PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Maka

HibeeUnderwood
01-01-2010, 12:16 AM
With Smith now signing until 2011, I now think that Ma-Kalambays contract will just be left to run its course before being terminated. Seeing as we have Stack and Flynn on longer deals too, I find it very unlikely that we will keep 4 goalkeepers next season.

I'm not starting this thread to bash the man, and it isn't a tribute thread either, its simply saying all the best in the future and good luck and hopefully you'll improve with your new team. :agree:

This isn't confirmed either, this is just what I think is very likely to happen now that we have signed Smith :agree:

matty_f
01-01-2010, 12:45 AM
With Smith now signing until 2011, I now think that Ma-Kalambays contract will just be left to run its course before being terminated. Seeing as we have Stack and Flynn on longer deals too, I find it very unlikely that we will keep 4 goalkeepers next season.

I'm not starting this thread to bash the man, and it isn't a tribute thread either, its simply saying all the best in the future and good luck and hopefully you'll improve with your new team. :agree:

This isn't confirmed either, this is just what I think is very likely to happen now that we have signed Smith :agree:

I don't necessarily think it's curtains for Maka - there's a good keeper in there and now he'll need to realise that potential if he's to make it at Hibs.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2010, 09:15 AM
I don't necessarily think it's curtains for Maka - there's a good keeper in there and now he'll need to realise that potential if he's to make it at Hibs.

With Stack, Maka and Smith all vying for the jersey, hopefully they will realise that competition is fierce, and mistakes must be eradicated to keep hold of the jersey.

To me this can only be a good thing for the Club.....

Leithenhibby
01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
With Stack, Maka and Smith all vying for the jersey, hopefully they will realise that competition is fierce, and mistakes must be eradicated to keep hold of the jersey.

To me this can only be a good thing for the Club.....

I'm sure it wil be , and also for the keepers. Come on Maka, you know you want to :wink:

Brooster
01-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Stack has a very good chance of playing on Sunday, if he doesn't make it I'm not sure if Smith will play as I dont know anything about his fitness and recent game time, Flynn is a very good prospect but I'm not sure he will get thrown in for the derby - basically what I'm trying to say is if Maka doesn't play on Sunday he has almost defo played his last game for Hibs............yippee.

The_Sauz
01-01-2010, 01:55 PM

He is only here until the end off the season http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-sign-former-Motherwell-39keeper.5950616.jp :wink:

Prof. Shaggy
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Might be better, in that case, to wait until he leaves the club before saying bye bye.

matty_f
01-01-2010, 02:01 PM
He is only here until the end off the season http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-sign-former-Motherwell-39keeper.5950616.jp :wink:

Til the end of '11 season. (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibernian-make-new-year-signing-20100101_2262950_1920062)

BEEJ
01-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Club website states:

Smith has signed a contract to the end of the 2011 season

Curiously phrased and open to some interpretation; but certainly beyond June 2010. My guess is that it's an 18 month contract until June 2011 and the hung-over Scotsman journalist got it wrong.

The_Sauz
01-01-2010, 02:09 PM
My bad....
Just had a look on the club site :hide:

anyway......it really cold outside :greengrin

craig1875
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
or keep Maka, Stack and Smith with flyne out on loan?