PDA

View Full Version : Yogi doesn't think goalies need to come off their line!

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
What do you make of that? :confused:

HibbyAndy
01-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Yogi's a Legend. :agree:

The_Horde
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Eh?

Bob1875
01-01-2010, 01:24 PM
Where did he say that?

Maybe hes right if we had a back 4 that meant the Keeper never had to leave his line, but we dont. To say a keeper should never have to come off his line is bollox, and it sounds very John Collins-esq.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Where did he say that?

Maybe hes right if we had a back 4 that meant the Keeper never had to leave his line, but we dont. To say a keeper should never have to come off his line is bollox, and it sounds very John Collins-esq.He said it to me and one other during a ten minute chat before the Rangers game.:cool2:

derekHFC
01-01-2010, 01:28 PM

:troll:

hibbiedon
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM
He said it to me and one other during a ten minute chat before the Rangers game.:cool2:

That is what big eck believed when Yogi was his captain,

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 01:29 PM

I would hazard a guess that this was taken out of context.
If the defence were doing their job in stopping crosses coming over etc. then, yes, there would be no reason for a keeper to come off their line, but we all know that will never be the case.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 01:32 PM
That is what big eck believed when Yogi was his captain,Well there you go then.It's obviously a tactic/system that is considered amongst managers to be ok.:bitchy:

fife hfc
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Looking at maka last weekend you would hope he never came off his line or to be honest come out the dressing room

Bishop Hibee
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Well there you go then.It's obviously a tactic/system that is considered amongst managers to be ok.:bitchy:

Have you ever made a positive post on this board?

Nothing wrong with a goalie staying on his line if the Centre Halves know that's how he's going to play.

Sloop
01-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Nothing wrong with a goalie staying on his line if the Centre Halves know that's how he's going to play.

That's absolutely correct. If they know the keeper's going to come off his line, then fine. If they know he isn't, then fine. It's the uncertainty that causes problems.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Have you ever made a positive post on this board?

Nothing wrong with a goalie staying on his line if the Centre Halves know that's how he's going to play.I'm not arguing with you. I'm just passing on some info that I thought was quite interesting.

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 01:46 PM
That's absolutely correct. If they know the keeper's going to come off his line, then fine. If they know he isn't, then fine. It's the uncertainty that causes problems.

Or the uncertainty that even if he did come off his line that he wouldn't fumble it more than often:agree:

ronaldo7
01-01-2010, 01:47 PM
He said it to me and one other during a ten minute chat before the Rangers game.:cool2:

He reads .net, and knew who you were, so said it to wind you up:dunno:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 01:50 PM

I think Yogi knows more about the subject than most of us on this board.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 01:52 PM
He also thinks keepers dont need to drop the ball, or wander round their box like a drunk. He also thinks they dont need to pull up with an injury every time they are under pressure. And finally he also thinks Maka's *****, and thats why he's replaced him.:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM
I think Yogi knows more about the subject than most of us on this board.:greengrinGood luck to us then. Because we're going to need it.:worried:

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Good luck to us then. Because we're going to need it.:worried:

Actually i'm coming round to your way of thinking...Yogi GTF!!

Pathetic:rolleyes:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Good luck to us then. Because we're going to need it.:worried:

Dunno how you get that, so far he's done alright. A 12 game unbeaten run, and significantly - one of the best defensive records in the country, third in the league... I think he's proving he does know more.

How many goals have we conceded from crosses this season?

I can think of one off the top of my head, at Killie when Maka came for it and dropped it after the guy bumped into him.

None of the Huns' goals came from crosses, Dundee Utd's goal at ER wasn't from a cross, St Mirren's goal at ER came from a number of mistakes at the back, but not from a cross.

I'm sure there must be one that's come from a cross, but even looking at the number of goals conceded from attacks other than crosses, it looks like the stats back Yogi up.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Actually i'm coming round to your way of thinking...Yogi GTF!!

Pathetic:rolleyes:Did I say these were my thoughts? I simply quoted what Yogi said to me. What a strange reaction :confused:

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Dunno how you get that, so far he's done alright. A 12 game unbeaten run, and significantly - one of the best defensive records in the country, third in the league... I think he's proving he does know more.

I can think of one off the top of my head, at Killie when Maka came for it and dropped it after the guy bumped into him.

None of the Huns' goals came from crosses, Dundee Utd's goal at ER wasn't from a cross, St Mirren's goal at ER came from a number of mistakes at the back, but not from a cross.

I'm sure there must be one that's come from a cross, but even looking at the number of goals conceded from attacks other than crosses, it looks like the stats back Yogi up.As you say. I'm sure Yogi knows more about these things than any of us.

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Did I say these were my thoughts? I simply quoted what Yogi said to me. What a strange reaction :confused:

The reaction came from you stating that we will need luck if we go with what Yogi thinks.:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I agree fully with Yogi.

Keepers shouldn't have to come of their lines.

Clearing the ball should be left up to the defenders. Its much less confusing that way. :agree:

MrSmith
01-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Andy Goram!

Point proven, Goram was a line keeper think back to his incredible performances for us and the huns! barely came off his line never mind being out of the six yard box!

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:14 PM
I agree fully with Yogi.

Keepers shouldn't have to come of their lines.

Clearing the ball should be left up to the defenders. Its much less confusing that way. :agree:Looks we're ready to roll then... Here's to a much less confusing future on the goalkeeping front :thumbsup:

sleeping giant
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Nothing makes me feel better than to see a keeper coming out and catching a ball. It nullifies the attack and gives the team time to regroup.

These modern day managers :bitchy:

:devil:

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't have a problem with goalies staying on their line as the defenders know whats happening. With Makalambay, the defence doesnt have a clue whats gonna happen from one cross to the next, and if he does come, they may need to mop up for him.
I know you say you're just passing on a statement, but we all know about you're "unbendable support" (cheers Vlad :wink: ) for Maka.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm sure there must be one that's come from a cross, but even looking at the number of goals conceded from attacks other than crosses, it looks like the stats back Yogi up.Bottom line is Yogi doesn't rate Maka.When you stride into the U 19's Christmas lunch at TGI's and shout "Right... Hands up who shat themselves when Maka came on at half time against Falkirk"? Pretty much says it all ....

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Nothing makes me feel better than to see a keeper coming out and catching a ball. It nullifies the attack and gives the team time to regroup.
These modern day managers :bitchy:

:devil:

I actually agree with that sentiment, but and there always is a but with hibs keepers. It only makes me feel better, if the keeper then hold onto that ball.

500miles
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Look at Colgan. Good keeper when Sauzee organised the back four so that he didn't need to come off his line. When Sauzee was injured/retired, there wasn't the same discipline, and Colgan became inconsistant.

Behind a well organised defence, a keeper shouldn't have to come off his line very often.

Bob1875
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Bottom line is Yogi doesn't rate Maka.When you stride into the U 19's Christmas lunch at TGI's and shout "Right... Hands up who shat themselves when Maka came on at half time against Falkirk"? Pretty much says it all ....

Yogi did this?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:32 PM
Yogi did this?Yes.

500miles
01-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Bottom line is Yogi doesn't rate Maka.When you stride into the U 19's Christmas lunch at TGI's and shout "Right... Hands up who shat themselves when Maka came on at half time against Falkirk"? Pretty much says it all ....

Aye sack Yogi. Make Maka the manager. Sure he'll make mistakes, but he's got something that makes him more special than other SPL managers, eh?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Yogi did this?They've also got a song they all sing which involves waving one of your hands in the air like a *******...Not very clever or funny in my opinion...

Booked4Being-Ugly
01-01-2010, 02:36 PM
They've also got a song they all sing which involves waving one of your hands in the air like a *******...Not very clever or funny in my opinion...:jamboak:

500miles
01-01-2010, 02:42 PM
They've also got a song they all sing which involves waving one of your hands in the air like a *******...Not very clever or funny in my opinion...

"Put your hands up for Detriot"? Aye, it grates on me too.

BSEJVT
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Maybe if Maka hadnt come off his line, he wouldnt have left such a big gap at the near post for Novo to score?

Maybe if Maka hadnt have come off his line he would have been better positioned to save Miller's first Goal?

Maybe if Maka hadnt come off his line he wouldnt have dropped the cross at Killie?

Maybe if Maka hadnt come off his line he wouldnt have jumped over the ball against Aberdenn and let Brewster score.

Maybe you see a pattern developing?

Hibee_Rab
01-01-2010, 02:44 PM
People do realise hibspain is making all this up right?

matty_f
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
People do realise hibspain is making all this up right?

If folk haven't learned by now to take Hibs Spain with a pinch of salt, then I despair!:agree:

Hank Schrader
01-01-2010, 02:50 PM

What do I make of that?

I reckon you are a boring, trolling flange. :rolleyes:

RickyS
01-01-2010, 03:04 PM

is maka not able to speak to interested clubs as of today? perhaps you could phone a few clubs for him? or narrate his DVD?
I have it on good authoriy that steven tweed is looking for back up for andy mcneill:yawn:

Seveno
01-01-2010, 03:08 PM
A couple of weeks ago on MoTD, Alan Hansen said that there was no problem for a defence if the keeper stayed on his line, as long as he was consistent. The worst thing for a defence is never knowing what your keeper is going to do. ( Remind you of someone ? )

RickyS
01-01-2010, 03:10 PM
A couple of weeks ago on MoTD, Alan Hansen said that there was no problem for a defence if the keeper stayed on his line, as long as he was consistent. The worst thing for a defence is never knowing what your keeper is going to do. ( Remind you of someone ? )

decision making is the key and a ratio of 2 out of 10 aint enough

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 03:13 PM
If folk haven't learned by now to take Hibs Spain with a pinch of salt, then I despair!:agree:I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened. Take it or leave it.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
A couple of weeks ago on MoTD, Alan Hansen said that there was no problem for a defence if the keeper stayed on his line, as long as he was consistent. The worst thing for a defence is never knowing what your keeper is going to do. ( Remind you of someone ? )Our problem will be solved soon then... Because i reckon Maka's on his way out.

HFC 0-7
01-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened. Take it or leave it.

You also say that people are traumitized by maka's ubelievable ability, so I would leave it!

RickyS
01-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Our problem will be solved soon then... Because i reckon Maka's on his way out.

I think the ONLY way for Maka to salvage some sort of career is to go elsewhere. if he ended up at a bigger club, I would put my hee haws in a vice:wink:

Cropley10
01-01-2010, 03:25 PM

Didn't Yogi used to play CH? Just maybe he's knows fractionally more about this than you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Didn't Yogi used to play CH? Just maybe he's knows fractionally more about this than you...

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDid you read an article in the news a few weeks ago when he was talking about his time at Newtongrange? And he said the captain and co-centre half he played with was the best header of a ball he'd ever seen and taught him all he knew about that aspect of the game....?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI'm sure you can dig it up on line...

Toaods
01-01-2010, 03:36 PM
I think the ONLY way for Maka to salvage some sort of career is to go elsewhere. if he ended up at a bigger club, I would put my hee haws in a vice:wink:

just to let you know I've saved this page into My Documents just in case..:foot:

And if so, similar to Gramo's bean spectacle, will these baws be placed in a vice at the back of the FF? :devil:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
just to let you know I've saved this page into My Documnets just in case..:foot:

And if so, similar to Gramo's bean spectacle, will these baws be placed in a vice at the back of the FF? :devil:

:tee hee:

TornadoHibby
01-01-2010, 03:46 PM

Here's (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2790726/Carlo-Ancelotti-still-has-faith-in-Petr-Cech.html) someone else's expert opinion on the subject which suggests that their is another way for a goalkeeper to deal with crosses after all! :wink:

No-one has all the answers as there is always more than one way to do virtually everything! :cool2:

:thumbsup:

Landells
01-01-2010, 03:49 PM

Maybe thats why Bamba was taking the goal kicks! :agree:

Dirkster23
01-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Why mention it now then and not in the aftermath of the Rangers game?

Cropley10
01-01-2010, 04:02 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDid you read an article in the news a few weeks ago when he was talking about his time at Newtongrange? And he said the captain and co-centre half he played with was the best header of a ball he'd ever seen and taught him all he knew about that aspect of the game....?

So what's your point? Does this article prove to you he doesn't know what he's talking about then?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Why mention it now then and not in the aftermath of the Rangers game?Was going to post the whole narrative but thought ..Naw..Can't be bothered..Anyway if you read my other points on this thread, you'll see that in my opinion Maka's on the way out...So there's nothing more to worry about on the goalie front.

Cropley10
01-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Why mention it now then and not in the aftermath of the Rangers game?Was going to post the whole narrative but thought ..Naw..Can't be bothered..Anyway if you read my other points on this thread, you'll see that in my opinion Maka's on the way out...So there's nothing more to worry about on the goalie front.

I see. You're probably right. Will be interesting to see where he ends up then - EPL, CCC or SFL?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I see. You're probably right. Will be interesting to see where he ends up then - EPL, CCC or SFL?

Yeh.. The clown/bombscare teenager that was on the bench for Chelsea in a C League semi will surely find somewhere.... Then again,he might go back to basketball...

Dirkster23
01-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Was going to post the whole narrative but thought ..Naw..Can't be bothered..Anyway if you read my other points on this thread, you'll see that in my opinion Maka's on the way out...So there's nothing more to worry about on the goalie front.

Very strange considering who much you've attempted to defend Maka on this board. If you'd been told something like this directly by Yogi, i find it hard to believe you wouldn't have posted it already.

As i've said before, all goalies make mistakes, maka just made too many!

Toaods
01-01-2010, 04:29 PM

LT inbuilt advertising F......:grr:

ancienthibby
01-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Yeh.. The clown/bombscare teenager that was on the bench for Chelsea in a C League semi will surely find somewhere.... Then again,he might go back to basketball...

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

McD
01-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened. Take it or leave it.

Without questioning your honesty, how did you find this all out?

And could you prove it, since these are pretty serious accusations, which could be interpreted as bullying by hughes!

I would be surprised if a manager of a professional fottball club acted in this manner, and I'm sure that Petrie would take a dim view of it.

Edit: I should point out I mean the stuff abt yogi and the u19s party and the hand wave thing. Cheers

Hibercelona
01-01-2010, 04:44 PM

And could you prove it, since these are pretty serious accusations, which could be interpreted as bullying by hughes!

I would be surprised if a manager of a professional fottball club acted in this manner, and I'm sure that Petrie would take a dim view of it.

Edit: I should point out I mean the stuff abt yogi and the u19s party and the hand wave thing. Cheers

I think he's slavering pish. :agree:

Yogi's a tough man, but he has a lot of respect for Hibs and the players and I couldn't imagine him ever putting a player down like that.

McD
01-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I think he's slavering pish. :agree:

Yogi's a tough man, but he has a lot of respect for Hibs and the players and I couldn't imagine him ever putting a player down like that.

Yes I agree.

Not just what you have said, it just doesnt seem to fit. Yogi has a reputation for being a good man manager, players are not gonna respond to a manager who belittles a colleague in this alleged way, coz they'd realise they could be next.

And I'm sure he wouldnt jeapordise his self-titled dream job by putting himself in a position to be sacked for bullying.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I would be surprised if a manager of a professional fottball club acted in this manner, and I'm sure that Petrie would take a dim view of it.Find what all out? My ten minute chat with him gave me the info on what I base my opinion of Yogi's opinion of Maka.The other stuff is based on a 17 year old who trains full time at the new training ground and his anecdotes.It's the way Yogi goes about things.An extension of the way he larks about with fans behind the dug out.eg ..he slaps Maka about in fun joking away but he doesn't do it to Stack at training.One of the kids ..eg..had turned his back on a tackle..Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point. He has obviously not kicked him to injure him but to get his point across.I don't have a problem with any of this.The same 17yr old also tells me Yogi knows all their names whereas Mixu never even came to their games..

Toaods
01-01-2010, 05:01 PM
players are not gonna respond to a manager who belittles a colleague in this alleged way, coz they'd realise they could be next.

doesn't sound like your standard football player.

All we usually hear about is petty jealousy and/or cleaks amongst squads, hence the reason managers love to tell you the dressing room are all together, etc.

Gatecrasher
01-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Hibs pain has lost the plot :faf:

McD
01-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Find what all out? My ten minute chat with him gave me the info on what I base my opinion of Yogi's opinion of Maka.The other stuff is based on a 17 year old who trains full time at the new training ground and his anecdotes.It's the way Yogi goes about things.An extension of the way he larks about with fans behind the dug out.eg ..he slaps Maka about in fun joking away but he doesn't do it to Stack at training.One of the kids ..eg..had turned his back on a tackle..Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point. He has obviously not kicked him to injure him but to get his point across.I don't have a problem with any of this.The same 17yr old also tells me Yogi knows all their names whereas Mixu never even came to their games..

Fair enuf, not gonna call you a liar, as I cannot disprove what you're saying.

As I said before, I would be surprised if Yogi was making comments about who shat it when Maka came on, to a group of teenage laddies, some of whom I'm sure would be quick to blab about it to their pals and family, all of whom may take it in a way other than the jokey way that you have implied it happened. I would also expect that Maka's agent would not take kindly to his client's boss badmouthing him in such a way around the club.

But stranger things have happened.

Dirkster23
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Find what all out? My ten minute chat with him gave me the info on what I base my opinion of Yogi's opinion of Maka.The other stuff is based on a 17 year old who trains full time at the new training ground and his anecdotes.It's the way Yogi goes about things.An extension of the way he larks about with fans behind the dug out.eg ..he slaps Maka about in fun joking away but he doesn't do it to Stack at training.One of the kids ..eg..had turned his back on a tackle..Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point. He has obviously not kicked him to injure him but to get his point across.I don't have a problem with any of this.The same 17yr old also tells me Yogi knows all their names whereas Mixu never even came to their games..

Funny how all this comes out when we sign another keeper and your worried Maka might be out the door :bye:

Toaods
01-01-2010, 05:10 PM
One of the kids ..eg..had turned his back on a tackle..Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point. He has obviously not kicked him to injure him but to get his point across.I don't have a problem with any of this.

we should do really...that's not the way to go about things in the correct manner. There will no doubt be a horde of macho tough guys who will come on here and state that they don't care what goes on behind closed doors, etc but no employees should be intimidated like that.

I see the one-liners as part of the popularity building funny guy routine, fair enough I suppose but how would you like to know it may be your kid who is suffering that?

McD
01-01-2010, 05:11 PM
doesn't sound like your standard football player.

All we usually hear about is petty jealousy and/or cleaks amongst squads, hence the reason managers love to tell you the dressing room are all together, etc.

Thats true, thats why you'd hope the manager would be trying to foster a group togetherness rather than singling out 1 individual.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 05:21 PM

As I said before, I would be surprised if Yogi was making comments about who shat it when Maka came on, to a group of teenage laddies, some of whom I'm sure would be quick to blab about it to their pals and family, all of whom may take it in a way other than the jokey way that you have implied it happened. I would also expect that Maka's agent would not take kindly to his client's boss badmouthing him in such a way around the club.

But stranger things have happened.Of course kids will blab.How do you think I got this info?The knock on effect is that I've blabbed it on here.

ancient hibee
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
He/s a great guy for taking the rise out of people he thinks know nothing about the game.

euro Hibby
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
question of opinions - quote

But Ancelotti said: "A goalkeeper that takes responsibility in his box can make the odd mistake.

"I prefer to have a goalkeeper who takes responsibility than one who just stays on his goalline."

Hibs lost against Rangers not because of Maka but I say this not to defend him.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 05:27 PM
we should do really...that's not the way to go about things in the correct manner. There will no doubt be a horde of macho tough guys who will come on here and state that they don't care what goes on behind closed doors, etc but no employees should be intimidated like that.

I see the one-liners as part of the popularity building funny guy routine, fair enough I suppose but how would you like to know it may be your kid who is suffering that?The above waist kick obviously didn't make contact.I thought that was clear from what I said...It's his usual bravado stuff . I actually don't have a problem with it.As long as we get results :greengrin

McD
01-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Of course kids will blab.How do you think I got this info?The knock on effect is that I've blabbed it on here.

Which comes back to my point.

Why would hughes put himself in a position to be questioned on his professionalism just to entertain a bunch of laddies???

I'm sure he pulls stunts and cracks jokes in keeping with his personality, the training equivalents to the public side of his job, like blethering to the fans behind the dugout, but this just seems a bit OTT to me, imho.

Also assuming the laddy(s) arent exagerating.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 05:31 PM
question of opinions - quote

But Ancelotti said: "A goalkeeper that takes responsibility in his box can make the odd mistake.

"I prefer to have a goalkeeper who takes responsibility than one who just stays on his goalline."

Hibs lost against Rangers not because of Maka but I say this not to defend him.The silence is deafening!

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Of course kids will blab.How do you think I got this info?The knock on effect is that I've blabbed it on here.

Yet the only person to get told is you, Maka's love child. :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:

RickyS
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM
The silence is deafening!

thats fine if he is capable of the catches (first time) that go along with that. am I right in thinking that if a goalie consistently comes for and misses the ball at a corner we are supposed to think, ok its the 12th time this season but the laddie should be congratulated for continuing to make the same mistake?

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2010, 05:41 PM

They've also got a song they all sing which involves waving one of your hands in the air like a *******...Not very clever or funny in my opinion...

:yawn:

You are a phanny eh

Toaods
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
The above waist kick obviously didn't make contact.I thought that was clear from what I said

it didn't read as no contact but if it was just an acting manner then that's no problem really, if anything it was probably more beneficial.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 05:46 PM
:yawn:

You are a phanny ehIn your books,it would seem.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 05:49 PM
In your books,it would seem.

Mine too. You quote a load of sheite about Yogi, something he's done in full view of a number of people, yet you are the only person to hear about it. You talk some *****, and this tops the lot.:bitchy:

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Yet the only person to get told is you, Maka's love child. :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah:

No...The guy's dad,uncles,friends....etc Add the cumulative of all the the other kids,players, etc,and thousands of people will know.What's the big deal?

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 05:54 PM
No...The guy's dad,uncles,friends....etc Add the cumulative of all the the other kids,players, etc,and thousands of people will know.What's the big deal?

Yet it had to be you who broke the news????? You talk the biggest load of ***** i have ever read on these boards, and you do it daily/weekly. Forgive me if i dont believe a single word you say.

euro Hibby
01-01-2010, 05:56 PM
yeah the more hists you have the more crap you generally tend to talk.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 05:59 PM
yeah the more hists you have the more crap you generally tend to talk.

Hists?:confused:

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Yet it had to be you who broke the news????? You talk the biggest load of ***** i have ever read on these boards, and you do it daily/weekly. Forgive me if i dont believe a single word you say.I guess no one else that knows bothered to mention it.But the Maka song and waving the hand in the air will be known by everyone at E Mains.But you carry on in your own little world.I'm a liar and making it all up.

euro Hibby
01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
sorry hits = threads

Cameron1875
01-01-2010, 06:01 PM
cmon this makalamby stuff is getting old. He isnt good enough and cant be defended anymore. I dont know if its a running joke that hibs spain always backs him but it aint really that funny imo.

Lets move on and back stack and smith. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 06:03 PM
sorry hits = threads

The point you were trying to make has been lost now. If you are trying to take the piss, :faf: you have to get it right first time.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 06:04 PM
.I'm a liar and making it all up.

At last. :notworthy::notworthy:

euro Hibby
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM
would never take the piss .... everyone has an opinion but the more you talk the more shiete you usually end up writing !

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM
sorry hits = threads

Tom..You know I NEVER talk crap!

Allant1981
01-01-2010, 06:06 PM
In your books,it would seem.

And mine:bye:

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 06:10 PM
would never take the piss .... everyone has an opinion but the more you talk the more shiete you usually end up writing !

There you go again, you got there in the end, but the timing was just wrong.:faf:

Big_S
01-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Is this the quick to and fro that I witnessed?
When Yogi said Maka needed to work on his decision making and concentration, particularly in training?

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 06:21 PM
When Yogi said Maka needed to work on his decision making and concentration, particularly in training?
That's the one ..All ten minutes of it. In fact you are the main witness!

Big_S
01-01-2010, 06:30 PM

I missed the bit about how a 'keeper doesn't need to come off his line. Then again, I was concentrating on pretending not to know you...

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 06:36 PM
I missed the bit about how a 'keeper doesn't need to come off his line. Then again, I was concentrating on pretending not to know you...Hahahaha... He said when Static stays on his line it's no problem. The centre halfs deal with all crosses,whilst making a heading the ball away action.:greengrin

Allant1981
01-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Hahahaha... He said when Static stays on his line it's no problem. The centre halfs deal with all crosses,whilst making a heading the ball away action.:greengrin

U really bore people on here do you know that

Hibee_Rab
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Hahahaha... He said when Static stays on his line it's no problem. The centre halfs deal with all crosses,whilst making a heading the ball away action.:greengrin

So what you said was essentailly a downright lie.

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 07:10 PM
U really bore people on here do you know thatDo you think so? That would really upset me if of were true.I'm sure it's not..:cool2:

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 07:19 PM
So what you said was essentailly a downright lie.

What are you on about!

Houchy
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM

You have to remember that Maka's what 20, 21?

Remember back to when you were that age and inexperienced and you'd shout...

... "I'm coming... No I'm no!!!, actually yes I am, I'M COMING!!!":greengrin

ronaldo7
01-01-2010, 07:46 PM

10 Minutes:wink:

Main witness so you say. :dizzy:

I missed the bit about how a 'keeper doesn't need to come off his line. Then again, I was concentrating on pretending not to know you...

Quick to and fro....10 minutes....Main witness misses conversation:faf:

McD
01-01-2010, 07:46 PM
I guess no one else that knows bothered to mention it.But the Maka song and waving the hand in the air will be known by everyone at E Mains.But you carry on in your own little world.I'm a liar and making it all up.

What maka song?

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I have not read any of this post but if is about our first "goal" against the huns. The only question I will ever ask is why did he shoot from 25 yards and our "keeper was 7 yards out ???? Positioning is everything !!

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 07:52 PM
10 Minutes:wink:

Main witness so you say. :dizzy:

Quick to and fro....10 minutes....Main witness misses conversation:faf:Me ..One other..And witnesses.Big S was probably the main witness. What's your issue?

Houchy
01-01-2010, 07:53 PM
What maka song?

Don't worry about him, he's just looking for a reaction as always:agree:

McD
01-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Don't worry about him, he's just looking for a reaction as always:agree:

Lol no worries :greengrin

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
What maka song?Its a song that apparently Hearts fans...Adopted now by young lads at E Mains.I'm not familiar with it but it involves waving a hand in the air mocking a "Flap"

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Me ..One other..And witnesses.Big S was probably the main witness. What's your issue?

U love Him fine. But look at the big picture Hibs need a keeper not a clown

ronaldo7
01-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Me ..One other..And witnesses.Big S was probably the main witness. What's your issue?

Your Main witness said it was a quick to and fro, and seemed to miss the gist of the conversation. Ye couldnae make it up....Or maybe you did:faf:

Now M'lud sorry to waste your time on this issue

NEXT

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 08:03 PM
What maka song?

Yogi joined in at TGIFriday's at the under 19 Christmas lunch....
If you think I'm making it up I really don't give a .....

McD
01-01-2010, 08:06 PM
Yogi joined in at TGIFriday's at the under 19 Christmas lunch....
If you think I'm making it up I really don't give a .....

Looks like most people seem to think you are.....

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2010, 08:09 PM
You have to remember that Maka's what 20, 21?

Remember back to when you were that age and inexperienced and you'd shout...

... "I'm coming... No I'm no!!!, actually yes I am, I'M COMING!!!":greengrin

He's 23, actually 24 at the end of the month..

So he's not that "young" after all eh..

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I do not know what song it is ?? But maybe Yogi is a better singger than Maka is a keeper ???

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 08:15 PM
If all you say is true HS, then Yogi is guilty of, at least, a form of bullying, if not worse racism.
Maka would be well within his rights to take this further, but as there have been no other allegations, except from your good self, I suspect these to be...inaccurate.

Houchy
01-01-2010, 08:24 PM
He's 23, actually 24 at the end of the month..

So he's not that "young" after all eh..

Thought you'd maybe realise from the smillie that I was refering to something other than a goalkeeper coming off his line. Eh..:wink:

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2010, 08:24 PM
If all you say is true HS, then Yogi is guilty of, at least, a form of bullying, if not worse racism.
Maka would be well within his rights to take this further, but as there have been no other allegations, except from your good self, I suspect these to be...inaccurate.

:faf:

That's the funniest thing I've read on here :top marks

How is it racist :confused:

He doesn't get grief cos he's black, he gets it cos he's SHlllllTE :agree:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 08:26 PM

In what way would it be racist?

FWIW, I think folk should give careful consideration to posting allegations like Hibs Spain has on this thread. Stories like this can be very damaging, they spread quickly and unless you can back them up with some proof then I don't think it's appropriate to post them.

Houchy
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM

FWIW, I think folk should give careful consideration to posting allegations like Hibs Spain has on this thread. Stories like this can be very damaging, they spread quickly and unless you can back them up with some proof then I don't think it's appropriate to post them.

:top marks Well said Matty. I suggest HibsPain has this out in a face to face meeting with Yogi:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
Thought you'd maybe realise from the smillie that I was refering to something other than a goalkeeper coming off his line. Eh..:wink:

I know I know..

I realised after I posted :doh:

Total Joey :cool2:

ronaldo7
01-01-2010, 08:32 PM
:top marks Well said Matty. I suggest HibsPain has this out in a face to face meeting with Yogi:greengrin

:take that

or the karate kick above the waist sometimes works:faf:

erskine-hibby
01-01-2010, 08:34 PM
:faf:

That's the funniest thing I've read on here :top marks

How is it racist :confused:

He doesn't get grief cos he's black, he gets it cos he's SHlllllTE :agree:

I'm glad i keep you amused, but i didn't say it was racist, but that it could be possibly seen that way:dunno:
What I am saying is that if this abuse, of which ever kind, is so blatant why have we not heard about this before??
So as I said before I take this as being inaccurate.

p.s. I agree with your last line:agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Like all good comedy, its about timing...

Why has this thread been written today and not post Gers match (ie. just back thread or next day thread???)

I'm just a curious kinda guy...

Hibs Spain
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM

FWIW, I think folk should give careful consideration to posting allegations like Hibs Spain has on this thread. Stories like this can be very damaging, they spread quickly and unless you can back them up with some proof then I don't think it's appropriate to post them.I agree ...If I hadn't had a chat with Yogi and the youngster concerned,I wouldn't have brought it up.The taking the piss out of maka is commonplace.I might be a lot of things but one thing I'm not is a daftie.There's nothing sensational about what I've said.Dressing room banter.Dressing room banter can be cruel. No big deal!

ronaldo7
01-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Like all good comedy, its about timing...

Why has this thread been written today and not post Gers match (ie. just back thread or next day thread???)

I'm just a curious kinda guy...

Takes them a while to think up the plot

Scene 1 Conversation with yogi, quick to and fro or 10 minute scene

Scene 2 Yogi storms into TGI Fridays and starts a sing song

Scene 3 Yogi tries out some Karate kicks in the corridors of power at East mains

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 08:48 PM
I agree ...If I hadn't had a chat with Yogi and the youngster concerned,I wouldn't have brought it up.The taking the piss out of maka is commonplace.I might be a lot of things but one thing I'm not is a daftie.There's nothing sensational about what I've said.Dressing room banter.Dressing room banter can be cruel. No big deal!

Wrong Yogi THOUGHT he was a good keeper, depite his friends coments, but after Sunday he knew he needed a new keeper. How may time's can a keeper be "unlucky" ?

Jonnyboy
01-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Another pointless thread re our goalkeepers

:bitchy:

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Another pointless thread re our goalkeepers

Why pointless ? Surely its the most important position ? Or maybe you do not like the discussion ?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree ...If I hadn't had a chat with Yogi and the youngster concerned,I wouldn't have brought it up.The taking the piss out of maka is commonplace.I might be a lot of things but one thing I'm not is a daftie.There's nothing sensational about what I've said.Dressing room banter.Dressing room banter can be cruel. No big deal!

In my opinion a daftie would post stuff that could be seized upon by the Yams/Press adding pressure before a key game.

Jonnyboy
01-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Why pointless ? Surely its the most important position ? Or maybe you do not like the discussion ?

It's pointless because the subject has been done to death on countless other threads. Maka has fans and detractors - Stack has fans and detractors - Smith will no doubt have fans and detractors.

Bottom line is that whichever keeper plays he should have the full support of the home fans :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2010, 09:55 PM
It's pointless because the subject has been done to death on countless other threads. Maka has fans and detractors - Stack has fans and detractors - Smith will no doubt have fans and detractors.

Bottom line is that whichever keeper plays he should have the full support of the home fans :wink:

And what about the ex-tractor fans....? :greengrin

... they used to support Ipswich

Jonnyboy
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
And what about the ex-tractor fans....? :greengrin

... they used to support Ipswich

:greengrin

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:02 PM

Ur ar right, I will support anyone in green and white. However, the keeper is the most important person in the team. If they announce Maka the HEARTS fans will cheer and that COULD kill the only confidence he may have left. Do we realy want this game with a keeper with no confidence ??? Thats why I think its thread worth having - regardless how may times we have it.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Ur ar right, I will support anyone in green and white. However, the keeper is the most important person in the team. If they announce Maka the HEARTS fans will cheer and that COULD kill the only confidence he may have left. Do we realy want this game with a keeper with no confidence ??? Thats why I think its thread worth having - regardless how may times we have it.

Is this not the stuff of self-fulfilling prophecy?

McD
01-01-2010, 10:06 PM

Only if Maka plays, but the best way to combat this would be for every Hibee in the ground cheer when the team is read out, no matter who is in goals, and itll drown out whatever pish the yams come out with.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Yip but how many "keepers" have we seen die under that "self fulfilling " ?

FranckSuzy
01-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Cerebal Palsy

Jonnyboy
01-01-2010, 10:11 PM

Fair do's. My angle is that there are so many threads about it now that's there's nothing new being said!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Fair do's. My angle is that there are so many threads about it now that's there's nothing new being said!

As a Hibs suppoter I hate this duscussion to. Hopefully we will get a good keeper(HAVE STACK BACK) soon. p.s I wanted Maka to make it but he may not. We need a good keeper again.

Jonnyboy
01-01-2010, 10:19 PM
As a Hibs suppoter I hate this duscussion to. Hopefully we will get a good keeper(HAVE STACK BACK) soon. p.s I wanted Maka to make it but he may not. We need a good keeper again.

No argument with that :greengrin

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 10:25 PM

You are wrong again. But keep talking your rubbish and you may get people to believe it.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 10:42 PM

Perhaps Yogi could pour some red wine over him.

matty_f
01-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Well then, you should perhaps consider how you present the information, as the original mention of the 'kick' was as if the youngster had been literally booted by Yogi, while the alleged incidents and song about Maka were not presented as dressing room banter, rather a sensationalised incident designed, IMHO, to besmirch the character of the manager.

blackpoolhibs
01-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Well then, you should perhaps consider how you present the fairytales , as the original mention of the 'kick' was as if the youngster had been literally booted by Yogi, while the alleged incidents and song about Maka were not presented as dressing room banter, rather a sensationalised incident designed, IMHO, to besmirch the character of the manager.

Sorted.

McD
01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Well then, you should perhaps consider how you present the information, as the original mention of the 'kick' was as if the youngster had been literally booted by Yogi, while the alleged incidents and song about Maka were not presented as dressing room banter, rather a sensationalised incident designed, IMHO, to besmirch the character of the manager.

:agree:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Sorted.

scott7_0(Prague)
01-01-2010, 11:19 PM
So what I got from this thread is Hibs Spain is Maka!

HONG KONG PHOOEY
01-01-2010, 11:26 PM
So what I got from this thread is Hibs Spain is Maka!

Or his agent !!

1875godsgift
01-01-2010, 11:52 PM

But stranger things have happened.

I agree, I'm sure the boys would have spread the news to friends and family, some of whom would be known, I'm sure, by people on here.
But, as you say, stranger things have happened.

Perspective
02-01-2010, 12:06 AM
HibsSpain might be a little extreme in his views but I agree with most of what he tries to say. He gets a lot of grief, but he's only offering a differing opinion.

We're obviously in the minority, but I agree with him that Ma-Kalambay is currently a better goalkeeper than either Stack or Smith and has the potential to improve a great deal yet.

I believe that to be the case because...

At 6ft 6in he has a terrific frame and potential presence for an athletic goalkeeper. We've cried out for years for someone with his build and it's a rare natural asset. This allows him to make saves (and collect crosses successfully in the main) that other keepers simply cannot make.
His shot-stopping ability and reactionary skills are top notch (thinking back to a save from Pedro Mendes at Ibrox as an example).
His distribution, particularly from hand, is IMHO the best I've seen at Hibs. I thought it would prove a real weapon, especially under Collins. Also technically good with the ball at his feet, which is increasingly important in the modern game.
His manner. It may be irrelevant to the majority but the guy is the sort I want at the club. Intelligent, well-mannered and clean-living, who works hard to improve on his game. Always gracious enough to spend time satisfying the demands of younger fans, making their day in the process. In short, a role model. How many Scottish kids could leave their home country at such a young age and adapt as well as he has (or attract clubs the size of PSV or Chelsea).
When everything clicks we have a monster of a keeper on our hands, as demonstrated by consecutive man-of-the-match performances against the Old Firm and Hearts. Also, look to his stats - they make for good reading in terms of appearances and goals conceded.
I'm not daft enough to suggest there aren't weaknesses there.

His laid-back style does lead to the very occasional lapse of concentration, though I would still argue he makes less errors than many of the supposedly better keepers in the SPL.
Sometime suspect positioning.
His biggest failing is a fragile temperament, as things seem to snowball if he makes an early mistake (though suggesting he has faked injuries is ridiculous).
But if Yogi's strength is man-management then I don't see how this can't be worked upon.

Can't see myself posting much more on this issue because it's a waste of time. He has been branded a dud and will never shake that off, and Smith's signing is the end for him. I just think it's a waste of talent.

And breathe...

WindyMiller
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
HibsSpain might be a little extreme in his views but I agree with most of what he tries to say. He gets a lot of grief, but he's only offering a differing opinion.

We're obviously in the minority, but I agree with him that Ma-Kalambay is currently a better goalkeeper than either Stack or Smith and has the potential to improve a great deal yet.

At 6ft 6in he has a terrific frame and potential presence for an athletic goalkeeper. We've cried out for years for someone with his build and it's a rare natural asset. This allows him to make saves (and collect crosses successfully in the main) that other keepers simply cannot make.
His shot-stopping ability and reactionary skills are top notch (thinking back to a save from Pedro Mendes at Ibrox as an example).
His distribution, particularly from hand, is IMHO the best I've seen at Hibs. I thought it would prove a real weapon, especially under Collins. Also technically good with the ball at his feet, which is increasingly important in the modern game.
His manner. It may be irrelevant to the majority but the guy is the sort I want at the club. Intelligent, well-mannered and clean-living, who works hard to improve on his game. Always gracious enough to spend time satisfying the demands of younger fans, making their day in the process. In short, a role model. How many Scottish kids could leave their home country at such a young age and adapt as well as he has (or attract clubs the size of PSV or Chelsea).
When everything clicks we have a monster of a keeper on our hands, as demonstrated by consecutive man-of-the-match performances against the Old Firm and Hearts. Also, look to his stats - they make for good reading in terms of appearances and goals conceded.

His laid-back style does lead to the very occasional lapse of concentration, though I would still argue he makes less errors than many of the supposedly better keepers in the SPL.
His biggest failing is a fragile temperament, as things seem to snowball if he makes an early mistake (though suggesting he has faked injuries is ridiculous).
But if Yogi's strength is man-management then I don't see how this can't be worked upon.

Can't see myself posting much more on this issue because it's a waste of time. He has been branded a dud and will never shake that off, and Smith's signing is the end for him. I just think it's a waste of talent.

And breathe...

I agree with most of your post but the bit in bold is the most relevant at the moment.Tellingly he seems calmer when playing away from home.
As for feigning injury; I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, but I'm sceptical.

scott7_0(Prague)
02-01-2010, 02:50 AM

And breathe...

I would bet we would/will be talking about his potential when he is in his 30's. Sorry to say if he hasn't got there yet at his age he never will. Well that's my opinion.

TornadoHibby
02-01-2010, 08:13 AM

And breathe...

:top marks

Good post if I may say! :agree:

If what has been highlighted and explored on this thread is true, and Maka is being isolated and marginalised by what has been set out herein, then the bit in bold in the quoted post is clearly not going to happen and therefore the confidence building and/or re-inforcing that Maka and any player in a key position will need regularly will not be happening at ER! :confused: :cool2:

Not only would that be "unfortunate" for all concerned, it would mean that the only prospect Maka has to deal properly with this aspect of his game is to move to another club who would view that aspect of his game, widely recognised by modern coaches as being as key as daily physical training to player performance success, as fundamental in being supported with that style of coaching! :agree:

Belief in one's skills and abilities in sport (and life) is absolutely key to success in performance and constant exposure to "belittling" of those skills and abilities to peers and team-mates in the way described in this thread is, if true, abhorrent and must be stamped out for the future! :agree: :cool2:

What happens on match days in terms of opposition fans is then easily coped with by the player if he is content with the support he is getting from his manager, caoches, peers and team-mates AND fans of his team! :cool2:

I do hope that there is no substance to any of these reports! :agree:

GGTTH
:thumbsup:

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Well then, you should perhaps consider how you present the information, as the original mention of the 'kick' was as if the youngster had been literally booted by Yogi, while the alleged incidents and song about Maka were not presented as dressing room banter, rather a sensationalised incident designed, IMHO, to besmirch the character of the manager.The "Dressing room banter" I'm referring to didn't happen in the dressing room.It happened where I said it happened.I don't see what you're getting excited about. I think Yogi's a great bloke and I'm certain he'll do well for us.To be more specific the Maka song was in TGI's,the "Who shat themselves"? was in a canteen at E Mains, the"This is how to tackle son" was in a corridor at E Mains....That's the way he is.The boys love him.Like I said this 17yr old says Mixu never even came to their games. Yogi does and knows them all by name.
You're looking for some agenda from me that doesn't exist :wink: And if Yogi doesn't see a future for Maka with us I'll be extremely disappointed as I thing he's an exceptional talent. Stack and Smith are very average journeymen.I know Stack's story re being under good goalies,injuries etc and I don't see how a goalie sitting in the stands at a club near the bottom of the second lowest senior league in England can be seen as anything better than average. In fact, seen him numerous times and I don't think he's up to much. I know the usual suspects will be screaming...Average is an improvement on that clown Maka but opinions and all that.....:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-01-2010, 09:49 AM

Maybe he's seen Shay Given on TV recently?

Houchy
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
The "Dressing room banter" I'm referring to didn't happen in the dressing room.It happened where I said it happened.I don't see what you're getting excited about. I think Yogi's a great bloke and I'm certain he'll do well for us.To be more specific the Maka song was in TGI's,the "Who shat themselves"? was in a canteen at E Mains, the"This is how to tackle son" was in a corridor at E Mains....That's the way he is.The boys love him.Like I said this 17yr old says Mixu never even came to their games. Yogi does and knows them all by name.
You're looking for some agenda from me that doesn't exist :wink: And if Yogi doesn't see a future for Maka with us I'll be extremely disappointed as I thing he's an exceptional talent. Stack and Smith are very average journeymen.I know Stack's story re being under good goalies,injuries etc and I don't see how a goalie sitting in the stands at a club near the bottom of the second lowest senior league in England can be seen as anything better than average. In fact, seen him numerous times and I don't think he's up to much. I know the usual suspects will be screaming...Average is an improvement on that clown Maka but opinions and all that.....:greengrin

Now i know you're on crack!!! Even you can't be so blind as to think he's "an exceptional talent".

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Maybe he's seen Shay Given on TV recently?Well Given's got the worst record in the top 6 by a distance.Not withstanding that, there's a school of thought for your Given's style and another for Angelotti's ethos..

RickyS
02-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Now i know you're on crack!!! Even you can't be so blind as to think he's "an exceptional talent".

what he means is Maka is the best of the three and he would get a game in front of ordinary journeyman keepers like stack, smith, langfield, alexander, gallacher etc. I dont know why nobody can see the bleedin obvious:wink:

Dashing Bob S
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Maka will be a star keeper one day, but not at Hibs if he has any sense.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 12:23 PM

I agree, injuries aside he could have a long career at newtongrange.

--------
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM

And breathe...

:top marks Totally agree with everything you've said here.

Exactly.

Sadly, I suspect that the Hibs support (or a fair part of it) will continue to get laid into every keeper we sign who falls even a little short of the standard of absolute perfection.

After all, we once had keepers like Alan Rough, Andy Goram, and Jim Leighton at the club.

And we deserve nothing less.

Happy Noo Year, Bob.

CentreLine
02-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Hibs Spain,

It might have been helpful if you had made it clear at the start of this thread that you were offering your interpretation of conversations and had not claimed to be “quoting” what was said.

At 2.22pm yesterday you give us “Yogi doesn't think goalies need to come off their line!” but then about four hours later you suggest what was actually said was “Static stays on his line it's no problem. The centre halfs deal with all crosses,whilst making a heading the ball away action”
You are entitled to your own interpretation of what was said and it certainly has got people talking. But it does not say to me Yogi thinks goalies don’t need to come off their line. It suggests to me Yogi has a problem specifically with Maka’s decision making.

This does not give me too much confidence in your later quotes and I am very sceptical about your accuracy of post at 3.21pm when you give us “Bottom line is Yogi doesn't rate Maka.When you stride into the U 19's Christmas lunch at TGI's and shout "Right... Hands up who shat themselves when Maka came on at half time against Falkirk"?” I mean to say, what were all the normal punters meant to think when this big bloke walks in and just randomly shouts stuff in the middle of a restaurant?

I am very glad I read this whole thread and was able to put your posts in to perspective otherwise I might not have been the only one likely to have been very angry at your “*******” comment 3.34pm. Instead I find that it is once again your interpretation of the issue. Thankfully you tell us at 8.58pm “Its a song that apparently Hearts fans...Adopted now by young lads at E Mains.I'm not familiar with it but it involves waving a hand in the air mocking a "Flap"

Very different from mocking disabled people and most certainly not “*******”. I was hoping that perhaps you might quote the words of the song but perhaps its best that you were able to confirm that you are not familiar with the song. That fact does make it a little hard to swallow your comment at 4.13pm “I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened. Take it or leave it.”

Your posts are clearly not “Exactly what happened” but your interpretation of what happened. This is completely borne out when you tell us at 5.58pm about an unprovoked assault by our manager on a youth player. There was nothing ambiguous about your sentence “Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point.”

Thankfully you correct the tale thirty minutes later by telling us “The above waist kick obviously didn't make contact.I thought that was clear from what I said...It's his usual bravado stuff . I actually don't have a problem with it.”

By now I am beginning to suspect that you are a journalist fishing for stories because you have presented so much speculation as fact. But even a journalist would not get away with that much license with the truth. I guess your most telling contribution in the whole thread was at 5.03pm when you revealed all by saying “Was going to post the whole narrative but thought ..Naw..Can't be bothered..”

Only my opinion but I wish you hadn't bothered with any of your posts on this thread. IMHO you have placed some very dangerous and damaging twists on to fairly average tales and you might consider simply offering the “whole narrative” in future and allowing people to make their own judgements. Your man, Big S, certainly appears to have done that and come up with a different point of view.

Happy New Year to all on Hibs.net including Hibs Spain. :notworthy:

GGTTH

HFC 0-7
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
The "Dressing room banter" I'm referring to didn't happen in the dressing room.It happened where I said it happened.I don't see what you're getting excited about. I think Yogi's a great bloke and I'm certain he'll do well for us.To be more specific the Maka song was in TGI's,the "Who shat themselves"? was in a canteen at E Mains, the"This is how to tackle son" was in a corridor at E Mains....That's the way he is.The boys love him.Like I said this 17yr old says Mixu never even came to their games. Yogi does and knows them all by name.

I have asked you this question so many times when you are defending Maka with the sort of thing mentioned in bold above. If Maka is truely this exceptional talent, who traumitizes fans with his exceptional ability (Another of Hibs Spains quotes) why oh why has bigger clubs not been banging down Petrie's door with a case full of cash begging for his signature?

BSEJVT
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM

His distribution, particularly from hand, is IMHO the best I've seen at Hibs. I thought it would prove a real weapon, especially under Collins. Also technically good with the ball at his feet, which is increasingly important in the modern game. His manner. It may be irrelevant to the majority but the guy is the sort I want at the club. Intelligent, well-mannered and clean-living, who works hard to improve on his game. Always gracious enough to spend time satisfying the demands of younger fans, making their day in the process. In short, a role model. How many Scottish kids could leave their home country at such a young age and adapt as well as he has (or attract clubs the size of PSV or Chelsea).

And breathe...

I am sorry but that is the most wishful of wishful thinking.

He is IMO a worse kicker of the ball than Jim Leighton and that's saying something!

FranckSuzy
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM
FAO CentreLine

Your post at 1.46pm is outstanding :not worth

That is all.

matty_f
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
FAO CentreLine

That is all.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
FAO CentreLine

That is all.

:agree::top marks He's technically good with the keyboard, which is increasingly important in the modern world.:greengrin

Perspective
02-01-2010, 02:03 PM

He is IMO a worse kicker of the ball than Jim Leighton and that's saying something!

Well I think that's ridiculous, but it comes down to opinions.

Look at the recent game against Falkirk. Stack's aimless punts did nothing for Nish, who was playing as the focal point of the attack. His game improved when Maka came on, whose kicking offered far more precision.

Broken Gnome
02-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Well I think that's ridiculous, but it comes down to opinions.

Look at the recent game against Falkirk. Stack's aimless punts did nothing for Nish, who was playing as the focal point of the attack. His game improved when Maka came on, whose kicking offered far more precision.

I guess it comes down to what you want from a goalkeeper. Stack offers no frills, makes sure he clears his lines at the expense of accuracy and would rather deal with danger on his line than attacking crosses, which obviously is not without its issues. Maka is a more natural 'footballer' which results in a few jitters and while he can come and claim crosses, he has a tendancy to miss a few.

There's no right or wrong there, I'd just imagine the ghost of Hibs keepers past means the (overly to some) cautious Stack wins a bit more favour.

Toaods
02-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Inability to direct a placed kick into the desired area or control the simplest of pass backs was the ruination of Jim Leighton's career.

To suggest Makalambay is worse is quite simply ludicrous. I take it you never saw him make a play against Falkirk that some of our recent central defenders are incapable of.

BSEJVT
02-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Maka sclaffs far more kicks than Leighton ever did.

IMO its a welcome bonus if the keeper punts it in the right direction.

Its a disaster if he kicks it straight along the ground to someone, giving them a free shot at goal or kicks it off their arse when kicking from hand.

Bear in mind also that many of Maka's sclaffs come from dead balls where he is under zero time pressure from being closed down.

This to me demonstrates poor technique or concentration, but hey you guys think what you will.

For the moment I am commenting purely on his kicking, but his coterie of admirers will no doubt defend him till they day when he actually picks up the ball and walks into the net with it.

That will no doubt be put down to low sunlight or a momentary aberration from a young boy learning the game.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Its a disaster if he kicks it straight along the ground to someone, giving them a free shot at goal or kicks it off their arse when kicking from hand.

Bear in mind also that many of Maka's sclaffs come from dead balls where he is under zero time pressure from being closed down.

This to me demonstrates poor technique or concentration, but hey you guys think what you will.

For the moment I am commenting purely on his kicking, but his coterie of admirers will no doubt defend him till they day when he actually picks up the ball and walks into the net with it.

That will no doubt be put down to low sunlight or a momentary aberration from a young boy learning the game.

:faf::faf::top marks Although all will be forgiven, when out of the blue, he picks up a baby, and gets his photograph taken, then donates his gloves to the child. Autographed of course.

Toaods
02-01-2010, 02:38 PM
:faf::faf::top marks Although all will be forgiven, when out of the blue, he picks up a baby, and gets his photograph taken, then donates his gloves to the child. Autographed of course.

don't be ridiculous...why on earth would he sign his name on a small child.:greengrin

BSEJVT
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Naturally He's a hibs player after all:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
don't be ridiculous...why on earth would he sign his name on a small child.:greengrin

By mistake of course. :wink:

Toaods
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
By mistake of course. :wink:

I don't go OTT at the odd mistake here and there. Anyway, I see lots of potential in you as a future poster, once you concentrate on your typing and gain a bit more experience.

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't go OTT at the odd mistake here and there. Anyway, I see lots of potential in you as a future poster, once you concentrate on your typing and gain a bit more experience.

Thanks for that, I'm looking at getting a coach in, could you recommend anyone?

oconnors_strip
02-01-2010, 02:50 PM
i cant believe i have just spent ten minutes reading this silly thread. :faf:

now im off to ask my sources about the banter with the under 19s. :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Hibs Spain,

It might have been helpful if you had made it clear at the start of this thread that you were offering your interpretation of conversations and had not claimed to be “quoting” what was said.

At 2.22pm yesterday you give us “Yogi doesn't think goalies need to come off their line!” but then about four hours later you suggest what was actually said was “Static stays on his line it's no problem. The centre halfs deal with all crosses,whilst making a heading the ball away action”
You are entitled to your own interpretation of what was said and it certainly has got people talking. But it does not say to me Yogi thinks goalies don’t need to come off their line. It suggests to me Yogi has a problem specifically with Maka’s decision making.

This does not give me too much confidence in your later quotes and I am very sceptical about your accuracy of post at 3.21pm when you give us “Bottom line is Yogi doesn't rate Maka.When you stride into the U 19's Christmas lunch at TGI's and shout "Right... Hands up who shat themselves when Maka came on at half time against Falkirk"?” I mean to say, what were all the normal punters meant to think when this big bloke walks in and just randomly shouts stuff in the middle of a restaurant?

I am very glad I read this whole thread and was able to put your posts in to perspective otherwise I might not have been the only one likely to have been very angry at your “*******” comment 3.34pm. Instead I find that it is once again your interpretation of the issue. Thankfully you tell us at 8.58pm “Its a song that apparently Hearts fans...Adopted now by young lads at E Mains.I'm not familiar with it but it involves waving a hand in the air mocking a "Flap"

Very different from mocking disabled people and most certainly not “*******”. I was hoping that perhaps you might quote the words of the song but perhaps its best that you were able to confirm that you are not familiar with the song. That fact does make it a little hard to swallow your comment at 4.13pm “I'm telling you EXACTLY what happened. Take it or leave it.”

Your posts are clearly not “Exactly what happened” but your interpretation of what happened. This is completely borne out when you tell us at 5.58pm about an unprovoked assault by our manager on a youth player. There was nothing ambiguous about your sentence “Yogi met him walking down a corridor at E Mains,pulled him up about it and said ..This is how to tackle...And kicked him above waist height! Just to make a point.”

Thankfully you correct the tale thirty minutes later by telling us “The above waist kick obviously didn't make contact.I thought that was clear from what I said...It's his usual bravado stuff . I actually don't have a problem with it.”

By now I am beginning to suspect that you are a journalist fishing for stories because you have presented so much speculation as fact. But even a journalist would not get away with that much license with the truth. I guess your most telling contribution in the whole thread was at 5.03pm when you revealed all by saying “Was going to post the whole narrative but thought ..Naw..Can't be bothered..”

Only my opinion but I wish you hadn't bothered with any of your posts on this thread. IMHO you have placed some very dangerous and damaging twists on to fairly average tales and you might consider simply offering the “whole narrative” in future and allowing people to make their own judgements. Your man, Big S, certainly appears to have done that and come up with a different point of view.

Happy New Year to all on Hibs.net including Hibs Spain. :notworthy:

GGTTH

Some sense at last :notworthy:

Toaods
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks for that, I'm looking at getting a coach in, could you recommend anyone?

my pleasure.

Click here then contact Stewart:

http://theglovebag.com/forums/t/19637.aspx

blackpoolhibs
02-01-2010, 02:59 PM
my pleasure.

Click here then contact Stewart:

http://theglovebag.com/forums/t/19637.aspx

:faf::top marks

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 03:28 PM

That will no doubt be put down to low sunlight or a momentary aberration from a young boy learning the game.I don't know you.But your comment about Maka's kicking is so ridiculously ridiculous that you're obviously at the wind up. I got an infraction for disagreeing with the admin with the Russian hat.. Over something totally innocuous.I get insulted on a daily basis and no action appears to be taken.And people like you just say what you want,no matter what?

Broken Gnome
02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know you.But your comment about Maka's kicking is so ridiculously ridiculous that you're obviously at the wind up. I got an infraction for disagreeing with the admin with the Russian hat.. Over something totally innocuous.I get insulted on a daily basis and no action appears to be taken.And people like you just say what you want,no matter what?

johnrebus
02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I don't know you.But your comment about Maka's kicking is so ridiculously ridiculous that you're obviously at the wind up. I got an infraction for disagreeing with the admin with the Russian hat.. Over something totally innocuous.I get insulted on a daily basis and no action appears to be taken.And people like you just say what you want,no matter what?

Your'e just not part of the ' in crowd ', my friend.

Don't let yourself get hyper about it as there seems to be quite a few people on here these days who have taken to winding people up this as their ' raison d'etre'.

Most of them really should know better ......,

:rolleyes:

TornadoHibby
02-01-2010, 03:44 PM

Don't let yourself get hyper about it as there seems to be quite a few people on here these days who have taken to winding people up this as their ' raison d'etre'.

Well that's certainly "on the ball" JR although it could be just because they don't like people having their own opinions which might just be very different to theirs?! :dunno: :cool2:

matty_f
02-01-2010, 03:45 PM

Some people go out of their way to be controversial or to wind folk up.

Edit:

Don't think there is an 'in-crowd' on here. I've made this point a number of times - it only ever appears to be people who post an opinion that most disagree with that spit the dummy about not being allowed an opinion, completely missing the point that everyone else is allowed an opinion, and just because they 'voice' that opinion that constitutes an in-crowd, or a clique, or whatever.

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM

:rolleyes:"Raison d'etre" ... That old coconut?

BSEJVT
02-01-2010, 04:03 PM

Sorry you are going to have to explain the above to me in small words as I dont get what you are on about.

Your troubles with Admin's / other posters and your concern not mine

I dont feel that my post was insulting, provacative or would give any reason for offence.

I think Maka is a poor kicker of the ball, its my opinion others can and do feel free to disagree.

I can 100% assure you its not a wind up, I dont know if its technique or confidence or lack of concentration, but its there, been there for a long time and show's no sign of going.

The last bit was clearly tongue in cheek and you want me binned. :faf:

I once read a quote somewhere along the lines of

"its better to keep quiet and let folk think you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it for them.

Food for thought for you perhaps?

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Sorry you are going to have to explain the above to me in small words as I dont get what you are on about.

Your troubles with Admin's / other posters and your concern not mine

I dont feel that my post was insulting, provacative or would give any reason for offence.

I think Maka is a poor kicker of the ball, its my opinion others can and do feel free to disagree.

I can 100% assure you its not a wind up, I dont know if its technique or confidence or lack of concentration, but its there, been there for a long time and show's no sign of going.

The last bit was clearly tongue in cheek and you want me binned. :faf:

I once read a quote somewhere along the lines of

"its better to keep quiet and let folk think you are an idiot, than to open your mouth and confirm it for them.

Food for thought for you perhaps? I don't want anyone binned,ever, no matter how out of order they are. I think a site like this is capable of self controlling.And gradually the real trouble makers get ignored and trot off into the sunset..

BSEJVT
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't want anyone binned,ever, no matter how out of order they are. I think a site like this is capable of self controlling.And gradually the real trouble makers get ignored and trot off into the sunset..

Good glad to hear it.

FWIW you are entitled to your opinion over Maka, its not one I share, but you are entitled to it.

BTW I take no pleasure in his troubles, I really would have liked it to have worked out here for him.

He comes across as a really nice, gentle humble guy.

I think though that its beyond that now, but if he does go, I will wish him every success for the future.

fife hfc
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM

At 6ft 6in he has a terrific frame and potential presence for an athletic goalkeeper. We've cried out for years for someone with his build and it's a rare natural asset. This allows him to make saves (and collect crosses successfully in the main) that other keepers simply cannot make.Great if you can use that frame but he can't he should be flattening players but might as well be 4ft tall
His shot-stopping ability and reactionary skills are top notch (thinking back to a save from Pedro Mendes at Ibrox as an example). Great shot stopper last weekend when a poor Miller shot crept into the net.
His distribution, particularly from hand, is IMHO the best I've seen at Hibs. I thought it would prove a real weapon, especially under Collins. Also technically good with the ball at his feet, which is increasingly important in the modern game. Great distribution set a goal up for Lee Miller His manner. It may be irrelevant to the majority but the guy is the sort I want at the club. Intelligent, well-mannered and clean-living, who works hard to improve on his game. Always gracious enough to spend time satisfying the demands of younger fans, making their day in the process. In short, a role model.not gifting goals would make young kids even happier How many Scottish kids could leave their home country at such a young age and adapt as well as he has (or attract clubs the size of PSV or Chelsea). I would rather have a nasty goalie who commanded his box and its his manner that holds him back
When everything clicks we have a monster of a keeper on our hands, as demonstrated by consecutive man-of-the-match performances against the Old Firm and Hearts. Also, look to his stats - they make for good reading in terms of appearances and goals conceded. More like a teddy bear. he is too nice and as I say he needs to develop a harder mentality and nastiness if he ever wants to make it and I can't see him doing this

And breathe...

I like maka and he was great with my son at Bolton (though he picked him up and I feared he would drop him:greengrin). I would love him to succeed but can't see it happening. Stack is a good solid reliable goalkeeper, exactly what we need. I seem to remember stack pulling of save after save at Ibrox this season so he can't be as bad as some maka fans believe.

Viva_Palmeiras
02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
FAO CentreLine

That is all.

Indeed. Game set and match. Game over. No more lives left. Amen.

Cropley10
02-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Maka's kicking is odd, he over cooked a few last Sunday even when we were winning. The game at Pittodrie he mis-kicked one and the Dons player missed an open goal by what 2 feet? A better player would have buried it.

I certainly don't think he has Tiger Woods like accuracy as some on here would suggest...

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Maka's kicking is odd, he over cooked a few last Sunday even when we were winning. The game at Pittodrie he mis-kicked one and the Dons player missed an open goal by what 2 feet? A better player would have buried it.

I certainly don't think he has Tiger Woods like accuracy as some on here would suggest...

He slipped in conditions where everyone was slipping.He shouldn't have taking that free kick 35yds out in the first place.But generally his kicking from the ground is the best I've seen.I'm starting to think you've never seen him at a game "live"...

BigKev
02-01-2010, 08:10 PM
He slipped in conditions where everyone was slipping.He shouldn't have taking that free kick 35yds out in the first place.But generally his kicking from the ground is the best I've seen.I'm starting to think you've never seen him at a game "live"...

I'm starting to believe you've never seen him at a game "live" :greengrin

McD
02-01-2010, 08:31 PM

TBH mate, I would give this up if I was you. U have ur opinion (and personally I disagree with you), everyone will agree or disagree to some degree or another but all equally valid.
But after 6 pages of this, I think all thats gonna happen is you are gonna get more people having a dig. Rightly or wrongly, it looks as if Maka's time is up, from what people are reporting as yogi's dugout actions/comments, his slagging him around training (as told by you), the general mood of the fans towards him. Like a lot of people on here, I genuinely like Maka as a person, he has great qualities in how he behaves towards fans, he seems a very amiable and personable guy, and I believe that most of the fans, if not all, wanted him to do well here, but its just not really happened, most fans now start to worry when the ball comes near him.
It would seem the best thing for all concerned that he move on, hopefully to another club where he could flourish. I hope he does well and makes a decent career for himself (as long as he doesn't affect Hibs in a negative way).
But as I said, I think you are flogging a dead horse here, and getting nothing but grief for that, give yourself a break.

Cropley10
02-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Maka's kicking is odd, he over cooked a few last Sunday even when we were winning. The game at Pittodrie he mis-kicked one an...

West Upper North End. I watch him like a hawk.

Hibs Spain
02-01-2010, 08:39 PM
West Upper North End. I watch him like a hawk.

You want to upgrade and get yourself a better seat mate..You'll be I'm a better position to judge..:wink: