PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Hibernian Goals of the Last Decade

LaMotta
02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Here is a list , although my memory has been fudged by years of binge drinking, and I did miss the entire 2004-05 season. so i've no doubt missed some out that should be there...

10. Tam McManus - volley at Ibrox from edge of the box, wearing the yellow strips.

9. Alen Orman - Long range thunderbolt from 25 yards at Ibrox in 2-2 draw.

8. Mikey Stewart - Scottish Cup vs Aberdeen. 4-1 win at ER, volley from 25 yards in the top corner.

7. Benji -His first in the CIS final to put us 2-0 up - perfectly placed left foot shot from outside the box.

6. David Zitelli -Shot from a ridiculous angle at fir park in 3-1 win, 2000 -2001

5. Mixu Paatelainen - His hatrick goal goal in the 6-2 game, Latapy switches play to O Neil on the right, O Neil inviting ball in to the box, in slides mixu, 4-1.

4. Didier Agathe - Against Dundee (5-1 win) in the 2000 - 2001 season, 60 yard run, beating half the dundee team, followed by a fine finish.

3. David Zitelli Vs Dundee 2000-2001. Sublime Overhead Kick at dens to provide us with 2-1 win.

2. Derek Riordan - His first ever goal vs Hearts, a 30 yard screamer at ER past Plooky Gordon in a 1-1 draw.

1. Russell Latapy - 6th in the sixth two game. Probably the best goal scored anywhere on the planet ever. :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Here is a list , although my memory has been fudged by years of binge drinking, and I did miss the entire 2004-05 season. so i've no doubt missed some out that should be there...

10. Tam McManus - volley at Ibrox from edge of the box, wearing the yellow strips.

9. Alen Orman - Long range thunderbolt from 25 yards at Ibrox in 2-2 draw.

8. Mikey Stewart - Scottish Cup vs Aberdeen. 4-1 win at ER, volley from 25 yards in the top corner.

7. Benji -His first in the CIS final to put us 2-0 up - perfectly placed left foot shot from outside the box.

6. David Zitelli -Shot from a ridiculous angle at fir park in 3-1 win, 2000 -2001

5. Mixu Paatelainen - His hatrick goal goal in the 6-2 game, Latapy switches play to O Neil on the right, O Neil inviting ball in to the box, in slides mixu, 4-1.

4. Didier Agathe - Against Dundee (5-1 win) in the 2000 - 2001 season, 60 yard run, beating half the dundee team, followed by a fine finish.

3. David Zitelli Vs Dundee 2000-2001. Sublime Overhead Kick at dens to provide us with 2-1 win.

2. Derek Riordan - His first ever goal vs Hearts, a 30 yard screamer at ER past Plooky Gordon in a 1-1 draw.

1. Russell Latapy - 6th in the sixth two game. Probably the best goal scored anywhere on the planet ever. :thumbsup:

Some crackers :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I liked Stephen Glass's goal against the sheep in Mowbrays first season :thumbsup:

LaMotta
02-01-2010, 05:38 PM

I liked Stephen Glass's goal against the sheep in Mowbrays first season :thumbsup:

that's the season i missed you see:greengrin

.Sean.
02-01-2010, 05:40 PM

Absolute peach :agree: He scored a free kick the week after against Dunfermline too.

Other standouts I remember are a Fletcher volley at Celtic Park in a 3-2 defeat, Riordan chipping Alexander last season and a John O'Neil strike against Livi in the SC Semi. There are others, that's all i can remember of the top of my head.

Goals and Glory DVD anyone? :greengrin

Broken Gnome
02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Latapy at St. Johnstone during 2000/01, probably as good a team goal as you'll see Hibs score. No bad finish either.

Few friendly ones to throw in too, Benji against Bolton, particularly Scott Brown's screamer against Charlton.

Long rangers - Nish at Tannadice, McCann against Rangers, Scott Brown against Dundee Utd in 2003....

hibeesliam94
02-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Some great goals mentioned here but Riordans 30 yarder against Hearts will take some beating:greengrin

Hibs Class
02-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Zitelli v AEK
Brown v Dundee United

Allant1981
02-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Stokes against rangers, the way he brought it down and then managed to get the shot away was pretty impressive

greenlad
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Agree with all of the ones mentioned.

Some other less glamourous goals which I remember fondly

Derek Collins vs Dunfermline January 2000 - the same game Ian Murray made his home debut and scored with his first touch. A superb move, Collins shortpass into Miller, tapped back to Latapy who sees Collins bend his run round the right flank and into the box, Latapy plays a sublime backlifted pass over the Dunfermline defence allowing Collins to gallop onto it and delightfully lob the goalie.

David Murphy's screamer at Parkhead December 2007 in his final appearance

Fred Arpinon's volley from the edge of the box at Tannadice after a sumptuous UDLC cross

Riordan's less quoted volley in the last minute at Tynecastle in a 2-1 defeat in 2004, technically perfect.

Fletchers stunning half-volley to put us 2-1 up at Parkhead in December 2005 (already mentioned I see)

Scott Brown to make it 3-1 at Parkhead in April 2005, fastest counter attack I've ever seen - about 4 or five touches from Hibs own box to a goal at the other end, Antonio Murray to Scott Brown who chipped to score.

RamblingJack
02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
The Squigler!!!!!----John Rankin.

'Mon the Hibs
02-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Iain Murray v Dundee Utd, when he ran half the pitch and blasted it in with his right from 30 yards. :top marks

seem to remember ronald de boer winning goal of the season for a tap in against some lowly team that year :grr:

Bobo
02-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Riordan's disallowed goal in the 4-4 draw with Dundee :agree: