
.......Zemmama.............Nish..........Riordan
...............................Stokes

camthebam
03-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Dunno. But mortgage would be on;

Stack.

Wotherspoon. Hogg. Murray. Hanlon.

Zem. Rankin. Miller. Deeks.

Nish. Stokes.

I'd swop Rankin for McBride but don't think he's fit.

If Stack's not fit then Smith. If Stack's not fit and Smith's not eligible then God help us.

I personally would prefer to see Benji than Nish. But I don't dis-like Nish. And Yogi seems to be making a better career out of this mangement malarkey than me.

Bar injuries the team above is an absolute stick on.

heidtheba
03-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Lookin out over the Pentlands right now I'm thinking perhaps it wouldn't have been a bad idea to get Torvill and Dean on loan...
I'm not liking the look of this. Does a rescheduled date mean they get to field McLean?

Speedway
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Stackalambay

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Hanlon
Murray

Cregg

Zouma
Miller
Riordan

Benji