PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Lee Wallace to West Brom

ap_mccoy
02-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Another ap_mccoy exclusive, you heard it first....

£2.7 million

Alex Trager
02-01-2010, 05:23 PM
heard it five mins ago.... didn't want to put it up incase it was balls

ap_mccoy
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
done deal my contact informs me...

Hibs Class
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Heard this yesterday from a separate source - sounds pretty credible.

Cool_Hand_Luke
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM
This mean he wont be playing tomorrow?

Alex Trager
02-01-2010, 05:27 PM
Heard this yesterday from a separate source - sounds pretty credible.

2.7M is a bit steep for a pistolman

Gus
02-01-2010, 05:28 PM
good signing imo for west brom, any chance this happening in the next couple of hours :pray:

Toaods
02-01-2010, 05:29 PM
that will be him out tomorrow then...won't risk him getting injured incase it jeopardises any incoming cash. Then again if he does play....:devil:

hibeesliam94
02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
If he doesn't play will that be them without both fullbacks?

down-the-slope
02-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Kerrching - loads of dosh for Shabbys transfer kitty :ostrich:

:faf::faf:

jacomo
02-01-2010, 05:36 PM
2.7M is a bit steep for a pistolman

Huge money for a Championship side to spend on a full back, in my view.

Still, the Yams will spin it as a "good piece of business", without realising that it's only a good piece of business if your club actually gets any of the money to invest elsewhere.

sadtom
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
2.7 million what? Shoorley it cant be pounds! That would mean he's 50% better than Murph!

hibsdaft
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Brummie gun dealers will be licking their lips.

Mikey
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Well that's them over half way to the £5m they need to raise in transfer fees every year. Who can they sell for £2.3m?

forthhibby
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM

£2.7 million

got to say, good bit of business by vlad if true

Sudds_1
02-01-2010, 05:44 PM
:wink: hmmm :wink:

Mikey
02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
got to say, good bit of business by vlad if true

I think you mean it's a good bit of business for Vlad :wink:

HoMFC will see the same percentage reinvested in the team as they did after the sales of Gordon, Bednar, Velicka, etc, etc.

The. Square. Root. Of. F. All. :Romanov:

Hibby Bairn
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM
:wink: hmmm :wink:

:confused:

BEEJ
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM

£2.7 million
Still a youngster. Not worth that much, surely?

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 05:58 PM
I heard this a few days ago from a VERY good source..

Think it's a done deal :agree:

Bye bye "Gun" :bye:

hibsfan7
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
£2.3 million for driver and they are sorted
not that czaba will see any of it

that will be vlads back pocket to help fund his basketball team

Aldo
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Their best player IMHO and a fair price if true. Wallace is an excellent player and if he doesnt play then yeaha for us.

This lad should and will be a scotland regular at LB and should be playing IMHO.

fingers crossed he misses tomorrow.

GG

HibbyAndy
02-01-2010, 06:01 PM
I think you mean it's a good bit of business for Vlad :wink:

HoMFC will see the same percentage reinvested in the team as they did after the sales of Gordon, Bednar, Velicka, etc, etc.

The. Square. Root. Of. F. All. :Romanov:

Correct :agree:

Thats just the start of the firesale in Gorgie :agree:

Spike Mandela
02-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Correct :agree:

Thats just the start of the firesale in Gorgie :agree:

But, hey they'll get their two six month loan deal strikers on the back of this:wink:

matty_f
02-01-2010, 06:04 PM
No way will the Yams get anything like £2.7m for Wallace. He's a good player, but not that good.

HibbyAndy
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
But, hey they'll get their two six month loan deal strikers on the back of this:wink:

They wont even get them :greengrin

Tick tock..

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 06:08 PM
He's NEVER worth £2.7 million, daylight robbery!

Davy Mac
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
The world's gone mad I tell you - £2.7m for Wallace.

Nah, cannae be right - sorry but what on earth has he achieved to command that kind of transfer?

Not a bad player granted but never worth that kind of money.:bye:

MrSmith
02-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Tis a fifth of the money Vlad lent his bank! Bye, bye money and transfer kitty methinks!!

Sudds_1
02-01-2010, 06:23 PM
goes straight to Ubig.........doesn't even pass Go. :agree:

Regina Phalange
02-01-2010, 06:24 PM
I'd be surprised if it's true, as West Brom paid around £2 million to sign their current left back, England U-21 international Joe Mattock, in August. They also have Marek Cech, Slovakia's left back, on the bench.

Not surprised to hear Lee Wallace is attracting potential buyers, as he is an excellent player and at an age where he need to make a move to continue his development. £2.7 million would be a great deal for Hearts, I would have thought around £2 million would be a likely fee given his recent emergence as an international.

Hibstrooper
02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
:faf:

Sudds_1
02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
:faf:

I'M actually smiling too.........the thought that the Yams even BELIEVE they'll see any money from this transfer is sooooo amusing!:greengrin what is it? 30/40 mill in debt.....and cabo alreayd told he doesn't need any new strikers.....

....happy new Year Agent Vlad!
:thumbsup:

Hibs Class
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
I'd be surprised if it's true, as West Brom paid around £2 million to sign their current left back, England U-21 international Joe Mattock, in August. They also have Marek Cech, Slovakia's left back, on the bench.

Not surprised to hear Lee Wallace is attracting potential buyers, as he is an excellent player and at an age where he need to make a move to continue his development. £2.7 million would be a great deal for Hearts, I would have thought around £2 million would be a likely fee given his recent emergence as an international.

I'd far rather see Wallace in a WBA shirt than Joe Mattock - Mattock's good, but Wallace is different class

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2010, 06:35 PM

£2.7 million

Am I right in saying your last exclusive was Yogi wasn't going to get the Hibs job because Petrie was holding a personal grudge? :greengrin

£2.7m my ring. The boy's a decent player but they'll be lucky to get £2m for him - the English think the standard of our league's pish, they know Hearts are skint and at the end of the day he's Scotland's number 2 left back after the English boy that plays for Celtic and failed in England.

mayo hibee
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM
£2.7m my ring. The boy's a decent player but they'll be lucky to get £2m for him - the English think the standard of our league's pish, they know Hearts are skint and at the end of the day he's Scotland's number 2 left back after the English boy that plays for Celtic and failed in England.

It looks like this rumour is correct.

However, the £2.7m fee quoted is a total figure including clauses and add-ons and is dependant on Wallace's future appearances and WBA getting promoted to the EPL.

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM

How come?

Prof. Shaggy
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
If true:Ummm: there is no chance he will be risked tomorrow.

I'm_cabbaged
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM

However, the £2.7m fee quoted is a total figure including clauses and add-ons and is dependant on Wallace's future appearances for Hearts and WBA getting promoted to the EPL.

How come?

Aye, spill. :greengrin

Shrekko
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
The boy must be over the moon - he can get back to being a Hibee.

Toaods
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
they're maybe getting a deal that could amount to £2.7 million, ie once he's in the SFA Hall of Fame they pay the remaining £2.4 million up...:faf:

Seriously though, I've always said on here that I whought Wallace was a good player, even that we should bid for him when he lost his place.

As soon as he leaves that circus people will see he can play. We all know they are neading cash to make repayments so he will get sold and WBA is not a bad fit...decent club, likely to come up to the Premiership like Berra with Wolves and a good, young manager with vast experience as a player and bottomleague knowledge with MK Dons.

with no Goncalves it will be interesting to see who gets thrown in as cover tomorrow.

sleeping giant
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM

£2.7 million
:faf::faf:

You mean someone from the PM board PM'd you:greengrin

GreenCastle
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Seems quite a lot of money for him.

I wonder what Bamba is worth then.... :greengrin

Driver / Goncalves / Kingston I would imagine being the yams most profitable players.

Sudds_1
02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
they're maybe getting a deal that could amount to £2.7 million, ie once he's in the SFA Hall of Fame they pay the remaining £2.4 million up...:faf:

Seriously though, I've always said on here that I whought Wallace was a good player, even that we should bid for him when he lost his place.

As soon as he leaves that circus people will see he can play. We all know they are neading cash to make repayments so he will get sold and WBA is not a bad fit...decent club, likely to come up to the Premiership like Berra with Wolves and a good, young manager with vast experience as a player and bottomleague knowledge with MK Dons.

with no Goncalves it will be interesting to see who gets thrown in as cover tomorrow.

Seems the season of goodwill has gone to your head Toaods! :greengrin Seriously though, I've said elsewhere on hibs.net that Wallace is the only player they have that is genuine class.......and that's why its no surprise he's on his way.....I actually happen to think 2m is probably a bargain given what he'll be worth playing in a good team with better overall players around him........

...Vlad is no mug. He'll probably have a sell on clause or something built in to the deal. Pity tho,.....I HATE to see the Yams making money!:greengrin

CentreLine
02-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Looks to me like this is a rumour and no more. Why are we talking about it as if it is a done deal. Lets just assume that LW will be in his usual spot for the game tomorrow and the DR Zuma and Spoony will give him a hard shift.

Barney McGrew
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I would guess that most people shooting this out the water as not being credible will be doing so because of the alleged fee involved. One thing the Mad Russian does seem to be able to get right is getting money coming in through transfer fees - I'm guessing there would have been a similar reaction a few years back if someone had suggested they'd get £9m for the plooky one - so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Not that the Yams will actually see any of the money mind :cool2:

whereswallace?
02-01-2010, 07:37 PM
done deal my contact informs me...

You willing to reveal your contact?

Littlest Hobo
02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
£2.3 million for driver and they are sorted
not that czaba will see any of it

that will be vlads back pocket to help fund his basketball team

I think Driver is their best player and I'd love it if he were to be snapped up in the window. :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM

I can confirm that you had this "exclusive" first:agree:

Littlest Hobo
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Seems the season of goodwill has gone to your head Toaods! :greengrin Seriously though, I've said elsewhere on hibs.net that Wallace is the only player they have that is genuine class.......and that's why its no surprise he's on his way.....I actually happen to think 2m is probably a bargain given what he'll be worth playing in a good team with better overall players around him........

...Vlad is no mug. He'll probably have a sell on clause or something built in to the deal. Pity tho,.....I HATE to see the Yams making money!:greengrin

I'd have to say Driver is by far their best player??:wink::thumbsup:

mayo hibee
02-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks to me like this is a rumour and no more. Why are we talking about it as if it is a done deal. Lets just assume that LW will be in his usual spot for the game tomorrow and the DR Zuma and Spoony will give him a hard shift.

I think we should assume that he will be.

But he could play tomorrow and still move next week...

greenlex
02-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Brilliant just brilliant. The power of the internet. Superb.:top marks

hfc rd
02-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Hopefully he is at West Brom tommorow discussing personal terms (if it is a done deal) rather than playing for those Yams. :thumbsup:.

500miles
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Is this the same Lee Wallace that, when combined with Andrew Driver, couldn't get past the dreamteam that was AOB and DVZ? I think there is talent there in Wallace, but he's not realised it to that sort of value at Hearts.

Danny_Hibee
02-01-2010, 11:51 PM
hes not going there and will be playing tomorrow

Gala Foxes
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
with a previous conviction for gun crime he should settle down pretty well in the West Midlands

Ken
02-01-2010, 11:58 PM
He is signing for Middlesbrough, not sure if he is playing tomorrow but i am 100% sure of this move.:agree:

lyonhibs
03-01-2010, 12:47 AM
He is signing for Middlesbrough, not sure if he is playing tomorrow but i am 100% sure of this move.:agree:

:faf: :faf:

Ah, the wonders of the internet.

Hainan Hibs
03-01-2010, 01:08 AM
As per usual us Hobo's don't see the big picture.

£2.7 million would be re-invested. 100% of it.

Just re-invested into the Kaunas Basketball team.

That's how the pyramid works:agree:.

£2.7 million would be a good bit of business from the Mad one, not that it will affect hearts in any way shape or form apart from losing one of their only decent players. Will they baws see even 0.1p of that just like the Gay Gordo money.

Ken
03-01-2010, 01:13 AM
:faf: :faf:

Ah, the wonders of the internet.

Just passing on info seeing as there was a thread on this. I was told by a very very reliable source a few weeks back.

If you don't believe me, just wait and see.

Danny_Hibee
03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Just passing on info seeing as there was a thread on this. I was told by a very very reliable source a few weeks back.

If you don't believe me, just wait and see.

the fact that the player or his agent don't know anything about any of these moves could spoil your argument.