PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McBride

Aldo
01-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Anyone got any news on McBride's injury and we he be fit for sunday.

For me we have missed his work rate and his ability to break things up and do the simple things....SIMPLE.

Liam Miller is also missing him and has had to play a lot deeper which is hampering our final ball in the last 3rd of the park.

Cheers

wazoo1875
01-01-2010, 09:10 AM

For me we have missed his work rate and his ability to break things up and do the simple things....SIMPLE.

Liam Miller is also missing him and has had to play a lot deeper which is hampering our final ball in the last 3rd of the park.

Cheers

I for one hope he does make it as we have missed him , Rangers won almost every second ball on sunday . We missed his ability to pick up the scraps and move the ball on quickly . Sadly he has been out for a few weeks now and i would imagine a place on the bench is maybe all he can hope for . FWIW i think Rankin has deputised pretty well in his absence .

Expecting Rain
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Sorely missing from the present line up an excellent link up player with a good footballing brain, the sooner he gets back the better, fed up watching Rankin running about in circles making things up on the spot a la headless chicken.

down-the-slope
01-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Cheers

:agree: If Yogi can pick up another Gem like him in the window I would be well chuffed....He gives the defence so much additional protection which when under pressure is invaluable

500miles
01-01-2010, 11:28 AM
As well as I think Rankin has played, being one of the few who I think got passmarks against Rangers especially, there is definately a better chemistry between Miller and McBride, and we lose a good bit of our game when Kev is out.

Shrekko
01-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Sorely missing from the present line up an excellent link up player with a good footballing brain, the sooner he gets back the better, fed up watching Rankin running about in circles making things up on the spot a la headless chicken.

Bit harsh on Rankin who, unlike other fringe players actually tries to make things happen and doesnt hide. However... I agree with the sentiments, McBride is our key player- quick distribution, excellent covering, intelligent and brings the best out in other players like Miller.

RickyS
01-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Bit harsh on Rankin who, unlike other fringe players actually tries to make things happen and doesnt hide. However... I agree with the sentiments, McBride is our key player- quick distribution, excellent covering, intelligent and brings the best out in other players like Miller.

im a fan of rankin too, but McBride has been a stand out so far. I think McBride is a great passer and rarely wastes a ball. this composure will be key when we face the Pink Assasins at the weekend

HFC 0-7
01-01-2010, 03:20 PM
looking unlikely to feature according to this

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3206540,00.html

GreenCastle
01-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Hope I'm wrong and he's going to be playing but I don't think he will be ready for Sunday...

reasons -

1. He hasn't trained as far as I'm aware ? Anyone confirm...

2. No first team football for a while and to throw him straight into a derby would be a risk.